What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Better Dynasty RB? Elliott or McCaffrey? (1 Viewer)

Hawksnest29

Footballguy
Simple question.... who’s the better RB to have in dynasty? Standard scoring 32 team salary league.  Both have $3 contracts. Elliott has 2 years left and McCaffrey has 3 years left. Can extend players every offseason. What to know who are you riding with for the next 5+ years

Hawksnest29 said:
Simple question.... who’s the better RB to have in dynasty? Standard scoring 32 team salary league.  Both have $3 contracts. Elliott has 2 years left and McCaffrey has 3 years left. Can extend players every offseason. What to know who are you riding with for the next 5+ years
What is the cost for extension?  You get one more cost controlled year out of McCaffrey which could be the deciding factor if the extension cost is high. 

I also don't evaluate players on 5+ year windows because way too many things happen over that time.  I am typically looking 2-3 years at most and usually error on the side of 2 years.  

Generally since this is a standard league I think I lean towards Elliott but it's close enough that the extension cost could swing me the other way.

What is the cost for extension?  You get one more cost controlled year out of McCaffrey which could be the deciding factor if the extension cost is high. 

I also don't evaluate players on 5+ year windows because way too many things happen over that time.  I am typically looking 2-3 years at most and usually error on the side of 2 years.  

Generally since this is a standard league I think I lean towards Elliott but it's close enough that the extension cost could swing me the other way.
It’s $1.5 to every contract year extended. A player can only have a max of 5 years on a contract, so the price to extend depends on how many years.

Users who are viewing this thread