What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14-Day MetaMucil "cleanse" (1 Viewer)

Why? 

Cleanses don’t really have any benefits.
Was having some minor issues, Doc suggested it. Not this necessarily but upping the fiber for a bit. At around the same time this was being advertised on a couple of the podcasts I listen to.

Figured I'd go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen in 2 weeks?

It's just fiber therapy.  I've gone on and off it over the years.  I'll take it with me on vacations as my stomach can get sideways travelling.  Generally it will solidify your poop and make clean-up much much easier.  Might help with cholesterol and in some cases, could help with weight loss, but only if you're dieting and exercising too.  Millions of people use it every day. :shrug:

It's just fiber therapy.  I've gone on and off it over the years.  I'll take it with me on vacations as my stomach can get sideways travelling.  Generally it will solidify your poop and make clean-up much much easier.  Might help with cholesterol and in some cases, could help with weight loss, but only if you're dieting and exercising too.  Millions of people use it every day. :shrug:
Thanks.

I had been traveling a lot towards the end of the year, eating a lot of rich foods, boozing a bit too much etc. That's when I was running into some issues down there.

Weight and health and generally ok. Had been putting off on taking anything because didn't want to deal with any potential explosive issues while traveling, flying etc but have 2 week window here where I'm good to go.

For this MetaMucil thing you just mix it into water and drink. Instructions say to up dosage as you go.

Going to the gym at lunch. We'll see if anything shakes loose.
Not to downplay this but don’t lots of people take Metamucil every day?  I just assumed there was more to this cleanse.  

Good luck though!  I hope you #### your brains out!

Not to downplay this but don’t lots of people take Metamucil every day?  I just assumed there was more to this cleanse.  

Good luck though!  I hope you #### your brains out!
They are specifically calling it a "cleanse" in their advertising but that is likely just some buzzword language so it may just be their normal stuff.

I will never forget the first time I was called a hero. 

During one of the last big house parties of my high school career we were faced with a late night dilemma:  we were out of beer.  Much of the party was run off at that point, but a dedicated group of drinkers maintained on the rumor that there was some "secret booze" somewhere in the house.  That rumor game to fruition as the host managed to find a handle of her mother's hooch.  I do not recall the brand, but it was in a clear plastic bottle, and we pretty much thought we were the luckiest kids in the world at this find. 

Until we tasted it. 

It was gin.  We couldn't even pretend to like it, it was a new, undesirable flavor for all of us, and as much as we wanted too, we just could not drink it straight.  So a fruitless quest for mixers began - the house was all but ravaged at this point and there was nothing good left.  Cork thought it would be a good idea to mix gin with milk: he puked on the kitchen floor, slipped in it, and pretty much passed out on the spot.  One of the girls got a brilliant idea to mix it with bananas in the blender... there were only about 4 bananas, and there was no ice, that just wasted booze and upset us rowdies.  

Then I made a discovery.

The host's father had the biggest tub of Metamucil that I have ever seen stashed under his sink in the master bathroom.  I did not admit where I found it  :unsure:   but none the less, walked that beast downstairs held high like baby Simba in the Lion King. Some were hesitant at first, and to be honest I was a bit apprehensive as well because all I knew was that Metamucil had something to do with poop.  But I persevered, mixed up a healthy sized drink and proceeded to just flat out down it.  I slammed the cup on the table expecting to hear a triumphant roar for them dozen or so people still there at the time.  But all I got was Cork suddenly waking up saying how I was about to puke too.  

Everyone laughed, like hard... it was pretty hilarious in retrospect.

Anyway, I immediately made another and before I had a chance to finish there were cups queued up on the table waiting to be filled.  Once others were able to taste the brilliance of my discovery it became clear that I had, in fact, saved the day.   I was called a hero many times in the following hour or so, it is a memory I hope to eventually capture on my tombstone along with the phrase "Suck it Cork!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I use daily for the cholesterol benefits.  I'm not sure if it's the Metamucil or better exercise but my levels dropped about 30%.

I will never forget the first time I was called a hero. 

During one of the last big house parties of my high school career we were faced with a late night dilemma:  we were out of beer.  Much of the party was run off at that point, but a dedicated group of drinkers maintained on the rumor that there was some "secret booze" somewhere in the house.  That rumor game to fruition as the host managed to find a handle of her mother's hooch.  I do not recall the brand, but it was in a clear plastic bottle, and we pretty much thought we were the luckiest kids in the world at this find. 

Until we tasted it. 

It was gin.  We couldn't even pretend to like it, it was a new, undesirable flavor for all of us, and as much as we wanted too, we just could not drink it straight.  So a fruitless quest for mixers began - the house was all but ravaged at this point and there was nothing good left.  Cork thought it would be a good idea to mix gin with milk: he puked on the kitchen floor, slipped in it, and pretty much passed out on the spot.  One of the girls got a brilliant idea to mix it with bananas in the blender... there were only about 4 bananas, and there was no ice, that just wasted booze and upset us rowdies.  

Then I made a discovery.

The host's father had the biggest tub of Metamucil that I have ever seen stashed under his sink in the master bathroom.  I did not admit where I found it  :unsure:   but none the less, walked that beast downstairs held high like baby Simba in the Lion King. Some were hesitant at first, and to be honest I was a bit apprehensive as well because all I knew was that Metamucil had something to do with poop.  But I persevered, mixed up a healthy sized drink and proceeded to just flat out down it.  I slammed the cup on the table expecting to hear a triumphant roar for them dozen or so people still there at the time.  But all I got was Cork suddenly waking up saying how I was about to puke too.  

Everyone laughed, like hard... it was pretty hilarious in retrospect.

Anyway, I immediately made another and before I had a chance to finish there were cups queued up on the table waiting to be filled.  Once others were able to taste the brilliance of my discovery it became clear that I had, in fact, saved the day.   I was called a hero many times in the following hour or so, it is a memory I hope to eventually capture on my tombstone along with the phrase "Suck it Cork!"
I will mix some with gin tonight in your honor.

If you want to clean out your colon, why not just do the pre-colonoscopy routine?  It's only one night and it cleans everything out of your body.  It's a combination of Metamucil, Duralax and 60oz of Gatorade.  Takes about 8 hours and you'll be fully cleansed.

Edit:  I've been corrected in this thread, but want to make sure it's clear - I meant Miralax and Ducolax.

If you want to clean out your colon, why not just do the pre-colonoscopy routine?  It's only one night and it cleans everything out of your body.  It's a combination of Metamucil, Duralax and 60oz of Gatorade.  Takes about 8 hours and you'll be fully cleansed.
Tell me more please.  This has the makings of a good fad diet.

So are you eating like normal or are you just limiting it to the metamucil?  When I saw this, I though just metamucil and no other food.

If you want to clean out your colon, why not just do the pre-colonoscopy routine?  It's only one night and it cleans everything out of your body.  It's a combination of Metamucil (Miralax), Duralax and 60oz of Gatorade.  Takes about 8 hours and you'll be fully cleansed.
Corrected.

So are you eating like normal or are you just limiting it to the metamucil?  When I saw this, I though just metamucil and no other food.
Eating normally. Looking at the ingredients it's just "Psyllium Husk" not even overly loaded with fiber according to the daily %.

Day 2 and nothing of note. Going to up the dosage after a day or so more per the instructions.

Eating normally. Looking at the ingredients it's just "Psyllium Husk" not even overly loaded with fiber according to the daily %.

Day 2 and nothing of note. Going to up the dosage after a day or so more per the instructions.
Take 1 TBS 2x a day (morning and before bed) with 16oz water.  Eat an apple in the afternoon.  And drink a lot of water all day.

Buckychudd said:
I was spitballing the number a little.  Went back and checked and it's actually 23%.

No drugs, just increased fiber intake and weight lifting. 
That's still great.  I might start back in on fiber therapy a couple of weeks before my dr. visit next month.  Started walking 5 miles 3-4 days a week and quit drinking after the Super Bowl.  Hoping for a reduction in my readings too.  :thumbup:

I’ve slowly added higher fiber foods to my regular diet.  No big jumps, or dieting, pretty much just looking for trade offs here and there.  I don’t have to explicitly think about it anymore, which makes things very easy.

I’ve slowly added higher fiber foods to my regular diet.  No big jumps, or dieting, pretty much just looking for trade offs here and there.  I don’t have to explicitly think about it anymore, which makes things very easy.
What sort of things have you added?  I'm an apple a day sort of guy, but have recently been eating oranges too and that's seemed to cut out the need for drinking fiber.  Curious what else I could add.  Thanks.

I take it with me whenever I am on the road for work or vacation.  Start a day before I leave.

At home I get up and have one cup of coffee and boom! 

If I drive to Chicago in the afternoon check into my hotel at night..get up have a cup of coffee and nothing. Next day nothing.. Same thing when I am on vacation. I don`t get it.

Wait. You're eating your regular diet and just adding some metamucil fiber? That's the "Metamucil Cleanse"?
It's MetaMucil and they call it a "Cleanse" on the packaging so I assumed that meant I was going to cleanse the #### out of my colon in some type of potentially dramatic matter. So far business as usual.

It's like they are trying to trick me out of my money.

If you want to clean out your colon, why not just do the pre-colonoscopy routine?  It's only one night and it cleans everything out of your body.  It's a combination of Metamucil, Duralax (Dulcolax) and 60oz of Gatorade.  Takes about 8 hours and you'll be fully cleansed.
Corrected.

I do this on occasion when especially backed up. You have to drink 8 oz. of the mixture every 15 minutes until it's gone. It works really well but you'd better start early in the day and be prepared to stay home close to the ####er.

I made the mistake one time of starting too late on a Sunday. I had several issues on Monday at work. 

Cleanse is a 100% marketing word.  You "cleanse" your body by having functional kidneys and a liver.
Exactly what he said. The human body is very powerful when it comes to eliminating toxins. If you want to cleanse your body, just stop consuming toxins. And if you want a fiber that will give you quicker results, get yourself some konjac root. Better yet, eat a handful of capsules before every meal and you'll feel full faster. Might cause you to eat less and lose some weight. Careful with that stuff if your body is really toxic though.

Corrected.

I do this on occasion when especially backed up. You have to drink 8 oz. of the mixture every 15 minutes until it's gone. It works really well but you'd better start early in the day and be prepared to stay home close to the ####er.

I made the mistake one time of starting too late on a Sunday. I had several issues on Monday at work. 
Ha. I needed to be corrected twice on that. Miralax and Dulcolax it is.  Thanks. 

Have you guys seen the antacid commercial where the dude eats like crap, and has all these "meals" sneaking up on him? "While heartburn can be planned for on family taco night, a spontaneous pizza party at the office could prove more troubling." Dude is planning on getting heartburn. Props to the General for taking a step to better himself through diet.

Have you guys seen the antacid commercial where the dude eats like crap, and has all these "meals" sneaking up on him? "While heartburn can be planned for on family taco night, a spontaneous pizza party at the office could prove more troubling." Dude is planning on getting heartburn. Props to the General for taking a step to better himself through diet.
You seem a little constipated. You want to borrow some MetaMucil?

No man. I was being sincere. Plus I already got a bottle of psyllium in my kitchen. I never use it though. Not worth it. If I fiber supplement it's konjac root, also known as glucomannan. They also make noodles out of it - packed in water, usually found in the refrigerated section of Asian markets. It absorbes a crap ton more water than psyllium, so to speak, and brings the water into your bowels, loosens everything up. That's another good point, too - make sure you're staying hydrated. Water acts as a lubricant inside the body, helps everything. Your body might be dedicating too much water to cleanse itself instead of lubricating your bowel. Yet another reason to cut back on dietary toxins.

Users who are viewing this thread