What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (1 Viewer)

He's done.  He was a great candidate until he had to talk.
Oddly, the inability to speak doesn't seem to hurt POTUS.  Its interesting watching some of the Trump supporter criticism of Biden...its typically for things Trump himself struggles with.

Oddly, the inability to speak doesn't seem to hurt POTUS.  Its interesting watching some of the Trump supporter criticism of Biden...its typically for things Trump himself struggles with.
He said what we wanted to hear.  Biden, not so much.

He said what we wanted to hear.  Biden, not so much.
Umm...yeah, the stuff he said and says was pretty awful.  Similar to Biden.  its just funny that the flubs get criticized so much by people who defend the same things out of Trump.

Also...I am not a Biden fan at all...so don't take this as me defending him and his own flubs...they are one of the many reasons I don't support him in this primary process.

The chances Trump has seen a movie in the last 40 years that doesn’t include him in it are slim to nil. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will find out Biden was never fully committed to being President. He’s running to get Trump out of the White House and thought that he was the best person to do it. He’ll exit quickly when it’s clear that someone else can beat Trump or he no longer has a path to victory. SC is his last stand, I don’t see him sticking around without a convincing performance.

I don’t understand why people keep talking about this. 

It would be absolutely EXTRAORDINARY for Obama to endorse anyone prior to the nomination being decided. It’s not done. To do so would damage Obama’s reputation and the Democratic Party as well. 
Except that Obama is supporting just about everyone but Biden. 

While Joe Biden may have avoided the embarrassment of staying in the Granite State Tuesday only to come in fifth place in a contest he repeatedly said he’d be victorious in, his campaign event in South Carolina didn’t go over much better.

The event was full of gaffes that don’t do much to convince voters that he’s the best Democrat for the job. Zach Parkinson, Deputy Director of Communications for President Trump’s reelection campaign, highlighted four examples.

1. He told the crowd that he and President Obama defeated an incumbent, which is simply not true.

"All those Democrats who won against incumbents, from Jimmy Carter to a guy named Clinton to a guy named Obama, my good friend -- guess what, they had overwhelming African American support," Biden said. 

2. He mistakenly said that the primary he just lost was Nevada's, but that state won't hold its caucuses until Feb. 22. 

3. Biden almost got his campaign's text number wrong, which was visible to him just about anywhere he would've looked around. 

4 Talked about how much he loves South Carolina's low country, even though he was in Columbia, which is even by a generous definition, not a part of it 

Despite his loss on Tuesday, Biden remained optimistic, calling Iowa and New Hampshire the "opening bell, not the closing bell." He also suggested his strength would be in attracting support from minority voters.

"You can't be the Democratic nominee and you can't win a general election as a Democrat unless you have overwhelming support from black and brown voters," he said.

But CNN's Van Jones took issue with that strategy.

“Listen, he’s doing this rope a-dope strategy, ‘I’m just going to get pounded in Iowa, I’m going to get pounded in New Hampshire and I’m going to come back based on black people kind of lifting me over this sort of … all these deficits,'” Jones said.

“And maybe it’ll work for him but it’s a very odd strategy, it’s a very weird strategy and I don’t know if he knows that African-Americans are watching TV at night and see you can’t get white votes.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/02/12/bidens-bumbling-night-in-south-carolina-n2561192
Can I still call him the Frontrunner or has that ship sailed?

NH voters must hate Biden. First he leaves town without thanking the troops and then in SC says NH isn’t important and plays the race card.

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has repeatedly touted his support from black voters as a sign of his electability in the general election, but he reportedly caused frustration during a meeting last year when he said black "parents can't read."

Biden's remarks, which were first reported byThe New York Times on Thursday, came during a private gathering with prominent black mayors from Georgia. Three people with direct knowledge of the meeting confirmed the account to the newspaper, noting that Biden had said that black communities face a problem because "parents can't read or write themselves." Many of the attendees were reportedly "shocked" and "frustrated" by the former vice president's comment.

https://www.newsweek.com/private-meeting-joe-biden-said-part-education-problem-black-communities-that-parents-cant-1487177?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8004689/Left-wing-protesters-ambush-Joe-Biden-COFFIN-chant-drop-Joe.html

Left-wing protesters have ambushed a Joe Biden Wall Street fundraiser with a coffin for his campaign and chants of 'drop out Joe.'

Following dismal results in Iowa and New Hampshire, Biden was attacked by the New York Communities for Change organization as he left the bash in Manhattan on Thursday night.

'Things are looking pretty grim,' said one of the protesters as he gave a mock eulogy, 'The campaign is pretty much done. The people have spoken. Young people have spoken.'

Biden was in midtown hoping to drum up around $1million from 250 big donors but was heckled on his way out with chants of, 'Skip Nevada! Skip South Carolina! Go home early!' 
:lmao:   It's time to drop out Joe.  

Not ready to do my official slam dunk on Biden just yet, I mean he is really Holding Serve here and who knows what his loyal black FireWall will bring.  But in the meantime I just want to say I appreciate Tim for fighting the good fight, and never adjusting his information sources regardless of how many times they get it wrong.  I swear he'd make a great CNN analyst.  

Not ready to do my official slam dunk on Biden just yet, I mean he is really Holding Serve here and who knows what his loyal black FireWall will bring.  But in the meantime I just want to say I appreciate Tim for fighting the good fight, and never adjusting his information sources regardless of how many times they get it wrong.  I swear he'd make a great CNN analyst.  
Maybe MSNBC. Not any more room on the CNN panels.

Exactly why is Joe Biden still running at this point?

Most Democrats who were backing him were doing so because they thought he was the more “electable” one than, say, someone like Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). But he’s never won a primary in the three times he’s run for president so how electable is that?

On top of that, he doesn’t seem to know where he is most of the time and all he does is string together things that sound like leftist platitudes.

So here’s chapter number 1,605 on “Joe Biden doesn’t know where he is today.”

"Here in California" – Joe Biden, while in Nevada pic.twitter.com/77zMaSWynG

— Abigail Marone (Text WOKE to 88022) (@abigailmarone) February 16, 2020

If you thought that was bad, then there’s this. I don’t even know how to describe it.

Joe Biden: "I had met Sully and his wife at an event in Los Angeles back in the spring, late fall early – I mean late spring, late winter early fall, early – anyway you know what I mean. Back in California." pic.twitter.com/7zER0WLp2U

— Tommy Pigott (@TCPigott) February 15, 2020

What’s sad, is that people laugh as though he’s made a joke. But it’s not a joke. He literally has no idea when he met Capt. Sullenberger.

Really, people have said this before, but it’s elder abuse to keep putting him out there.

But as our friends at Twitchy have noted, his not knowing what state he’s in isn’t even the craziest part of what he was talking about in the first video.

He really thinks that solar energy is going to be able to power a port?

Has he ever seen a port? Where are you going to put all of the solar panels? There aren’t just acres and acres of space around major U.S. ports to do this. Does he have any clue what he just proposed? Does he even care? At this point he’s just shouting out lib buzzwords and hoping nobody calls him on it:

Exactly. Not to mention the enormous expenditure involved if you could even begin to do this.

Plus, why is he talking about solar energy for ports in the landlocked state of Nevada?

Biden at this point is just saying anything he thinks will help him stay in the race.

But if he doesn’t pull out a win in South Carolina, he’s pretty much done and that’ll be a good thing, because honestly, he’s just not up to it.

Oh. And all the disinformation efforts from Trump and the social media noise from Trump supporters is similarly about sympathy and respect, I’m sure.
Joe is a walking joke.  We all see it, while some in here want to call him the front runner and "most likely to be the next president" 

Highlighting his negatives is politics 101.  

FWIW RCP has Bloomberg on average leading +6.0, then Biden +5.6. Those two are currently the chief targets of Trump’s rhetoric, machinations and campaign energy.

Biden obviously is at some do or die stage at South Carolina and then Super Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Democrats damaged Biden's campaign more than Trump could have.  

Trump calls Biden crooked and it's out of the news cycle in 12 hours.  

IF Zelensky came out and announced an investigation into the Bidens, I think that story drops from the news cycle in a couple days. 

Dems pushing Impeachment kept the Biden name in the discussion for what 5 months?  Long enough that your average "non political" person finally asked what the Bidens did.  

I think the Democrats damaged Biden's campaign more than Trump could have.  

Trump calls Biden crooked and it's out of the news cycle in 12 hours.  

IF Zelensky came out and announced an investigation into the Bidens, I think that story drops from the news cycle in a couple days. 

Dems pushing Impeachment kept the Biden name in the discussion for what 5 months?  Long enough that your average "non political" person finally asked what the Bidens did.  
I think it’s simply that nobody was that invested in Biden winning. He was the front runner for so long because he was a known commodity that seemed to be a sure bet to beat Trump. I think post people who supported Biden was doing so until they found someone better. With Pete and Amy emerging and showing that the can compete for the nomination, a lot of people moved away from Biden. 

I really don’t think the Ukraine scandal has anything to do with his downfall. He’s a poor candidate who hasn’t done anything solidify the support he had going into the primaries.

I think it’s simply that nobody was that invested in Biden winning. He was the front runner for so long because he was a known commodity that seemed to be a sure bet to beat Trump. I think post people who supported Biden was doing so until they found someone better. With Pete and Amy emerging and showing that the can compete for the nomination, a lot of people moved away from Biden. 

I really don’t think the Ukraine scandal has anything to do with his downfall. He’s a poor candidate who hasn’t done anything solidify the support he had going into the primaries.
Ukraine didn’t help, but yeah, you nailed it.  Biden has been an underwhelming candidate for national office......3 times over the past 3 decades.

Joe's gaffes hardly make the news anymore.  There has to be some real concern if he is making things up or he has lost it.  This week he claimed his son, Beau, was the Attorney General of the US. He has also started telling a story about being arrested while trying to visit Mandela in the 70s, except none of the facts are lining up.    

Joe's gaffes hardly make the news anymore.  There has to be some real concern if he is making things up or he has lost it.  This week he claimed his son, Beau, was the Attorney General of the US. He has also started telling a story about being arrested while trying to visit Mandela in the 70s, except none of the facts are lining up.    
The party that worships at the altar of Diversity needs to replace this old rich white man with someone more youthful and diverse.

Wait...what?  They replaced him with an even older, richer white guy?

The party that worships at the altar of Diversity needs to replace this old rich white man with someone more youthful and diverse.

Wait...what?  They replaced him with an even older, richer white guy?
An older (richer is questionable...depends on your source) white guy that can string more than 1 sentence together. Speaking ability is important in the art of persuasion.

Joe needs to drop out.  I'm not sure if his campaign is lying to him that he still has a chance, or he needs to keep running so they can claim any investigation into his past is politically motivated.  

Joe needs to drop out.  I'm not sure if his campaign is lying to him that he still has a chance, or he needs to keep running so they can claim any investigation into his past is politically motivated.  
He’ll stay in at least through South Carolina.  

I think he’s eyeing a contested convention now with Bernie getting Russia’s help. If he stays in and doesn’t totally stink up the place I could see this happening. I don’t think it would take much to convince delegates to abandon Bernie if they keep beating this drum.

He’ll stay in at least through South Carolina.  
So he can keep a false sense of hope?  He's blow a huge lead nationally, and not he is blowing his lead in South Carolina.  The guy has been trending in the wrong direction for months now.  This campaign is over.  

Users who are viewing this thread