What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Howard Schultz 2019 presidential annoucement (1 Viewer)

I think his goal was to blackmail the Democratic party. "Don't run someone interested in trying to fix wealth inequality (Warren etc.) or I will run as a spoiler to try and help Trump win."

I think his goal was to blackmail the Democratic party. "Don't run someone interested in trying to fix wealth inequality (Warren etc.) or I will run as a spoiler to try and help Trump win."
I don't think it was anything so sinister.  I think it was more that he wants to be President but realizes he has no chance in the Democratic primaries.

I don't think it was anything so sinister.  I think it was more that he wants to be President but realizes he has no chance in the Democratic primaries.
Yes, his spokesperson (official or unofficial, maybe just an advisor or friend) said on a podcast (I don't remember which one) that Schultz will definitely not help Trump win. He'd drop out if it looked like that was going to happen.

It seems like Schultz's position is "Trump is horrible, someone needs to defeat him in 2020, I hope it's me because I have an extremely high opinion of myself, and I hope it's not a far leftist because they're lame, but it definitely needs to be somebody.'

Last edited by a moderator:
From Maria Bartiromo interview the other day...

On the Democrat side, the Green New Deal is fantasy. There are well intentioned people that are trying to do good things, but let’s not throw things against the wall that they themselves know are not going to stick.”

“far left and far right” are at extremes and not working together for the good of the American people.

“The Affordable Care Act provided 20 million Americans with insurance, we should go back and fix it, not eradicate it,” he said. “And in regards to the Green New Deal, Medicare for all is not the answer.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/howard-schultz-rips-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-trump-obamacare-purge

Stance on other issues from CNBC interview:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/howard-schultz-on-hot-political-topics-gun-control-taxes-immigration.html

Users who are viewing this thread