What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You're on a 12-hour plane trip... (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers
You choose one from each option to take with you:

1. A book to read

2. One artist's music to listen to

3. One celebrity/famous person to sit beside you for conversation.

What/who do you pick?

1. Moby **** 

2. The Beach Boys or Panda Bear or Mogwai or Explosions In The Sky (take your pick)

3. Barack Obama 

Last edited by a moderator:
1.   Fellowship of the Ring.  I guess for a flight this long we can throw in the whole of LOTR. 

2.  Yes.  Their whole catalogue ought to work out. 

3.   Melissa Benoist.  

Of course I already travel with 1 and 2 anyway.  Still haven't convinced Melissa to accompany me on a trip/happen to be in the next seat yet tho.  😒    PS, Gal Gadot, who I think was the first choice made above, is also a correct answer.  

1.  Currently reading PLO Poker Books

2.  Elton John (just saw him in concert)

3.  See "first crush thread", Olivia Newton John, Belinda Carlisle, Elisabeth Shue….if I were forced to pick a man, I'd go with Elon Musk or Mark Cuban.

1.   Fellowship of the Ring.  I guess for a flight this long we can throw in the whole of LOTR. 

2.  Yes.  Their whole catalogue ought to work out. 

3.   Melissa Benoist.  

Of course I already travel with 1 and 2 anyway.  Still haven't convinced Melissa to accompany me on a trip/happen to be in the next seat yet tho.  😒    PS, Gal Gadot, who I think was the first choice made above, is also a correct answer.  
to the YES part.  

1. Anna Karenina. Have yet to read it, and as it's considered one of the best novels written, and certainly Tolstoy is one of the preeminent Russian literary figures, I figure I should.

2. The Allman Brothers Band. 

3. Since there wasn't a qualifier:

Dead: Winston Churchill.

Alive: Hard on, but I'm going with Steve Martin. I figure it would be vastly entertaining, and the guy is such an incredible writer and thinker the conversation could definitely span a multitude of subjects and not just his life and career.

1. Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik is next up in my Goodreads queue

2. Eminem

3. Adam Sandler - I know that's not going to be a popular choice but I've met him a couple of times (my wife's grandfather goes to synagogue with him) and he's a charismatic/funny dude.  I'd love to talk about SNL from my time growing up and think I could probably fill a few hours of my flight with that alone.

Phish for music.    No celebrity is going to want to have anything to do with me so what does it matter.   Probably that midget guy that was minnie me so I'll have extra room to spread out.   And I'm going to be high as a kite if I'm on a plane for 12 hours so I'm not reading a damn thing.  

Phish for music.    No celebrity is going to want to have anything to do with me so what does it matter.   Probably that midget guy that was minnie me so I'll have extra room to spread out.   And I'm going to be high as a kite if I'm on a plane for 12 hours so I'm not reading a damn thing.  
Uhhhh......hate to be the bearer of bad news

3. Adam Sandler - I know that's not going to be a popular choice but I've met him a couple of times (my wife's grandfather goes to synagogue with him) and he's a charismatic/funny dude.  I'd love to talk about SNL from my time growing up and think I could probably fill a few hours of my flight with that alone.
Would probably make a good thread (biggest "missed opportunities), but in college I elected to stay home and study rather than go to his show and hang out with him in a small group after.  I know one of his first cousins and she invited me to go to the show and hang out and get beers with him after.  I don't know what I was thinking but it is one of my biggest regrets.

1. Probably just a book I find at the library. Right now I have a few including Tales from Valhalla and the world according to Tom Hanks. 

2. Paul Simon (also get Garfunkel right?)

3. Jesus, or Tom Hanks

rockaction said:
1. Moby **** 

2. The Beach Boys or Panda Bear or Mogwai or Explosions In The Sky (take your pick)

3. Barack Obama 
Panda Bear over Animal Collective? That’s a tough call. I’d probably choose AC. 

jon_mx said:
I don't think you want to be next to him on a flight.   
I once took a flight from Charlottesville, sitting next to the defensive line coach. Great conversation, but I would not sit next to one of these gigantic men again.  Small plane too.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
1. Anna Karenina. Have yet to read it, and as it's considered one of the best novels written, and certainly Tolstoy is one of the preeminent Russian literary figures, I figure I should.

2. The Allman Brothers Band. 

3. Since there wasn't a qualifier:

Dead: Winston Churchill.

Alive: Hard on, but I'm going with Steve Martin. I figure it would be vastly entertaining, and the guy is such an incredible writer and thinker the conversation could definitely span a multitude of subjects and not just his life and career.
That's someone's son, guy.

I don't love his movies, but thought he was pretty funny on SNL.

1. The Rating Game - How To Rate ANYTHING On the Internet by Shuke McShukershuke

2. Goldenplane

3. swc - need someone to take me to the first class section broflyfly

Panda Bear over Animal Collective? That’s a tough call. I’d probably choose AC. 
I never got into Animal Collective, actually. That's probably a failing on my end and I haven't given them enough of a chance. 

eta* And I know Panda is part of the collective. I just like Noah Lennox's stuff better.  

Adam Sandler - I know that's not going to be a popular choice but I've met him a couple of times (my wife's grandfather goes to synagogue with him) and he's a charismatic/funny dude.  I'd love to talk about SNL from my time growing up and think I could probably fill a few hours of my flight with that alone.
He totally crossed my mind.  

Users who are viewing this thread