What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuff happening lately that reminds you you're getting older (1 Viewer)

Fell twice in the last two days on ice in the driveway.  Last night I fell right on my knee ripping my pants, and ripping the skin off my knee.  In the old days, this would have been a slip, wobble, and catch my balance.  Knee is sore and pants are ruined.

Slipped this morning in a different spot, and would have fallen except the railing caught me as I fell sideways on it.  Back is now sore from the collision.
Man, I do NOT miss that about the Twin Cities.  It's 70 degrees in SoCal today.  :)

New to this thread so perhaps this has been covered....

I spent 45 minutes with a sales associate at the New Balance store on Saturday.  I can no longer walk 5 miles a day without sharp pain in my heels and feet from plantar fasciitis.  Dealt with it for a year before finally caving and going in for help.  I was the youngest non-sales associate in there by at least 15 years.  But you know what?  These giant, old-people sneakers are worth every single penny I paid for them (and I paid 3x what I normally do for running shoes) and my pain has subsided in a hurry.  :thumbup:

I find I am willing to sit on the toilet to use a public restroom now.  It may not be a sign of aging, rather a sign of maturity.

I find I am willing to sit on the toilet to use a public restroom now.  It may not be a sign of aging, rather a sign of maturity.
Heh. If I were troubled by using a public toilet ... I'd have to either start with Depends or never leave the house.

Stuff happening lately remind me I'm getting older: Zero-to-60 urination urges. Doesn't matter what amount I drink or when I drink it. I go from "absolutely no feeling of having to pee" to "I just chugged a 12-pack and gotta go NOW!!!" in under a minute.

There is obviously a mental component, though ... because sometimes if I am in an environment where it's really inconvenient to go (e.g. road trip) ... that strong urge won't come. But as soon as I get out the car after an hour or two of straight driving ... yeah, I got at best five minutes to find a can.

Also: Maybe 8 out of 10 times ... moving from a seated to a standing position causes a urination urge. Regardless of when I last peed, what I've had to drink and when, etc.

When I leave work, I'll forget that I locked the door by the time I walk down to the car which is 20 feet away. So I get out of my car, walk up to the door, and double check. 100% of the time it's locked.

It's gotten to the point where I pull the door 3 times to make sure, because it gives me one extra thing to remember when I get into the car.

New Balance is actually pretty popular in the sneaker world.  they don't just make the classic dad shoe model anymore.

hell, even Kawhi is sponsored and wearing their clothes & shoes

When I leave work, I'll forget that I locked the door by the time I walk down to the car which is 20 feet away. So I get out of my car, walk up to the door, and double check. 100% of the time it's locked.

It's gotten to the point where I pull the door 3 times to make sure, because it gives me one extra thing to remember when I get into the car.
:lol:  I am SO glad this is not just me.  I have to whisper to myself "closed and locked" as am closing the door to leave the house in the morning.  Invariably, though, I will get into my car and have to run back to check.  Probably 2-3 times a week.  "Daddy, where did you go?"   :oldunsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
i put together 4 chairs this weekend.  allen wrench crap, etc.  was on my knees a bit.  by tuesday i was at the spine and pain doctor scheduling a  peroneal nerve knee block shot.  

New Balance is actually pretty popular in the sneaker world.  they don't just make the classic dad shoe model anymore.

When I think caring about fashion and giving two craps about what you look like...I think Kawhi. 

I actually bought a nice pair a couple years ago.  They were nice and felt great.  But every time I wore them, my wife and daughter would roast me non stop.  So I bought some uncomfortable Nikes.  

I'm having issues with one of my wrist, and ready to head out to have it checked by my doctor.  Why every time I get ready to go see the doctor for anything, I stress about having the doctor gloving up and performing the old Moon River procedure?*  It has nothing to do to my wrist, he's not going to do it, but I still worry and prep like its going to happen (not in a wishful thinking kind of way).  

*The doctor has only checked out back there once, but believe me, it got my attention.  I'm just guessing, but I think his wife buys him extra large gloves for Christmas.

I'm having issues with one of my wrist, and ready to head out to have it checked by my doctor.  Why every time I get ready to go see the doctor for anything, I stress about having the doctor gloving up and performing the old Moon River procedure?*  It has nothing to do to my wrist, he's not going to do it, but I still worry and prep like its going to happen (not in a wishful thinking kind of way).  

*The doctor has only checked out back there once, but believe me, it got my attention.  I'm just guessing, but I think his wife buys him extra large gloves for Christmas.
they dont do that anymore...

Has this happened to anyone else?  You had a Hollywood crush on someone when you were young.  Then you go back now and rewatch a movie they are in and think they aren't attractive anymore?  I mean, they are the same age.  And then there are people who I didn't find attractive that I now see in old movies that I now think are beautiful.  
The opposite. I liked that chick from weird science a lot. 

Then for some reason I googled her a couple years ago to see what she looked like now. Bad mistake!

Should maybe consider not using Craigslist to find your ‘doctor’.

It has nothing to do to my wrist, he's not going to do it, but I still worry and prep like its going to happen (not in a wishful thinking kind of way).  
If the doctor tells you to assume the position just ask if he minds if you freshen up first.  

Only my urologist checked that.  What kind of family doctor is doing that each visit?  You might want to get a rape kit.
My family doctor would do it on my yearly check up. I was bummed when they stopped.  I always scheduled with the cute lady doc.   Smaller fingers

Watching some Nascar and they are interviewing the rookies.   They look barely older than my daughter......   Oof

On Friday my wife and I pull into a quik-trip and when I came out I opened the door of a car that wasn’t ours. Two ladies sitting in the car were laughing as I did this.  When I got into our car my wife said as I was walking out of the store, he’s going to do it, yep, he’s going to do it, yes he did it.

On Friday my wife and I pull into a quik-trip and when I came out I opened the door of a car that wasn’t ours. Two ladies sitting in the car were laughing as I did this.  When I got into our car my wife said as I was walking out of the store, he’s going to do it, yep, he’s going to do it, yes he did it.
Older gentleman came up to my car and started to reach for the passenger door. Then he noted my standing there putting gas in the tank. He sheepishly walked to the next set of pumps where he got in the car with what appeared to be his son. Different color, different brand of car. About the only thing in common was we were both at a gas station. At least I'm not THAT bad.

I once came out of the convenience store and got in a car next to a stranger.  The friend I was with laughed her *** off.

I was in my twenties.  I'm doomed.

I once came out of the convenience store and got in a car next to a stranger.  The friend I was with laughed her *** off.

I was in my twenties.  I'm doomed.
Last year I walked into the ladies bathroom at a musical event.  I was wondering why there were no urinals, so I went into a stall.  After I was finished and was washing my hands, a woman walked out of a stall and said, “one of us is wrong”.  I said, yep, that would be me.  When I left the restroom my wife and others were laughing at me.  I Iaughed at myself pretty good at that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I walked into the ladies bathroom at a musical event.  I was wondering why there were no urinals, so I went into a stall.  After I was finished and was washing my hands, a woman walked out of a stall and said, “one of us is wrong”.  I said, yep, that would be me.  When I left the restroom my wife and others were laughing at me.  I Iaughed at myself pretty good at that one.
Just recently in a mall I did my business not even wondering why this mall only had stalls and no urinals in their mens room. Leaving it an older lady gave me an odd smile as she entered.

I did this once but not because I was old.  Was at a seafood restaurant drinking one night.  I get up to use the bathroom and I walk down the hall where they are.  The first door has a Christmas decoration on it, but I can clearly see the GU and S.  The rest is obscured by the decoration.  But, it's obvious it says GUYS.  So I go in and realize there are no urinals.  A lady came in a split second after me and we had a weird moment where I blabbered some excuse and made my way out.  Turns out the doors said BUOYS and GULLS.  

I have since learned to read both doors before entering a bathroom.  

Users who are viewing this thread