What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

why does this forum re-load old comments when replying to a thread? (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
first of all it sometimes takes 30 - 60 seconds after clicking the 'submit' button for a reply to appear. when that happens and you reply in the same thread at some point in the future.. your previous  typing appears in the reply box. sometimes partially written. sometimes with a previously quoted post. 

the only way to get rid of the reply is posting it, then hiding it. 

and even then sometimes the original reply still comes back down the line.

what can be done to fix this irritation?

shiftless, non-caring developers.

string one up in front of "big software's" front lobby with a sign stapled to their chest that says "I didn't care about our user's experience."

then let's see how those customer satisfaction numbers improve.  

first of all it sometimes takes 30 - 60 seconds after clicking the 'submit' button for a reply to appear. when that happens and you reply in the same thread at some point in the future.. your previous  typing appears in the reply box. sometimes partially written. sometimes with a previously quoted post. 

In your case?  Just post, & then  hide all your comments anyway ....hth

This doesn't happen for me.

It is only there for me if I start a reply and back out for whatever reason then return to the thread and try and reply. 

It's the way it is designed, I believe so you don't lose a reply that you had been typing.

This doesn't happen for me.

It is only there for me if I start a reply and back out for whatever reason then return to the thread and try and reply. 

It's the way it is designed, I believe so you don't lose a reply that you had been typing.
i'm trying to forget most of what i posted, not be reminded of it.

Well there is that.

It only does it if you haven't submitted, right?
nope. does it even when i submit replies.

in fact i responded to a thread yesterday... evening, i think.  when i read the thread today and hit the reply button, there was yesterday's post.. half-completed. the forum didn't error out mid-reply yesterday or anything. nothing remarkable about it at all. 

it was the cover band playing Wonderwall reply. previous replies came up twice in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

in fact i responded to a thread yesterday... evening, i think.  when i read the thread today and hit the reply button, there was yesterday's post.. half-completed. the forum didn't error out mid-reply yesterday or anything. nothing remarkable about it at all. 

it was the cover band playing Wonderwall reply. previous replies came up twice in a row.
Weird. Mine only does it on unsubmitted replies.

Your stuff is broken. Sorry man!

It only happens for me it I start replying to a post and then change my mind.  If I go back it saved my work.  I've never had a problem deleting it, though.

Annoying, but what's even more annoying is when you spend time composing a post and for whatever reason the submit reply button gets deactivated. You have to copy your post, go out, and come back in again. This happens for me in busy threads where others are posting at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You used to have to delete it manually but now there is a clear editor option so it doesn't bother me at all now.

You used to have to delete it manually but now there is a clear editor option so it doesn't bother me at all now.
what about quotes that keep re-appearing? can't delete those, can you? i can't. gotta submit the post, hide it & hope it doesn't re-appear again.

Try turning your computer off, then back on again. 

The "clear editor" button used to work for me, but it stopped working for me about a week or two ago.  It works to remove for that post, but the saved/deleted draft still pops back up the next time that I try to reply in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread