Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, all men and women...."

take it away Joe... :grad:

Nate Silver‏ @NateSilver538 7m7 minutes ago

Biden and Sanders are now ~tied in our forecast.

Yes, there are a lot of assumptions here, about Biden's SC bounce and the effect of the Buttigieg and Klobuchar withdraws. But I don't think those assumptions are particularly aggressive or Biden-friendly. For instance, it gives him no extra credit for Pete/Klob *endorsing* him.

The only national poll post-SC had just a 3-point Sanders lead, and that was before Buttigieg and Klobuchar quit. Biden has gained a lot in California polls and could limit Sanders's delegate haul. His performance in SC bodes well for how he'll do in the South tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1234619291120685056

• Like 1

I completely forgot Beto existed. Looks like there was a party conference call and Bernie didn't get the invite.

Bernie stating:

”the establishment is scared of me”

57 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I completely forgot Beto existed. Looks like there was a party conference call and Bernie didn't get the invite.

Bernie was probably asked to support him too and Bernie said, “Can you at least wait until the convention before you screw me again?”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Amazing that anyone would think to ask Beto who he endorses.

I suspect he matters in Texas

Amy Klobuchar on Joe Biden at Texas Biden rally:

"I cannot think of a better way to end my campaign than joining his." Chants of 'Amy!' break out.

Just now, squistion said:

Amy Klobuchar on Joe Biden at Texas Biden rally:

"I cannot think of a better way to end my campaign than joining his." Chants of 'Amy!' break out.

As creepy Joe eyes her up and down with his finger on his lip. 

• Laughing 1

Gotta say i like solemn Joe a great deal. Bring back America's soul Joe. Stay with that tone and on that message.

• Like 5

On 2/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, ren hoek said:

Not ready to do my official slam dunk on Biden just yet, I mean he is really Holding Serve here and who knows what his loyal black FireWall will bring.  But in the meantime I just want to say I appreciate Tim for fighting the good fight, and never adjusting his information sources regardless of how many times they get it wrong.  I swear he'd make a great CNN analyst.  

Hey you’re welcome. 

What I wrote, from the beginning, is that no matter how poorly Biden appeared to be doing so long as he won South Carolina and retained black support he should be regarded as the favorite. That wasn’t on “sources”, it was simple logic, or so I thought. I admit I wavered a bit after some poor debate performances but it appears to be true after all. We’ll know a lot more tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

Beto O'Rourke:

"Tomorrow, March 3 2020, I will be casting my ballot for Joe Biden."

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Hey you’re welcome. 

What I wrote, from the beginning, is that no matter how poorly Biden appeared to be doing so long as he won South Carolina and retained black support he should be regarded as the favorite. That wasn’t on “sources”, it was simple logic, or so I thought. I admit I wavered a bit after some poor debate performances but it appears to be true after all. We’ll know a lot more tomorrow night. 

Kudos to you for sticking to your guns tim.   I didn’t think the American people were this misguided, but I was way way wrong.  You pegged this from the beginning!

Heck of a night of endorsements for sleepy Joe.   Fingers crossed that it all means something tomorrow.

Establishment and Wall Street is scrambling to save it's hide.  Amazing they are banking on a guy who's lost his marbles and makes Trump look sharp.

• Like 3

I see two paths...the one that lead us to the highest Coronavirus mortality rate in the world or the one that leads us to medical care for all.  Glad to voting for someone who cares about us tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

I see two paths...the one that lead us to the highest Coronavirus mortality rate in the world or the one that leads us to medical care for all.  Glad to voting for someone who cares about us tomorrow.

This deserves a good old-fashioned wut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

This deserves a good old-fashioned wut.

Wut do you need help understanding.

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

:lmao:  Biden doesn't care about us?

Just now, BassNBrew said:

Wut do you need help understanding.

Haven't six people died in America? That seems awfully premature to be calling our path a path to the highest death rate in the world. Might want to back up a minute and let this run its course. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Haven't six people died in America? That seems awfully premature to be calling our path a path to the highest death rate in the world. Might want to back up a minute and let this run its course. 

It is at the moment.

6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

It is at the moment.

It's okay. I'll let you have it. The last thing I want to do is politicize it, though its very nature may make it have to fall under the rubric of political decisions and structural shocks to waking life. I'm just not sure yet. 

30 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Establishment and Wall Street is scrambling to save it's hide.  Amazing they are banking on a guy who's lost his marbles and makes Trump look sharp.

Biden will do better than Hillary. That's all that matters.

4 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Biden will do better than Hillary. That's all that matters.

Hillary was 10x more competent than Biden and still lost to Trump.  I disagree with your assessment.

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Hillary was 10x more competent than Biden and still lost to Trump.  I disagree with your assessment.

Voters aren't looking primarily for competence, because Hillary was also 10x more competent than Trump.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Alrighty.  Show me your 270 to Win map that has Bernie winning.  What states does he take?

Here’s the base. What states do you add?
https://www.270towin.com/

With Biden I say WI, PA, and NC and FL and AZ are in play, with SC and perhaps GA as extreme outlier possibilities.  

2 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Can't imagine a map that wins NC and Ohio but loses PA.

Figured the fracking issue would hurt Bernie in PA.  Demographics are shifting faster in NC than PA.

3 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Buttigieg supporter in on the No Malarkey Express. 

OK boomer

41 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

She didn't lose because of incompetance.  She lost because she was not well liked.  

Biden doesn't have the same issue there as Hillary and can appeal to people that she didn't.

Its not about competance though because I agree with you, Biden is not the best candidate if that's how we are judging.  I don't think it matters though, he still has the best chance to beat Trump.  I wish there was someone better too but there isn't.

• Like 3

Am I the only one that can see the elephant in the room that no one is mentioning? He seems like he is often making mental stumbles that seem beyond being gaffe prone, and has significantly declined mentally since being VP. I mean, I guess if he is the candidate I will have no choice to vote for him, but that will not look good for presidential debates that people actually watch.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, huthut said:

Am I the only one that can see the elephant in the room that no one is mentioning? He seems like he is often making mental stumbles that seem beyond being gaffe prone, and has significantly declined mentally since being VP. I mean, I guess if he is the candidate I will have no choice to vote for him, but that will not look good for presidential debates that people actually watch.

He's gonna go down in flames on live TV if he ends up the nominee. 

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Hillary was 100 times more hated than Biden and we now have had 3+ years of Trump’s act.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcintyre1 said:

He's gonna go down in flames on live TV if he ends up the nominee. 

Depends what you mean.  

He’ll make some huge gaffes and say some really stupid things. But they won’t cost him like the exact same statements would cost Bernie, Pete, or Warren. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Depends what you mean.  

He’ll make some huge gaffes and say some really stupid things. But they won’t cost him like the exact same statements would cost Bernie, Pete, or Warren. 

There will be many gaffes but in the end Biden is a man of decency and actually will put some good competent people  in cabinet positions and rely on them. I am all in on Biden. Trump will be Trump in these debates and it will be dirty and ugly.

Edited by lazyike

4 hours ago, huthut said:

Can't be worse than the other guy...

12 minutes ago, msommer said:

Can't be worse than the other guy...

He’s not but damn, the guy is a mess (with a big heart).  People were burying him a month ago and now he’s the savior of the party?  I’m skeptical but I’ll enthusiastically vote for him if it works out that way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

He’s not but damn, the guy is a mess (with a big heart).  People were burying him a month ago and now he’s the savior of the party?  I’m skeptical but I’ll enthusiastically vote for him if it works out that way.

Yep. I won't vote for him, though, but that's because I'm not allowed to

6 hours ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Biden doesn't have the same issue there as Hillary and can appeal to people that she didn't.

This used to be true but I think those days are past. It's getting difficult to even watch him stammer and gaffe. He's not getting better, he's in serious decline. And we haven't even reached the starting line.

He was the "cool VP" to one of the most popular Presidents ever. Should have quit on top.