Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

7 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Oh boy.  That's not good.  That's not good AT ALL.

9 minutes ago, The General said:

You are correct it’s a Tyrone Power movie from the 50’s whoever the hell that is. Apparently Biden thinks it’s John Wayne. It’s some strange reference he has made in the past. 

That he’s using this old ### reference is far more relevant than that it who it was said to.

JFC. :lmao:. A movie Biden has never seen?  Where do you get your information from?  

Try To Hell and Back based on the best selling autobiography by Audie Murphy.  

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

JFC. :lmao:. A movie Biden has never seen?  Where do you get your information from?  

Try To Hell and Back based on the best selling autobiography by Audie Murphy.  

I get it from Biden. He said this before about a political opponent of Heidi Heitkamp while campaigning for her. 

1 hour ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Trump dishes out a lot of insults and cheap shots to his political opponents, but I honestly don't recall him ever saying all the crazy stuff Biden says to people at his own rallies.

Exactly.  It’s like his strategy is to personally insult every voter, individually.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

John Wayne was a complex character. He held openly racist views. He contributed to the persecution of innocent people during the McCarthy era. 

He was also a kind and loving man, not only to his own family but to friends and even strangers, of all races . Unlike Trump, everybody that knew Wayne considered him a good human being and a stand up guy. He was also incredibly generous. We have Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach largely to to Wayne, and he personally paid for leukemia treatments for children at Children’s Hospital of Orange County; I personally know a family who was facing bankruptcy in 1972 because of their 6 year old kid when Wayne, whom they did not know, stepped in and covered all costs. Not through a charity; he wrote the check himself. 

People are inconsistent. They don’t make sense. He was certainly a bigot; he was also a good man. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, krista4 said:

Exactly.  It’s like his strategy is to personally insult every voter, individually.

Anxiously awaiting my turn.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Trump dishes out a lot of insults and cheap shots to his political opponents, but I honestly don't recall him ever saying all the crazy stuff Biden says to people at his own rallies.

That’s because Trump doesn’t interact with people on an individual basis.

3 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Anxiously awaiting my turn.

Needs to be old-timey phrase with an outdated reference, needs to be said at an unusual time or out of context so leaves you more confused than angry.

Have some yell this to you on Friday afternoon as you are walking out of the bathroom heading for the door and about to go home: "Have good weekend you Mumblecrusted Fopdoodle"

• Laughing 1

23 minutes ago, The General said:

Needs to be old-timey phrase with an outdated reference, needs to be said at an unusual time or out of context so leaves you more confused than angry.

Have some yell this to you on Friday afternoon as you are walking out of the bathroom heading for the door and about to go home: "Have good weekend you Mumblecrusted Fopdoodle"

I like it.  I might prefer something shorter and in a  tribute to Jethro Tull's Aqualung and have them go simply with "Sot".   "Don't pick any dog ends this weekend you poor old Sot".

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

This might be worse than the Pete high hopes video 🤦‍♂️

That's the single most cringe moment I've seen this entire election cycle. I'm embarrassed for everyone in that clip.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

This might be worse than the Pete high hopes video 🤦‍♂️

Good natured folks having fun...too easy to mock, not worth it.  Internet can be brutal...just glad I came of age when it was unlikely my antics weren't captured on tape, uploaded instantly, and then the subject for fodder for millions of folks hungry to react.

28 minutes ago, adonis said:

Good natured folks having fun...too easy to mock, not worth it.  Internet can be brutal...just glad I came of age when it was unlikely my antics weren't captured on tape, uploaded instantly, and then the subject for fodder for millions of folks hungry to react.

I'm glad I came of age when we could laugh at things that were corny

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

That’s because Trump doesn’t interact with people on an individual basis.

You're really not paying attention.

• Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Has Biden dropped out yet?

If Biden finishes below the top 3 and is closer to 5th (or even 5th) in NH, I don't think he drops out immediately, but I think there is a growing possibility that new polls from Nevada (where he is already expected to not do well) and South Carolina could lead to him dropping out vs. getting embarrassed in his strong hold of SC. This could end up being unlikely, but I think there's a repeat lesson that candidates need to compete in Iowa/NH unless, of course, you have an endless sum of money to compete like Bloomberg.

12 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

If Biden finishes below the top 3 and is closer to 5th (or even 5th) in NH, I don't think he drops out immediately, but I think there is a growing possibility that new polls from Nevada (where he is already expected to not do well) and South Carolina could lead to him dropping out vs. getting embarrassed in his strong hold of SC. This could end up being unlikely, but I think there's a repeat lesson that candidates need to compete in Iowa/NH unless, of course, you have an endless sum of money to compete like Bloomberg.

He won't drop out, IMO until after South Carolina, and only if he doesn't come in first there.

I feel bad for Joe. He's a good man. He'd be a fine President. He's just not great at this whole campaigning thing. Disappointing.

5 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Who does Joe endorse when he drops out?

Whichever centrist remains. Klobuchar, Bloomberg, or Buttigieg.

Do yourself a favor and send a tweet to @BidenInsultBot (created by the Daily Show.) 

Here's what I got:

Leave the sleeve, ya poopdeckin' zozzle monster

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Who does Joe endorse when he drops out?

Looks like the Hillary/Obama people are migrating to Buttigieg.  

How mad is Biden at Obama right now? Joe was a loyal lap dog for 8 years and all he gets in return is silence. 

The woman, Madison Moore, a 21-year-old economics student at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia, said she didn’t take the remark as a “joke,” saying those who dismissed it as such is “kind of insulting.”

“It was kind of humiliating to be called a liar on national TV by the former vice president,” Moore said, The Daily Mail reported. “Instead of answering that question straightforward, his immediate response was to attempt to invalidate me by exposing my inexperience.”

“He has been performing extremely poorly in this race and the fact that he couldn’t just straight answer my question without bullying or intimidating just exacerbates that fact,” Moore said. “I am 21-year old college student, like what the hell do I know? Who cares who I am or my experience, just answer the damn question.”

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

He won't drop out, IMO until after South Carolina, and only if he doesn't come in first there.

I feel bad for Joe. He's a good man. He'd be a fine President. He's just not great at this whole campaigning thing. Disappointing.

He’s an ok man.  He was willing to pair up with a well known white supremacist years ago.  That hasn’t aged well.  He sniffs the hair of women he’s never met before, and he bullies anyone at a campaign stop who remotely criticizes him.  A good man wouldn’t do any of those things.

I don’t see anything in his track record to suggest that he would be “a fine President.”  He wouldn’t be a train wreck like Trump.  That’s the best I can say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

You're really not paying attention.

You think Trump would take a question at a rally that starts with you really sucked last week why should I support you now :lol: 

He’d have a meltdown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

You are probably right. I'd leave open the possibility if a 4th or 5th place finish in NH/NV give his campaign a likely outcome of SC.

2 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden, but come on, that was a great line.

It was original. As fresh a line as I’d expect from the guy who rides around on the “No Malarkey Express”.

56 minutes ago, Max Power said:

“He has been performing extremely poorly in this race and the fact that he couldn’t just straight answer my question without bullying or intimidating just exacerbates that fact,” Moore said. “I am 21-year old college student, like what the hell do I know? Who cares who I am or my experience, just answer the damn question.”

She's a 21-year-old college student in Georgia who's previously participated in a caucus?

Posted this in the Klobuchar thread....Biden supporters start heading for the life boats

Clay Aiken on 2020 primary: Why I'm changing my vote from Joe Biden to Amy Klobuchar

It was difficult for me to move my support from Joe Biden. But Amy Klobuchar is simply a better candidate for the 2020 race against Donald Trump.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/02/10/clay-aiken-biden-klobuchar-2020-democratic-primary-column/4714103002/

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

The woman, Madison Moore, a 21-year-old economics student at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia, said she didn’t take the remark as a “joke,” saying those who dismissed it as such is “kind of insulting.”

“It was kind of humiliating to be called a liar on national TV by the former vice president,” Moore said, The Daily Mail reported. “Instead of answering that question straightforward, his immediate response was to attempt to invalidate me by exposing my inexperience.”

No shtick this is pretty sad. I don’t know if any of you guys have been to a similar event, but when I lived in iowa in the past I went to several. Especially for a higher profile candidate like Biden, they have tons of cameras/media and it’s pretty intimidating to start with. For her to come away feeling like this is pretty dirty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The General said:

You think Trump would take a question at a rally that starts with you really sucked last week why should I support you now :lol: 

He’d have a meltdown. 

The claim was Trump never engages with people one on one which is clearly untrue.

But yeah, point taken,  if there's one thing that Trump has never faced it's criticism and ridicule.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

11 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:
20 hours ago, krista4 said:

Anxiously awaiting my turn

Me too. Even bad attention is at least attention. 

3 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

How mad is Biden at Obama right now? Joe was a loyal lap dog for 8 years and all he gets in return is silence. 

I did find this surprising a couple months ago, but now I think there is probably a reason.  

4 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Obama's endorsement is their ace in the hole right now, they're smart to not play it yet

11 hours ago, KiddLattimer said:

Obama's endorsement is their ace in the hole right now, they're smart to not play it yet

Biden won't get Obama's endorsement.

IMO

10 minutes ago, identikit said:

IMO

Sorry I mean it's the DNC ace in the hole, not Biden's.

Obama endorsement might be enough to put whatever moderate candidate emerges up over Sanders

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, identikit said:

IMO

I don’t understand why people keep talking about this. 

It would be absolutely EXTRAORDINARY for Obama to endorse anyone prior to the nomination being decided. It’s not done. To do so would damage Obama’s reputation and the Democratic Party as well. 

Bloomberg vs Sanders vs Buttgieg, so this is what it's coming down to?  That's pretty bad.  The Dems will steal it away from Sanders, so that leaves Bloomberg vs Buttgieg. Wow.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Bloomberg vs Sanders vs Buttgieg, so this is what it's coming down to?  That's pretty bad.  The Dems will steal it away from Sanders, so that leaves Bloomberg vs Buttgieg. Wow.

Both are good candidates compared to what we have today.

2 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Both are good candidates compared to what we have today.

He's done.  He was a great candidate until he had to talk.

Edited by JohnnyU

24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

This is just completely wrong. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

He's done.  He was a great candidate until he had to talk.

Oddly, the inability to speak doesn't seem to hurt POTUS.  Its interesting watching some of the Trump supporter criticism of Biden...its typically for things Trump himself struggles with.

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Oddly, the inability to speak doesn't seem to hurt POTUS.  Its interesting watching some of the Trump supporter criticism of Biden...its typically for things Trump himself struggles with.

He said what we wanted to hear.  Biden, not so much.

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This is just completely wrong. 

So, you don't think the Dems will try and steal it away from Bernie?  They know he can't win in November.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

He said what we wanted to hear.  Biden, not so much.

Umm...yeah, the stuff he said and says was pretty awful.  Similar to Biden.  its just funny that the flubs get criticized so much by people who defend the same things out of Trump.

Also...I am not a Biden fan at all...so don't take this as me defending him and his own flubs...they are one of the many reasons I don't support him in this primary process.

34 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The chances Trump has seen a movie in the last 40 years that doesn’t include him in it are slim to nil. 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Laughing 1