What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (5 Viewers)

I'm not supporting, not rewarding the behavior.  I'm either voting 3rd party or just saving my time and sitting it out (unless Biden selects Yang).  Maybe some day everyone else will feel the same and we can have good things.  
Enjoy your new MAGA hat in support of Trump.   Hopefully you won't be like the Bernie Bros protesting in the streets when they can't seem to figure out how he got elected again

I'm not supporting, not rewarding the behavior.  I'm either voting 3rd party or just saving my time and sitting it out (unless Biden selects Yang).  Maybe some day everyone else will feel the same and we can have good things.  
Don't sit it out man, there's probably other stuff on the ballot that matters too.

Wow, Biden just gave a speech in Philadelphia and was one the best he has given since the campaign started. I would post a link to some videos and quotes but Twitter is down.   :(
It was a really good speech. If he can be that guy for the bulk of the campaign, he'll win this thing.

Also wonder how many Bernie supporters actually like Trump as president because he creates chaos everywhere he goes.  You can create a "revolution" in their minds without it  Biden's main goal is get things as close to normal as possible.   

By the way, if you are older than the person you are running against AND HAD A HEART ATTACK; you don't have the right to question to the stability of someone based on age.  Again it is Bernie Bros doing Trump's dirty work and not even knowing it

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy your new MAGA hat in support of Trump.   Hopefully you won't be like the Bernie Bros protesting in the streets when they can't seem to figure out how he got elected again
Apparently all the Hillary and Biden supporters that denied good candidates like Pete Bernie Amy Yang already got all the maga hat inventory 

Apparently all the Hillary and Biden supporters that denied good candidates like Pete Bernie Amy Yang already got all the maga hat inventory 
I like things Pete and Yang have to say, but neither is a good candidate. The don't remotely have the experience needed to be a good president. They have both decided they want to support Biden.

Sanders has had two chances. It was not actually close last time against a historically unlikable candidate. The people have spoken and they do not want him as president. 

so in November you are going to pitch a fit at home and let Trump win?     Then be all mad and stunned that Trump won like in 2016 and start protesting and getting angry.   

I really wonder.  Do the people that sat on their butts in 2016 and didn't vote or vote for some useless candidate like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein really think that Hillary would have lost anyway even with their votes

so in November you are going to pitch a fit at home and let Trump win?     Then be all mad and stunned that Trump won like in 2016 and start protesting and getting angry.   

I really wonder.  Do the people that sat on their butts in 2016 and didn't vote or vote for some useless candidate like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein really think that Hillary would have lost anyway even with their votes
Not my problem. You’ve got one thing to do, bring me a good candidate. 

If for some reason I thought Trump was the better candidate by a hair, I wouldn’t vote for him either based on his disqualifying actions 

I like things Pete and Yang have to say, but neither is a good candidate. The don't remotely have the experience needed to be a good president. They have both decided they want to support Biden.

Sanders has had two chances. It was not actually close last time against a historically unlikable candidate. The people have spoken and they do not want him as president. 
I’m going to put this up as a poll late tonight or tomorrow am

But hasn't Trump regularly done worse for the last 3+ years straight?
Trump has said plenty of inappropriate things over the last few years. To think anything he's said compares to pointing in the face of a voter and calling him a lying ####### shows how irrational the hatred for him has become. 

I'm sure I'll get ran out of here being a conservative, but oh well. I was on the opposite side of this during the Obama years. I can relate to that feeling. I couldn't stand Obama, but I disliked McCain and Romney just as much and didn't vote for either.  I don't regret it a bit. Their actions after the fact convinced me even more that I had made the right decision not voting for them. 

Trump has said plenty of inappropriate things over the last few years. To think anything he's said compares to pointing in the face of a voter and calling him a lying ####### shows how irrational the hatred for him has become. 
You're right, much of what Trump has said is worse than that.

Calling people human scum was worse than that.  That isn't irrational...its logical.

Also...the guy was lying.  HTH

You're right, much of what Trump has said is worse than that.
That's just ridiculous. I couldn't stand Obama, but it was never to the completely irrational level of the Trump hatred. It's insane.  The Trump haters fall all over themselves when Trump says something rude or whatever like it's the beginning of the end. Biden straight up points in the face of a factory worker and calls him a lying ####### and it's like oh no big deal.   Any type of behavior is excusable to take down the Orange bad man for those who don't like him. They'll overlook everything to take him out, all while being outrage over the same behavior coming from the other side. It just makes no sense.  BassNBrew and the more sensible liberals see it.  There's still a lot of sensible liberals out there who will make that known in November.  But I'm sure they'll just blame it on Russia or whoever else they can come up with. Instead of just putting up a quality opponent who doesn't have dementia to take down the man they don't like, they'll blame on racism or sexism or some other crazy thing.  If they don't think he's fit to be in office, then put up a damn candidate who the American people will vote for to beat him. It's pretty straight forward stuff. 

That's just ridiculous. I couldn't stand Obama, but it was never to the completely irrational level of the Trump hatred. It's insane.  The Trump haters fall all over themselves when Trump says something rude or whatever like it's the beginning of the end. Biden straight up points in the face of a factory worker and calls him a lying ####### and it's like oh no big deal.   Any type of behavior is excusable to take down the Orange bad man for those who don't like him. They'll overlook everything to take him out, all while being outrage over the same behavior coming from the other side. It just makes no sense.  BassNBrew and the more sensible liberals see it.  There's still a lot of sensible liberals out there who will make that known in November.  But I'm sure they'll just blame it on Russia or whoever else they can come up with. Instead of just putting up a quality opponent who doesn't have dementia to take down the man they don't like, they'll blame on racism or sexism or some other crazy thing.  If they don't think he's fit to be in office, then put up a damn candidate who the American people will vote for to beat him. It's pretty straight forward stuff. 
There's nothing irrational about hating Trump. He's earned it over decades of reproachable, grotesque behavior. That you don't understand that doesn't make it invalid or ridiculous.

There’s absolutely a ton of people who will over look pretty much anything at this point. I thought that was Trump’s whole Twitter shtick. He just hopes he riled up more on his side.

Since we are imaging what would happen if stuff...imagine if the guy you disliked, Obama spent 1 day a year doing what Trump does every single day on his Twitter machine.

FTR I have nothing against Biden, outside of the usual slimy politician thing that applies to most of them.  He seems like a decent guy who I wouldn't expect to be pointing in the faces of voters and calling them names. He just no longer has total control of his actions. He's losing his damn mind. It happens to a lot of folks. 

To think anything he's said compares to pointing in the face of a voter and calling him a lying ####### shows how irrational the hatred for him has become. 
Aside from the fact Trump would never wade into an uncontrolled environment and have a discussion like that, how do you think Biden should have responded when that video was brought up?

Aside from the fact Trump would never wade into an uncontrolled environment and have a discussion like that, how do you think Biden should have responded when that video was brought up?
I would like to answer this as well.

Personally don’t mind him telling the guy he is taking things out of context. I’m for the 2nd amendment but we have a serious gun problem and I’m going to look at solutions. Laugh at the guy if he pushes it any further. Put your shades on and say deal with it and go onto the next guy. 

Joe can handle that much better.

This is like a 2/10 on something to be concerned about however for me.

Imagine a liberal voter coming up to Trump and arguing with him about being a Russian agent.  After a bit of back and forth, Trump says “You’re full of ####”.  It’s all caught on camera.

Would Trump supporters:

A. Condemn Trump for speaking to a voter that way

or

B. Laugh and think how awesome Trump is

Imagine a liberal voter coming up to Trump and arguing with him about being a Russian agent.  After a bit of back and forth, Trump says “You’re full of ####”.  It’s all caught on camera.

Would Trump supporters:

or

It would his next ad. Liberal tears and all that crap.

I’m pretty sure the pearl clutching by the Trump folks in here over Joe freaking out is shtick. 

Would Trump supporters:

or

C. Sell merchandise and profit off the incident.

I am not a fan of Joe Biden.

(I will 100% vote for him this fall)

But, I kind of like his reaction here, and I think the kind of mid-west blue-collar worker who left the Dem party in 2016 would also appreciate how Joe reacted when confronted.

I am not a fan of Joe Biden.

(I will 100% vote for him this fall)

But, I kind of like his reaction here, and I think the kind of mid-west blue-collar worker who left the Dem party in 2016 would also appreciate how Joe reacted when confronted.
At the least the guy has a nice story to tell his  grandkids "The 46th  President of the United States told me I was full of #### when I was a young man".

You dismissing all of the legitimately terrible, shameful, deeply damaging things Trump and his administration have been doing and saying as orange man bad hysteria while arguing that Biden telling some guy who was lying to his face that he was full of it is categorically unacceptable absolutely blows my mind and confirms that we're living in separate realities.

Biden pivots focus to Trump amid coronavirus concerns

>>Biden paired his speech with the release of a litany of proposals and promises, including a call for Congress to enact paid medical leave, that are a staple of labor law in other major Western economies.

Yet it was the former vice president who most conspicuously postured as an almost-shadow president, willingly assuming the unofficial mantle of Democratic Party leader as he not-so-subtly emphasized one of his fundamental arguments: that he’d be ready on Inauguration Day for whatever challenges make their way to the Oval Office.

Tim Miller, a Republican consultant who’s part of a movement to defeat Trump, said that’s exactly the tack Biden should take. 

“He needs to be out there reinforcing his main message of stability and trust,” said Miller, who worked for Trump rival Jeb Bush in 2016. “He’s got to have a presence and use this as a leadership opportunity.”<<

>>Separate from his coronavirus speech, Biden is making other tactical moves toward a general election. He and Sanders have canceled upcoming rallies amid the coronavirus outbreak, but Biden has launched plans for virtual town halls that could become a staple of his campaign going forward.

He announced on Thursday a leadership shuffle atop his campaign, hiring longtime Democratic operative Jen O’Malley Dillon as campaign manager. The former campaign aide to Obama and Hillary Clinton quietly joined the campaign as an adviser ahead of the critical Nevada caucuses, where Biden’s second-place finish to Sanders, even though distant, was the first step of his resurgence.

O’Malley Dillon and other top brass at Biden’s Philadelphia headquarters have been busy interviewing former staffers to Biden’s vanquished primary rivals as they build out a campaign staff befitting a would-be nominee – something they’d been unable to do because of Biden’s lackluster fundraising throughout the first 10 months of his campaign. And on Thursday, Biden’s campaign formally requested Secret Service protection, a decision rooted in security concerns but also a symbolic step for serious contenders.<<

This is what I was hoping for with the Michigan primary.  This also bodes well for PA.

What stands out about Mr. Biden’s victory on Tuesday is that he performed well not only among his bedrock supporters, black voters, but also drew solid backing from other key demographic groups — including college-educated white women, moderates and those over 45 — in a primary that shattered Democratic turnout records by more than 30 percent.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/us/politics/biden-michigan-primary-trump.html

"To think that we were so close to taking over from a Republican president who hadn't tanked the economy."

(credit to a poster on another board)

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Yet it was the former vice president who most conspicuously postured as an almost-shadow president, willingly assuming the unofficial mantle of Democratic Party leader as he not-so-subtly emphasized one of his fundamental arguments: that he’d be ready on Inauguration Day for whatever challenges make their way to the Oval Office.
I almost feel sorry for Bernie.

But, he has become an afterthought - very quickly.  The whole virus response has put campaigning on the back burner, and since Biden was ahead - he simply assumes the role of nominee in the minds of most voters.  Nobody will really be having any serious thoughts on the primary - and if you are the challenger, you need people looking for a reason to switch horses.

But, he has become an afterthought - very quickly.  The whole virus response has put campaigning on the back burner, and since Biden was ahead - he simply assumes the role of nominee in the minds of most voters.  Nobody will really be having any serious thoughts on the primary - and if you are the challenger, you need people looking for a reason to switch horses.
If Coronavirus gets bad and people start losing income/jobs/businesses and especially healthcare, Bernie's M4A and paid leave policies are going to sound pretty good compared to Biden.

Of course I hope this is NOT the case, as much as I would love Bernie to win.

If Coronavirus gets bad and people start losing income/jobs/businesses and especially healthcare, Bernie's M4A and paid leave policies are going to sound pretty good compared to Biden.

Of course I hope this is NOT the case, as much as I would love Bernie to win.
Its really no longer about policies.  The fact is, I think most remaining voters will be so distracted they are not going to be paying attention to new ideas - who is ahead?  Thats the guy I'll vote for.

Biden is well ahead in most future states - and I would actually expect Bernie to drop out next Wednesday (after the Tuesday primaries).

Yeah, it feels like the country is moving together as one (almost, sans Trump diehards). Weird and bad timing for Sanders as it feels like he’s getting swelled over by the mobilization.

Its really no longer about policies.  The fact is, I think most remaining voters will be so distracted they are not going to be paying attention to new ideas - who is ahead?  Thats the guy I'll vote for.

Biden is well ahead in most future states - and I would actually expect Bernie to drop out next Wednesday (after the Tuesday primaries).
Fair, but thats on Bernie to make it known. 

I expect the Tuesday primaries to be postponed but I still think it's too early to rule him out.  I agree that he's down a few touchdowns at this point though and needs a big rally. 

Cav here, I can't vote Biden, what is worse is he is a war monger and forces me to vote Trump.  Never establishment I am.

:yes:

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)‏Verified account @JoeBiden 9m9 minutes ago

I believe this nation can overcome four years of Donald Trump. But if he’s given eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation.

We can’t let that happen. We have to defeat Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1238469865578606593
Bettors keep putting money on old Joe. Basically a toss up as of this posting.

https://www.electionbettingodds.com

Users who are viewing this thread