What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuff happening lately that reminds you you're getting older (2 Viewers)

I’m glad you guys are having a great time with this.  I figured in a thread like this we were all being honest and non-judgmental, and we could discuss something without it being a running joke   

#### off
Seriously, it probably is the hemorrhoid. I've had them off and on with the same symptoms; usually flare up when the diet sucks. Clean up your diet, drink more water and eat more fiber- should help, until you get the extremely painful surgery done.

The other day at work when talking to an even older co-worker I called a bunch of 20 some-things that just moved into our work neighborhood "kids".

49 - As I sit here streaming KISS Army Radio on Sirius. 

Wonder how many of those half my age could name 3 KISS songs? 

I was watching GMA and there was a series of people on from my teen years that look old as dirt.  Two I remember were Sam Eliott and Chris Conley.

There is some mention of some old timer in sports and it's.....I saw him play.

My fav on a track board.

Zeno...Millard Hampton was out of Edison HS in Fresno.

Poster....try, Silver Creek in San Jose (I knew right away what was happening, but didn't like the attitude, so...)

Zeno....nope, Edison Fresno.

Poster...look guy, I ran with Hampton in HS. That was at Silver Creek.

Zeno.. (could have went on, but....) I'm talking about his dad you are talking about Junior, ok?

Poster.....(poof gone).

Last edited by a moderator:
45. Happens all the time since most of the other nurses are early twenties. Was talking to one the other day about a blizzard I experienced back in the day;

Me: I think it was 1994?

Her: Oh. I was born in '95.

Me: :mellow:
One of our patients was walking back from the cafeteria, and I asked him what they had.

Patient: "Blah, blah, blah, mac and chesse, blah, blah."

Me: "Ooh, did you have the mac and cheese?"

Patient: "No, I don't like it."

Me, with feigned over the top shock:  "OMG, you don't like mac and cheese??? What are you, a Commie?"

Nurse next to me: "What's a Commie?"

Two words:

TAINT SPASM

I don’t know wtf causes this but had the first one last year and it’s happened a few times since then.  Just had one earlier today - Awful.

AAABatteries said:
Two words:

TAINT SPASM

I don’t know wtf causes this but had the first one last year and it’s happened a few times since then.  Just had one earlier today - Awful.
Pretty sure you made that up

:lmao:   

gray/white pubes.  the first 25 or so steps in the morning are ridiculously painful.  it's like i'm the tin man and need to oiled.  occasionally feel like i'm going to pass out, if i stand up too quickly.

Pretty sure you made that up
Nope - dead serious.  I think it’s happened like 4 times.  First time I was like “WTF was that!??” - it was essentially like a cramp in my taint.  I’m guessing it’s like dehydration - I drank A LOT the last 3 days while traveling.  

Nope - dead serious.  I think it’s happened like 4 times.  First time I was like “WTF was that!??” - it was essentially like a cramp in my taint.  I’m guessing it’s like dehydration - I drank A LOT the last 3 days while traveling.  
I get foot cramps something awful when I stop drinking as I get older. It's called alcohol induced myopathy and involves cramps and muscular pain.  

Here's how bad my memory has gotten, and this isn't a joke.

I used to be able to watch a show once and remember every single line from it.  But now, I don't even remember the main stories of shows I've watched.  It's kind of cool, though, because I've gone back and rewatched The Office and similar shows.  But I'm going in knowing that I already loved the show, but it's like watching it for the first time.  Suck on that, millennials!

When someone in a group says something like, "I hate to show my age, but I remember..."  And then they name something that indicates you're about 15 years older than them. 

got a haircut yesterday. aside from the barber taking a clippers to my ear hair.. it was noticing in the mirror this morning just how gray my sideburns and beard have become compared to even 2-3 years ago.

at this rate i'll be totally @Fullback Fro in 5 years  :mellow:

I'm at another site....

poster.....you Googled that.

Zeno....no, saw the race.

poster......sure ya did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do get that a lot.

One of nature's cruelest tricks is eventually removing the hair from your head and sticking it in your nose and ears.  :rant:

43.   If I take a leak, I need to aggressively shake it off afterward, or else there are decent odds of a puddle forming in my shorts.   I don't remember that ever happening until sometime in the past year.   It's bizarre and disgusting. 
Have you tried the trick where you push up just behind/under the scrotum with your thumb?

Turning 46 soon.  I was bored this past weekend and started looking up and watching some old shows (which is a sign in and of itself, isn't it?).  When I was watching an episode of The Cosby Show, my wife decided to look up how old Bill and Phylicia were at the time... 48 and 37.  :doh:

Then I turned on an episode of Sanford & Son to see if it was any funnier than I remembered and my wife looked up Foxx.  He was 50.  :lmao:

In rough order of appearance:

-L4-5 herniation. Semi-annual outages to keep me honest.

-Progressive lens glasses and contacts for vanity's sake.

-Tinnitus. Audiologist says my hearing loss is the range into which most women's voices fall. :excited:

-Meniscus clean outs back around 50. Both. No more running. Opted for Synvisc injections last year to help deal. Recommend. :thumbup:  

-Still have my hair. It's silver and thinks it can up and grow wherever the hell it wants. Like I said- still have my hair.

-Shuke's Syndrome®️ and KeatonLeaks®️ to varying degrees... :bag:

-Arthur Itis has moved in and isn't going anywhere. Well, at least not "AWAY." Working the "keep flexible and moving" and "avoid inflammatories" gigs and am open to suggestions. (Please)

- Yoga. I know- I didn't think I ever would, either but alas. 

-Hurt myself doing yoga. :cry: Can we talk about something else now??

Users who are viewing this thread