What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Movies you liked but Rotten Tomatoes did not (1 Viewer)

Freddy Got Fingered: Critics 11%, Audience 55%
Never ending debate - what's the worst movie ever made. This or Cabin Boy. I always end up with a headache and craving 17 natty's to forget this thought ever entered my brain in the first place but at the same time feeling as though I need to punish myself. 

Never ending debate - what's the worst movie ever made. This or Cabin Boy. I always end up with a headache and craving 17 natty's to forget this thought ever entered my brain in the first place but at the same time feeling as though I need to punish myself. 
I was watching a review of FGF by Red Letter Media. Their theory was that Tom Green never wanted to make a movie but they gave him money to do it anyway. So he basically tried to make the worst thing imaginable in his mind to see if they would end it at any point. It's actually pretty brilliant when you look at it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield earth 

critics 3%

audience 11%

i loved this show. I really enjoyed the book too. Perhaps that’s why I liked it so much.  I really don’t get why it was hated so much. 

Insein said:
I was watching a review of FGF by Red Letter Media. Their theory was that Tom Green never wanted to make a movie but they gave him money to do it anyway. So he basically tried to make the worst thing imaginable in his mind to see if they would end it at any point. It's actually pretty brilliant when you look at it that way.
It's pretty out there.

boots11234 said:
Battlefield earth 

critics 3%

audience 11%

i loved this show. I really enjoyed the book too. Perhaps that’s why I liked it so much.  I really don’t get why it was hated so much. 
It's laughably bad on all levels- writing, directing, acting...but I'm with you on enjoying watching it, in spite of all that- ends up going full circle to campy enjoyable bad instead of just bad. Perfect movie for the thread.

Another Travolta film that got destroyed. 

Swordfish 26/60 on RT

I loved this movie for it's over the top action and cheesy hacker cliches. Also Halle Berry in her prime.

Hmm... I haven't seen this movie in forever but I grew up in the area where it takes place so I liked it when it came out. Though I admit, it might not age well at all and my opinion could very well change since elementary school/jr. high is when I saw it.

The Best of Times 31/44

This is one I loved as a young kid. Rented it in college and it did *not* age well.

Caveman 24/54

Without a Paddle (Seth Green, Dax Shepard, Matthew Lillard)

Critics - 14%, Audience - 68%

I'd give it 7.3/10 on the comedy scale.  

Bohemian Rhapsody is 61% on RT vs. 88% from audiances and it is up for Oscars.   
I haven't seen it but "film twitter" absolutely hates that movie and is furious/perplexed with all the accolades. There are some scenes posted that show the editing and I do have to agree that whoever edited seems to be a total hack. 

The Haunting was a good one and of course the great movie that was Gigli

6% and 12%. Completely ridiculous this movie is fun from the beginning to the end.

The awesomeness that is Grease 2 also almost somehow hits both 37-53

The hysterterical horror comedy Student Bodies almost does as well 25-51

The start of the fanastic MCU universe somehow makes this list as well ☹️ howard the duck 15-38

Last fantastic movie for now is psycho_iv_the_beginning -33

Just took a quick look at some of the movies I own to find some of these underrated gems (oh speaking of I bet yep  Jem  is one as well 21-40).

Last edited by a moderator:
Porky’s

30% critics/57% audience 

Must be a lot of influential critics named Mike Hunt.
Just watched this again the other night. The majority of the cast hasn’t done much in years other than Kim Cattrall and the guy who played Coach Brackett. 

Hmm... I haven't seen this movie in forever but I grew up in the area where it takes place so I liked it when it came out. Though I admit, it might not age well at all and my opinion could very well change since elementary school/jr. high is when I saw it.

The Best of Times 31/44

This is one I loved as a young kid. Rented it in college and it did *not* age well.

Caveman 24/54
LOVE Best of Times and anytime its on I watch it.     "Women and the game"

Users who are viewing this thread