What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Cakeleeg - Standings update? (1 Viewer)

do we have a consensus on whether to go now or wait til the 22nd or 3/1? it's no surprise who i'm taking, just don't wanna rush anyone who doesnt wanna be rushed. all my old leaguemates knew i didn't like to bother about baseball til 3/1 but, with action starting 3/20, we no longer have that luxury.  so, what's it gonna be, boyz?

@Chemical X had me hold over his $125 for 2019 dues.  He owes $9.  Everybody else not named SloCal needs to send me $134.

PayPal Addy:  fnesbitt       AT

aditfunds       DOT

com

do we have a consensus on whether to go now or wait til the 22nd or 3/1? it's no surprise who i'm taking, just don't wanna rush anyone who doesnt wanna be rushed. all my old leaguemates knew i didn't like to bother about baseball til 3/1 but, with action starting 3/20, we no longer have that luxury.  so, what's it gonna be, boyz?
Just start 3/1. No baseball league needs to start drafting on Valentine’s Day. 

Go ahead and go if you want.  I like the slow start with a pick or 2 day.  But I doubt it gains much traction with the free agency issues.  

Longer draft = more fun
I agree but as you alluded to there are over a 100 free agents out there right now. It’s just too early to start with that kind of uncertainty. But if people want to go until it gets to us that’s cool too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@SoCalBroncoFan will you be available or do you need a drafting partner?   @Frostillicus is dying to get into this league.  
I definitely will be available. I sit in a hospital bed all day. I have nothing but time. The only time I'm not in my room is when I'm at dialysis for 4 hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and I take my laptop with me to dialysis. The whole draft killer thing is from years ago. I bet I have one of the lowest wait times in this draft, if we  keep track of it. I already have my first 4 picks mapped out.

Are we going to discuss any rules changes? Or was everyone okay with the way they are. Personally, with all the players going on the DL, players being sent to the minors because GM's churn rosters so much now, and all the platoons being employed, I wouldn't mind an extra roster slot and a couple extra DL slots. Too many times I had more players on the DL than DL slots.

It does add a problem with Harper and Machado. Those guys are high round picks. What happens if they get passed on in the first 3 rounds but then Harper signs and whomever is up when the news breaks is sitting on found money. 

I’m sure they’ll sign but a lot of people got screwed by Leveon Bell in football so you have to at least think about it. 

It does add a problem with Harper and Machado. Those guys are high round picks. What happens if they get passed on in the first 3 rounds but then Harper signs and whomever is up when the news breaks is sitting on found money. 

I’m sure they’ll sign but a lot of people got screwed by Leveon Bell in football so you have to at least think about it. 
Yeah, they'll both sign.  Only thing that is dependent is park factor imo.  Harper in Philly>Harper in SF.  There are other FAs where it matters more...potential closers and such. 

I have a lot of 'normal' leagues, this is just a primer league for me where I expect everything to go to hell, but I get a read of what people are thinking.

Leveon never signed so I hope we can start the draft eventually regardless if all free agents or top FAs are signed

SoCalBroncoFan said:
I definitely will be available. I sit in a hospital bed all day. I have nothing but time. The only time I'm not in my room is when I'm at dialysis for 4 hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and I take my laptop with me to dialysis. The whole draft killer thing is from years ago. I bet I have one of the lowest wait times in this draft, if we  keep track of it. I already have my first 4 picks mapped out.
Do you expect to get released any time soon?  Considering what’s on your plate, i can’t believe you have time for fun.  or, maybe you need something to distract.

Do you expect to get released any time soon?  Considering what’s on your plate, i can’t believe you have time for fun.  or, maybe you need something to distract.
Yeah, they are talking about releasing me from the hospital soon, but then they are sending me to a rehab facility to learn how to walk with my prosthetic leg and to improve my strength and conditioning. I have lost almost all of  my muscle after being in a hospital bed for 9 of the last 12 months. I will have tons of down for the next couple of months while I learn to adapt to life with a fake leg, so I welcome the distraction.

Harper and Machado  are going in the first 2 rounds,regardless of when they sign. There aren't any other free agents going in the first 10 rounds, which we wont reach  until after the 22nd. The season starts about a week earlier this year. Combine that with a larger league and I think we should get this thing started ASAP so it doesn't go until after Opening Day. We all know we are going to lose at least a day or two when an owner or two inevitably uses his full clock in the name of schtick. So lets just get this thing going.

SoCalBroncoFan said:
Are we going to discuss any rules changes? Or was everyone okay with the way they are. Personally, with all the players going on the DL, players being sent to the minors because GM's churn rosters so much now, and all the platoons being employed, I wouldn't mind an extra roster slot and a couple extra DL slots. Too many times I had more players on the DL than DL slots.
Same as day 1.

All this talk about fast food seafood is fascinating, and I'm not saying its not entertaining, but can we start drafting now? Otherwise, this thing is going to drag into the middle of April. ;)

When I lived in Mobile,  I had a neighbor in my apt complex whose parents would come down to visit her and eat at a Red Lobster.

The gulf is a 45 minute drive....and you want frozen tilapia from RL. :mellow:
I can throw a rock and hit a great seafood place here (going to one tonight!) yet the Red Lobster is always packed. Don’t understand people. 

Users who are viewing this thread