Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hawksnest29

Dynasty Trade Advice

Question

It’s a 32 team salary cap full IDP dynasty league. Want to get some thoughts about this trade.

I give

Marvin Jones $6/1y

I get:

Jamaal Williams $3/3y

I’m looking to unload Marvin Jones and get some value because I probably won’t extend him past next year due to the size of his contract and I’m thin at RB. Start 1RB, 2WR, 1FLEX

Here are my other Wr & RB

Elliott $3/2y

Ito Smith $1/3y

OBJ $6/3y

Woods $8/3y

Geronimo Allison $1/2y

Keelan Cole $3/3y 

Appreciate your thoughts!

Edited by Hawksnest29

3 answers to this question

Jones is just a guy and at his price tag it seems he might be worth getting rid of.  I don't like Williams as a buy right now and I think this is a bit of an overpayment.  A. Jones is the far superior RB and should take that job easily (although anybody with eyes besides McCarthy has been saying that for a few months now). 

Without knowing your starting requirements it's hard to say if I would make that move.  I think M. Jones is better than Williams as a playable asset at this point but his salary may prohibit you from other moves which makes them more even.  I also don't like that you are committed to Williams for 3 years because I don't think he will be getting that much play time.

Overall I probably would shop Jones for a better upside player. 

14 hours ago, Gally said:

Jones is just a guy and at his price tag it seems he might be worth getting rid of.  I don't like Williams as a buy right now and I think this is a bit of an overpayment.  A. Jones is the far superior RB and should take that job easily (although anybody with eyes besides McCarthy has been saying that for a few months now). 

Without knowing your starting requirements it's hard to say if I would make that move.  I think M. Jones is better than Williams as a playable asset at this point but his salary may prohibit you from other moves which makes them more even.  I also don't like that you are committed to Williams for 3 years because I don't think he will be getting that much play time.

Overall I probably would shop Jones for a better upside player. 

Always appreciate your advice Gally!

What does the A. Jones owner's RB situation look like?  If you can target a flip to him, or wait for Jones to get busted and leverage a deal w/ the A. Jones owner then I like it better than having Starvin Marvin at twice the cost.  If he's stacked at RB, then the trade value just isn't there for future deals.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/774223-fournette-or-kerryon-johnson/