What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Many Dwellings Have You Lived In? (1 Viewer)

Chemical X

Footballguy
In the background, an insurance TV commercial said Americans, on average, will live in 11 homes.

I thought this sounded extraordinarily high.  My wife is at 9, i am at 7.

Not counting student housing/college......what’s your number?  From birth on......

Last edited by a moderator:
I take that insurance commercial to include student housing.  But if not, then retirement housing must bring the average of between old rich people having multiple houses (winter/summer) or people moving from various states of care as they age.

Either way, I'm at four houses, and 8 total homes.

Birth to 2, house

Six months of that spend in DC suburbs (townhouse, could be considered house depending on the definition I guess)

Moved back to MN at 2, parents bought a new house and lived there until after college.

Three different apartments post college.

Starter home.

Current home.

Yeah, i'm confused about the question.  Is an apartment a home?  What about a townhouse or condo that I rented but didn't own?  What about shacking up with a girl for a long period of time but not paying rent :bag:  ?  So much questions.

My name has been on the lease of 3 apartments, 1 condo, 1 townhouse and I've owned 2 houses.  So, 7.  

Yeah, i'm confused about the question.  Is an apartment a home?  What about a townhouse or condo that I rented but didn't own?  What about shacking up with a girl for a long period of time but not paying rent :bag:  ?  So much questions.

My name has been on the lease of 3 apartments, 1 condo, 1 townhouse and I've owned 2 houses.  So, 7.  
domicile?  house, apartment, condo......all the same for this.

Oh man, I would really have to think about this.  Not counting college?  It would still be a challenge to think about all the apartments I had from after college until I started living with my now-wife.  And since then there've been a few too.  I'm gonna guess 10-12.

i got 24 and i'm sure i've missed a couple. didn't count cohabitations, even past six months, because i always kept a permanent address outside the relationship when i moved in with someone

16 (including college as a lump sum of 1)

What if my mother and I lived with my grandmother, then moved out, then moved back in?  Is that 1 or 2 tally marks with respects to my grandmother's domicile?

2 homes with parents prior to college

an apartment then a condo after college

bought a house when i got married

rented a house when i got divorced

purchased my current home.

i got 24 and i'm sure i've missed a couple. didn't count cohabitations, even past six months, because i always kept a permanent address outside the relationship when i moved in with someone
24 seems the winner.  if you are 48, you’ve moved every 2 years?

24 seems the winner.  if you are 48, you’ve moved every 2 years?
mid-60s. 2 addresses in VT while me Da went to school, 9 mo in Queens (Da's 1st Job), Boston growing up, Salem for HS, homeless runaway for a yr and a half (lived under bridges, in scorekeeper's booths in municipal ballparks and in hippie collectives, counted none of them), two addresses in Salem as a young bach, commune in NM, house in Santa Fe, 2 places in Albq, Upper East Side Manhattan, 2 more places in Albq, Soho Manhattan, 3 places in Reno, 1 in Sacramento, hunting cabin in NH where i detoxed when my wife died, Tacoma for a summer, house in Albq (@ 15 yrs, by far my longest address), carriage house behind my bff's house outside Boston, my parents tomb in VT

In the background, an insurance TV commercial said Americans, on average, will live in 11 homes.

I thought this sounded extraordinarily high.  My wife is at 9, i am at 7.

Not counting student housing/college......what’s your number?  From birth on......
If we are talking "so far in my life" and all places (Apartments, Houses, etc.).. We moved so many times in my childhood.. Apartment to apartment, city to city.
I'd say at the minimum 20.. But guessing higher..

Heck, from the time I turned 18 to now (51) it is around 12 ... :oldunsure:

I'm 44

24 different places not including any time spent in school.  I had lived in 2 when I turned 21.

Users who are viewing this thread