Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

13 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Lol, nah. We'll be back to the "normal" all of you want in 4 years time. Back to the slithery two-faced corporate puppet politicians of years past.

It is nice to have the slithery one faced corporate puppet in office I guess?

1 minute ago, killface said:

It is nice to have the slithery one faced corporate puppet in office I guess?

Yes. I'd rather have a crass guy who can't get anything done politically because he has no clue or experience than seeing a career politician who can weasel their way around screwing over the people behind their back. That's why it amazes me when people say they'd prefer Pence to Trump. Pence knows how to play the game.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yes. I'd rather have a crass guy who can't get anything done politically because he has no clue or experience than seeing a career politician who can weasel their way around screwing over the people behind their back. That's why it amazes me when people say they'd prefer Pence to Trump. Pence knows how to play the game.

Trump just does those awful.things to your face and then spits on you and pushes you in the mud

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, killface said:

Trump just does those awful.things to your face and then spits on you and pushes you in the mud

Yes. Two ####ty options for sure.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Oh cool, so the endless blame game continues. Obama inherited Bush. Trump inherited Obama. Biden inherited Trump. And on and on we go and nothing ever changes, just the way you want.

what Trump inherited was a booming market. A competent federal force.  An assembled pandemic response team located in a logical place.  But sure, "we can go on and on." lolz derp

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yes. Two ####ty options for sure.

Yes, good cop/bad cop. But either way you end up with your face in the mud.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

And Hillary was an easier opponent, and there were no other serious names to spread out the votes.

I just hope some Sanders supporters don’t turn on Sanders personally for this. He’s changed the face of American and DNC politics, and he’s made ethics a primary value for votes.

He hasn't changed the DNC.  The rest I can agree with.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

Yes, good cop/bad cop. But either way you end up with your face in the mud.

One is going to buy you flowers afterwards though

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, msommer said:

It worked for the Republicans. Have you seen Trump interviews from the 80'ies and 90'ies?

RNC didn't choose him.  Don't see the comparison even if I agree with your statement.

Edited by Golf Guy 69
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, msommer said:

Did your state have a primary yet and did you vote in it?

Yes, Bernie.  NC, early voted.

4 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

what Trump inherited was a booming market. A competent federal force.  An assembled pandemic response team located in a logical place.  But sure, "we can go on and on." lolz derp

It's not my opinion. It's a fact. The two sides will never try to get any closer. There are no potential unifiers in the scene right now.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, msommer said:

Move on then. And remember to vote.

Trump, it is.  Cuban if he runs depending on some research of the issues he supports.  But no way I vote Biden or Trump if he is in the race.

Edited by Golf Guy 69

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

Trump, it is.  Cuban if he runs depending on some research of the issues he supports.  But no way I vote Biden or Trump if he is in the race.

Howie Hawkins

Kinda hope the greens come up with something better than him though tbh

Edited by KiddLattimer
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

The bottom half of this article has several democrats talking and commenting about Joe's mental decline.  I found the link to it on RealClear Politics.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/09/it-was-democrats-and-their-media-allies-who-impugned-bidens-cognitive-fitness-yet-now-feign-outrage/

The more things stay the same, the more things umm, stay the same.

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

It won’t be easy for Biden next year. He’s got a lot to fix. He’s going to inherit a total disaster. 

Lucky for him, the media will immediately shift the focus to the exact opposite stories beginning November 4th if Joe wins. By inauguration day, everything will be roses according to the media, no matter what the reality is.

It won’t be easy for Biden next year. He’s got a lot to fix. He’s going to inherit a total disaster. 

We should just bring Obama back.   He's got experience cleaning up a total disaster.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

We should just bring Obama back.   He's got experience cleaning up a total disaster.

Plus spur the economy with drone strikes and false hope.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Which Joe Biden Are We Getting?

Biden has made a few modest policy concessions in recent days -- but on the merits they were fairly weak. For example, his sudden support for reducing the Medicare eligibility age to 60 is actually less progressive than what many Senate Democrats proposed ten years ago. 

Biden has said he wants to unify the party, but Biden has been periodically thumbing his nose at progressives -- in 2018, he basically told millenials to screw off; in May 2019, he promised only a “middle ground” climate policy during a climate emergency; in November 2019 he told a progressive critic that “you should vote for Trump”; and in March 2020 he went out of his way to continue denigrating Medicare for All, as a lethal pandemic was starting to spread across the country, causing mass layoffs and throwing millions off of their health insurance plans.

Biden has in recent days said some nice things about Bernie Sanders, but after the final debate, Biden’s top aide shat on Bernie and Bernie’s movement in really ugly terms (and, anyway, when it comes to a national election with implications for the country and the planet, we should care far less about whether he is personally nice to Bernie and far more about the actual policy).

Clearly, the politics of triangulation are reflexive for Biden and the Clinton-era dinosaurs who run his campaign. Triangulating and hippie-punching is what he and they have always done -- and that retrograde behavior is not just morally offensive, it is politically dangerous in what is likely to be a general election that will be all about motivating the base.

To defeat Trump, we need an energized Democratic Party. 

Biden and the Democratic establishment sneering at disaffected progressive voters to prove to mythical Republican swing voters that they aren’t liberal -- that’s not going to cut it. 

Telling young voters to #### off and vote for Biden or you get Trump -- that’s not going to cut it either. 

1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

Telling young voters to #### off and vote for Biden or you get Trump -- that’s not going to cut it either. 

He doesn’t have to tell young voters anything. 

Two years ago, after Parkland, young people got organized for the first time in my memory, (probably since the Vietnam War.) They demonstrated political power through mass gatherings. But they were unable to effect real change on guns because Republicans were too entrenched in the White House and the Senate and, increasingly, the courts. If gun control is to happen, Biden needs to win, the Senate needs to turn blue, and young people need to play a decisive role in making these things happen. If they stay at home, if they whine about Biden, they will lose what is a last golden opportunity to make a difference on this issue. They don’t need to be told this. I think they’re going to show up. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

You don’t think Trump weaselled “his way around” screwing over people his entire life?  He is crass.  But he is also a horrible person with a poor vocabulary and an obvious case of malignant narcissism.  

He gets a pass from you because he operated in Manhattan rather than Washington for the last couple of decades?

Edited by zoonation

27 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Barack Obama will be endorsing Joe Biden today. Party unity! 

Seems like that'd be a record for how long it took a former President to endorse his former VP.  The party had very material concerns about Joe's mental acuity and ability to handle a drawn out political slugfest.  

16 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

It's not my opinion. It's a fact. The two sides will never try to get any closer. There are no potential unifiers in the scene right now.

Do we actually know these are the sides in the same party? If a person doesn’t vote Democratic in 2 straight elections why are they even counted as a “side” in a supposed intra-party debate?

10 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Seems like that'd be a record for how long it took a former President to endorse his former VP.  The party had very material concerns about Joe's mental acuity and ability to handle a drawn out political slugfest.  

In a vacuum, maybe. However, there's a pretty serious issue going on that likely took precedence over an endorsement.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

This has been (forgive me) a ridiculous line. An ex-president holding out of an intra-party nomination race until a nominee is decided is pretty much common I'd think. Obviously if Obama endorsed Sanders and Biden won then there'd be resentment from the Biden side (and even if Biden lost), and vice-versa if he endorsed Biden and Sanders won (and even if Sanders lost).

This must be incredibly obvious and I'm sure because there are people, yaknow out "there", who constantly push party division and resentment, and anyone who sees what a weakness that causes in the general and in the body politic as an institution would do anything they could to blunt that. I'd say Obama's actions reflect that and in fact so do Sanders' in his endorsement yesterday.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

This is 100% wrong. Obama, like every President before him in modern history, waited until the race was decided. The Democratic Party has no concerns about Biden’s mental acuity and abilities; that is complete fabrication. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:
27 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

This is 100% wrong. Obama, like every President before him in modern history, waited until the race was decided. The Democratic Party has no concerns about Biden’s mental acuity and abilities; that is complete fabrication. 

I don't think this is right. Clinton endorsed Gore in December of 1999 before any primary was held.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/09/it-was-democrats-and-their-media-allies-who-impugned-bidens-cognitive-fitness-yet-now-feign-outrage/

NOT TRUE TIM!

2 minutes ago, the moops said:

I don't think this is right. Clinton endorsed Gore in December of 1999 before any primary was held.

I was young at the time, but I don't remember any serious challengers to Gore. The only name I can think of is Bill Bradley, and that's because a local oldies station used his name in a parody song about the whole process.

11 minutes ago, the moops said:

Yes- and Reagan endorsed Bush Sr. I should have excluded active VPs. When there is an actual race going on, the former or lame duck President doesn’t endorse. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kal El said:
14 minutes ago, the moops said:

I was young at the time, but I don't remember any serious challengers to Gore. The only name I can think of is Bill Bradley, and that's because a local oldies station used his name in a parody song about the whole process.

It was just Bradley. He was polling at 38% compared to Gore's 52%, but I wouldn't say it wasn't a serious challenge

"We're all in for Bernie but we don't trust his endorsement to be of sound judgment" is a curious piece of logic. Fortunately, according to Quinnipiac, disillusioned Bernie supporters voting for Trump appears to a declining percentage this time around and they're probably scattered enough that they won't be the deciders in battleground states that are shaping up as big Dem gets in November.

Sure, vote for Donald and get a Supreme Court that won't allow a piece of legislation good for the voters for the next two decades. Or maybe vote for your state Democratic candidates who pledge to support Don Beyer's Fair Representation Act and see an electoral process in a couple of years that makes third party representation realistic.

• Like 1

Actually it's 100% correct.  It's not a fabrication, and you are wrong.

Obama repeatedly tried to get Biden not to run, out of concern he would "embarrass himself" or "damage his legacy".  Michael Moore stated that in his conversations with dem operatives (starting around 6:45), off the record, that every one of them had existential concerns about what they describe to him as cognitive decline.  That there is a problem with Joe Biden.  Read the link getzlaf posted, tons of mainstream pundits were questioning Joe's mental health before they decided to start gaslighting everyone about it.  

That's why the reaction was so intense when Julian Castro asked Biden if he forgot what he said 2 minutes ago.  Because people are already thinking it under their breath.  Everybody knows it.  Dogs know it.  Everyone knows it except you Tim.  

• Love 2

24 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

"We're all in for Bernie but we don't trust his endorsement to be of sound judgment" is a curious piece of logic. Fortunately, according to Quinnipiac, disillusioned Bernie supporters voting for Trump appears to a declining percentage this time around and they're probably scattered enough that they won't be the deciders in battleground states that are shaping up as big Dem gets in November.

This was always kind of a bogus narrative though.  More Sanders supporters voted for Clinton in 2016 than Clinton supporters voted for Obama in 2008. 

They backed Clinton in the general at a rate 2X what Clinton voters did for Obama in 2008.  According to WaPo, 12% of Sanders supporters voted Trump in 2016, vs 24% of Clinton supporters who voted McCain in 2008.  I don't remember hearing about 'disillusioned Clinton supporters voting for McCain,' although Obama was a strong candidate, as opposed to a very weak one like Clinton & Joe Biden, so we never had to hear the sour grapes narratives.  

These disillusioned Clinton supporters called themselves PUMAs, which stood for "Party Unity My ###!"  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, timschochet said:

Two years ago, after Parkland, young people got organized for the first time in my memory, (probably since the Vietnam War.) They demonstrated political power through mass gatherings. But they were unable to effect real change on guns because Republicans were too entrenched in the White House and the Senate and, increasingly, the courts. If gun control is to happen, Biden needs to win, the Senate needs to turn blue, and young people need to play a decisive role in making these things happen. If they stay at home, if they whine about Biden, they will lose what is a last golden opportunity to make a difference on this issue. They don’t need to be told this. I think they’re going to show up. 

Maybe Sirota needs to take a long look in the mirror about why he couldn't get young voters to turnout in the primaries.  Divisive rhetoric and constant smearing of Bernie's rivals just was not a winning formula. 

23 hours ago, timschochet said:

You'll be wrong. Also, you don't need us. You've told this to all of us on multiple occasions. Go win the election with your boomer friends, champ.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, The General said:

That two of those people (have no idea on Tulsi)  are on board with Joe and say the alternative is the worst thing that could happen to the country isn’t good for you?

With all due respect, I hate this idea that "gee, my candidate lost, so I guess I have to support the candidate whom they are now endorsing." 

If you want to vote for Biden, do it because you like him or you think he is the best option on the ticket, not just because the candidate you supported endorsed him.

39 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

With all due respect, I hate this idea that "gee, my candidate lost, so I guess I have to support the candidate whom they are now endorsing." 

If you want to vote for Biden, do it because you like him or you think he is the best option on the ticket, not just because the candidate you supported endorsed him.

Bernie says opposing Biden is irresponsible

If Bernie were my guy this would be important to me.

• Like 1

Well if Biden can overcome his gaffes and blasting of people, he could be a challenge to the Presidnet!

41 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

blasting of people

You must be thinking of Trump.  Biden gets heated, little more. Whereas all Trump does is attack and blast people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The General said:

Bernie says opposing Biden is irresponsible

If Bernie were my guy this would be important to me.

I think that's an incredibly arrogant statement from Sanders.  To shame people who reject Joe Biden, an accused sexual predator, into voting for him as a negative response to Trump.  

What many don't seem to understand is that Biden isn't seen as an ally, but viewed categorically as an enemy just like Trump.  I don't think people understand how revolting Joe Biden is to these people. Why is this stale politician with a horrible record in cognitive decline the nominee?  Because the obscenely wealthy owners of the party want him to be, that's why.  

What's irresponsible is Bernie sheepdogging the working families that believed in him into supporting a ghoul that shilled the Iraq War.  It'd be a much better use of energy to abandon the Democratic Party, which is a graveyard for leftists and progressive policy, to consolidate behind a 3rd party/independent movement.  Bernie is a disingenuous coward who refuses to ever challenge the party like that, but his supporters aren't. 

The party has told his base to take a hike in every imaginable way.  They're just following through.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

9 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

:shrug:

I started supporting Biden when Pete endorsed.  Pete was a guy for whom I had a lot of respect.  If he says the right path forward is with Biden - I respect that.

But, its really less about "support" at this stage.  If your guy was Bernie, the closest candidate to Bernie's positions that is still in the race is Biden.  You may not campaign for Biden, but you are cutting off your nose to spite your face if you don't vote for Biden in the general election.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, ren hoek said:

I think that's an incredibly arrogant statement from Sanders.  To shame people who reject Joe Biden, an accused sexual predator, into voting for him as a negative response to Trump.  

What many don't seem to understand is that Biden isn't seen as an ally, but viewed categorically as an enemy just like Trump.  I don't think people understand how revolting Joe Biden is to these people. Why is this stale politician with a horrible record in cognitive decline the nominee?  Because the obscenely wealthy owners of the party want him to be, that's why.  

What's irresponsible is Bernie sheepdogging the working families that believed in him into supporting a ghoul that shilled the Iraq War.  It'd be a much better use of energy to abandon the Democratic Party, which is a graveyard for leftists and progressive policy, to consolidate behind a 3rd party/independent movement.  Bernie is a disingenuous coward who refuses to ever challenge the party like that, but his supporters aren't. 

The party has told his base to take a hike in every imaginable way.  They're just following through.  

The votes seem to indicate Biden’s is more in line with the base of the party.

10 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

You'll be wrong. Also, you don't need us. You've told this to all of us on multiple occasions. Go win the election with your boomer friends, champ.

Not me, us.  Remember?