Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Dufresne

Shark Pool mock draft #1 - under way!!!

Recommended Posts

1    Arizona - AndyD - Nick Bosa OLB OSU
2    San Francisco - IHEARTFF - Josh Allen OLB Kentucky
3    NY Jets - Dr Octopus - Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

4    Oakland - ILov80s - Clelin Ferrell DT Clemson
5    Tampa Bay - Grahamburn - Jachai Polite DE Florida
6    NY Giants - Dr Octopus - Dwayne Haskins QB OSU
7    Jacksonville - Duckboy - Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
8    Detroit - ILov80s - Jonah Williams OL Alabama
9    Buffalo Mr Peterson - Jawaan Taylor OL Florida
10    Denver - AndyD - Greedy Williams CB LSU
11    Cincinnati - Devin White LB LSU
12    Green Bay - Ben & Jerry's -   T.J. Hockenson TE Iowa
13    Miami - Grahamburn -  Ed Oliver, DE/DT, Houston

14    Atlanta - Mr Peterson - Rashan Gary DE Michigan
15    Washington -   Brunell4MVP - DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

16    Carolina - Oz - Cody Ford OL Oklahoma
17    Cleveland - Brunell4MVP - Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson

18    Minnesota - Biabreakable - Dalton Risner OL KState

19    Tennessee - Buckna - Montez Sweat OLB/EDGE

20    Pittsburgh - Black and Gold - Devin Bush OLB Michigan

21    Seattle - Duckboy - Christian Wilkins DT Clemson

22    Baltimore - Biabreakable - Greg Little OT Ole Miss

23    Houston - Buckna - DeAndre Baker CB Georgia

24    Oakland (from Chicago) - Byron Murphy CB Washington

25    Philadelphia - bicycle_seat_sniffer - Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

26    Indianapolis - Ben & Jerry's - Dre'Mont Jones DT Ohio St

27    Oakland (from Dallas) - Brian Burns Edge FSU

28    LA Chargers - bicycle_seat_sniffer - Jerry Tillery DT ND

29    Kansas City - IHEARTFF - Deionte Thompson FS Alabama

30    Green Bay (from New Orleans) - Andre Dillard, OT Washington St

31    LA Rams - Black and Gold - Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St

32    New England - Marquise Brown, WR Oklahoma

Second round

33Arizona - David Edwards OT Wisconsin

34Indianapolis (from NY Jets) - N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St

35Oakland - Noah Fant TE Iowa

36San Francisco - A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

37NY Giants - Mack Wilson LB, Alabama

38Jacksonville - Trayvon Mullen CB Clemson

39 Miami (from Tampa Bay) - Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

40Buffalo - Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St

41Denver - Daniel Jones QB Duke

42Cincinnati - Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama

43Detroit - Nasir Adderley DB Delaware

44Green Bay - Taylor Rapp S Washington

45Atlanta - Gerald Willis III DT Miami

46Washington - Chris Lindstrom OG BC

47Carolina - Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State C/G

48 Tampa Bay (from )Miami - Michael Dieter OL Wisconsin

49Cleveland - Jeffery Simmons DT Miss St

50Minnesota - Charles Omeniho DT Texas.

51Tennessee - Kelvin Harmon WR, NC State

52Pittsburgh - Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

53Philadelphia (from Baltimore) - Jaylon Ferguson..DE...La Tech

54Houston (from Seattle) - Yodney Cajuste, OT, West Virginia

55Houston - David Montgomery, RB, Iowa St

56New England (from Chicago) - Zach Allen DT BC

57Philadelphia - ROCK YA-SIN - CB - Temple

58Dallas - Garrett Bradbury OL NC State

59Indianapolis - Deebo Samuel WR S. Carolina

60LA Chargers

61Kansas City

62New Orleans

63Kansas City (from LA Rams)

64New England

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will pick for the Vikings if you are not doing so Andy.

Not sure who I would take for an AFC team. I am open to any team that needs to be filled there.

If you are going to draft for the Vikings then I could draft for the Bears or something. Whatever team is not spoken for there.

eta - The Bears don't have any picks. So that might be too easy.

Edited by Biabreakable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biabreakable said:

I will pick for the Vikings if you are not doing so Andy.

Not sure who I would take for an AFC team. I am open to any team that needs to be filled there.

If you are going to draft for the Vikings then I could draft for the Bears or something. Whatever team is not spoken for there.

There'll be plenty of left overs for me to pick from, I'm sure. Take the Vikings and the Ravens. The latter almost never seems to have someone champion them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

There'll be plenty of left overs for me to pick from, I'm sure. Take the Vikings and the Ravens. The latter almost never seems to have someone champion them.

Ok. I like the Ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take Seattle and an AFC team... give me either Jax or Cincy (whomever you think less likely to get picked).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.01 - Arizona Cardinals - Nick Bosa OLB OSU

It's not likely the Cardinals will find a buyer for this pick. GM Keim had already stated they'll be returning to a 3-4 defense which caused me to temporarily think about Josh Allen here. But Bosa is a scheme independent elite talent.

And can we stop with the nonsense that Kingsbury would want Murray over Rosen? It was an offhand comment made long before he was named coach of a team who just took a QB with a high pick. It's media manufactured nonsense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.02 San Francisco - Josh Allen LB Kentucky

Kinda boring, but SF needs lots of help on defense, and Allen is an elite pass rusher and LB.

Edited by IHEARTFF
bold and color added for the pick. could make thread easier to read
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do we feel like #4 and #5 are the spots where this thing gets interesting? 

Anybody who can rise into the top 5 with a monster combine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two good picks there. Sucks for 49ers since they have invested so many top 10 picks on interior DL and need an edge rusher so they are almost forced to reach a bit on Allen. Hopefully for them they find a way to trade back. I like Allen but I’m not sure he’s clearly better than a couple other edge rushers.Aso I think Allen is a better fit in a 3-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets are willing to trade down if anyone is interested. Giants would be a natural fit for a trade partner but not sure I can do that since I have them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I don’t see an offer I like by 8:00/8:30 pm when I check back in, I’ll make a pick (don’t need to hold this thing up for too long but have to run out anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.03 NYJ select Quinnen Williams - DL, Alabama

The fans will revolt if the Jets go defense again but this high in the draft they have to go BPA. As a bonus maybe they get some pressure on Tom Brady up the middle. Bottom line is this kid is a beast and will help the rest of the DLine as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

1.03 NYJ select Quinnen Williams - DL, Alabama

The fans will revolt if the Jets go defense again but this high in the draft they have to go BPA. As a bonus maybe they get some pressure on Tom Brady up the middle. Bottom line is this kid is a beast and will help the rest of the DLine as well.

Good pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.04 Raiders- Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson 

Evan Silva tweeted that the Raiders had only 13 sacks this season- 17 less than the next lowest team. Raiders also had the fewest QB hits- 24 less than the next lowest team. 

A team can’t win if they can’t generate any pass rush. The Raiders defensive tackles show promise but the DE needs an upgrade and I think Ferrell is a perfect 4-3 DE. He might not be the best pass rusher in the draft but he can pass rush. He also can stop the run and is ready to start now based on how well he played against the best competition over his college career. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buckna said:

I can do Houston. Aside from that, I guess Tennessee since I know them well from playing them in division.

If buck is taking Tennessee, I'll take my last home team - Carolina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

QBs should be worried about this infusion of DL talent coming into the league next year. 

RBs too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.05 - Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

Best upside of any edge defender in the draft, imo. Mack/Miller type explosiveness. Relentless. 6 forced fumbles to go with 11 sacks. 

I haven’t seen him mocked this high, but by the end of the process he’s top 15 at worst. 

I’d actually expect Tampa to trade this pick if they were in this position with no QBs off the board, but I’m not waiting around for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grahamburn said:

1.05 - Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

Best upside of any edge defender in the draft, imo. Mack/Miller type explosiveness. Relentless. 6 forced fumbles to go with 11 sacks. 

I haven’t seen him mocked this high, but by the end of the process he’s top 15 at worst. 

I’d actually expect Tampa to trade this pick if they were in this position with no QBs off the board, but I’m not waiting around for that. 

I think he lands in Detroit, especially if Ansah moves on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

1.06 | Dwayne Haskins | QB | Ohio State

I don’t think much of an explanation is needed here.

For sure, but if they want him I think they’ll need to move up a spot or 3 once the real bullets start flying. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I think he lands in Detroit, especially if Ansah moves on.

He was definitely high on my radar for the Lions pick. I would totally trade back at this point, the draft isn’t breaking well for the Lions.

Edited by Ilov80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

For sure, but if they want him I think they’ll need to move up a spot or 3 once the real bullets start flying. 

Should have made an offer earlier but figured it wouldn’t go quite that quick. Jax would have offered their 2 next year to jump NYG for Haskins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

1.03 NYJ select Quinnen Williams - DL, Alabama

The fans will revolt if the Jets go defense again but this high in the draft they have to go BPA. As a bonus maybe they get some pressure on Tom Brady up the middle. Bottom line is this kid is a beast and will help the rest of the DLine as well.

Might be a minority opinion, but I think Williams is the best player in this draft. If the Jets could pair him and Leonard Williams together, that should mask a lot of the issues at LB, while having a very disruptive interior pass rush.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

1.01 - Arizona Cardinals - Nick Bosa OLB OSU

It's not likely the Cardinals will find a buyer for this pick. GM Keim had already stated they'll be returning to a 3-4 defense which caused me to temporarily think about Josh Allen here. But Bosa is a scheme independent elite talent.

And can we stop with the nonsense that Kingsbury would want Murray over Rosen? It was an offhand comment made long before he was named coach of a team who just took a QB with a high pick. It's media manufactured nonsense.

You really think that? I mean I doubt they'll find some team willing to offer $1.30 on the dollar, like some draft trades have gone, but I'd be shocked if they couldn't get a 1st next year, and stay in the top-10 this year. Somebody is going to fall in love with Bosa/Allen/Williams/QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.07 Jacksonville selects QB Kyler Murray

This assumes Jacksonville doesn’t trade for Foles and will try to move on from Fournette, so an offensive reboot is in line. Biggest need meets biggest upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this