Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Future Champs

##### about the Super Bowl halftime show here:

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:23 AM, cap'n grunge said:

Was very meh. I do like some of their songs, especially Sugar, but just seemed flat and boring much like most of the game.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Maroon 5 but they have some decent pop hooks in their songs - but their performance was bad. The stage show/pyrotechnics was ok and it was great that there was no political message but agree with "flat and boring much like most of the game."

9 hours ago, BLOCKED_PUNT said:

I don't get the deal about a man showing his chest but a woman that bared her chest and she got in trouble for it. It seems pretty standard on TV that men can bare their chest but women can't. (without a bra) I have seen both men and women showing their bare ### on tv but the chest thing has been standard for a long time. 

People are stupid.

Where were all of these people during the Summer Olympics when men go shirtless and women cover their tops?

I'm a Maroon 5 fan and really enjoy their music (especially the older stuff).

Watched the performance afterward and it was awful.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of Maroon 5 but they have some decent pop hooks in their songs - but their performance was bad. The stage show/pyrotechnics was ok and it was great that there was no political message but agree with "flat and boring much like most of the game."

It was safe. The NFL needed safe and if in the process they could throw out a bone to lure in some female fans, that much better.

There was nothing they could do that would have made everyone happy--especially being in the middle of such a boring game. 

Next year--they should just have two big college marching bands go at it in a battle of the bands type thing.  

• Like 1

Not a huge fan but been to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl and it was actually really good.  But this was bad.

Let's face it - the performance was set up to fail.  People were looking for reasons to hate it because so many wanted them to decline, kneel, whatever.  It was safe, it was boring and ripping off his short was a terrible idea.

He should have figured out some awesome pairing to bring out an artist that sang about togetherness to make their own statement.  It needed one of those unexpected mashups like Elton John and Lady Gaga at the Grammy's.  Maybe they tried and those artists all declined because they didn't want to face the Kaep backlash too.  Who knows.

Have never actually paid any attention to any of them, this is chit chat time, make a beer run, serious time n the head, never had a need or want to watch that stuff.