Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Maybe because Trump is currently the president of the United States?

That he is! And his #1 challenger gets a pass on the same issue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of us probably have more chairs set up for our fantasy football home leagues. :lmao:  

Olivia Nuzzi@OliviaNuzzi
Waiting for John Kerry on this snowy evening in Clinton, Iowa.

Lmao John Kerry begins his remarks by saying, “What a wonderful house! Is a ghost gonna come out here?”

https://twitter.com/olivianuzzi/status/1216138284432125952?s=21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Russian hackers have successfully penetrated servers of the Ukrainian gas company at the center of President Donald Trump's impeachment, the New York Times reported late Monday. Cybersecurity officials told the Times that Russian military hackers have breached Burisma in a campaign that started in November, as impeachment hearings were in full swing. Burisma is the company where former Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter, was a board member, and experts said the timing and target indicate the Russians may be trying to find potentially embarrassing material against the Bidens, the Times said. The attack reportedly bears striking similarities to the 2016 Russian hack into the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman. The Burisma hack was carried out by members of Russia's GRU, a military intelligence unit, the Times reported, who used phishing emails to gain access through Burisma subsidiaries. It it not clear what exactly the hackers might have been searching for, or what they discovered, the Times said.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/russian-hackers-penetrated-ukraines-burisma-likely-seeking-biden-material-report-2020-01-13?mod=mw_latestnews

 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

the eulogy for Biden's campaign

Just amazes me how many times people in this thread have predicted Biden’s collapse, and yet he’s never once fallen in the polls. In fact per Monmouth his numbers keep going up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Just amazes me how many times people in this thread have predicted Biden’s collapse, and yet he’s never once fallen in the polls. In fact per Monmouth his numbers keep going up. 

Doesn’t amaze anyone else.  We all see it coming a mile away.  Guy can’t even fill a gas station.  He can barely recall the cities he’s speaking in or the countries he’s talking about.  His record is garbage.  He’s running on the 2016 ‘not Trump’ special, even though he’s very trumplike in a lot of ways.  

But I appreciate you being around so that we’ve got at least one Biden supporter to argue with, tepid & lukewarm as it may be.   If the Dems must run a hollowedout shill establishment candidate, I hope it’s Biden- the comedic value will be off the charts.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Doesn’t amaze anyone else.  We all see it coming a mile away.  Guy can’t even fill a gas station.  He can barely recall the cities he’s speaking in or the countries he’s talking about.  His record is garbage.  He’s running on the 2016 ‘not Trump’ special, even though he’s very trumplike in a lot of ways.  

But I appreciate you being around so that we’ve got at least one Biden supporter to argue with, tepid & lukewarm as it may be.   If the Dems must run a hollowedout shill establishment candidate, I hope it’s Biden- the comedic value will be off the charts.  

Say it ain't so Creepy Joe.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight will be interesting. Bernie’s coming after him hard. Warren is coming after Bernie. Should be some fireworks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Biden's latest commercial is pretty brilliant.

Bernie's going to attack Biden's war record tonight, and a lot of his fans will love it, and you will hear both in here and elsewhere that Biden lost the debate. But he won't. I don't think Bernie can catch him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Bernie's going to attack Biden's war record tonight, and a lot of his fans will love it, and you will hear both in here and elsewhere that Biden lost the debate. But he won't. I don't think Bernie can catch him.

Good info.  Thx.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Biden Wants To Destroy Free Speech on Social Media

In an interview with the New York Times' editorial board, former Vice President Joe Biden made his most stringent call yet for cracking down on free speech on the internet.

After being asked by the Times about previous comments Biden has made regarding Facebook's refusal to remove negative ads targeting his campaign, the Democratic front-runner attacked both the social media platform and its CEO, Mark Zuckerberg.

"I've never been a fan of Facebook," Biden says. "I've never been a big Zuckerberg fan, I think he's a real problem."

Biden and Facebook have been feuding for months, as Reason has previously covered. In an October letter to Facebook, Biden's campaign called on the social media site to reject political ads containing "previously debunked content"—like a Trump campaign ad linking Biden and his son, Hunter, to corruption in Ukraine. Shortly afterwards, Zuckerberg said the company's policies were "grounded in Facebook's fundamental belief in free expression, respect for the democratic process, and the belief that, in mature democracies with a free press, political speech is already arguably the most scrutinized speech there is."

That hasn't sat well with Biden. In a CNN town hall event in November, Biden said he would be willing to rewrite the rules for all online platforms in order to force social media companies to "be more socially conscious."

In this week's interview with the Times, Biden has gone a step further. Now he's calling for revoking Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996—a snippet of federal law that's generally regarded as the internet's First Amendment, since it protects online platforms from being legally liable for content produced and posted by third parties.

"Section 230 should be revoked, immediately should be revoked, number one. For Zuckerberg and other platforms," says Biden.

When the Times' Charlie Warzel points out that Section 230 is "pretty foundational" to the modern internet, Biden takes his personal disagreement with Zuckerberg and blows it up into a policy that would destroy free speech for all internet users.

"That's right. Exactly right. And it should be revoked. It should be revoked because it is not merely an internet company. It is propagating falsehoods they know to be false, and we should be setting standards not unlike the Europeans are doing relative to privacy," Biden says. "You guys still have editors. I'm sitting with them. Not a joke. There is no editorial impact at all on Facebook. None. None whatsoever. It's irresponsible. It's totally irresponsible."

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ren hoek said:

In this week's interview with the Times, Biden has gone a step further. Now he's calling for revoking Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996—a snippet of federal law that's generally regarded as the internet's First Amendment, since it protects online platforms from being legally liable for content produced and posted by third parties.

"Section 230 should be revoked, immediately should be revoked, number one. For Zuckerberg and other platforms," says Biden.

When the Times' Charlie Warzel points out that Section 230 is "pretty foundational" to the modern internet, Biden takes his personal disagreement with Zuckerberg and blows it up into a policy that would destroy free speech for all internet users.

"That's right. Exactly right. And it should be revoked. It should be revoked because it is not merely an internet company. It is propagating falsehoods they know to be false, and we should be setting standards not unlike the Europeans are doing relative to privacy," Biden says. "You guys still have editors. I'm sitting with them. Not a joke. There is no editorial impact at all on Facebook. None. None whatsoever. It's irresponsible. It's totally irresponsible."

I just want to say I think you and I are probably of one mind on this. It’s awful. Iirc Sen Hawley also is for this, premise being oh hey the platforms are shaddowbanning RW sources so let’s regulate that. I just think that this issue is under appreciated even by millennials who should be all over this. This issue has concerned me for a while and I just hope that pro free speech liberals and conservatives alike continue to push back on it.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I just want to say I think you and I are probably of one mind on this. It’s awful. Iirc Sen Hawley also is for this, premise being oh hey the platforms are shaddowbanning RW sources so let’s regulate that. I just think that this issue is under appreciated even by millennials who should be all over this. This issue has concerned me for a while and I just hope that pro free speech liberals and conservatives alike continue to push back on it.

Both parties have been using moral panics as a foil for their authoritarian designs- 'terrorism,' 'fake news,' 'russian disinformation,' 'cybersecurity'- for a very long time now.  

It's especially aggravating that someone like Biden, who probably doesn't understand how to log onto a computer, would try to pass legislation that destroys free expression on the internet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ren hoek said:

Both parties have been using moral panics as a foil for their authoritarian designs- 'terrorism,' 'fake news,' 'russian disinformation,' 'cybersecurity'- for a very long time now.  

It's especially aggravating that someone like Biden, who probably doesn't understand how to log onto a computer, would try to pass legislation that destroys free expression on the internet.  

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I just want to say I think you and I are probably of one mind on this. It’s awful. Iirc Sen Hawley also is for this, premise being oh hey the platforms are shaddowbanning RW sources so let’s regulate that. I just think that this issue is under appreciated even by millennials who should be all over this. This issue has concerned me for a while and I just hope that pro free speech liberals and conservatives alike continue to push back on it.

I really don’t understand.  I generally support regulations on advertising and think we’ve done a decent job policing abuses in many industries.  What’s happening with political ads is abhorrent and a danger to our democracy.  I don’t see this as a free speech issue unless we’re making some slippery slope argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ren hoek said:

"Section 230 should be revoked, immediately should be revoked, number one. For Zuckerberg and other platforms," says Biden.

I don't think he has a full grasp of what he's talking about here. It's like that for him on many issues. Does he still say marijuana is a gateway drug? Out of touch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

I don't think he has a full grasp of what he's talking about here. It's like that for him on many issues. Does he still say marijuana is a gateway drug? Out of touch.

I wonder how this plays out as Biden is strongly opposed to legalizing marijuana.  Don’t the majority of Americans support making it legal.  Not sure where trump is on this, but he does leave the marijuana producers and states alone.  Seems like Trump wins on this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

I wonder how this plays out as Biden is strongly opposed to legalizing marijuana.  Don’t the majority of Americans support making it legal.  Not sure where trump is on this, but he does leave the marijuana producers and states alone.  Seems like Trump wins on this issue.

He’s said it should be “totally decriminalized”.  I wish he’d go further but at worst he’ll support the status quo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

I really don’t understand.  I generally support regulations on advertising and think we’ve done a decent job policing abuses in many industries.  What’s happening with political ads is abhorrent and a danger to our democracy.  I don’t see this as a free speech issue unless we’re making some slippery slope argument.

Because the regulation is not just limited to disinformation in advertising, it could potentially include any platformed speech and will be subject to according to who holds the presidency. It may be that Trumpists feel that Facebook can be punished for excluding white supremacists or even the very 'fake news' sites that come from abroad just as one example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Trump is a fascist who is bent on abusing the powers of his office in ways that should terrify all of us.  Also, we should give the government more power to regulate speech."

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy makes a lot of points about Biden that I find pretty agreeable- that he has no message beyond 'not Trump,' doesn't inspire people, struggles to raise money, that people won't organize for him, and that Trump will successfully paint him as a swamp creature, among other problems.  Strip away the pretentious veneer and Bernie support, and listen to what he's saying about Joe Biden.  Biden is an incredibly weak candidate, and he will lose to Trump.  

I know most others are unimpressed too, so I'm mostly preaching to the choir here, but I really don't understand how he's holding up as the "electable" "frontrunner" for the Dems at this stage.  Or why it seems like the DNC is ok with that.  The only explanation that makes sense to me is that it shores up victory for the megadonors, regardless of who wins.  

https://youtu.be/v3S4ttnR1sM

Also, from the comments: "I could beat Joe in a debate after Smoking Gorilla Glue #4" :lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

he has no message beyond 'not Trump’

I really like that message. And it will be enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ren hoek said:

This guy makes a lot of points about Biden that I find pretty agreeable- that he has no message beyond 'not Trump,' doesn't inspire people, struggles to raise money, that people won't organize for him, and that Trump will successfully paint him as a swamp creature, among other problems.  Strip away the pretentious veneer and Bernie support, and listen to what he's saying about Joe Biden.  Biden is an incredibly weak candidate, and he will lose to Trump.  

I know most others are unimpressed too, so I'm mostly preaching to the choir here, but I really don't understand how he's holding up as the "electable" "frontrunner" for the Dems at this stage.  Or why it seems like the DNC is ok with that.  The only explanation that makes sense to me is that it shores up victory for the megadonors, regardless of who wins.  

https://youtu.be/v3S4ttnR1sM

Also, from the comments: "I could beat Joe in a debate after Smoking Gorilla Glue #4" :lmao:

I’m sorry, I tried watching this guy for a minute and couldn’t strip away the pretentious veneer, despite the warning. It’s like reading a fantasy football article on yahoo and at the end it says “(authors name) is a writer for yahoo sports and has been playing fantasy football for four years.” 
 

Smoking weed doesn't turn you into Tommy Chong. You don’t talk real slow and say grooooooovy all the time. I bet a lot of pot smokers could debate our politicians and hold their own, which really just says more about our politicians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I’m sorry, I tried watching this guy for a minute and couldn’t strip away the pretentious veneer, despite the warning. It’s like reading a fantasy football article on yahoo and at the end it says “(authors name) is a writer for yahoo sports and has been playing fantasy football for four years.” 
 

Smoking weed doesn't turn you into Tommy Chong. You don’t talk real slow and say grooooooovy all the time. I bet a lot of pot smokers could debate our politicians and hold their own, which really just says more about our politicians. 

That’s fair.  I think Robinson kind of revels in it in an ironic way, and he’s really bright and well-written actually, but I get it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, timschochet said:

I really like that message. And it will be enough. 

Anyone that thinks that is enough to win is delusional.   Worst strategy ever that has zero chance of winning.  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Anyone that thinks that is enough to win is delusional.   Worst strategy ever that has zero chance of winning.  

Well we disagree. Polling suggests I’m right, though that could change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie apologizes to Biden for one of his supporters calling Biden corrupt; says he knew nothing about it: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479084-sanders-apologizes-to-biden-for-supporters-op-ed%3famp

So typical: Bernie’s people do the dirty work and he stays above it all. Here we go again with this crap. Hillary slammed Bernie in an interview today. Said “nobody likes him.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Bernie apologizes to Biden for one of his supporters calling Biden corrupt; says he knew nothing about it: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479084-sanders-apologizes-to-biden-for-supporters-op-ed%3famp

So typical: Bernie’s people do the dirty work and he stays above it all. Here we go again with this crap. Hillary slammed Bernie in an interview today. Said “nobody likes him.” 

Corporate elites attacking Bernie.   Go figure.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

Corporate elites attacking Bernie.   Go figure.   

I wish I was a corporate elite. 

Bernie deserves to be attacked. If he wins the nomination he will cause Trump to be re-elected. If he loses the nomination there’s no guarantee his supporters will back the nominee, which means Trump will be re-elected. He’s a spoiler and at this point it’s hard to see positives about his campaign. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, timschochet said:

I really like that message. And it will be enough. 

Totally agree. A brilliant strategy. The best I’ve heard. The cats meow.  Biden land slide incoming.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I wish I was a corporate elite. 

Bernie deserves to be attacked. If he wins the nomination he will cause Trump to be re-elected. If he loses the nomination there’s no guarantee his supporters will back the nominee, which means Trump will be re-elected. He’s a spoiler and at this point it’s hard to see positives about his campaign. 

That's why they staged that stunt last week with Warren.   Try and discredit Bernie now before he gets any momentum like last time.  And then have plenty of time to pander to his base.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Bernie deserves to be attacked. If he wins the nomination he will cause Trump to be re-elected. If he loses the nomination there’s no guarantee his supporters will back the nominee, which means Trump will be re-elected. He’s a spoiler and at this point it’s hard to see positives about his campaign. 

Calling someone a spoiler before the games have even started makes no sense.  In my view Bernie is as likely or possibly more likely to beat Trump than Biden or Bloomberg.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Bernie apologizes to Biden for one of his supporters calling Biden corrupt; says he knew nothing about it: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479084-sanders-apologizes-to-biden-for-supporters-op-ed%3famp

So typical: Bernie’s people do the dirty work and he stays above it all. Here we go again with this crap. Hillary slammed Bernie in an interview today. Said “nobody likes him.” 

Zephyr Teachout is nuts (corporate donations does not = corruption), it’s easily rectified by not having Teachout appear at campaign events anymore, and an apology is better than none.

>>His statement follows a Sanders campaign press release that circulated the op-ed to supporters and members of the media, with the heading of the press release reading "Joe Biden has a big corruption problem."<<

- But that’s a problem.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

That's why they staged that stunt last week with Warren.   Try and discredit Bernie now before he gets any momentum like last time.  And then have plenty of time to pander to his base.  

Yep, and Hillary is out this morning saying Bernie and his crew relentlessly attack women rivals more than men. There is about to be a monster fracture in Democrat Party, again. :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Calling someone a spoiler before the games have even started makes no sense.  In my view Bernie is as likely or possibly more likely to beat Trump than Biden or Bloomberg.

I know. I think you’re wrong. But if Bernie wins the nomination I will certainly hope you’re right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

I know. I think you’re wrong. But if Bernie wins the nomination I will certainly hope you’re right. 

Sure, but do you understand how your post was obnoxious to people that see the "electability" question different from you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice how the cries of ‘sowing division’ and ‘unity’ vanish when it’s Sanders who is being trashed by leading Democrats.  Even after apologizing to Biden for 100% correct piece that explains how he is corrupt.  But if everyone didn’t put up or shut up with Clinton in 2016 they were Trump supporters and Russian bots.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Sure, but do you understand how your post was obnoxious to people that see the "electability" question different from you? 

Sure. But I wouldn’t have written it if I didn’t believe it and didn’t think it’s important to write. It’s going to be obnoxious to some. But it’s what I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Teachout piece that correctly calls out Biden’s corruption problems, how he’s 100% bought by financial/pharmaceutical/insurance lobbies and would absolutely get rolled by Trump: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/20/joe-biden-corruption-donald-trump

It’s total cowardice that Sanders would throw her under the bus for this.  She’s right!


Democrats are trying to choose a candidate to beat Donald Trump, the most corrupt president in history. Some think nominating Joe Biden, a moderate white man who calls himself “Middle Class” Joe, makes sense.

But Biden has a big corruption problem and it makes him a weak candidate. I know it seems crazy, but a lot of the voters we need – independents and people who might stay home – will look at Biden and Trump and say: “They’re all dirty.”

It looks like “Middle Class” Joe has perfected the art of taking big contributions, then representing his corporate donors at the cost of middle- and working-class Americans. Converting campaign contributions into legislative favors and policy positions isn’t being “moderate”. It is the kind of transactional politics Americans have come to loathe.

There are three clear examples.

First, Biden’s support for finance over working-class Americans. His career was bankrolled by the credit card industry. He delivered for it by spearheading a bankruptcy bill that made it harder for Americans to reduce their debts and helped cause the financial crisis. He not only authored and voted for that bill, he split with Barack Obama and led the battle to vote down Democratic amendments.

His explanations for carrying water for the credit card industry have changed over time. They have never rung true.

The simplest explanation is the most likely: he did it for his donors. At a fundraiser last year, Biden promised his Wall Street donors that “nothing would fundamentally change” for them if he became president. Now the financial world is raising huge money for his campaign. It clearly thinks he’s going to be its friend if elected. Most Americans, who get ripped off by the financial sector on a daily basis, aren’t looking for a candidate who has made their life harder.

Second, healthcare. On 25 April, the day he announced his campaign, Biden went straight to a fundraiser co-hosted by the chief executive of a major health insurance corporation. He refuses to sign a pledge to reject money from insurance and pharma execs and continues to raise money from healthcare industry donors. His campaign is being bankrolled by a super Pac run by healthcare lobbyists.

What did all these donors get? A healthcare proposal that preserves the power of the insurance industry and leaves 10 million Americans uninsured.

Third, climate change. Biden signed a pledge not to take money from the fossil fuel industry, then broke his promise. Right after a CNN town hall on climate change, he held a fundraiser hosted by the founder of a fossil fuel conglomerate. He is pushing climate policy that has gotten dismal reviews from several leading environmental groups.

There are plenty of other examples that raise questions, like housing and social security. Big real estate moguls are playing a major role in Biden’s campaign. Unlike his rivals, he has no comprehensive housing plan. When he pushed for cuts to Social Security, was he serving donors or his constituents?

I can already hear the howls: But look at Trump! Trump is 1,000 times worse!

You don’t need to convince me. I have spent my life writing about and fighting against corruption, and in America I have never seen anything like the current administration. In the last three years, I have made combatting Trump’s corruption the heart of my work.

I was on the first lawsuit against him for corrupt constitutional violations and I ran for attorney general in New York on a platform of pointing out just how dangerous he is, and how important unused state laws are to stopping him. My work on corruption was cited in the House judiciary committee’s report on impeachment.

But here’s the thing: nominating a candidate like Biden will make it far more difficult to defeat Trump. It will allow Trump to muddy the water, to once again pretend he is the one “draining the swamp”, running against Washington culture. Trump and the Cambridge Analytica of 2020 will campaign, as they did in 2016, on a message of radical nihilism: everybody lies, everybody is corrupt, nothing matters, there is no truth.

Corrupt politicians always use whataboutism. With Biden, we are basically handing Trump a whataboutism playbook. The comparison won’t be fair, but if you think he won’t use Biden’s closeness to donors as a cudgel to try to keep people home, you haven’t been paying attention. Unlike Democrats, who must give voters a reason to come out, Trump doesn’t need voters to love him. He just needs to convince people the whole game is ugly.

Whether or not Biden is making choices to please donors, there is no doubt his record represents the transactional, grossly corrupt culture in Washington that long precedes Trump. We cannot allow Trump to so lower our standards that we aren’t even allowed to call out that culture, which has not only stymied progress but also harmed the Democratic party.

The good news is that we still have time to break with this culture of corruption. We don’t have to choose Biden’s way, which would give Trump a perfect foil. The 2020 election should be about a crystal clear contrast between truth and lies, corruption and integrity, compassion and cruelty.

We have a rare opportunity to end a larger culture of corruption and we should take it – we will regret it if we don’t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Bernie apologizes to Biden for one of his supporters calling Biden corrupt; says he knew nothing about it: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479084-sanders-apologizes-to-biden-for-supporters-op-ed%3famp

So typical: Bernie’s people do the dirty work and he stays above it all. Here we go again with this crap. Hillary slammed Bernie in an interview today. Said “nobody likes him.” 

Do you have evidence that Sanders directed or encouraged the writing of this op-es?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

Notice how the cries of ‘sowing division’ and ‘unity’ vanish when it’s Sanders who is being trashed by leading Democrats.  Even after apologizing to Biden for 100% correct piece that explains how he is corrupt.  But if everyone didn’t put up or shut up with Clinton in 2016 they were Trump supporters and Russian bots.  

Exactly.   What a corrupt party.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, timschochet said:

Bernie apologizes to Biden for one of his supporters calling Biden corrupt; says he knew nothing about it: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479084-sanders-apologizes-to-biden-for-supporters-op-ed%3famp

So typical: Bernie’s people do the dirty work and he stays above it all. Here we go again with this crap. Hillary slammed Bernie in an interview today. Said “nobody likes him.” 

That's comical coming from her. Corrupt ex-politician sticking up for another corrupt politician, and somehow the problem is calling attention to the corruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Here is the Teachout piece that correctly calls out Biden’s corruption problems, how he’s 100% bought by financial/pharmaceutical/insurance lobbies and would absolutely get rolled by Trump: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/20/joe-biden-corruption-donald-trump

It’s total cowardice that Sanders would throw her under the bus for this.  She’s right!

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Democrats are trying to choose a candidate to beat Donald Trump, the most corrupt president in history. Some think nominating Joe Biden, a moderate white man who calls himself “Middle Class” Joe, makes sense.

But Biden has a big corruption problem and it makes him a weak candidate. I know it seems crazy, but a lot of the voters we need – independents and people who might stay home – will look at Biden and Trump and say: “They’re all dirty.”

It looks like “Middle Class” Joe has perfected the art of taking big contributions, then representing his corporate donors at the cost of middle- and working-class Americans. Converting campaign contributions into legislative favors and policy positions isn’t being “moderate”. It is the kind of transactional politics Americans have come to loathe.

There are three clear examples.

First, Biden’s support for finance over working-class Americans. His career was bankrolled by the credit card industry. He delivered for it by spearheading a bankruptcy bill that made it harder for Americans to reduce their debts and helped cause the financial crisis. He not only authored and voted for that bill, he split with Barack Obama and led the battle to vote down Democratic amendments.

His explanations for carrying water for the credit card industry have changed over time. They have never rung true.

The simplest explanation is the most likely: he did it for his donors. At a fundraiser last year, Biden promised his Wall Street donors that “nothing would fundamentally change” for them if he became president. Now the financial world is raising huge money for his campaign. It clearly thinks he’s going to be its friend if elected. Most Americans, who get ripped off by the financial sector on a daily basis, aren’t looking for a candidate who has made their life harder.

Second, healthcare. On 25 April, the day he announced his campaign, Biden went straight to a fundraiser co-hosted by the chief executive of a major health insurance corporation. He refuses to sign a pledge to reject money from insurance and pharma execs and continues to raise money from healthcare industry donors. His campaign is being bankrolled by a super Pac run by healthcare lobbyists.

What did all these donors get? A healthcare proposal that preserves the power of the insurance industry and leaves 10 million Americans uninsured.

Third, climate change. Biden signed a pledge not to take money from the fossil fuel industry, then broke his promise. Right after a CNN town hall on climate change, he held a fundraiser hosted by the founder of a fossil fuel conglomerate. He is pushing climate policy that has gotten dismal reviews from several leading environmental groups.

There are plenty of other examples that raise questions, like housing and social security. Big real estate moguls are playing a major role in Biden’s campaign. Unlike his rivals, he has no comprehensive housing plan. When he pushed for cuts to Social Security, was he serving donors or his constituents?

I can already hear the howls: But look at Trump! Trump is 1,000 times worse!

You don’t need to convince me. I have spent my life writing about and fighting against corruption, and in America I have never seen anything like the current administration. In the last three years, I have made combatting Trump’s corruption the heart of my work.

I was on the first lawsuit against him for corrupt constitutional violations and I ran for attorney general in New York on a platform of pointing out just how dangerous he is, and how important unused state laws are to stopping him. My work on corruption was cited in the House judiciary committee’s report on impeachment.

But here’s the thing: nominating a candidate like Biden will make it far more difficult to defeat Trump. It will allow Trump to muddy the water, to once again pretend he is the one “draining the swamp”, running against Washington culture. Trump and the Cambridge Analytica of 2020 will campaign, as they did in 2016, on a message of radical nihilism: everybody lies, everybody is corrupt, nothing matters, there is no truth.

Corrupt politicians always use whataboutism. With Biden, we are basically handing Trump a whataboutism playbook. The comparison won’t be fair, but if you think he won’t use Biden’s closeness to donors as a cudgel to try to keep people home, you haven’t been paying attention. Unlike Democrats, who must give voters a reason to come out, Trump doesn’t need voters to love him. He just needs to convince people the whole game is ugly.

Whether or not Biden is making choices to please donors, there is no doubt his record represents the transactional, grossly corrupt culture in Washington that long precedes Trump. We cannot allow Trump to so lower our standards that we aren’t even allowed to call out that culture, which has not only stymied progress but also harmed the Democratic party.

The good news is that we still have time to break with this culture of corruption. We don’t have to choose Biden’s way, which would give Trump a perfect foil. The 2020 election should be about a crystal clear contrast between truth and lies, corruption and integrity, compassion and cruelty.

We have a rare opportunity to end a larger culture of corruption and we should take it – we will regret it if we don’t.

 

My two theories for why Bernie would throw his own person under the bus for properly cataloging Biden’s corruption-

1. Bernie knows that he is probably going to win the nomination. He doesn’t want to make the moderate Tim’s of the world bitter and resentful towards him for taking out Biden. After all he needs their votes.

2. He really isn’t trying to win the nomination and doesn’t want to fight back just like in 2016.  Although Hillary and the DNC robbed him last time, he didn’t do a thing to stop it while it was happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Joe Biden told a CBS reporter to "calm down" after he asked the former vice president why he had attacked Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a top rival of Biden's for the Democratic presidential nomination. 

"Yesterday, you said you accepted Bernie's apology, now you're attacking him," said Ed O'Keefe, the veteran reporter covering the 2020 presidential campaign for the network. "Why are you doing that? Why wasn't his apology enough, Mr. Vice President? Why attack Sanders?"

After the last question, Biden, who had been ready to leave the press area, turned back to O'Keefe with a wide-eyed expression and walked back toward him. 

"Why, why, why, why, why, why, why?" Biden said, waving his hands toward O'Keefe and bending toward him slightly.

"You're getting nervous, man. Calm down, it's OK!" Biden said, putting his hands gently on O'Keefe's shoulder. 

"He apologized for saying I was corrupt, he didn't say anything about whether or not I was telling the truth about Social Security," Biden then states, as O'Keefe recorded the conversation. 

Biden proceeded to give the reporter a soft tap with his fist before leaving the area.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/479432-biden-to-cbs-reporter-why-why-why-why-why

 

Classic Joe.  This guy is the Dem front runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7913189/Hunter-Biden-ordered-Arkansas-court-week.html

Hunter Biden has been ordered to show up at court in Arkansas where he'll have to show why he shouldn't be held in contempt for not turning over his financial records, according to newly filed court papers obtained by DailyMail.com. 

Judge Holly Meyer ordered the businessman on Tuesday to show his face in the Independence County court room next Wednesday at 9.30am, or face being held in contempt of court.

Biden, 49, has been fighting against traveling to Arkansas from LA for the past few weeks, claiming he has had too short of notice to make the trip. He is being sued by his baby mama Lunden Roberts for child support for their 17-month-old child. 

Roberts, 28, who met Biden while working as a stripper in Washington D.C., has repeatedly demanded that her former lover turn over the past five years of his financial records to establish how much he should cough up for their child.

But Biden has allegedly only turned over some of the information and Judge Meyer wants him to appear in court and explain himself. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.