What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (3 Viewers)

It’s interesting that you brought this thread up today. It seems to me that President Trump’s continual belief in conspiracy theories may finally be his undoing. The underlying assumption behind that Ukraine phone call appears to be that Trump himself believed that there was something to the Biden-Ukraine story. 

I watched clips of Miller and Jordan. Besides the continued failed attempts to make this about Hunter Biden

Jarrett argues that Trump has every right to investigate Biden because...what if it’s true? Jarrett ignores  the points that this story has also been debunked,

Neither you nor Breitbart nor McCarthy are getting the significant differences between what the Obama officials did and what Trump did. There are basically 4: .... and forth , as evidence has shown, Manafort really was a criminal, engaged in corrupt activities, whereas the Hunter Biden story is nothing but right wing conspiracy crap with no evidence and no purpose other than to slime Joe Biden.

And just destroyed the Biden conspiracy theory. 
Another Tim narrative bites the dust.  

Where are you going with this?
That there really was clear, blatant corruption between the coup govt that Biden helped install in Ukraine, and the kush job Hunter Biden got 2 months after his dad became pointman between the US/coup govt.  

Yet, as Tim showed us, the idea that there really is incredibly bad optics here and that clutching pearls for the Biden family would be a bad hill for the Democrats to die on, was basically gaslighted as a rightwing, proTrump urban legend.  

Trump’s gonna blast them for this stuff, it’s gonna connect, it’s going to feel good to independents that are tired of the theatrics of an out-of-touch millionaire Democratic Party, and it’s going to be that much harder for Democrats to win over the voting blocs they actually need in 2020.  

That there really was clear, blatant corruption between the coup govt that Biden helped install in Ukraine, and the kush job Hunter Biden got 2 months after his dad became pointman between the US/coup govt.  

Yet, as Tim showed us, the idea that there really is incredibly bad optics here and that clutching pearls for the Biden family would be a bad hill for the Democrats to die on, was basically gaslighted as a rightwing, proTrump urban legend.  

Trump’s gonna blast them for this stuff, it’s gonna connect, it’s going to feel good to independents that are tired of the theatrics of an out-of-touch millionaire Democratic Party, and it’s going to be that much harder for Democrats to win over the voting blocs they actually need in 2020.  
I don’t think so Ren. No evidence of wrongdoing and I don’t think Trump gets any traction at all on this issue in the general election. All it will do is increase attention on the fact that Trump committed high crimes for which he was impeached, deservedly so. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7840445/Hunter-Bidens-Burisma-dealings-pulled-Arkansas-child-support-suit.html

The judge in Hunter Biden's Arkansas paternity case has recused himself today, hours after an attempt to make the businessman's Ukraine dealings the center of the case, according to court documents obtained by DailyMail.com.

Judge Don McSpadden, of Independence County,  didn't give an explanation when he announced he was recusing himself at 10.20am. 

He had been presiding over the case since Hunter's stripper baby mama Lunden Roberts, 28, filed suit in May for child support for their 16-month-old child. She has been demanding that Hunter hand over his financial records from the past five years.

McSpadden's recusal came two hours after 'defrauded investor' Joel Caplan, who wants to be made a party in the case, filed a witness statement from ex-Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin.

Shokin claimed he was fired in 2016 because he was leading an investigation into Burisma and refused to shut it down, despite pressure from Hunter's father, then-VP Joe Biden.

Hunter's finances are currently in the spotlight over his former position at the Ukrainian energy company, which has been at the center of Hunter's entanglement in President Trump's impeachment.  
Can one of the lawyers here break the impact of this down a bit.  Is it uncommon for a family court judge to recuse themselves without offering a reason?  What would be acceptable reasons since we know it isn't because he had a conflict of interest. 

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1212549854016106496?s=20

"The culture.  Our culture.  Our culture- it's not imported from some African nation, or some Asian nation.  It's our English jurisprudential culture.  Our European culture."

https://i.imgur.com/IqoKfeb.jpg
This has been getting shared without context like crazy. The whole video can be found here:

Here’s a link to one guy out of many who have apologized for sharing the clip without looking into it.

He posts a link to the whole video a couple of replies down. 

The latest polling that counts is the same polling as a month ago and 6 months ago- its been very consistent: Joe Biden is extremely likely to be the Democratic nominee. 

Two thirds of the South Carolina primary is African-American. This group is dominated by older voters. They are traditional, they are religious, they are establishment, they  conservative within the Democratic Party. And Biden, despite his mishaps, despite the Hunter stuff that conservatives (and now some Democrats) keep bringing up, has a huge lead. It’s not going away. Nobody has been able to make a dent, not Buttigieg, not Sanders or Warren. 

I think it’s unrealistic to assume that if Biden loses Iowa or New Hampshire or both that will change the dynamics I just described. I know people like to point to 2008 and Iowa changing everything but Obama was black. I simply don’t believe that black voters in the south are going to wake up one day and decide they love Buttigieg or Klobuchar (though I wouldn’t mind that) or Warren or Sanders. It’s not going to happen. 

So I think Biden is going to be the guy. However, my biggest fear is that, rather than accept this as it happens, Bernie fans (and possibly Warren supporters as well) are going to blame a fix from the establishment, just as they did in 2016, and start a civil war within the party, creating a path for Trump to be re-elected. I hope that most people reject this and unite behind Joe if he is indeed the nominee. 

What bothered me about the Biden clip wasn't, as the video might suggest, that Biden is a racist.  I don't believe Biden is racist, and I don't believe he intended it to come off as though anglosaxons are racially superior to Africans and Asians.  

What got me about the clip is how dismissive he is about "some African nation."  To me it isn't far removed from saying "some ####hole country."  It displays a lack of sensibility that I find very repellent for a person running on the idea of genuine civility and 'restoring norms.'  There is no amount of "context" that makes this choice of words ok to me.  Biden isn't racist, but he has the sort of baked-in views I would expect from an out of touch 80 year old.  It's just time to move past this stuff.  

For my part, it was misleading (not intentionally though) to share the clip as if it asserted what it appeared to on the surface.  I saw it on journalist Eoin Higgins' timeline, didn't dream there could be a "context" that would make it acceptable either way- I still don't believe it does- and posted away.  It is still an absolutely bizarre take on cultural divides to me.  

Fact is, Biden's crime bill and aggressive posturing on behalf of the carceral state has done more damage to the poor, vulnerable, and minorities than Trump will know in his lifetime.  His treatment of women is creepy and patronizing.  He did nothing to confront the massive prison complex for the undocumented that Obama built, that Trump now uses to torment them.  His support for the Iraq War destroyed countless millions of lives in the Middle East.  No amount of well-intended, horribly-put rhetoric will change that.  

What bothered me about the Biden clip wasn't, as the video might suggest, that Biden is a racist.  I don't believe Biden is racist, and I don't believe he intended it to come off as though anglosaxons are racially superior to Africans and Asians.  

What got me about the clip is how dismissive he is about "some African nation."  To me it isn't far removed from saying "some ####hole country."  It displays a lack of sensibility that I find very repellent for a person running on the idea of genuine civility and 'restoring norms.'  There is no amount of "context" that makes this choice of words ok to me.  Biden isn't racist, but he has the sort of baked-in views I would expect from an out of touch 80 year old.  It's just time to move past this stuff.  

For my part, it was misleading (not intentionally though) to share the clip as if it asserted what it appeared to on the surface.  I saw it on journalist Eoin Higgins' timeline, didn't dream there could be a "context" that would make it acceptable either way- I still don't believe it does- and posted away.  It is still an absolutely bizarre take on cultural divides to me.  

Fact is, Biden's crime bill and aggressive posturing on behalf of the carceral state has done more damage to the poor, vulnerable, and minorities than Trump will know in his lifetime.  His treatment of women is creepy and patronizing.  He did nothing to confront the massive prison complex for the undocumented that Obama built, that Trump now uses to torment them.  His support for the Iraq War destroyed countless millions of lives in the Middle East.  No amount of well-intended, horribly-put rhetoric will change that.  
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1212579598183084032

In summary, the clip circulating on Twitter omits 1) the entire subject of Biden's comments; 2) Biden saying "Folks, this is about changing the culture" at the beginning; 3) Biden explaining at the end that he was talking about a culture "that says it's alright" to abuse.

Whether intentional or not, he is also not an 80 year old. He just turned 77, so if we are rounding these days, it may be more appropriate to call in a 75 year old. Still old as ####, and too old in my mind

The latest polling that counts is the same polling as a month ago and 6 months ago- its been very consistent: Joe Biden is extremely likely to be the Democratic nominee. 

Two thirds of the South Carolina primary is African-American. This group is dominated by older voters. They are traditional, they are religious, they are establishment, they  conservative within the Democratic Party. And Biden, despite his mishaps, despite the Hunter stuff that conservatives (and now some Democrats) keep bringing up, has a huge lead. It’s not going away. Nobody has been able to make a dent, not Buttigieg, not Sanders or Warren. 

I think it’s unrealistic to assume that if Biden loses Iowa or New Hampshire or both that will change the dynamics I just described. I know people like to point to 2008 and Iowa changing everything but Obama was black. I simply don’t believe that black voters in the south are going to wake up one day and decide they love Buttigieg or Klobuchar (though I wouldn’t mind that) or Warren or Sanders. It’s not going to happen. 

So I think Biden is going to be the guy. However, my biggest fear is that, rather than accept this as it happens, Bernie fans (and possibly Warren supporters as well) are going to blame a fix from the establishment, just as they did in 2016, and start a civil war within the party, creating a path for Trump to be re-elected. I hope that most people reject this and unite behind Joe if he is indeed the nominee. 
I think Warren is the establishment DNC, just offering a different brand than Joe.  She is also getting support from Obama behind closed doors, which is nothing to sneeze at. 

From Sander's fundraising numbers it looks like he gaining some steam again, although I don't think he has much of a chance to be the nominee.

What got me about the clip is how dismissive he is about "some African nation." 
Did you really look at the quote Dale provided? I don’t think so. Biden was saying it wasn’t African or Asian culture because he was putting the onus on Anglo common law culture. What other 18th century culture should he have been pointing to for exclusion, post Incan or maybe Ottoman? It’s easy to understand, and he said this in March, it was a story on CNN and elsewhere. This whole thing is a Reddit born incitement device. It’s created and disseminated to spread division. And Mooncult may be entertaining but absorb and cite it at your own risk, there’s some ugly stuff in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t doubt the left or anti-anti-Trump wing can be just as tempted as the right to use mis/disinformation because it has effect. That’s often where that set intersects with the alt right. 

Biden now denies he told Obama not to launch Bin Laden raid in 2011

DUBUQUE, Iowa -- Joe Biden is the only 2020 presidential candidate who was in the White House Situation Room as Navy SEALs descended on Usama bin Laden’s Pakistan compound in 2011.

But a critical detail in his story about that mission has changed in the last eight years.

During a brief exchange with Fox News on Friday, the former vice president was presented with a hypothetical situation similar to the one President Trump says he faced before ordering an airstrike to kill Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

“As commander in chief, if you were ever handed a piece of intelligence that said you could stop an imminent attack on Americans -- but you have to use an airstrike to take out a terrorist leader -- would you pull the trigger?” Fox News asked Biden.

“Well we did - the guy’s name was Usama bin Laden,” Biden replied.

“Didn’t you tell President Obama not to go after bin Laden that day?” Fox News followed up.

“No, I didn’t,” Biden said.

That’s not the story Biden told almost eight years ago during a retreat in Maryland for congressional Democrats, as he described a tense 2011 strategy session ahead of the raid.

“Mr. President, my suggestion is, don’t go -- we have to do two more things to see if he’s there,” Biden had said in January 2012 of the strategy session.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-denies-telling-obama-not-to-launch-bin-laden-raid

I don't want this point to get caught up in the current of Hunter talk.  But today Joe Biden told miners they can find new jobs and he is going to put them out of work. 

From the article.

These coal jobs are in the swing rust belt states.  WHY would Joe follow Hillary's lead on this one?
He will flip flop on this by June. Mark it down.

Great piece. I was telling some people in the other thread last week that when I was in Iowa last month there was zero enthusiasm for Biden. Much less than even in 2016 when I was there before the caucuses for Hillary. 

His slogan is “no malarkey”, but since Biden himself is a longtime spewer of malarkey, Trump will successfully paint Biden as a hypocrite. Biden’s central case is that he is “not Trump”, that he will return the country to virtuousness and decency. But if Biden doesn’t actually look virtuous and decent – because he isn’t – the argument that he has made for himself collapses completely.

Biden does have some strengths against Trump that Clinton did not. We mock his his rambling and tendency for “gaffes”, but these do mean he never sounds like a “scripted politician”. Clinton was criticized as robotic and focus-grouped. Biden is anything but focus-grouped; whatever pops into his head comes out his mouth.

At the same time, compared to Trump, Biden has:

No money

No voter enthusiasm

No organization

No agenda

No real argument for himself

Ask yourself: how likely is such a candidate to win? Is such a person really the one you want to run against Trump? Look at the enthusiasm Trump gets at his rallies. It is real. Trump has fans, and they’re highly motivated. How motivated are Biden’s “fans”? Is Biden going to fill stadiums? Are people going to crisscross the country knocking on doors for him? Say what you want about Clinton, but there were some truly committed Clinton fans, and she had a powerful base of support. By comparison, Biden looks weak, and Trump is savagely effective at preying on and destroying establishment politicians.

Is such a person really the one you want to run against Trump?
Yaknow, I read this stuff sometimes and I have to remind myself that Trump did worse than Romney, as he got 45% of the vote. 

But if Biden doesn’t actually look virtuous and decent – because he isn’t – the argument that he has made for himself collapses completely.
This is at least half Trump's campaign strategy, isn't that a fair statement?

Yaknow, I read this stuff sometimes and I have to remind myself that Trump did worse than Romney, as he got 45% of the vote. 

This is at least half Trump's campaign strategy, isn't that a fair statement?
Is there really a strategy needed here? I’m starting to become skeptical that Biden could last 2 weeks alone on the campaign trail after he wins the nomination without completely bottoming out. 

CEDAR RAPIDS -- A few of Joe Biden’s friends, including former Secretary of State John Kerry, are coming to Iowa to vouch for the 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful.

The “We Know Joe” tour, which will kick off Tuesday in Sioux City, will include Biden surrogates who represent the former vice president’s diverse national base of support and tell Iowans why he is uniquely positioned to beat Donald Trump and repair the damage he has done.
https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/kerry-to-lead-we-know-joe-tour-across-iowa-to/article_b711ce8f-0781-5ac0-b056-0227a3efad44.html

Hours before the invasion was launched, on March 19, 2003, Biden told CNN: “I support the president. I support the troops. We should make no distinction. … Let's get this war done.”

Not only did Biden avowedly support the war before it began, he furnished some of the key pro-war talking points that the Bush administration used to convince the country of the invasion’s legitimacy. The day of Colin Powell’s infamous speech at the United Nations Security Council – on Feb. 5, 2003 – Biden, then the ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, addressed reporters to praise Powell’s performance. “I think Secretary Powell made a very powerful, and I think irrefutable, case today,” Biden said. “… The evidence he produced confirms what I believe and I have known for some time now: Saddam Hussein continues to – he continues to attempt to maintain and garner additional weapons of mass destruction.”

“The case is overwhelming,” Biden said.

In that press conference, Biden predicted that the U.S. military will “‘initially be greeted in the region, and in Iraq, in a way that is close to being viewed as liberators” – the same formulation favored by **** Cheney, who infamously went on “Meet the Press” days before the invasion to proclaim his belief that American soldiers would be “greeted as liberators.” Biden also posited that there was “cooperation” between Iraq and al-Qaeda, warning of an “emerging pattern” from Saddam Hussein that “may throw him into the arms of who our most central and most serious enemy is now, a non-state actor called al-Qaeda. So he must be dealt with. He must be dealt with.”

Biden is lying about his record on the Iraq War.  He is such a bad candidate.  He will get pounded hard on this stuff and lose: https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1214659091261464576

Biden really needs to knock this stuff off.  Sniffing kids is weird and making them keep publicly acknowledged secrets is child molestation grooming 101.  Not saying that is what he is doing, but how he presents himself aligns with those techniques. 

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1213615495401725954
I don’t want Biden as the nominee but after all the accusations levied against Trump and the reactions of his supporters I find it pretty ironic you post this and the reactions you got.  “I’m not saying Trump is...”

Users who are viewing this thread