What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuff happening lately that reminds you you're getting older (2 Viewers)

I once came out of the convenience store and got in a car next to a stranger.  The friend I was with laughed her *** off.

I was in my twenties.  I'm doomed.
My GF just got a new Ford Escape. Maroon. I have done this twice since October. The first time, the lady even handed me her purse..."I'M SORRY MISS! WRONG CAR! WRONG CAR!" and bolted. The second, no one was in there. Dumb ###.

STOP MAKING VEHICLES THAT LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE.

Or memorize the license plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GF just got a new Ford Escape. Maroon. I have done this twice since October. The first time, the lady even handed me her purse..."I'M SORRY MISS! WRONG CAR! WRONG CAR!" and bolted. The second, no one was in there. Dumb ###.

You should not call her that just because she bought that vehicle. 

Tony Jabroni said:
Doesn't help me.  It was the 80's, and her car was a '64 Plymoth Valiant.  None of the other cars looked like it.

I was in the city a few weeks ago, waiting to pick up my wife, and a woman gets into the back while on the phone, thinking I was her Uber. It took her a couple of seconds.

My daughter just had her second child 18 years after the first one. She was a baby (15) when she had the first one so we basically raised our grand daughter for the first 6 years. We were in our 40s then and it really did not seem difficult or at least I don't remember it being that way. So now we are in our 60s and we volunteered to go to their house and baby sit to save them money. I have to say it seems much harder. As a matter of fact it is kind of kickin my ### and he is not even a toddler yet. Do you think it is because we are in our 60s or am I just being a wuss?

My daughter just had her second child 18 years after the first one. She was a baby (15) when she had the first one so we basically raised our grand daughter for the first 6 years. We were in our 40s then and it really did not seem difficult or at least I don't remember it being that way. So now we are in our 60s and we volunteered to go to their house and baby sit to save them money. I have to say it seems much harder. As a matter of fact it is kind of kickin my ### and he is not even a toddler yet. Do you think it is because we are in our 60s or am I just being a wuss?
I think it shows your judgment is getting worse as you get older. 😀 I told my kids the same thing my mom told me when I got married. I'm here for the occasional helpful afternoon watching kids in a pinch, but I'm not free full time day care. I can't imagine doing this in my 60s. But I realize everyone is different. Good luck!

I think it shows your judgment is getting worse as you get older. 😀 I told my kids the same thing my mom told me when I got married. I'm here for the occasional helpful afternoon watching kids in a pinch, but I'm not free full time day care. I can't imagine doing this in my 60s. But I realize everyone is different. Good luck!
Yea I think your right about my judgment. It's just daycare was going to cost them damn near a grand a month. So I guess this proves the older I get the less judgment I have and that I'm thinking the older you get the harder it is to deal with a 3 month old baby.

Whatever happened to the cool bright colors, or pastel they used to use back in the 50s and 60s?  It seems there are only a few colors to choose from now and all of them are your basic dark red, dark blue, black, white, gold, and silver, with some dark maroon, and occasionally royal blue (but not many)  thrown in.  One exception are some bright red colors which like.   It just seems to me car paint jobs aren't as pretty as they used to be.

ETA:  I also miss chrome and cool spokes for wheels. 

Whatever happened to the cool bright colors, or pastel they used to use back in the 50s and 60s?  It seems there are only a few colors to choose from now and all of them are your basic dark red, dark blue, black, white, gold, and silver, with some dark maroon, and occasionally royal blue (but not many)  thrown in.  One exception are some bright red colors which like.   It just seems to me car paint jobs aren't as pretty as they used to be.

ETA:  I also miss chrome and cool spokes for wheels. 
Sounds like a good way of not getting in someone else’s car is to buy some white walls or chrome rims for your ride. 

Or a giant #######' spoiler (even if it’s a Toyota Corolla) 

Yea I think your right about my judgment. It's just daycare was going to cost them damn near a grand a month. So I guess this proves the older I get the less judgment I have and that I'm thinking the older you get the harder it is to deal with a 3 month old baby.
I would bet you'll be able to adjust to this far easier than your daughter and her family would be able to adjust with $1,000 less per month.  IMO.

I would bet you'll be able to adjust to this far easier than your daughter and her family would be able to adjust with $1,000 less per month.  IMO.
Yes that's the reason we are doing it. We will get a little trade off though her husband is real handy. We need some stuff done around the house that involves the use of a ladder. Which I am definitely to old to be climbing up on.

Isn't child care cost something you consider before deciding to have a child? I guess the fact your line of thinking bothers me a bit is just another sign that getting older makes one a curmudgeon. So add that to the list.

Felt old when they started playing Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, STP, etc. on the Classic Rock station a few years back. Yesterday I heard Staind's "It's Been Awhile," which came out in 2001. :bag:  Aught songs are now officially classic's, ugh.

I was in the city a few weeks ago, waiting to pick up my wife, and a woman gets into the back while on the phone, thinking I was her Uber. It took her a couple of seconds.
Last year, I got in an Uber after a few beers.  Nice young foreign fella as a driver.  Couldn't understand a word of what he was saying.  Smiled and nodded and proceeded to **** with my phone while I waited for him to start driving. I was probably posting here. Maybe a minute later I got an alert on my phone that my Uber would be arriving in 1 minute.  Ooops. No wonder he kept jabbering and wouldn't drive.

Isn't child care cost something you consider before deciding to have a child? 
If one thought about all the bills that come rolling in with kids there wouldn't be any.  Or there would be 1/2 as many as roughly 1/2 the children born are unplanned pregnancies.

Daycare is definitely expensive but they had planned on it. It's just we wanted to save them some money. I just didn't realize how much a 3 month old could take out of you made me feel old. Guess you need to be closer to a spring chicken than an old fart when it comes to taking care of a baby.

Mr R just pointed out that we've been playing computer games that are now old enough to drink.  We also have friends who are younger than some of them.

Sounds like a good way of not getting in someone else’s car is to buy some white walls or chrome rims for your ride. 

No, just looking for better options for colors to cars.  Today's options are pretty bland don't you think?

One thing I do know is if ever I'm involved in a wreck I surely don't want a 57 Chevy hitting me.  That car will tear me a new one with the way cars are built today.

One thing I do know is if ever I'm involved in a wreck I surely don't want a 57 Chevy hitting me.  That car will tear me a new one with the way cars are built today.
My dad had a '59 Cadillac (the one with the great double-bullet red taillights on the big tail fins). He tells the story of pulling into the driveway in Brooklyn across traffic and this dude comes out of no where and slams into the side of him. Caddy had a dented door and the other dude's front end was totaled. :)  

My dad had a Bel Air that he drove up until about 1992 or so. That thing coulda been the Popemobile with no body modifications. “Bulletproof” wasn’t hyperbole with those old Chevys.

Thinking old cars are safer than new cars might be another sign you're getting older.

Talking about "style" is a different subject.  :)  

I will say that my '91 Jeep Cherokee went through a brief storm with pool ball sized hail about 7 years ago with only minor damage.  The newer cars in the same parking were not so lucky.  

WDIK2 said:
 Thinking old cars are safer than new cars might be another sign you're getting older.

Talking about "style" is a different subject.  :)  

I will say that my '91 Jeep Cherokee went through a brief storm with pool ball sized hail about 7 years ago with only minor damage.  The newer cars in the same parking were not so lucky.  
That really opened my eyes, but I'd still rather be in a 57 chevy over most newer cars ;)

Still going well. down ~10lbs and feel great. 

Taking a 48hr hiatus for a Bach party in Atlanta for a wedding I'm standing in. Then back on the wagon.

May keep it going to Fri March 6th as makeup. May not. Will see :)  
I honestly thought icon was planning to drink and listen to classical music

My god, #######' nose hair.  I have gone from maintaining it monthly to needing to do it weekly.  What in the actual eff?   :sadbanana:

nirad3 said:
I have a beard and shave the neck and cheeks probably 2-3 times a week.  I should probably just do the nose while I'm at it but I fear it would grow even faster.  Drives me nuts.
Also, reminds me of an ENT (ear/nose/throat) doctor that I went to a few years ago.  Dude had the most nose hair I'd ever seen.  Dude, you're an ENT doc and you let that stuff grow?  

Also, reminds me of an ENT (ear/nose/throat) doctor that I went to a few years ago.  Dude had the most nose hair I'd ever seen.  Dude, you're an ENT doc and you let that stuff grow?  
guy is just letting his nose hair do its natural job of protecting his immune system.

embrace the walrus within you

the weirdest thing to me is these hair nose/ear dudes who are married. Their wives let them out of the house like that?  Don't even subtly mention "dear, you might want to trim the ol' schnozz"

the weirdest thing to me is these hair nose/ear dudes who are married. Their wives let them out of the house like that?  Don't even subtly mention "dear, you might want to trim the ol' schnozz"
My wife has let me out of the house numerous times with an inside out polo shirt, some are just not up to the task. Also wearing a polo shirt every day seems like something old people do. 

My wife has let me out of the house numerous times with an inside out polo shirt, some are just not up to the task. Also wearing a polo shirt every day seems like something old people do. 
Wearing a YELLOW polo today.  It's very yellow.  

Oaks

@OakHill_

·Dec 4, 2017

Brain: You’re getting older.

Heart: No!! Age is just a number!!

Nose Hair: Shut up guys, I’m in charge now.
:lol:

Also, :sadbanana:

Except that I started getting that when I was about 36.  Mr R finds it hilarious.  (He's five years younger than I am.)
That is funny. When I got on AARP I started getting it. A couple years later it increased. Mr. Alex Trebek's commercial almost got my dad. It's $9.95 a month! Yeah but for that amount, what benefits do you receive. Yeah, no thanks.  

That is funny. When I got on AARP I started getting it. A couple years later it increased. Mr. Alex Trebek's commercial almost got my dad. It's $9.95 a month! Yeah but for that amount, what benefits do you receive. Yeah, no thanks.  
I never looked.  What benefits do you receive?  

Which has lot to do with why I don't buy financial products on the phone or online.

I never looked.  What benefits do you receive?  

Which has lot to do with why I don't buy financial products on the phone or online.
I didn't look closely but it's you get what you pay for. For elderly people like my dad, he's better off not doing it. They air this commercial a lot during the day. The people they show excited about this are older people. This pisses me off. You won't get what you imagine at this rate if you are older.

I get offers from AARP mostly since I'm a member. $14.95 a month! But then you get asked about your medical history. Well, with a cancer history it sure won't be this rate. Once I saw that question I realised that it's not going to be beneficial if I do qualify. Perhaps I should have gotten it before 50 hit but who's thinking about this when 49 years has been health event free. Not even a broken bone. If I could go back in time, at 30 I would have gotten life insurance and long term care insurance, especially the latter. Many of us are headed to assisted living and until my friend's mother was admitted, I thought Medicare would cover something. It covers nothing. Pretty scary that young people don't have on their minds.

Came home yesterday to 2 Amazon packages waiting by the door.

"What the hell is this stuff?"  Maybe that's a bonus of getting older.  Order stuff off Amazon and it feels like you're opening Christmas presents a couple days later.
I have to check what I've ordered. I used to remember this stuff. 😟

I didn't look closely but it's you get what you pay for. For elderly people like my dad, he's better off not doing it. They air this commercial a lot during the day. The people they show excited about this are older people. This pisses me off. You won't get what you imagine at this rate if you are older.

I get offers from AARP mostly since I'm a member. $14.95 a month! But then you get asked about your medical history. Well, with a cancer history it sure won't be this rate. Once I saw that question I realised that it's not going to be beneficial if I do qualify. Perhaps I should have gotten it before 50 hit but who's thinking about this when 49 years has been health event free. Not even a broken bone. If I could go back in time, at 30 I would have gotten life insurance and long term care insurance, especially the latter. Many of us are headed to assisted living and until my friend's mother was admitted, I thought Medicare would cover something. It covers nothing. Pretty scary that young people don't have on their minds.
A lot of those policies end when you get to the age when you need them.  We really do need better health care in this country.

I don't even see the AARP junk mail.  I've ignored that stuff for so long, I just edit it out of my vision.

A lot of those policies end when you get to the age when you need them.  We really do need better health care in this country.

I don't even see the AARP junk mail.  I've ignored that stuff for so long, I just edit it out of my vision.
I'm not holding my breath for changes to occur in my lifetime but I pray for future generations. It's outrageous that people die because they can't afford health care. 

feeling old when reading the Better Call Saul thread and not remembering any of the connections to Breaking Bad (a show I watched and loved) that folks are referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread