What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is John Cusack's signature role? (1 Viewer)

Signature Role

• Lane - Better off Dead

Votes: 40 18.5%
  • Ivan - Tapeheads

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Buck - Eight Men out

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Lloyd - Say Anything

Votes: 113 52.3%
  • Roy - the Grifters

• Peter - True Colors

• Martin - Grosse Point Blank

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Vince - Con Air

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Nick - Pushing Tin

• Craig - Being John Malkovich

• Rob - High Fildelity

Votes: 24 11.1%
  • Jake - Must love Dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian - Love and Mercy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam - Hot Tub Time Machine

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

badmojo1006

Footballguy
Most likely it will be "Say Anything" but my first thought was "Hi Fidelity"

Lot of good choices. I really liked him in the Grifters

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Most likely it will be "Say Anything" but my first thought was "Hi Fidelity"

Lot of good choices. I really liked him in the Grifters
I probably liked him in that more than any others and enjoyed that movie...but I think signature will always be him with the boombox over his head playing Peter Gabriel.

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
Kickboxing is the sport of the future.

I actually never saw Say Anything back in the 80s.  My wife had reverence for the movie, so not so long ago we sat down to watch it.  Now, she is a rom-com die hard, but even she couldn't make it all the way through.  While the scene with the boom box is one of the ultimate images of 80s teen culture, the movie has not aged well.

I would have to pick between Better off Dead and High Fidelity, but I don't really have to.  He's like John Wayne, he plays the same character in every movie, except his character is John Cusack.  The only movie where he remotely played a different character was 8 Men Out.

Yeah, not having "The Sure Thing" on here is a mistake.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFgEItulMmc

Truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in moppishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.
Well, you certainly get my vote for cutest couple, but you better shave her before you kiss her good night.

I chose Grosse Point Blank but BOD is one of my favorites(despite the opinion of that cretin above, Jeopardy be damned).

Midnight in the garden of good and evil should be considered as well.

IMO for signature role: Say Anything > Hi Fidelity > Better Off Dead

But I like Grosse Point Blank better than all of those.

Users who are viewing this thread