Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hawksnest29

Better Dynasty RB? Elliott or McCaffrey?

Question

Simple question.... who’s the better RB to have in dynasty? Standard scoring 32 team salary league.  Both have $3 contracts. Elliott has 2 years left and McCaffrey has 3 years left. Can extend players every offseason. What to know who are you riding with for the next 5+ years

4 answers to this question

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, Hawksnest29 said:

Simple question.... who’s the better RB to have in dynasty? Standard scoring 32 team salary league.  Both have $3 contracts. Elliott has 2 years left and McCaffrey has 3 years left. Can extend players every offseason. What to know who are you riding with for the next 5+ years

What is the cost for extension?  You get one more cost controlled year out of McCaffrey which could be the deciding factor if the extension cost is high. 

I also don't evaluate players on 5+ year windows because way too many things happen over that time.  I am typically looking 2-3 years at most and usually error on the side of 2 years.  

Generally since this is a standard league I think I lean towards Elliott but it's close enough that the extension cost could swing me the other way.

2 hours ago, Gally said:

What is the cost for extension?  You get one more cost controlled year out of McCaffrey which could be the deciding factor if the extension cost is high. 

I also don't evaluate players on 5+ year windows because way too many things happen over that time.  I am typically looking 2-3 years at most and usually error on the side of 2 years.  

Generally since this is a standard league I think I lean towards Elliott but it's close enough that the extension cost could swing me the other way.

It’s $1.5 to every contract year extended. A player can only have a max of 5 years on a contract, so the price to extend depends on how many years.