What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuff happening lately that reminds you you're getting older (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
State your age and something new that's recently occurred that reminds you you're getting older.

42 - recently started getting gray arm hairs.  I also need to pull things further away from my face to read small print.  

Last edited by a moderator:
47 and the memory has really faded.  That might be the most disturbing for me.  Running injuries that lasted a week or two now can take a few months.

44-my 12 year old daughter is almost as tall as I am (and already blew past the wife)

45 - The sciatica or whatever the hell it is is getting worse and worse in my left leg when I stand or walk for shorter periods of time.

43 -

need to sleep with a CPAP

when throwing out the garbage from my 13 yr old daughter's bathroom, found the packaging of feminine products.  Wasn't aware that Aunt Flow had visited her yet.

I'm still better than my 3 kids at hoops :shamgod:

I'm 43, and too many of these hit close to home for me.  

I get asked regularly, when getting my haircut, if I want my eyebrows trimmed.  This never happened prior to maybe a year ago.  

I have to take my glasses off (or contacts out) in order to read things on my phone, particularly at night.

Somewhat related.... I have started to use my Iphone flashlight feature, just to read menus at certain dimly-lit restaurants.  

Lastly, my left hip has been bothering me when I get out of my car lately.  Not stabbing pains or anything, but just enough discomfort that I have that "God... I'm getting old" thought go through my mind.  

Ugh.  

38 - Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit has shown up on the local “oldies” radio station (not a specifically classic rock station, either)

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
TheIronSheik said:
45 - Had to buy my first pair of readers 
44 here and I use them all the time now - just occasionally last year.  

Some others:

- grey in my whiskers and pubes 

- my 20 year wedding anniversary is this year 

- will have a Senior in HS starting in August

- will have two of my kids driving in July

42 - I'm starting to feel pervy flirting with college-aged waitresses. 

I'll technically be a grandpa by the end of February.  

50- everything hurts. have continued to use readers as mostly all-day glasses. right nut hanging lower than left. hair is relocating from top of head to other parts of my head and face. forgot what else I was about to say. get off my lawn. 

39 - was last year but when the You Must Be Born On Or Before This Date To Buy Alcohol and the date was the year I graduated high school 

48 - currently have a thumb strain going on its 5th week of pain. What caused this strain? I'm really not sure. 

50- everything hurts. have continued to use readers as mostly all-day glasses. right nut hanging lower than left. hair is relocating from top of head to other parts of my head and face. forgot what else I was about to say. get off my lawn. 
But the scarf makes you look not a day over 49.

41 - I can't lose weight very easily, my knee swells up for no reason and I'm having to squint to see the small print.

Also, I do have my 1st grandson being born in June.  Sheesh, that will make you feel old.

43 here.  Finally need readers, can barely make it past 11pm, just 2 beers make me feel like crap, and so many aches and pains.  Oh yeah, and ####### ear hair. 

47 - Have to take picture of cooking directions and then enlarge picture to be able to read the directions.
a friend- who's a couple years older than me- uses his phone camera to read menus, zooming in. refuses to get readers.

47 - Have to take picture of cooking directions and then enlarge picture to be able to read the directions.
I have to do this on my health insurance card to get the number off it.  I'm usually good everywhere else (menus, etc.)

Parrothead said:
51- struggle to read menus in dim light
One thing I learned back in my 40s, most restaurants have readers available for use.  I have about a dozen pair scattered around our house, my office, our cars, briefcases, travel bags. One of my biggest nightmares is to be caught somewhere without reading glasses.

54 - I wear glasses for distance but now have to take them off to read, especially in a dimly lit restaurant. I would rather sacrifice a little distance vision to be able to keep them on while reading but apparently, that's not how it works. Or I wind up looking over my glasses like a real old man.

I tend to spread myself thin on a lot of different projects and I find it harder to focus on one and at times get nothing done.

37 - mainly that the music I grew up listening to like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc... is lumped in on the radio with the music all of you old people in here listened to like Rush and Zeppelin.  Otherwise, I’m prime. 

By the way, had chronic lower back pain since I was around 34 and when I bought a tempurpedic bed they magically disappeared.  Still acts up from time to time but sleeping on an expensive bed has made all the difference.

On the plus side, though, we are very stable financially and if I want something, I just go buy it and it is no big thing.  The same could not be said in my earlier years.  If only the money and youth lined up better, but it does make it a little more tolerable.

Coworker had never heard of Nirvana, the band.
I went out to eat at a diner after a recent class with some younger people (mid-20's) One guy mentioned having a photo of his liked by Courtney Love. The girl with us asked who that is. He said he had to look it up and she was married to the guy who sang in Nirvana. She said she heard of Nirvana but I'm not sure if she really did.

Users who are viewing this thread