What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The official fast food French Fry power rankings (1 Viewer)

:thumbdown:

Of those ranked, Chick-Fil-A waffle fries are #1. However, Smashburger sweet potato fries are the #1 fast food fries.

McDonalds fries are grossly overrated.  Arby’s curlies stomp the piss out of McDanks

Five Guys get a bump just because they give you two scoops of them.  

Wendys are crap. 

Wheres Whataburger?  Top 10 easily 

not on the list, but the worst fries hands down bar none are from Krystal’s.  Little burgers are great drunk food but their fries are TURRIBLE

:thumbdown:

Of those ranked, Chick-Fil-A waffle fries are #1. However, Smashburger sweet potato fries are the #1 fast food fries.
I like almost all the food at Chick-Fil-A ...except for the waffle fries.  They aren't ever cooked enough - they are mealy and not crunchy.  That wonderful sauce can't even save them.  

Total suckage.  

Last edited by a moderator:
McDonalds fries are grossly overrated.  Arby’s curlies stomp the piss out of McDanks

Five Guys get a bump just because they give you two scoops of them.  

Wendys are crap. 

Wheres Whataburger?  Top 10 easily 

not on the list, but the worst fries hands down bar none are from Krystal’s.  Little burgers are great drunk food but their fries are TURRIBLE
Arby's potato cakes has aggressive, non-consensual sex with its own chain's curly fries ...while staring Wutuburger dead in the eyes.  

Then it wipes its remnants on a Five Guys napkin and leaves the curly fries in a heap on the floor.   

Never had 5 Guys fries, I think they use peanut oil so we avoid as parents of a kid with severe allergies to that nut.

For those claiming McDonald's fries are overrated -- I respectfully disagree. Where this is 100% spot on is about 5 minutes after they are served -- once they start to cool, they become decidedly gross.

But everything about the fresh-out-of-the-fryer McDonald's fry is perfection -- and specifically engineered to be so. From the texture, crispness level, mouthfeel, the right salt level (i.e. an awful lot but not overpoweringly so), and the sheer consistency of offering -- it can't be beat, IMHO.

they have the potential to be great ...but I don't know what the problem is with the clearly regulated under-cooking of them. 
This is/was my complaint but in the past year I’ve noticed that they've started to make them crispier at a lot of the chick fil as I frequent here in the DMV. 

I take full credit if this spreads nationwide as I play basketball with an owner of one and I talk #### to him about the fries every time I score on him.

Binky The Doormat said:
Arby's potato cakes has aggressive, non-consensual sex with its own chain's curly fries ...while staring Wutuburger dead in the eyes.  

Then it wipes its remnants on a Five Guys napkin and leaves the curly fries in a heap on the floor.   
I don’t quite understand what this means, but it reads like beautiful poetry. 

Honestly, I can't rank fries - there are good ones, and there are the others.  Of the good ones, it depends on my mood as to which one I think is best - it's like beer.  Sometimes you want a nice refreshing beer...sometimes you want tar.  It just depends.

That one guy said:
McDonald’s hash browns >> McDonald’s fries
Since they now have breakfast food 24/7, go get a Egg McMuffin Meal in the evening, or some time well outside the normal breakfast time. Takes a little longer, but they have to make the hash brown fresh, comes out nice and hot!!

Wendy's used to be the best, IMO, before they changed their process several years ago. When they started doing the "cross-cut" fries, I think they also changed their oil, and after that they weren't as good to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's odd to me that, since fastfood fries are salt&grease delivery systems just like chips are that they havent gone to flavors like chips have. "Two McDoubles, Chocolate Shake & some a them new Habanero Ranch Fries, plz".

That one guy said:
What, people dislike Chick-Fil-A fries?

And, yes, Arby’s curly fries are top notch
Im not a fan of the waffle fries.  Its a place I don't mind subbing a side salad for fries.

They are pretty good when piping hot...otherwise they are bland and the texture isn't great.

Wendy's used to be the best, IMO, before they changed their process several years ago. When they started doing the "cross-cut" fries, I think they also changed their oil, and after that they weren't as good as me. 
I am on the opposite side of this. I hated those big thick fries they used to have. Love their new ones. 

Also I really like five guys cajun fries. What the heck is with all of the malt vinegar in that place? 

I am on the opposite side of this. I hated those big thick fries they used to have. Love their new ones. 

Also I really like five guys cajun fries. What the heck is with all of the malt vinegar in that place? 
I didn't mind the thick fries, i just liked the flavor better. I will still eat them now (had some the other day :lol:  ), just preferred the old style.

Malt vinegar and a healthy amount of salt on crispy fries are ambrosia. I am glad this is a thing that seems to finally be working its way out of the UK and the Commonwealth into the US.

Users who are viewing this thread