What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Masters of the Box - Extra Stuffed Season 1 Finale! (1 Viewer)

I enjoyed it and for all the negatives the DM got after ep 1, I am hooked on his story and would like to know who the secret faction that took Elizabeth is

I dont know anything about character traits and whatever the tree lady was. If they could make placards for that stuff and make it a little bigger so I can actually read it, that would be swell

This was a fun episode; lots of stuff happened. I want to see everyone fight!
Also the t-shirts are awesome, I might send one to my stalkee this summer...

Enjoyed the episode and I watched a little bittle of the interview video (didn't have time for the whole thing).  While I get it and all, I'm a little disappointed with the budgetary limitations for the special effects.  I guess that explains why there is no mage in the party.  I was hoping for a fireball being cast into the darkness at some point.  :shrug:  

Enjoyed the episode and I watched a little bittle of the interview video (didn't have time for the whole thing).  While I get it and all, I'm a little disappointed with the budgetary limitations for the special effects.  I guess that explains why there is no mage in the party.  I was hoping for a fireball being cast into the darkness at some point.  :shrug:  
Season 2 imo

I think my favorite moment was:

...just don't get stabbed in general...
It is interesting seeing how someone who just started playing doesnt know the ins and outs of the little things. Like are you going to armor up, Hell yeah. 

Ok, well that makes a ton of noise. 

It is interesting seeing how someone who just started playing doesnt know the ins and outs of the little things. Like are you going to armor up, Hell yeah. 

Ok, well that makes a ton of noise. 
Actually I found that odd.  Doesn’t seem like that PC has much in the way of armor...seemed mostly leather.  It’s not like he was a Paladin or knight with full plate.  

Actually I found that odd.  Doesn’t seem like that PC has much in the way of armor...seemed mostly leather.  It’s not like he was a Paladin or knight with full plate.  
Blagdor wears heavy armor. All the costumes were provided by the cast. It's not a perfect match but pretty good.

@hagmania any chance they would expand the party in season 2? Any auditions available? 

How did you get in with this opportunity to begin with? 

Finally caught ep2 last night... the spells were way better than expected and funny to see the usual character involvement in things they couldn't have possibly known, but the role player knew... Like the dwarf in the woods with the poison victim. I liked how the dm played it there and with the putting on armor.

From a story/TV standpoint, that was a bit of silly non-encounter encounter to use as the first one for the show imo. Would've worked better as a second encounter after having some meaningful melee with the first. I also remember using whatever Deus ex machina means I could to get the party moving where I wanted/designed the adventure to go as a dm...like the dryad. i once had a parrot fly out of nowhere and tell my group they needed to get to the top of a mountain instead of walk around it.

Looking forward to ep3 and that naughty, naughty witch. 

Congratulations on putting this together, hagmania.  I've subscribed and am enjoying it so far.  Its inspired me to start playing D&D on Roll20...first time "picking up" the die since the AD&D 2ed days for me.

Karen no!

Also Kevin's best episode yet. Just get him to practice the scripted stuff at the start next time and he can get into gameplay where he's much better.

Edit: he even almost used a character voice lolol

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on putting this together, hagmania.  I've subscribed and am enjoying it so far.  Its inspired me to start playing D&D on Roll20...first time "picking up" the die since the AD&D 2ed days for me.
did you get into a campaign yet? I'm in the sameboat...played 2E and this inspired me to play again...I'm looking for one now

The cinematographer really zeroed in on Kelsey's dice rolling a few times......and for good reason (   Y   ) 

did you get into a campaign yet? I'm in the sameboat...played 2E and this inspired me to play again...I'm looking for one now
Yeah I found an "Teaching RP" campaign that is planning 10 sessions to run the Lost Mines of Phandelver module.

It is a pay to play ($12) for each 4 hour session, but so far it's been a quality experience.   

Honestly, it's just the beginning stages of a channel. We'll get there - the half-hour format seems to be a real hit with hardcore and casual fans alike.

Honestly, it's just the beginning stages of a channel. We'll get there - the half-hour format seems to be a real hit with hardcore and casual fans alike.
Yeah - I see a lot of streamers do this for 3-4 hours.  I know that's what a regular game session can go for - but I can't imagine sitting through that just watching.

Yeah I found an "Teaching RP" campaign that is planning 10 sessions to run the Lost Mines of Phandelver module.

It is a pay to play ($12) for each 4 hour session, but so far it's been a quality experience.   
interesting...i guess some out there are making money at this? glad you are finding it worth it. my biggest struggle is finding a time to play, my weeknights and weekends are full with kids sports and stuff. I work from home so I was hoping to find a mid day EST game, but I also can't commit 3-4 hours to it either—that won't pay the bills. lol. 

hagmania said:
Karen no!

Also Kevin's best episode yet. Just get him to practice the scripted stuff at the start next time and he can get into gameplay where he's much better.

Edit: he even almost used a character voice lolol
Enjoying watching this...and it seems like the whole ensemble is picking up as things get moving.  The awkwardness of the first episode is long gone, and this one moved well, with some action and some humor.

Nice fighting, Jhinn/Hags.  Will be watching the rest for sure!

Slacked on this the past two weeks, what with starting up at a new gig.  I need to catch up!

Also need to find another local group again.  Layoffs at my old studio back in Nov. killed both of my groups. Jerks.

Agreed, good episode!

I enjoyed watching Blagdor getting frustrated at the battle... and watching Kelsey roll.

Hags/Jhinn kicked butt in the battle.

One of these episodes they're going to capture / talk to someone that can actually provide a little info.

Looking forward to the next character interview released - each one makes me like that character more.

Bonus: lots of pics

Ack, not a great sign. Ep 4 currently delayed for a few hours. Probably be put up sometime early tomorrow. I'll flash the blagsignal once it's up.

Liking the series a lot more than I expected to @Hagmania.  It's well done overall!  I wonder if combat might work better just showing how it played out though.  It felt really slow to me to see some dice rolling and mech chat and then see it acted out.  Like that format better for the in-character role-playing and interaction.

Liking the series a lot more than I expected to @Hagmania.  It's well done overall!  I wonder if combat might work better just showing how it played out though.  It felt really slow to me to see some dice rolling and mech chat and then see it acted out.  Like that format better for the in-character role-playing and interaction.
Respectfully disagree.  But that is coming from a guy who has played RPGs just enough to get a taste and wish he had more chance.  I love the interaction of the players deciding moves, and the reaction of the DM when his forces get slaughtered.

Plus, turned based battle sequencing doesn't necessarily lead to smooth, logical action scenes.  This reminds me of the story I once wrote in my youth based on an RPG I had at the time, but that's a story for another time.

Users who are viewing this thread