What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Valentine's present from your wife/gf? **ALLERT-CARDS DON"T COUNT*** (1 Viewer)

Well- do you?

• yes

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • no

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • I don't have a girlfriend or wife but feel like I need to answer this pogl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

El Floppo

Footballguy
FC's thread got me wondering- how normal is it for guys to get presents from their significant others?

I'm not talking about the hoped for dot or that'd be in the butt, bob, or other sex act that costs them nothing except their pride. something they'd go out and buy at a store or make and give to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got me something to help clear out the sinuses...but thats about as crazy as we get.

Don't have to I suppose but some flowers to the office is always nice. 800flowers makes it very easy.

ETA: Misread the question...I get a card usually, maybe a dessert made.

everyone always goes out and gets stuff that dies or that you will not use why not stop off at the store and pick her up a nice box of tacitos you get home microwave those puppies up and everyone is living the high life and no flowers had to be raised just to be chopped to death right in there prime that is all i am sayin take that to the bank bromigos 

Just a card. I usually try get something with the card for her, whether it's chocolate and or flowers and or gift card or something.

Also this is the worst ####### holiday. I hated it when I was single and I hate it more when I’m married because without fail some jackhole will do something over the top which will hit Facebook or whatever and then my stuff doesn’t look so good. 

Just a card.  We went out for a nice dinner for early celebration last weekend -- not really a present from one to the other though, as paid for out of joint account.

Nope, and she knows I hate cards.

She'll do Zumba tonight, I'll take care of the kids. 

We're a thrill a minute.

She gave me a card.  And wrote in it she got me one in part because she knows it irritates me.  She gets me.

In return I've been sending her obnoxious gif's continuously throughout the day.

I bought myself a TaylorMade Spyder putter that arrived last night, does that count ?  No she doesn't get me anything more then a card and an after hours thank you  :pickle: and I don't really need her to. I get her a couple cards (one serious, one funny/sexy) and something like chocolate covered strawberries or a treat from Coldstone.

so ran to Target at lunch to pick up one of the 3 Valentines day cards left.

They had Galentines Day cards

:confused: :unsure:

FC's thread got me wondering- how normal is it for guys to get presents from their significant others?

I'm not talking about the hoped for dot or that'd be in the butt, bob, or other sex act that costs them nothing except their pride. something they'd go out and buy at a store or make and give to you.
My first desire her.. 2nd desire Chocolate.. and I tend to get both :wub:  

My wife is a big gift giver and receiver, so yes we exchange on valentine's day as well.  Nothing over the top, but good and services are both exchanged.

Told the gf we were not doing gifts.  Taking her out to dinner.   She got me a nice Tiger Woods golf shirt.  She's getting nothing but dinner.

My wife actually thinks it’s a stupid made up holiday. She also hates cards and while she likes flowers, she’d rather the money be spent on something else.

She makes a Valentine’s Day dinner for our girls. 

Cards are stupid and a total waste of money.  Wife and I haven't given a card to each other in over 20+ years. 

Lol, I got a 4 pack of Reeses Filled Muffins with a bow and sticky note saying Happy Valentines Day, but even that took effort, as I do all the grocery shopping and cooking.  She maybe steps foot into a store to buy groceries maybe 2x/year.  

I hate buying cards.. Read, thanks, trash.. But wife loves them and got mad one year when I didn't buy one for her Birthday..

We both agreed tonight though that cards for Valentines is Stupid..

So next year, for Valentines, we've decided we will go to hallmark together, find a card for each other, read them, and put them back on the shelf.. :thumbup:

I bought myself a heart shaped box of beef jerky for her to give me

She also got me a ceramic chicken for the kitchen

i bought her a box of chocolates, but they have to be the pillowy type box and she saves them and puts them out as decoration 

Been married 12 years, 15 since we started dating.  I think I used to get a card.  I don't remember.  I don't even get Christmas gifts from her anymore.

So yeah my 9 year old son told my wife we got her something for Valentines Day (we didn't) and then scolded me when I told him we didn't. So next year Ill get her something. We still did stuff last night :pickle:

I hate buying cards.. Read, thanks, trash.. But wife loves them and got mad one year when I didn't buy one for her Birthday..

We both agreed tonight though that cards for Valentines is Stupid..

So next year, for Valentines, we've decided we will go to hallmark together, find a card for each other, read them, and put them back on the shelf.. :thumbup:
I think cards are stupid as well, but my wife loves them.  One year, when at the last minute I realized I didn't have one, I took a piece of copy paper, folded it in half, and drew some flowers on the front.  I wrote a personal note on the inside.  It was her favorite card ever, and it began a tradition.  My teenage boys still ask me "are you going to draw your flowers again this year?"

Of course this year I forgot...

My wife gave me a pair of boxers with her face and a few other things sublimated all over them. Pretty hilarious. If i knew how to post a pic, i would.

Update: I managed to piss her off and she went to bed angry. I slept on the couch with the only female who's ever truly loved me, my dog. 

Users who are viewing this thread