What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Minute Gift for Wife? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Need to grab her something small besides flowers on the way home tonight, anyone in the same boat?

What are you picking up?

Never have been in this boat, never will be in this boat. If I need to go out of my way on a day like today ( or sweetest's day) to show my wife that she's loved and appreciated then I'm doing something wrong over the other 364 days of the year. 

fantasycurse42 said:
Need to grab her something small besides flowers on the way home tonight, anyone in the same boat?

What are you picking up?
caviar w bellinis and creme fraiche.

She doesn't like caviar, her palate is terrible, no fish/seafood/etc... Possibly the top complaint I have about my wife. 
I'm in the same boat, palate-wise. she doesn't like anything with flavor- most ethnic foods. 

but if it's euro and expensive, she's all aboard. she could probably live on caviar and lobster

Never have been in this boat, never will be in this boat. If I need to go out of my way on a day like today ( or sweetest's day) to show my wife that she's loved and appreciated then I'm doing something wrong over the other 364 days of the year. 
Same here.  I'll send my wife flowers at work for a birthday or anniversary but not Valentines day.   We haven't exchange gifts on Valentines day in 20 years.

I'm in the same boat, palate-wise. she doesn't like anything with flavor- most ethnic foods. 

but if it's euro and expensive, she's all aboard. she could probably live on caviar and lobster
Last summer she said she was willing to expand, I made a reservation at Nobu... She ordered

chicken teriyaki

I've given up. The good news for me though is she doesn't need the expensive Euro stuff.

fantasycurse42 said:

What are you picking up?
2 for 1 reeses hearts.  $1.49 no flowers.  no card.  my wife is hella cool

Same here.  I'll send my wife flowers at work for a birthday or anniversary but not Valentines day.   We haven't exchange gifts on Valentines day in 20 years.
I don't really get a gift, so I wouldn't call it an exchange. She'll get some flowers that she can put in a vase on a table and something small, just for a quick smile. The only thing I'm rooting for is a blue/brown dot in return. 

It's a little late, unless you are stopping at a jewelry store, but if your wife likes jewelry/bracelets you can't go wrong with a Pandora Bracelet. 

My wife asked for a bracelet last Christmas and it makes buying gifts for Birthday, Anniversary, Valentines, etc. so easy now.

I just visit the Pandora Charm site. Find a new Charm and done!! 

I'm sure in a few years she'll tell me she has enough charms, but until then :)

In all seriousness. 

If you are still in the town where you guys met, load up your wife (and kids if you have kids), and take them to the place where you met your wife. Say something along the lines of:

"This where it all began for us, and I would start my journey with you from here again."

You will get brown dot, orange dot, Captain Kirk dot, purple dot, squirrel sex dot, goldenplane dot....all of it. 

In all seriousness. 

If you are still in the town where you guys met, load up your wife (and kids if you have kids), and take them to the place where you met your wife. Say something along the lines of:

"This where it all began for us, and I would start my journey with you from here again."

You will get brown dot, orange dot, Captain Kirk dot, purple dot, squirrel sex dot, goldenplane dot....all of it. 
It's like 10-12 blocks from my apartment, we walk by it at least 1-2x a month.

I don't think we've eaten there since our first date. 

Regardless, she has heart shaped ravioli and sausage she is already making. 

My wife is just into this stupid ####. As an example, she packed my older son 25 goodie bags for every kid in his class today and had him write out cards for them all too (simple stuff; to xyz love fc42jr). Younger one got stickers and lollipops for those in his class, it's more of a nursery school than an actual class. 

Wife doesn't want flowers on Vday (too cliche), but also doesn't want to spend a lot of $$ on these types of days.  Used to do candy, but now she's on a "cleanse diet", so that's a no go.  I have no idea what to do for her.  So I'm tagging along on this thread looking for suggestions.

And she just got a new vacuum, so that's out of the question...

Wife doesn't want flowers on Vday (too cliche), but also doesn't want to spend a lot of $$ on these types of days.  Used to do candy, but now she's on a "cleanse diet", so that's a no go.  I have no idea what to do for her.  So I'm tagging along on this thread looking for suggestions.

And she just got a new vacuum, so that's out of the question...
link. ywia.

In all seriousness. 

Wouldn't be very romantic for us..

Our first meet up, that lead to a "date", was at work in the break room..
She had arrived the night before at a party where I had passed out after 3 hours of quarter matches and accused me of not being able to hold my liquor..
Challenged her to a quarters match for Friday night and the rest is history :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:
The card I got my wife had a photo of an elderly couple on the front.  The front says "Here is the secret to a long-lasting marriage".

Inside was the same photo but with a speech bubble above the old lady

"...he's my 8itch"

Users who are viewing this thread