What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest "Other" Sports Movie? (1 Viewer)

Best Wrestling Movie?

• Beyond the Mat (1999)

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Foxcatcher (2014)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Nacho Libre (2006)

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • No Holds Barred (1989)

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Ready To Rumble (2000)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Vision Quest (1985)

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • Warrior (2011)

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Win Win (2011)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The Wrestler (2008)

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • OTHER

Votes: 20 14.4%

• Total voters

Hov34

Eephus's Great Great Great Love Child
I know I'll miss some "other" movies.  Feel free to add them and be mad at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird: Went with Tin Cup, Rocky, a movie/doc I'd seen online about soccer hooliganism (other) and hadn't seen any of the wrestling movies so didn't feel like I should vote. I think I've seen Vision Quest, but have forgotten it. 

So, that's my vote.  

caddyshack, other/requiem for a heavyweight, victory (like dis, like dis, like dis, goal), the wrestler.

and lame for the other/don't cares only for the last two. 

Went with Caddyshack, Rocky, Kicking and Screaming, Ready to Rumble.

To be fair I've never seen any other soccer or wrestling movie beyond the ones I listed. Pretty sure Kicking and Screaming came out in the 00's after Will Ferrell had done Old School and Anchorman. It's a shame Greatest Game Ever Played isn't getting any love. Real good flick, just up against strong competition.

For me, it came down to choosing between 2 movies all but the soccer category (went victory).

golf -- caddyshack vs tin cup - went tin cup
boxing -- raging bull vs rocky - went rocky
wrestling -- foxcatcher vs vision quest - went vision quest

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Golf - Caddyshack and it's not close

Boxing - Raging Bull

Soccer - DON'T CARE (which is :lmao: because it's leading as I type this)

Wrestling - The Wrestler. Randy the Ram is such a pathetic character and one I've seen a few times on the indy circuit.

Bike Race Movie:

Breaking Away  Rad

The Reviews are not good:

-The whole thing reminds you more of an overanxious teacher or coach, taking a few slang words and repeating them endlessly in a doomed attempt to "relate."

-The bicycle acrobatics behind the credits at the opening of Rad are so spectacular that you wonder what the movie can do to improve on them. The short answer is, nothing.

-Any film calling itself Rad had best be taken with a grain of salt, regardless of its subject matter. As it happens, the subject matter of Rad constitutes probably the dorkiest storyline we've seen this year.

-Conner's screen debut is inauspicious -- to put it kindly -- in the quality of both his acting and the material chosen, and someone else is obviously doing his riding.

-Rad fits so snugly into Needham's oeuvre that it's unclear whether the movie is an excuse for the 8 minute BMX montage that opens Rad or he's just lazy about setting up the slobs vs. snobs beats in his 30 year-old-teenagers in high school magnum opus.

Skateboarding - Gleaming The Cube
dogtown and z-boys doc is pretty great too. (don't know gleaming the cube)

also,

Riding Giants or Endless Summer- surfing movies

eta: just looked up gleaming the cube... whoa- story-line grabber!

-Rad fits so snugly into Needham's oeuvre that it's unclear whether the movie is an excuse for the 8 minute BMX montage that opens Rad or he's just lazy about setting up the slobs vs. snobs beats in his 30 year-old-teenagers in high school magnum opus.
Don't blame Hal Needham!  :boxing:

I'm surprised Warrior hasn't received more votes.  That movie was really, really good, imo.  Of course, it was MMA, not wrestling.

Caddyshack

Diggstown

Victory

Vision Quest

Need a "Karate" category

Users who are viewing this thread