What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (3 Viewers)

Anti-communism.  Umm...yeah, that stance is just fine in the Democratic Party.  As is religious devotion.  I believe Obama was quite devoted to his religion (unlike the current POTUS).  In addition, Catholicism is a bit more liberal of the Christian Denominations.  Advocacy for low deficits?  First off...he took the opposite approach with the tax cuts believing that short term deficit spending can cause the economy to grow.  In addition, the current GOP does not advocate for low deficits.  The current GOP has also been moving further and further away from free trade.

Which stance on the military is that?

Thus far...you have come up almost completely empty and misrepresented his actual stances and those actually part of the current GOP.
Please respect my unwillingness to debate this. It's not something I'm interested in.

What I'm saying is common knowledge.

Google would be quite helpful I bet.

Please respect my unwillingness to debate this. It's not something I'm interested in.

What I'm saying is common knowledge.

Google would be quite helpful I bet.
And respect my right to publicly disagree and explain why.  You are not required to debate it...just know that what you are saying is not common knowledge or very true on many things...about both Kennedy and today's GOP.

I don't see how you guys stay on here so consistently, LOL. The same kind of things over & over & over again. I get burned out.

I recently got back into politics with my main motivation being my 2 young grandchildren, but even in today's world of hyperbole, I'm surprised at some of the things I'm seeing (as somebody who hasn't been in this space before).

Has this board always been so slanted towards the left? Is it simply the result of Obama's 2 terms? What about before Obama (in FBG's infancy)?

Anyway, didn't mean to sidetrack.

Last edited by a moderator:
JFK would in no way be a part of this current GOP.  (not saying Reagan would be a part of the Democratic party either).
JFK would be a moderate Democrat, particularly with his focus on civil rights for black people, which the majority of the American public opposed at the time. Reagan could be moderate Republican, except those have been driven out of the party (if you disagree, name some). 

I don't see how you guys stay on here so consistently, LOL. The same kind of things over & over & over again. I get burned out.

I recently got back into politics with my main motivation being my 2 young grandchildren, but even in today's world of hyperbole, I'm surprised at some of the things I'm seeing (as somebody who hasn't been in this space before).

Has this board always been so slanted towards the left? Is it simply the result of Obama's 2 terms? What about before Obama (in FBG's infancy)?

Anyway, didn't mean to sidetrack.
Hey Jones you're good people and I can tell that. Have a good weekend. :banned:

He wrote the Patriot Act.  
Is their a politician active today with a longer and worse record than Joe Biden? I’m not even kidding here.

He wrote the Patriot act, has been wrong about every war, supported the crime bill, war on drugs, sold his soul to the credit card industry and this country out to China for 45 years. Not to mention being against every Democrat Social justice issue and giving eulogies for Storm Thurmond and Robert Byrd. That’s just off the top of my head.

Is their a politician active today with a longer and worse record than Joe Biden? I’m not even kidding here.

He wrote the Patriot act, has been wrong about every war, supported the crime bill, war on drugs, sold his soul to the credit card industry and this country out to China for 45 years. Not to mention being against every Democrat Social justice issue and giving eulogies for Storm Thurmond and Robert Byrd. That’s just off the top of my head.
Wait a second, are you a progressive? Have I been misreading this?

Wait a second, are you a progressive? Have I been misreading this?
Did you like the Patriot Act?  Was this what you call good democratic government?

He actually wanted to pass it in the mid-90's.  It wasn't until the national tragedy of 9/11 that people like Joe Biden were able to ram it through Congress.  

Normal, functioning govt

Did you like the Patriot Act?  Was this what you call good democratic government?

He actually wanted to pass it in the mid-90's.  It wasn't until the national tragedy of 9/11 that people like Joe Biden were able to ram it through Congress.  

Normal, functioning govt
Hm yeah, I agree with you on the Patriot Act, it was a cracked door that would eventually be jammed more and more open. But I was giving Widbill a hard time (he's obviously not a progressive), this administration luvs the Patriot Act. The GOP just further expanded search powers by the way. - I'll talk about the 3rd Amendment, it's a thing to me and I think it should be talked about more. And the 4th of course. But in terms of whether citizens would be better protected under a Biden administration or a Trump one? Pfft it's not even close to me. Right now I'll take the Dems and the coterie of progressives whom will obviously be invited into the WH on that score. The Trump base talks about this stuff but the Trump administration loves using those tools - and (IMO most likely) abusing them.

Hm yeah, I agree with you on the Patriot Act, it was a cracked door that would eventually be jammed more and more open. But I was giving Widbill a hard time, this administration luvs the Patriot Act. The GOP just further expanded search powers by the way. - I'll talk about the 3rd Amendment, it's a thing to me and I think it should be talked about more. And the 4th of course. But in terms of whether citizens would be better protected under a Biden administration or a Trump one? Pfft its' not even close to me. Right now I'll take the Dems and the coterie of progressives whom will obviously be invited into the WH on that score. the Trump base talks about this stuff but the Trump administration loves using those tools - and (IMO most likely) abusing them.
Yep, you're right.  And the Pelosi congress just renewed the Patriot Act.  Looks like Bernie Sanders was a no-show on most recent bill allowing FBI to collect search histories; his one vote for the Wyden amendment would have killed it.  AOC has mostly sat there (but postured very loudly about "billionaires") while Congress tossed trillions of dollars to transnational corps, lobbyists and banks.  She'll never push back against 'mama bear' Pelosi.  The task force is a meaningless, empty gesture. 

Biden supports Trump's regime change plans for Venezuela, apparently he supports crushing sanctions on Iran as well.  There is no opposition party anymore.  There is no 'lesser evil'.  This is a 1-Party warfare state.  When push comes to shove, they are all the same.  

This pandemic is not helping Sleepy Joe at all.  Battleground states with Democratic Gov are facing opposition by the citizens due to the crumbling of businesses they may have started and financial hardship they are facing as they watch Florida, Texas, Georgia and other Republican states open and gaining momentum to 100% occupancy of businesses in the coming weeks.  Trust me Republican production staff are capturing footage and it will be used in Political campaigns as we get closer to Election Day.  No Way Biden wins Electoral College vote.

Benefits to his family?
Let’s say I agreed with this. I’m not but let’s say I did. I’m talking about the duty and enforceability of making administration officials show up and answer questions about things like oversight. So yeah if Congress went GOP and Dems win the WH  officials respecting the Constitution by showing up to answer questions about anything under the sun, and if they want to make it about Burisma go right ahead.

Trump on Twitter just said about Lawrence O'Donnell that he "whipped his mind" (cross posted in Trump tweets thread)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261680811746701312

Really sad, but even “sadder”, watch flunky @Lawrence CRY when I whipped his mind & he was FORCED to apologize to me over Apprentice fees. Even Psycho Cold Case Joe Scarborough (bad ratings) beat him up, on air, unmercifully. Find tapes & play (5 years back?).
What the hell does that even mean?

If Biden had said that in an interview he "whipped" someone's mind, there be a link to a YouTube video posted instantly and offered as proof of his continued mental decline. 

Nothing like a double standard. 

Trump on Twitter just said about Lawrence O'Donnell that he "whipped his mind" (cross posted in Trump tweets thread)

What the hell does that even mean?

If Biden had said that in an interview he "whipped" someone's mind, there be a link to a YouTube video posted instantly and offered as proof of his continued mental decline. 

Nothing like a double standard. 
Idk. I haven't read the tweet, but "whipped" in today's society has 3 meanings as I can easily think off the top of my head.

1. Whipped (as in cooking)

2. Whipped as in being controlled by a female (p**** whipped). More slang/insult

3. Whipped as in physically (or in this case, mentally) beating someone.

Judging by the arena these two individuals exist in, 3 is the only one that makes sense.

I will now go check out this tweet and post back if I was right or wrong.

Idk. Someone in the comments said this is the clip he's talking about

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1261688923656302593?s=19

I mean there's no apology on air Lawrence did in there. I don't know anything about an apology or if there was one. You could call Trump a liar in this case, but wouldn't really say it has anything to do with mental decline, as Squis tried to make the case for.

The clip was entertaining though lol. Like wow, Scarborough went in on him. That entire table was clowning and laughing at him.

I mean there's no apology on air Lawrence did in there. I don't know anything about an apology or if there was one. You could call Trump a liar in this case, but wouldn't really say it has anything to do with mental decline, as Squis tried to make the case for.

The clip was entertaining though lol. Like wow, Scarborough went in on him. That entire table was clowning and laughing at him.
The mental decline is Trump saying that he (Trump) whipped O'Donnell's mind per his tweet, and I still don't know what the hell that means or have seen any evidence of it.

Biden has a lead in all the key states, and the nation, and he’s not even running ads. I can’t even imagine how big this lead will become once he names a VP, starts running ads, etc. I don’t think Trump will ever be able to close the distance. 
I appreciate the update but hate the predictions. Sadly what matters most is MI, WI, PA, FL, GA, NC, AZ.

Ohio has lost its place as bellwether, it’s just a red state now.

The mental decline is Trump saying that he (Trump) whipped O'Donnell's mind per his tweet, and I still don't know what the hell that means or have seen any evidence of it.
I told you what it means. Your not reading my post is not evidence of Trump mental decline, or is it even conducive to a conversation. I agree though, there is no evidence of it in said video clip.

The Democrats propping up this disabled man, borders on elderly abuse.

I'm sure that they want a virtual convention.
It will be easier to pull of their "Weekend at Bernie's" scenario and we won't be able to see if his mouth is moving and it's really him talking if he strings together a coherent sentence.

It certainly will to be abuse if he takes the debate stage against President Trump.

Jeez, :lol: .  You know Trump won when his opposition looks more obsessed with ratings & money than he does.  

Have you heard of whipped his a$$?

Same thing, except instead of physically, mentally.  Pretty straightforward.  

It's like when you give up on debate and claim someone is being condescending. You're mind whipped.  

What was the issue here? 
Oh, nothing....nothing at all.....

I don't want to pile on the DNC's abuse of the elderly but let's be nice and just say that Biden's train of thought often leaves the station without him....and the MSM fails to talk about it.

Now...when President Trump farts in the wrong tone....the MSM is all over it....with Biden....it's not even mentioned....and his diminished mental capacity is worthy of mention

(((Harry Enten))) @ForecasterEnten

High quality state polling (15k interviews & 20+ polls) since April 1 suggests Biden leads by 7-8 pts nationally, is ahead in states totaling a majority of electoral votes, & said lead is wide enough to withstand a 2016 like error were election held today.
I'd call the election for Tuesday if I could.  Right now Biden would win.

And as I pointed out yesterday this is before a VP has been picked, before any ads have been made, before any real campaigning. 

And as I pointed out yesterday this is before a VP has been picked, before any ads have been made, before any real campaigning. 
Outside Biden's VP choice, which might move the needle a point or two, I don't think any of that matters at all this year.  Like zero.

If the Admin's response to CV didn't change anything, nothing's going to change anything.

I do think the weather in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, NH and maybe even Ohio could become relevant though.  If things go cold and dry early enough in the swingy northern states to see the winter CV wave before the election it might hurt Trump a little bit.

Outside Biden's VP choice, which might move the needle a point or two, I don't think any of that matters at all this year.  Like zero.
If he picks an Abrams or someone else who energizes the progressive wing, it could have the effect of increased youth volunteer recruitment. The effect might not be as large if we can’t canvass but Biden still needs a ground game.

Biden has a lead in all the key states, and the nation, and he’s not even running ads. I can’t even imagine how big this lead will become once he names a VP, starts running ads, etc. I don’t think Trump will ever be able to close the distance. 
I'm sincerely hoping Bloomberg stays true to his word and spends the rest of his pledged billion ad dollars dumping on Trump 

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
If things go cold and dry early enough in the swingy northern states to see the winter CV wave
I honestly don't see a strong winter connection to CV. Look at South America. Look at Mexico. They are surging in cases despite being in summer-like temps

A new Marquette Law School poll finds former Vice President Joe Biden with a 46% to 43% lead over President Donald Trump in Wisconsin.

The poll matches the last poll from Marquette, which also had Biden up by 3 points in Wisconsin.

One of the big questions when we look at national polls is whether or not they're an accurate representation of what is going on at the state level. One of the easiest ways to check is to compare state poll results to the past presidential vote in a given state. I did so for all telephone polls that called cell phones since the beginning of April.

When we average out these state polls, they suggest that Biden's running about 6 points ahead of Hillary Clinton's final margin.

In other words, the state level polls suggest that Biden has a national lead of around 8 points.

That's actually a little greater than the 6.6 points Biden has in the high quality national polling average taken during the same period. 

In the competitive states (where most of the state polling has been conducted), there has been an average swing of 6 points toward Biden compared to Clinton's 2016 result. The same is true in the non-competitive states.

At least from this state level data, it does not seem that either candidate is running up the score disproportionately in areas that were already friendly to him.

Biden has posted leads of greater than 5 points in places like Michigan and Pennsylvania. He is ahead in more than enough states to capture 270 electoral votes, if the election were held today.

The polls underestimated Trump by 1 point (RealClearPolitics) or 2 points (FiveThirtyEight) in the aggregate of the states we currently have polling from. Applying that 2016 bias to our current data, Biden would have a 6- to 7-point lead nationally.

Concentrating on just the competitive states, the polls undersold Trump by 2 points (RealClearPolitics) or 3 points (FiveThirtyEight). If the polls in the competitive states were off by as much as they were at the end in 2016, Biden would still be ahead in states like Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

CNN

:lol:  Not sure I'd rely on polls taken at a time when all the Libs are locked up in their houses too afraid to come out. 

Truth over Facts

:lol:

Taking aim at Joe Biden, President Trump’s reelection team on Monday launched a faux "investigative" series that mocks the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee by spotlighting his numerous verbal miscues on the campaign trail.

The video series by the Trump campaign is titled "Truth over Facts," a phrase the former vice president used last August in Des Moines as he flubbed a line during a speech at the Iowa State Fair.

The Trump campaign – which gave Fox News a first look at the video – spotlighted that it’s “aimed at uncovering the truth behind Joe Biden’s never-ending, seemingly incomprehensible statements during his third, plodding campaign for president.”

Users who are viewing this thread