What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devin Singletary, NYG (4 Viewers)

Rotoworld take:

Bills RB Devin Singletary (hamstring) returned to practice Thursday.

Singletary should still be considered questionable for the Bills' Week 4 matchup against the Patriots. Even if he ultimately suits up, Frank Gore is expected to continue to get plenty of reps as the offense's early-down RB. T.J. Yeldon is also a candidate to steal some pass-down work. None are recommended fantasy plays this week in a crowded backfield against the Patriots' league-best defense.

SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter.

Sep 26, 2019, 12:10 PM ET

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41078079-4

Practice notes from Thursday: RB Devin Singletary practiced for the first time since injuring his hamstring against the Giants in week 2. It didn't appear to be in limited fashion but either way, it's an important development for one of the Bills' best offensive playmakers ...

😎
We'll know later when the team has to issue their official practice report, but I'm not sure how a reporter would know whether he was limited or not as the media does not have access to much beyond warm-ups and a few individual drills 

Great news.

I wouldn't start him this week anyway. 

I also wonder how much usage Gore will get moving forward as I have both (and don't wanna keep both). 
I have a spot I own him in where I also won't start him, but only because I have other better options. Otherwise if he is healthy and plays it would seem like a good week to start him. 

Agreed, but it's a huge divisional game for the Bills with both teams at 3-0, and Singletary is clearly a playmaker. 
Oh yeah, sure, but as someone who rosters him I'd hope they'd listen to my voice in the wilderness telling them it wasn't really that important of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, sure, but as someone who rosters him I'd hope they'd listen to my voice in the wilderness telling them it wasn't really that important of a game.
The Bills have been pretty conservative dealing with injuries this year so far. If they play him, I would feel pretty comfortable assuming there's no risk of further injury.

The Bills have been pretty conservative dealing with injuries this year so far. If they play him, I would feel pretty comfortable assuming there's no risk of further injury.
Cool. I'd imagine they're thinking of the long haul. Or, I hope they would, not even jokingly for my fantasy team, but for their playoff hope's sake. 

Yeah, I'm actually shocked by this.  I was hoping to have him back for TEN the following week but even pessimistic on that one because the bye is so close.

Edit: It looks like Feliciano (RG) might be able to go too, which helps the whole offense.

Great news.

I wouldn't start him this week anyway. 

I also wonder how much usage Gore will get moving forward as I have both (and don't wanna keep both). 
In the same boat in a couple of leagues, it sucks. They're going to limit each other's upside and you have to use 2 roster spots on the Bills backfield. I don't see Gore going away until later in the season though. I just hope McDermott gets creative and finds way to get the ball into Singletary's hands through the ground or the air even if he's only playing around 50% of the snaps. 10+ touches a game with an uptick to 15+ down the stretch would be ideal. 

rockaction said:
Hope they're not rushing him along for NE. It's so early, and there are playoffs to be had. 
Agreed, but it may have been last week with him capable of playing and they decided to give a full week and be 100. And if he is without limitation today, how he feels tomorrow and Saturday are huge.

Devin Singletary (hamstring) practiced again Friday.

It's his second straight practice after returning to a limited session Thursday. Even if he draws the questionable label, we'd anticipate Singletary suiting up against New England. Singletary's return would push T.J. Yeldon, who logged 10 touches in his absence last week, back to the bench.

SOURCE: Sal Capaccio on Twitter

Sep 27, 2019, 11:38 AM ET

If he plays we gotta think about starting him right? I imagine they’ll have to be throwing to him a decent bit

I’m hurting with bell on bye and only Darrel Williams or Justin Jackson to play. Probably flip a coin or something

If he plays we gotta think about starting him right? I imagine they’ll have to be throwing to him a decent bit

I’m hurting with bell on bye and only Darrel Williams or Justin Jackson to play. Probably flip a coin or something
Isn't Jackson questionable to play, too?

Isn't Jackson questionable to play, too?
Yeah seems like he picked something up yesterday. I don’t know if I love just hoping the chargers blow them out and rest ekeler early enough for Jackson anyways. Especially with MG3 coming back soon 

Yeah seems like he picked something up yesterday. I don’t know if I love just hoping the chargers blow them out and rest ekeler early enough for Jackson anyways. Especially with MG3 coming back soon 
Yeah, I can see that. I'm not pushing you in any way, by the way, I was just making sure you knew his status.

Debating him over J Gordon/Darrell/Rojo for my flex

Jeff Ratcliffe‏Verified account @JeffRatcliffe

Dalvin Cook leads the NFL with 7 runs of 15-plus yards on 57 carries this season.

Devin Singletary has 5 on 10 carries.

9:46 AM - 25 Sep 2019

------------------------------------
Buffalo Bills news: Devin Singletary’s status vs. Patriots

On Friday’s injury report Singletary was listed as questionable as he continues to work back from a hamstring injury suffered in a Week 2 win against the New York Giants. Singletary practiced on Thursday and Friday on a limited basis and Bills coach Sean McDermott said he was able to do some nice things and got some work in on Friday.

He looked good today and we’ll see when I get another report (on Saturday),” McDermott said.

... (RB Frank) Gore added at the end of the interview: “He’s looking real good.”

Bills RB Devin Singletary (Hamstring) not Expected to Play Vs. Patriots

9/29/19 7:49 AM ET

DEVIN SINGLETARY

Buffalo Bills

Bills RB Devin Singletary (Hamstring) not Expected to Play Vs. Patriots

Singletary is likely to miss his second straight game due to a hamstring injury. In the rookie’s absence last week, the ageless Frank Gore was efficient on his 14 carries, turning them into 76 yards and a score. Gore and T.J. Yeldon are less attractive today vs. the Patriots, however, who rank first in rush DVOA in 2019. With the Bills projected to score just 17.75 points, these RBs are not viable DFS options this week as seven-point dogs vs. an elite defense.

Devin Singletary (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

This puts Singletary on track to return this week against the Titans after he practiced Thursday and Friday last week before missing Week 4. Singletary has missed the last two games. He'd push T.J. Yeldon back to the bench.

SOURCE: Mark Gaughan on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 11:44 AM ET

Bills' Devin Singletary: Practicing for third straight day

by RotoWire Staff
(2 hrs ago) Singletary (hamstring) participated in Friday's practice, Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic reports.

Singletary was limited both Wednesday and Thursday, but with him taking the field Friday, he has now taken part in all three of the Bills' official practice sessions this week. Head coach Sean McDermott was non-committal about Singletary's status when asked Thursday, but he will have a chance to return to action this week against the Titans.
Not expecting much but I am kinda forced to use him if he plays Sunday. 

Devin Singletary (questionable, hamstring) is a game-time decision for Week 5 against the Titans.

The Bills want to see how Singletary looks at Saturday's walkthrough before making a decision on him. It sounds like his status won't be known until Sunday morning. Even if he plays, Singletary's snaps figure to be limited in what's shaping up as a three-back committee.

SOURCE: buffalobills.com

Oct 5, 2019, 11:26 AM ET

If he's still hobbled a bit then I'd rather just have him sit out. Not worth the risk for the Bills to have him re-aggravate the injury and end up missing even more time. 

If he's still hobbled a bit then I'd rather just have him sit out. Not worth the risk for the Bills to have him re-aggravate the injury and end up missing even more time. 
This really feels similar to the Chubb situation last season. He got very few carries early on even though he was clearly the best back in the team. Hopefully, Singletary takes over just as Chubb did. 

I was kind of hoping that today would be his coming out party.

If he's not 100%, he should sit. But if he's ready.......let's see what he's got.

I was kind of hoping that today would be his coming out party.

If he's not 100%, he should sit. But if he's ready.......let's see what he's got.
He's out, and I believe it's because of the rain.  I think we all expect him to be good to go after the bye.

He should be back. That's the hype at least here in Buffalo. Nice schedule coming up. Trying to buy where I can. Somebody wanted Brandin Cooks and a defensive player for him in my one league though.

Has anything official about his playing status been released?

Agree that he'll be worked back slowly, but think he may be primed for a solid second half.

Was just offered Singletary for Sutton, so wondering about any further news of Singletary's progression.

Has anything official about his playing status been released?
no, but returning to practice is a big sign for this kind of injury. With a hammy or groin, I’ve always found it’s all or nothing. If he’s on the practice field running around he’s likely past the injury. They held him out longer than I’d expected, which is probably smart for the nature of the injury. 

Agree that he'll be worked back slowly, but think he may be primed for a solid second half.
agreed. Gore is not ageless, and while I don’t really expect him to break down because he’s superhuman, even he gets bumps & bruises. They were a full blown committee, with Singletary looking like the better PPR play before the hammy. 

not sure if they dive right back into that, but he gives then another receiving weapon. I don’t need him this week, but I’ve got some BYEs coming up & he should make a solid flex or RB2 play. 

was just offered Singletary for Sutton, so wondering about any further news of Singletary's progression.
That’s super close. I have Sutton in dynasty & love the dude. He’s held back by Flacco a bit this year.  In this case it depends entirely on your depth at WR & need for a RB. If Sutton is your WR3-4 & you have a suitable replacement, I think you make that deal. 

if you need a guy this week, I’d wait to see the practice reports first. If he’s full, go for it. If he’s still limited, maybe wait a week. 

Devin Singletary (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 7 against the Dolphins.

Singletary hasn't played since Week 2 but was very close to returning Week 5 ahead of last week's bye. The Bills decided to play it safe and get him back to 100% for the final 10 weeks. Singletary should immediately be inserted back into fantasy lineups for a dream spot against the Dolphins, even if Frank Gore is going to remain involved in this backfield.
:football:

Users who are viewing this thread