What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuff happening lately that reminds you you're getting older (1 Viewer)

If I could go back in time, at 30 I would have gotten life insurance and long term care insurance, especially the latter. Many of us are headed to assisted living and until my friend's mother was admitted, I thought Medicare would cover something. It covers nothing. Pretty scary that young people don't have on their minds.
... I don't think I know anything about long-term care insurance. Or if I caught wind of it, I might have mentally lumped it in with "Rolls Royce-level medical insurance".

Cute girls used to smile at me because I was attractive.  Now cute girls smile at me because I'm old and they're being nice.
i've just assumed their smiles are that uneasy facial expression people get when they see someone old trying to stand up from a chair, but worrying they might tip over in the process. that sort of "oh god, i want to look and make sure this goes ok, but not seem like i'm staring..." forced smile.

which, let's be honest is probably right but we've gotta take what we can get

i've just assumed their smiles are that uneasy facial expression people get when they see someone old trying to stand up from a chair, but worrying they might tip over in the process. that sort of "oh god, i want to look and make sure this goes ok, but not seem like i'm staring..." forced smile.

which, let's be honest is probably right but we've gotta take what we can get
you've captured it perfectly.

... I don't think I know anything about long-term care insurance. Or if I caught wind of it, I might have mentally lumped it in with "Rolls Royce-level medical insurance".
Many people don't.  Like many us, we find out when Medicare and other insurances deny it. 

I have four new video games lined up and ready to be played that I got for Christmas. With my wife being ill, I have had ample weekend time as we have basically been homebound. Instead, I am on my third straight book. Yes, I chose reading over the PS4. Would have never thunk it...

I came up behind a car at a stop light that looked something like this. I could see it was a different license plate and I wanted to see what state. Turns out it’s my state when I got close but it says antique on it and I remember cars like that driving around everywhere and doesn’t seem like that long ago. 

I came up behind a car at a stop light that looked something like this. I could see it was a different license plate and I wanted to see what state. Turns out it’s my state when I got close but it says antique on it and I remember cars like that driving around everywhere and doesn’t seem like that long ago. 
My dad has one of those, and he is an "old car" guy.  So yeah.

back when mustangs when from good to "####ty"

ETA:  actually occurred a number of years before this model ...

Last edited by a moderator:
back when mustangs when from good to "####ty"

ETA:  actually occurred a number of years before this model ...
Yeah, it's kind of a crappy car.  Don't know why my Dad loves them so much.   He loves them so much, in fact, that he sold one... bought a nice safe Honda CR-V, and then a few months later saw the Mustang he had sold back on Craigslist and bought it back (after selling the CR-V).  He's 83 and hardly ever drives it.

I just can't drive a golf ball as far as I used to. I find myself playing a little bit of old man golf taking the smart play versus the hero play. I just shot 40-42= 82 this am.. 3rd time all year on clubs nearly 20 years old. I'll absolutely take it. 

My 70+ year old mother talking about the 80s music being played on her oldies station.

Seeing things like the movie Clueless turns 25....
My kid made us watch a more recent Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movie this past weekend - Alicia Silverstone was the mom (and looked every bit of it).

I have to scoot my chair up to within four feet of the TV when on the PS4 to have any chance of seeing WTF I am shooting at. I'm damn near blind.

Gr00vus said:
My kid made us watch a more recent Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movie this past weekend - Alicia Silverstone was the mom (and looked every bit of it).
Mine also watches Alexa and Katie on Netflix, where Tiffany Theisen is the mom.  

Yeah, it's kind of a crappy car.  Don't know why my Dad loves them so much.   He loves them so much, in fact, that he sold one... bought a nice safe Honda CR-V, and then a few months later saw the Mustang he had sold back on Craigslist and bought it back (after selling the CR-V).  He's 83 and hardly ever drives it.
I had the 1990 25th anniversary edition of that Mustang back in the 90's.  The original Mustang came out in 1964 1/2.  We are now more years away from my 1990 (30) than the 1990 was from the original (26.5).  Whoa.

Gr00vus said:
Literally the same thing just happened to me the other day. I had to Google how old she was and couldn’t believe it 

Users who are viewing this thread