What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Movies you liked but Rotten Tomatoes did not (2 Viewers)

a more difficult challenge is to find movies you like that both the critics and audience didn't like...but I'll play along.

Super Troopers

RT = 35%.  Audience = 90%.
Good example. I'm in the minority as while I thought it was entertaining, the humor seemed forced (specifically like a string of improv skits knotted together rather than a plot) and I didn't really gravitate to the characters. Got stale for me after a while.

How Spaceballs has a 58% rating, I'll never understand.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is only 46%

Saw is 49% which is interesting for a movie that IMHO breathed some fresh premise to a tired horror genre.

Pick a movie that Audiences (and presumably you) liked at least 25% more than the "Critics"

:oldunsure:
Why not call the thread "Movies that the audience liked more than critics" if that's what the OP is looking for? 

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone wants to try, bet you can't find a below-50% flick i like. Looked, Wet Hot American Summer was the closest i got but......nah

ETA: or below 60%, even. of those listed in the thread, not even close

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone wants to try, bet you can't find a below-50% flick i like. Looked, Wet Hot American Summer was the closest i got but......nah
I tried a few of my dumb comedies I liked, but they don't qualify for the thread.  I am assuming that I would be more in line with the opposite of what the OP is going for here.  

:lol:   I am striking out with horror movies too.  I tried Hostel and Hatchet, but both of them were somehow liked by the critics more than the crowd.  

Boondock Saints may be the biggest gap that I've seen.

23% RT. 91% audience.

I haven't seen it again since it came out, but I don't remember really being a fan of it personally though.
just tried to check this out a few days ago. wanted a movie and i'm virtually in a negative queue with the declining theatrical content on Netflix, so i gave it a try. didn't last 20 minutes & only as long as that cuz i'm a violent Boston Irishman (like there's another kind) curious for any relatable content

Road Trip (57%) and Euro Trip (47%) are both great.

Basically any silly/dumb comedy is hated by critics for some reason. Even if its really funny.

just tried to check this out a few days ago. wanted a movie and i'm virtually in a negative queue with the declining theatrical content on Netflix, so i gave it a try. didn't last 20 minutes & only as long as that cuz i'm a violent Boston Irishman (like there's another kind) curious for any relatable content
I tried to watch it recently as well. It was awful. I probably made it a few minutes longer than you did.

I swear we just did this. 

but I'll again readily admit that The Postman/Waterworld duo are horrible movies that critics will likely hate that I love. 
lol..

the postman- 9% critics, 49% dummies.

a recent movie I loved, Hanna, gets in the 60s for both. 

Users who are viewing this thread