What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

##### about the Super Bowl halftime show here: (1 Viewer)

Never even heard of maroon 5 until mooch was playing pictionary on nfl network.  Don't even care to google their music.

I have no comment on the music, but I thought the pyrotechnics and other special effects were amazing, especially considering that they have to set it all up and tear it all down in like 10 minutes. 
Agree. Whoever did the planning nailed it there. 

I usually don't pay attention to the halftime show but even as I looked up from my phone, I noticed how bad this was.

Was very meh. I do like some of their songs, especially Sugar, but just seemed flat and boring much like most of the game.

Totally agree.  It was soo bad that it was uncomfortable to watch at my super bowl gathering.  First of all—it was a very bland and boring performance.  Secondly—the level of self indulgence that Adam Levine exhibited was nothing short of an embarrassment.   I’m not really a fan of Maroon 5–but I know enough about them to know that they are a band that is known as being musically talented all the way around.   That performance was more of an Adam  Levine solo act—and he certainly didnt seem to have any problem with that.  The rest of the band was basically non existent.   He showed off his tattoos and his torso more than he cared about giving his band mates any love or screen time.   It came across to me as being very dooshy and selfish.   Many levels beyond self serving.  Even Travis Scott (who i’m not a fan of) literally showed up and then was carried off by the crowd in like 2 minutes.  Big Boi was decent but his lack of stage time for being a home town native was also laughable.   

Never even heard of maroon 5 until mooch was playing pictionary on nfl network.  Don't even care to google their music.
I recognized the "this love" song. They play it at the box store where me and all the other old folks shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree.  It was soo bad that it was uncomfortable to watch at my super bowl gathering.  First of all—it was a very bland and boring performance.  Secondly—the level of self indulgence that Adam Levine exhibited was nothing short of an embarrassment.   I’m not really a fan of Maroon 5–but I know enough about them to know that they are a band that is known as being musically talented all the way around.   That performance was more of an Adam  Levine solo act—and he certainly didnt seem to have any problem with that.  The rest of the band was basically non existent.   He showed off his tattoos and his torso more than he cared about giving his band mates any love or screen time.   It came across to me as being very dooshy and selfish.   Many levels beyond self serving.  Even Travis Scott (who i’m not a fan of) literally showed up and then was carried off by the crowd in like 2 minutes.  Big Boi was decent but his lack of stage time for being a home town native was also laughable.   
I'd bet that Maroon 5's other band members are quite content with Adam getting ALL the attention.  Otherwise they would have left the band a long time ago.  

Lol at:

*The people getting mad that a white guy can show his nipples on TV with no repercussions

and

*The hypocrisy of women ogling a topless Adam but there’s a movement to stop men from doing this.

Horrible.  Maroon 5's song catalog is forgettable at best.  And that ink on Levine was terrible.  Just a boring, low energy, nothing of a show.

To think Prince, U2, The Stone, McCartne, etc have been joined by Maroon 5.

lol

Horrible.  Maroon 5's song catalog is forgettable at best.  And that ink on Levine was terrible.  Just a boring, low energy, nothing of a show.

lol
You left out up with people

lol
The low-energy part was perhaps the worst.  Besides removing his jacket and shirt, he basically just stood there.  Had it not been for the profanity ridden rapper and the pyro show, the show would of had zero energy.  

On the news this morning, they were saying they were disappointed that Scott and Big Boi didn't get to perform more songs.  Like, they know it's a halftime show were only about 5 songs are going to be played.  And the "Featuring..." acts will always play less songs than the headliner.  I feel like even leotards know that.  Were they expecting a 5 hour show?  :confused:

But they weren't done being stupid.  They followed that up by saying Levine taking off his shirt was exactly the same as nipplegate with Janet Jackson.  And they wonder why there isn't the same outrage over Levine removing his shirt as there was for Jackson.  Seriously, I feel like Will Ferrell's character in Zoolander.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 

Obviously it was terrible. But it's not FOR us, so it's not surprising that most of us hated it.

If I had to describe Maroon 5 to someone who had never heard of them in one sentence, it would be "super radio-friendly "hits" sung in falsetto by a super handsome guy covered in poser tats"

Their goal was to try and keep female eyes on the screen for just a little longer so that they could charge more for advertising. I'm guessing it was mission accomplished

Levine is a talented dude in the right forum but this was always gonna be a self indulgent trainwreck.

I'm not a Maroon 5 fan but I don't hate them.  They have enough hits to carry the halftime show.  What I don't like is shoehorning in Travis Scott (hell of an entrance for a #### performance) and Big Boy to hear his song from 15 years ago to appeal to the locals.  Stupid. 

It's telling when people's favorite part was a dude showing up in an old Cadillac to sing for about 65 seconds.

I'd bet that Maroon 5's other band members are quite content with Adam getting ALL the attention.  Otherwise they would have left the band a long time ago.  
Even if that was the case 99.9% of the time he should have given them some love yesterday. For any musician---performing at a Super Bowl is rarified air.  It's the top of of Mt. Everest in a musical sense.   Most singers/front men/front women of bands will try to show their band mates at least some love/respect and I didn't see a molecule of that from Levine yesterday.   Dude was carrying around a guitar that he hardly played--as if he was far more than just the singer of the band.  He just came across as a self-indulgent, attention loving poser between having that guitar and showing off his stupid tats.  As others have mentioned--thank goodness for the special effects/pyro team---as those were the only things that were remotely positive about yesterdays halftime show.  

I'm not a Maroon 5 fan but I don't hate them.  They have enough hits to carry the halftime show.  What I don't like is shoehorning in Travis Scott (hell of an entrance for a #### performance) and Big Boy to hear his song from 15 years ago to appeal to the locals.  Stupid. 
agree

My daughter and wife :wub:  it   - and that's basically who it is for.   I don't hate Maroon 5 - they are what they are.

Obviously it was terrible. But it's not FOR us, so it's not surprising that most of us hated it.

If I had to describe Maroon 5 to someone who had never heard of them in one sentence, it would be "super radio-friendly "hits" sung in falsetto by a super handsome guy covered in poser tats"

Their goal was to try and keep female eyes on the screen for just a little longer so that they could charge more for advertising. I'm guessing it was mission accomplished

Levine is a talented dude in the right forum but this was always gonna be a self indulgent trainwreck.
if this is the blueprint then next year Gwen Stefani & No Doubt will get a call....

I don't understand why Travis Scott was there. He doesn't have any songs with Maroon 5 and hes not from Atlanta. It made no sense.

Isn't the next most obvious choice Franz Ferdinand?  Seems to have lasting appeal across a lot of demos.  If that's what we are going for.

Even if that was the case 99.9% of the time he should have given them some love yesterday. For any musician---performing at a Super Bowl is rarified air.  It's the top of of Mt. Everest in a musical sense.   Most singers/front men/front women of bands will try to show their band mates at least some love/respect and I didn't see a molecule of that from Levine yesterday.   Dude was carrying around a guitar that he hardly played--as if he was far more than just the singer of the band.  He just came across as a self-indulgent, attention loving poser between having that guitar and showing off his stupid tats.  As others have mentioned--thank goodness for the special effects/pyro team---as those were the only things that were remotely positive about yesterdays halftime show.  
you spelled #### wrong....

Never been a Maroon 5 fan and after hearing that live performance, I'm even less a fan.  It's dentist office rock and their songs had no energy to them as a result. The two rap acts didn't pair up with it well at all either.  

I don't get the deal about a man showing his chest but a woman that bared her chest and she got in trouble for it. It seems pretty standard on TV that men can bare their chest but women can't. (without a bra) I have seen both men and women showing their bare ### on tv but the chest thing has been standard for a long time. 

I don't get the deal about a man showing his chest but a woman that bared her chest and she got in trouble for it. It seems pretty standard on TV that men can bare their chest but women can't. (without a bra) I have seen both men and women showing their bare ### on tv but the chest thing has been standard for a long time. 
It's an odd double standard

I actually saw Maroon 5 years ago at a conference when they had probably one hit to their name. On that day, Levine sounded 100 times better than he did Sunday. 

Should have been the Outkast reunion instead of Big Boi doing one verse. Luda should have been up there too— not travis ####### scott. 

Janet shows 1 nipple the FCC impoldes. This dude shows 2 nips and no one bats an eye.

#doublestandard
We now have  "Nipple-Gate" all over social media.   People did an article on it as well.  I agree though...Janets nipples looked much better than Levines.

One of the comments made me laugh as a lady wrote.  Levine`s body looks like a first grade art class where kids are allowed to draw with crayons on the wall.

Was very meh. I do like some of their songs, especially Sugar, but just seemed flat and boring much like most of the game.
Yeah I'm not a fan of Maroon 5 but they have some decent pop hooks in their songs - but their performance was bad. The stage show/pyrotechnics was ok and it was great that there was no political message but agree with "flat and boring much like most of the game."

People are stupid.

Where were all of these people during the Summer Olympics when men go shirtless and women cover their tops?

Users who are viewing this thread