What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My new air fryer arrived!!!! (1 Viewer)

supermike80

Footballguy
Already have some onion rings that will be going in that bad boy tonight.  Any suggestions for an entree like dish?  I swear I'm so damn excited about this thing I want to leave work early.

I need a life.

Very curious about these. Had a friend do a quick demo with some potatoes and I was very impressed.

Which one did you get?

We use it weekly. Fries, steak, mozzarella sticks, wings etc. very convienient and quicker than an oven. We usually put everything on the French fry mode and adjust time from there

Wings are excellent. You can make most anything in there.

As an example of the randomness, I made hot dogs in there before, tasted like they came off the grill. 6 minutes in the air fryer, put them in the bun, another 90 seconds, excellent. 

I made baked potatoes in the oven on Sunday night, there were leftovers. Wife took them, cut them up into small pieces, threw them in the air fryer last night, delicious. 

Air fryer is fantastic.

I skipped that and stole a Breville Smart Oven Air from Amazon for $259 on Black Friday.

Works as an air fryer, glorified toaster oven, oven, etc. Used it for a turkey on Xmas. Air frying breaded chicken and fries for the kids all the time. 

Not a lot of recipe books though. A lot of trial and error cooking things the first time. 

supermike80 said:
Already have some onion rings that will be going in that bad boy tonight.  Any suggestions for an entree like dish?  I swear I'm so damn excited about this thing I want to leave work early.

I need a life.
Try the Stromboli recipe, also if you got a 5.5 QT or bigger, whole roasted chickens are very good.

Chaka said:
Very curious about these. Had a friend do a quick demo with some potatoes and I was very impressed.

Which one did you get?
Went with the Goumisa 6QT.  Saw good reviews for it and costco has it for an insanely cheap price compared to the competition.  Plus, only model with a stainless steel finish, which fits in well with our existing appliances.  

Last edited by a moderator:
In-laws gave us one for Christmas. Still in the box. They clearly don't respect my bad-### propane full power deep fryer.

Not sure I can bring myself to use that air one. 

My wife got it as a gift for Christmas. She made wings in it for the SB. She did one batch in the oven and one in the air fryer. I thought the bathc in the oven were crispier and tasted better. I was disappointed. Hopefully you guys find some better success and let me know what to try. 

Love the air fryer we got for Xmas. Works great for any frozen snacks like fries,onion rings, cheese sticks and such. Have also cooked chicken(thighs,wings,breast,strips), pork chops, burgers, Italian sausage and bacon. I like it for bacon as it keeps the grease in one place and not splattering everywhere.

One thing I noticed while air frying breaded chicken or the like is it doesn't get crisp like when it's deep fried. 

Any tips to help with that? Somebody suggested spraying olive oil on them prior to cooking. ??

One thing I noticed while air frying breaded chicken or the like is it doesn't get crisp like when it's deep fried. 

Any tips to help with that? Somebody suggested spraying olive oil on them prior to cooking. ??
Yes spray with oil, also try some baking powder in your breading

I put tortillas in there for quick quesadillas or sub for my normal oil-based 'fried' tacos - kinda like a chimi.

I put tortillas in there for quick quesadillas or sub for my normal oil-based 'fried' tacos - kinda like a chimi.
Wait, you just put the tortilla in or can you put it in with the cheese too?  I haven't even reached air fryer rookie status yet so yeah that's a serious question  :lol:

Made boneless chicken breasts in ours yesterday... Salmon today (excellent)..  It works for just about anything.  I'd say 9 out of 10 meals we cook in there are not breaded either.  It is just super convenient to cook a boneless chicken breast in like 12 minutes. 

I'm on my second air fryer. We use it more than once or twice a week. When my son moved out of the house and into his own apartment, this was the first appliance he bought for himself. Almost anything you can typically find in the frozen food section tastes better here than in an oven, and it's faster too - burritos, chimichangas, empenadas, chicken strips, breaded shrimp, pizza rolls, corn dogs, bagel bites, chicken cordon bleu, etc. 

Don't judge me.

It's not a deep fryer and will never match the texture of something properly fried in oil.

They can make a fine approximation but it will always fall a little short.

My wife got it as a gift for Christmas. She made wings in it for the SB. She did one batch in the oven and one in the air fryer. I thought the bathc in the oven were crispier and tasted better. I was disappointed. Hopefully you guys find some better success and let me know what to try. 
We got one at Costco, used it once and returned it. Was terrible.

Aside from the microwave...

What was the last kitchen gadget (like plug in) that actually stuck around?

The Kuerig thing?

Longer than the air fryer and the sous vide is a weekly or multi weekly use for me....and sous vide has been around since the 1800s.
Aight...

But have those become standard in the typical home?

I mean we have microwaves, drip coffee makers (Mr. Coffee), coffee pod makers...you can find those in most kitchens.  AND they are used a lot.

Remember hot air popcorn poppers? Juicers?  Mandolin slicers?  Fondue pots?  The baby/daddy fryer?

I was gifted a quesadilla make about 15 years ago that was really cool.  But it took up a lot of room.  Just as easy to make them in a pan/on a grill.

Aside from the microwave...

What was the last kitchen gadget (like plug in) that actually stuck around?

The Kuerig thing?
You might have a point.  Aside from the Keurig and a juicer than I use pretty often--I'd probably say maybe the Instant Pot.   Most of the other novelty type cooking devices that I have are just collecting dust.   I think I still have a George Foreman grill from many years ago.  I don't even know if those things are still being made.  

It's all I cook in my air fryer. Glorious old Bay wings.
I make wings several different ways.

our fryer is a pain to clean, but i like these a bit

sometimes bake at low temp

sometimes a combo of bake then fry

sometimes grill

will always use some type of rub (often cajun/creole)

will sometimes use a sauce to toss them in (Caribbean, thai, korean, traditional franks and butter, bbq)

Users who are viewing this thread