What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AMI tries to extort Jeff Bezos (1 Viewer)

When I was a kid I stole some of my uncle's bottle rockets and lit them off. He told me that my grandmother was really mad at me. So I apologized to her only to find out she didn't have any idea what I was talking about but NOW she was mad. 

I was 7 years old though. Not sure how these nimrod are so dumb. 

Am I the only one wondering why Bazos is sending her pics of his junk? Does he really believe that she cares about anything but his net worth? He can’t be that delusional can he? Though I guess getting blackmailed by AMI has done wonders for his popularity.
It has almost made people forget for a moment what a piece of #### he is for cheating on his wife, using Alexis to invade our privacy and being an abusive employer

It has almost made people forget for a moment what a piece of #### he is for cheating on his wife, using Alexis to invade our privacy and being an abusive employer
He only needs to cheat on 2 more wives to reach Trumpian #### pile levels.

I don't have any interest in defending Bezos, but is Amazon an abusive place to work? I thought it was generally a decent place. And they have $15 per hour minimum wage.

I don't have any interest in defending Bezos, but is Amazon an abusive place to work? I thought it was generally a decent place. And they have $15 per hour minimum wage.
As I recall, there have been reports of horrible conditions in warehouses. In addition, the NYT did a piece on how the environment at Amazon Corporate was toxic and cutthroat.

Not sure if anyone's gone after Bezos' personal management style, but he obviously bears some responsibility for the culture that develops under him.

So she either shared the text with her brother, or he hacked her?  That's one guys sister you don't want to mess with.
I don’t think it’s that easy to hack someone’s texts. Especially Jeff Bezos’ I’d imagine. I doubt Sanchez (the brother) had the specific skill set for a mass download and delivery. Maybe he did but I think these rumors of KSA or other intel agency doing the hacking must have a reason behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think it’s that easy to hack someone’s texts. Especially Jeff Bezos’ I’d imagine. I doubt Sanchez (the brother) had the specific skill set for a mass download and delivery. Maybe he did but I think these rumors of KSA or other intel agency doing the hacking must have a reason behind it.
It kind of reminds me of WikiLeaks saying the emails did not come from Russia....

If Sanchez's brother did it, I doubt it was by hacking anything on Bezos's end. It was probably by borrowing Lauren's phone.

The brother, Michael Sanchez, is a supporter of President Donald Trump and an acquaintance of Trump allies Roger Stone and Carter Page
So Michael Sanchez may have had help hacking his sister's phone from infowariors at the request of the president?  I know Trump is a vindictive #####, but this takes the cake.  His wapo coverage must have motivated him enough to orchestrate wiping out half of the richest man in the worlds fortune.  Bezos must be absolutely livid 

So Michael Sanchez may have had help hacking his sister's phone from infowariors at the request of the president?  I know Trump is a vindictive #####, but this takes the cake.  His wapo coverage must have motivated him enough to orchestrate wiping out half of the richest man in the worlds fortune.  Bezos must be absolutely livid 
I doubt he's half as livid as Pecker is. And Bezos is still the richest man in the world. Has a hot chick. And obviously doesn't care if pics of his shlong get out there. He's pretty much everything Trump wishes he was. Which explains the jealousy.

Last edited by a moderator:
>>Sanchez has twice met Roger Stone, who has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges, and Carter Page once through a minor business deal. But he has been in touch with both men about the leaks and whether they might have involved hacking, according to electronic correspondence.

In fact, Michael Sanchez proposed that de Becker, and possibly Bezos himself, sit down with Page in a secure location to discuss the security aspects of the leak. De Becker seemed interested, but no meeting materialized. Sanchez told me that Bezos, his sister, and de Becker knew of every conversation he has had with Page and Stone. The Washington Post reported that both Page and Stone have denied any involvement in the Bezos leak.<<

- Fox.

If Sanchez's brother did it, I doubt it was by hacking anything on Bezos's end. It was probably by borrowing Lauren's phone.
My point was about the nature of what AMI holds or the person who gave the pics to AMI holds. The email by AMI’s editor discussed ten pictures, but that doesn’t mean that’s what is held by the person who stole them. Ten pics by themselves seems simple enough, something that Michael Sanchez could have gotten, but AMI suggested there was more:

>>3. AM agrees not to publish, distribute, share, or describe unpublished texts and photos (the “Unpublished Materials”).

4. AM affirms that it undertook no electronic eavesdropping in connection with its reporting and has no knowledge of such conduct.<<

- Is it that easy to download texts for a layman? I guess the brother could have taken snips off a phone, but if that was the case then there is no chance someone would mistake that as ‘eavesdropping.’

- I’m sure the brother is the culprit here (and maybe could face charges himself?) but the nature of the data held, and how ANI received it, will tell the story here.

You're burying a lede a bit, Maurile.

Not only did the Saudis hack Bezos, but they've got a very strong relationship with AMI which goes back several years.

And it's pretty clear that De Becker suspects that there was some coordination involved. Obviously he can't come right out and say it. But based on his descriptions of the negotiations with AMI, it sure does seem like they knew more about the source than they were letting on.

Update. It was the Saudis. The Michael Sanchez thing may have largely been a cover.
I’ve never understood how the enquirer could straggle the line between fake news and libel. On top of that, they’ve become political in the last 20 years. While I can appreciate satire like the onion, it’s not in the checkout line at every grocery store for the headline to be perused by any passerby. Now, they’ve taken stolen data from a foriegn country and have attempted to blackmail a citizen. Someone should be in jail. 

It should absolutely be a plank of the Democratic Party to inflict as much pain on the Saudis and Russians as possible until they stop this stuff.  The fact that 40% of the country DGAF that our President is doing nothing about it and ultimately benefiting from it should be irrelevant.

Sure is weird how all of these things seem to target the President's enemies though, huh?

It should absolutely be a plank of the Democratic Party to inflict as much pain on the Saudis and Russians as possible until they stop this stuff.  The fact that 40% of the country DGAF that our President is doing nothing about it and ultimately benefiting from it should be irrelevant.

Sure is weird how all of these things seem to target the President's enemies though, huh?
I knew they would forget 9/11.

I don’t think protecting Jeff Bezos’ mistress’ text messages should be a high government priority.  Certainly not one high enough to dictate foreign policy.  Bezos has enough money to deal with these things on his own.

I don’t think protecting Jeff Bezos’ mistress’ text messages should be a high government priority.  Certainly not one high enough to dictate foreign policy.  Bezos has enough money to deal with these things on his own.
Protecting Bezos' mistress texts isn't the crux of the issue we need to deal with. It's about the Saudis stealing the data of a private U.S. citizen, then in turn providing said data to a U.S. company that tried to use said data to blackmail said private U.S. citizen. Period. Please stop with the wrangling and twisting of the actual facts.

Protecting Bezos' mistress texts isn't the crux of the issue we need to deal with. It's about the Saudis stealing the data of a private U.S. citizen, then in turn providing said data to a U.S. company that tried to use said data to blackmail said private U.S. citizen. Period. Please stop with the wrangling and twisting of the actual facts.
It’s especially concerning when the person being blackmailed is viewed by the president as a political enemy and the company doing the blackmailing has a long history of working with the president.

It is both awesome and super frightening that Bezos just took down AMI. 
Let’s wait to see who buys it before saying that.  There are a lot of deep pockets (and LLCs and private equity funds) on the right and this may just be a cosmetic change in ownership.

Let’s wait to see who buys it before saying that.  There are a lot of deep pockets (and LLCs and private equity funds) on the right and this may just be a cosmetic change in ownership.
I've already forgotten all my corporate law stuff from law school, but would the buyer be assuming any liabilities that National Enquirer might have?  If so it would seem to be a pretty risky purchase.

I've already forgotten all my corporate law stuff from law school, but would the buyer be assuming any liabilities that National Enquirer might have?  If so it would seem to be a pretty risky purchase.
The liabilities shouldn’t be assumed by the buyer. They should remain with The National Enquirer and AMI. So that still makes it a risky purchase since the purchased entity may be worth nothing, but not as risky as if the buyer itself were on the hook for stuff that occurred before the date of purchase.

I'm kind of surprised that AMI is giving up so soon. The Enquirer has been a valuable propaganda asset to the Trump administration, and its absence from the 2020 campaign would deal a small but significant blow to Trump's re-election chances.

Joe Summer said:
I'm kind of surprised that AMI is giving up so soon. The Enquirer has been a valuable propaganda asset to the Trump administration, and its absence from the 2020 campaign would deal a small but significant blow to Trump's re-election chances.
Only if a non Trump supporting entity buys it

Users who are viewing this thread