What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It’s time for Democrats and Republicans to get together... (1 Viewer)

Tim's in Cali, so I can excuse him a bit, but if you are really in Nebraska, Mr. KIA, how can you honestly believe this?  Maybe the Omaha area is a liberal oasis, but the rural people in Missouri are still gung-ho for Trump.

I'm telling you all from my experience, he has lost almost no one that voted for him.  If they can't get him impeached or to quit, he will run again.  And if the Dems don't come up with someone to rally behind, it will be like 2016 all over again.

The Midwest is still sick of the liberalization of the country.  The biggest story around these parts is the New York State abortion laws.  You want to fire up the conservative base, few things will do it quite like abortion.  Also, they are livid about the refusal to fund the border wall, viewing it as petty politics and games from the Dems.

Maybe the rust belt is turning against him?  Maybe FL, NC and AZ turn against him?  But in the Midwest, he is still going to win.  I am still shocked at his win and how much he dominated Missouri.  Ideally, I wish he wouldn't run again, but I think that is a pipe dream.  If there is another lame candidate like Clinton was, we may have to deal with 4 more years of this crap.
Definitely truth to this - Omaha is one of the few purple areas in the state - the rest in solid red.  What I am seeing though is a tiredness factor - so much media coverage that is anti-Trump that is repeated enough that folks are getting tired of it.  Statewide in Nebraska I would expect Trump to win again if he ran - just depends on central and  western Nebraska voter turnout versus urban turnout in Omaha and Lincoln.  If the Dem party of Nebraska can drive the turnout I could see a Trump defeat.  However, if they run Hillary again...not a chance in hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, from what I understand of the issue, the innovation Democrats should be pushing is the creation of an infrastructure bank that would remove some of the politics around funding decisions and prioritize them based on need.
Of course, that just means that when it's early 2021 and the Harris Administration is moving forward with its infrastructure-bank bill, we'll hear endlessly about how the Democrats want to hand power over to "a bunch of unelected bureaucrats".

Tim's in Cali, so I can excuse him a bit, but if you are really in Nebraska, Mr. KIA, how can you honestly believe this?  Maybe the Omaha area is a liberal oasis, but the rural people in Missouri are still gung-ho for Trump.

I'm telling you all from my experience, he has lost almost no one that voted for him.  If they can't get him impeached or to quit, he will run again.  And if the Dems don't come up with someone to rally behind, it will be like 2016 all over again.

The Midwest is still sick of the liberalization of the country.  The biggest story around these parts is the New York State abortion laws.  You want to fire up the conservative base, few things will do it quite like abortion.  Also, they are livid about the refusal to fund the border wall, viewing it as petty politics and games from the Dems.

Maybe the rust belt is turning against him?  Maybe FL, NC and AZ turn against him?  But in the Midwest, he is still going to win.  I am still shocked at his win and how much he dominated Missouri.  Ideally, I wish he wouldn't run again, but I think that is a pipe dream.  If there is another lame candidate like Clinton was, we may have to deal with 4 more years of this crap.
I don't know what your experience is, but unless it's in the suburban Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit and Milwaukee areas (and to a lesser extent Orlando, Charlotte, Raleigh, Phoenix and Atlanta) that supported him in 2016 but turned against the GOP in 2018 it's basically irrelevant, as is mine. Those are the people who get to decide our next president.  Related- our system is so stupid, but that's a discussion for another time.

And in any event the Dems don't need to win Trump voters over. He only got 46% of the vote in 2016. If the 2020 candidate wins over just a few third party voters who hated Clinton and bumps youth/minority turnout a fraction it's over ... unless Trump actually wins over new voters.

Users who are viewing this thread