What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (1 Viewer)

Your link shows no sales figures, but I'm sure you knew that.

I imagine it will go over quite well when white Trump voters start wearing these.
I'm positive white people aren't the target demo here for this specific tshirt.  But I'm sure you knew that.

And, to be honest, I don't care how well it would go over.  America needs to be done with this worshipping at the altar of being offended over everything.

Your link shows no sales figures, but I'm sure you knew that.

I imagine it will go over quite well when white Trump voters start wearing these.
Some also wore tshirts proudly proclaiming to be one of the deplorables...yes, people proudly wore shirts proclaiming to be what Hillary described as "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it"...

I'm positive white people aren't the target demo here for this specific tshirt.  But I'm sure you knew that.

And, to be honest, I don't care how well it would go over.  America needs to be done with this worshipping at the altar of being offended over everything.
I'm not sure who the target market is, to be honest.  If I'm guessing, I suspect they intend to sell very few of these, and the entire intent was to put them up for sale and then use the fact that they are for sale as political fodder.  Mission accomplished.

BET Co-founder Robert L. Johnson:

"Vice President Biden’s statement today represents the arrogant and out-of-touch attitude of a paternalistic white candidate who has the audacity to tell Black people, the descendants of slaves, that they are not Black unless they vote for him," Johnson told Fox News. "This proves unequivocally that the Democratic nominee believes that Black people owe him their vote without question; even though, we as Black people know it is exactly the opposite. He should spend the rest of his campaign apologizing to every Black person he meets."

Voting record, gaffes, hiding in his basement for the next few months. Nobody cares. Before 2016? absolutely. But now in 2020, all the voters care about is an opportunity to jettison Trump.

BET Co-founder Robert L. Johnson
Johnson is a long time critic of the Democratic Party and he's a Trump supporter (surprise, he's a billionaire). He criticized Obama, Hillary, etc. 

Any Trump supporters here spent any time living in an urban, Democratic city? I can tell you Ray Nagin said something very much like this and he flipped a 20/80 black vote disadvantage to a 80/20 advantage here in his reelection campaign. I think Trumpists need to find some sort of indication of even a ripple in Dem politics over this. I don't see any beyond the MSM's continuing willingness to get whipped into all day coverage of Trump's paroxysms. 

Johnson is a long time critic of the Democratic Party and he's a Trump supporter (surprise, he's a billionaire). He criticized Obama, Hillary, etc. 

Any Trump supporters here spent any time living in an urban, Democratic city? I can tell you Ray Nagin said something very much like this and he flipped a 20/80 black vote disadvantage to a 80/20 advantage here in his reelection campaign. I think Trumpists need to find some sort of indication of even a ripple in Dem politics over this. I don't see any beyond the MSM's continuing willingness to get whipped into all day coverage of Trump's paroxysms. 
You're right democratics don't care he said it. That doesn't make what Johnson said wrong.

Some Black voters are bothered by it, but as you just indicated their voices arent heard. 

You're right democratics don't care he said it. That doesn't make what Johnson said wrong.

Some Black voters are bothered by it, but as you just indicated their voices arent heard. 
Just from personal experience, and I'm not saying it's right or good, as I'm not a fan of identity politics, but these appeals oftentimes work and can be a positive effect. Horrible to say but there it is. I think the biggest outfall of this might be the Breakfast Club as I do think they're influencers and they have a market. He went on their show to get an endorsement or good feelings out of it, from them personally, that's likely not what happened. They're also well known progressives, going in there he should have known he would be pressed on more than just past support for black causes. In the end how they react to this matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you remember when Joe Biden took out that full page ad pushing for the execution of five innocent black men?

Me neither. :coffee:
Funny how loud and active Trump supporters have been in this thread yet when you bring up Trump’s long list of past racist actions they’re no where to be found.

It’s almost like they don’t really care and are massive hypocrites, just like they claim (and are right about) with the left.

Just another day of Democrats pretending this is totally normal. :unsure:

Larry Elder@larryelder

"I am prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and I'm going to beat Joe Biden."
--@JoeBiden 5/21/20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdvM9K8N6OY&feature=youtu.be

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1264204872317956101?s=21
Hard to tell if he’s saying ‘beat’ or ‘be’ there. Regardless, there’s plenty of examples out there to see that Biden is losing it.

But again, coming from a Trump supporter your comment doesn’t mean anything as Trump’s in a clear mental decline as well yet you enthusiastically cheer him on.

Our previous president used to be against gay marriage, but do you still call him a homophobe?  
A lot of democrats like Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage at one point in time, that doesn't make them a homophobe in 2020.

Democrats can evolve and change their positions (see Civil Rights for black people). Republicans, not so much.

"I am prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and I'm going to beat Joe Biden."
--@JoeBiden 5/21/20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdvM9K8N6OY&feature=youtu.be
Former Vice President Joe Biden appeared on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” this morning, where anchor Joe Kernen asked him if he was going to govern as a “progressive” in the mold of Sen. Bernie Sanders or Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

The key point Biden made in response was: “Look at my record.”

Here is a transcript of the exchange:

Joe Kernen: “You know, some Dem pundits, Democratic pundits, sir, say that Sanders and Warren voters are essential for you to win. I know you’ve probably seen that. But some aren’t quite there yet. Others point out, though, that your candidacy surged, when it became apparent to mainstream Democrats that Sanders might be the nominee and then they flopped to you—a more moderate, perhaps, candidate.

“Are you prepared now to say you are going to govern as a progressive and enact programs in the mold of Sanders and Warren? And, if so, what does that say to either moderate Democrats, or Independents, or even some Republicans dissatisfied with President Trump?"

Joe Biden: “I’m prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and that I’m going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record.”
CNS (which is conservative btw).

- The question was whether he was going to govern as a moderate or a progressive. Saying he's going to "be Joe Biden" makes sense as an answer. Saying he's going to "beat Donald Trump" wouldn't have.

In racial relations one comment can bite you in the buttocks.   Joe  was offensive to black voters, and the comment could be construed as racist, add in a tablespoon of white privilege as well.  Why does he keep doing this?
He's not a lousy politician the way that Hillary was. He has flaws - like when he tells people off, gets impatient - it comes off badly. This must be at least the third instance I can think of this happening in the campaign.

However IMO if you watch that interview it went well. Biden left with positive feelings with Charlemagne, he was invited back etc. It seems to me he will be getting support from the show which to me is the most important outcome.

The main issue is the modern digital component where one snip (like the above from CNBC) gets recirculated out of context and then also MSM's constant thirst for drivable themes like this. Biden is a pre-digital politician, so I'd expect to this to continue to happen. 

A lot of democrats like Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage at one point in time, that doesn't make them a homophobe in 2020.

Democrats can evolve and change their positions (see Civil Rights for black people). Republicans, not so much.
Obama and Hillary were against the gays marrying until it cost them votes.

Obama and Hillary were against the gays marrying until it cost them votes.
No, I would say they were publically against gay marriage because they thought it would cost them votes. Most Democrats I know didn't believe that Obama was really against gay marriage during the early years of his presidency.

Because you personally will not let them change, but you are okay if it’s a Democrat changing their stance?  Terrible take. 

No, I would say they were publically against gay marriage because they thought it would cost them votes. Most Democrats I know didn't believe that Obama was really against gay marriage during the early years of his presidency.
Were these people close friends of Obama?

He clearly said beat. You’re going to have a full time job on your hands once Biden comes out of the basement.
No, I clearly heard him say be, not beat and it makes sense in context.

If I were a Trump supporter, this would not be the hill I would choose to die on.

CNS (which is conservative btw).

- The question was whether he was going to govern as a moderate or a progressive. Saying he's going to "be Joe Biden" makes sense as an answer. Saying he's going to "beat Donald Trump" wouldn't have.
Thanks SID. Looks like fake news is being spread like wildfire in here.

Didn’t see it on this page, pretty powerful and dead on response to Joe’s disgusting comment. 

https://west4texas.com/2020/05/22/a-black-mans-response-to-joe-biden/
So nice to see the reaction of a typical black voter. Oh, wait...this is the same Allen West who served in Congress as a Republican and is currently running for Chairman of the GOP in Texas. And there is more, per Wiki, West has outlined a few issues on which he will be running: he wants to “strengthen our families,” to “stand up for life” and to secure the U.S.-Mexico border. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)

So nice to see the reaction of a typical black voter. Oh, wait...this is the same Allen West who served in Congress as a Republican and is currently running for Chairman of the GOP in Texas. And there is more, per Wiki, West has outlined a few issues on which he will be running: he wants to “strengthen our families,” to “stand up for life” and to secure the U.S.-Mexico border. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)
His opinion is of much more value than yours on this subject, but nice response in true Joe Biden form. The tone deafness to this is quite amazing. 

His opinion is of much more value than yours on this subject, but nice response in true Joe Biden form. The tone deafness to this is quite amazing. 
An African American who served as a Republican in Congress and is currently running for Texas State Chairman of the GOP would never have a good thing to say about Joe Biden (not if he wanted to win the Chairman office). His opinion was predictable and it would have been absolutely shocking he had said anything else and tried to excuse or explain Biden's response.

If you want to post comments from blacks who have served as Democrats in Congress and are coming down hard on Biden, that would carry some weight, but not from Allen West.

An African American who served as a Republican in Congress and is currently running for Texas State Chairman of the GOP would never have a good thing to say about Joe Biden (not if he wanted to win the Chairman office). His opinion was predictable and it would have been absolutely shocking he had said anything else and tried to excuse or explain Biden's response.

If you want to post comments from blacks who have served as Democrats in Congress and are coming down hard on Biden, that would carry some weight, but not from Allen West.
Hey Nikki Haley supports Trump so she speaks for every woman.   Great schtick, by the way.

Until Biden comes out of the basement he’s a generic candidate at this point. This poll might as well just cross his name out and put Michelle Obama. Any name would work. 
Many of us have been trumpeting this for years. Any Dem will beat Trump. A half eaten sandwich with (D) on the ballot will beat Trump. 

Users who are viewing this thread