What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NFL Offseason Predictions (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
I've had the off season on my mind all week, so i put together a list of moves, with a 1st round mock included. If a player wasn't listed, I didn't view them as relevant enough, or I think they are likely staying put. I listed it by draft order, so each teams FA moves, would be easier to find. Anyway...

1. Arizona= Nick Bosa ED Ohio State, Bosa is thought to be both the safest, and most impactful player in this class. Ideally the Cards would trade down, but I didn't want to project trades. Bosa opposite Chandler Jones could be a headache for opposing QB's.

WR Tyrell Williams=The Cardinals need an outside WR, and Williams bring a great size/speed combo to the offense. Also allows Fitz to stay in the slot.

OL D.J. Fluker=A decent lineman with versatility, can play either guard or tackle. Likely Iupati replacement.

LB Denzel Perryman=Cards have been messing around with undersized LB's for too long. Perryman isn't a monster, but he's not a safety playing out of position either.

2. San Francisco= Josh Allen ED Kentucky, arguably an even better pass rusher than Bosa, though maybe rougher around the edges, Allen gives the 49ers another impact rusher. 

WR Devin Funchess=Gives the 49ers a WR with size, opposite Pettis and Goodwin.

OL Ramon Foster=Josh Garnett has never really panned out. Foster is 33, but is still a solid all around player.

S Adrian Amos=A big time safety, who the Bears just seems willing to let walk. Amos is a jack of all trades, and could be used very creatively is San Fran.

3. N.Y. Jets=Rashan Gary, maybe a little high, but the upside is through the roof. Jets have needed an edge rusher since the Rex Ryan days.

RB Le'Veon Bell=The Jets have the best combo of RB need, and money to spend. I doubt Bell gets as much as he wants, but he'll likely be the NFL's top paid RB. Should take pressure off Darnold.

OT Ja' Wuan James=Follows Gase from Miami, where he was an above average starter for most of his career. 

CB Ronald Darby=Has been a solid CB when healthy. Philly would like to keep him, but their cap issues are the Jets gain. 

4. Oakland=Clelin Ferrell=Yep, that is 4 straight pass rushers to start the draft. The Raiders had arguably the worst pass rush in NFL history last year. 1 guy won't fix that, but its a start.

QB Blake Bortles=A Gruden reclamation project. Also gives them an option in case Carr gets in the doghouse.

RB Mark ingram=I'm assuming Lynch retires, with that in mind, Ingram gives Oakland a quality starter, who doesn't need to be fed early and often to get going.

OT Daryl Williams=The Raiders OT play was embarrassing last year. Williams is a year removed from pro bowl season, and still very young.

5. Tampa Bay=Quinnen Williams IL Alabama, in my eyes, he's the best player in the draft, but interior guys aren't usually prioritized the same as edge guys. Tampa seems likely to switch to a 3-4, so a D-line of Williams/McCoy at end, and Vea on the nose, sounds promising.

RB C.J. Anderson=The Bucs have little cap room, so bargain shopping it is. Anderson earned himself a starting shot this postseason, and the Bucs have an opening.

OT LaAdrian Waddle=I expect Donovan Smith to be tagged, Waddle is cheap insurance, swing depth.

CB Jason Verrett=Who knows if he has anything left, but he's still young, and he'll be very cheap.

6. N.Y. Giants=Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State, I mean, they have to take a QB right. Haskins has the arm to cut through the late season east coast weather, and his inexperience allows Eli to be a bridge.

WR Donte Moncrief=They could use another WR behind OBJ/Shepard, and Moncrief shouldn't be too expensive this year, he shouldn't have been last year either.

OT Kendall Lamm=A good enough tackle, he fills a hole at RT, while being young enough to maybe be a long term fixture.

CB Steven Nelson=Had a nice breakout year in KC, just in time for free agency. Time will tell if that was a fluke or not, but I doubt it will be the Chiefs who find out.

7. Jacksonville=Drew Lock QB Missouri, I think he starts moving up boards soon. I don't think the Jags will be able to raise the money for Foles, without losing too much on defense. At times, Lock gives off a Matt Stafford vibe.Of course, I felt that way about Rosen last year too.

TE Levine Toilolo=No cap room, means no big additions. Toilolo is a solid blocker, with ok hands. I think the Jags are fine with that.

OL Andy Levitre=Been plagued with injuries lately, still a solid veteran blocker who could come cheap.

CB Bryce Callahan=Tough to tell if he's good or a product of Bears D, probably a bit of both. Jags really missed Colvin, and Callahan should give them a slot upgrade.

8. Detroit=Greedy Williams CB LSU, Williams has prototype size, and flashes lockdown ability. He and Slay could give Matt Patricia a lot of defensive freedom.

WR Jamison Crowder=The offense averaged 7 fewer PPG after the Tate deal. Stafford needs a reliable slot WR, and Crowder is that, provided he can stay on the field.

ED Trey Flowers=This is a dot connect I think everyone is putting together. Need+Familiarity+Money.

ED Z'Darius Smith=Lions double up on pass rushers. Smith was always up and down for Ravens, but played well in contract year.

9. Buffalo=Jawaan Taylor OT Florida, better blocking should help the entire Bills offense, and Allen needs the time, as he's slow to read things so far. Dawkins/Taylor not a bad young tackle duo.

TE Jared Cook=Josh Allen could use weapons, and TE is a solid place to start. Cook has developed into a solid seam stretcher.

IL Sheldon Richardson=Kyle Williams retirement leaves a hole in the middle. Richardson has been solid when healthy the last 2 years.

CB Darqueze Dennard=Solid slot corner, helps the Bills continue to build a really strong secondary, that is also pretty cheap.

10. Denver=Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma, I don't think the Flacco deal prevents this at all. Murray likely needs some time, and Mahomes success probably lends more credence to the QB sitting idea. Murray is a game changer in my eyes, and the best QB in the draft, but several teams will likely just see his height and find reasons to pass.

TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins=Was ok in NY, before an injury plagued year with the Jags. Still only 26, and is a good blocker.

OT Jared Veldheer=I think he finds his way back, despite a somewhat disappointing season. He's got a decent track record, and there isn't a ton at OT.

S Tyrann Mathieu=Fangio loves his playmaking DB's. Honey Badger may not be what he once was, but he's still pretty good.

11. Cincinnati=Daniel Jones QB Duke, bit of a curveball here. I think Zac Taylor will want his own QB to develop. Dalton likely starts the season, but he's on borrowed time.

TE Tyler Eifert=Why not? He's cheap, he's familiar, he's talented when healthy. 

OT Joe Barksdale=A patch for RT. The Bengals have had a hole there for years, and while Barksdale is nothing special, he can at least hold his own.

LB K.J. Wright=They need some direction at LB. Wright is a good leader, and can help change the atmosphere of the team. Also, he's an upgrade on the field too.

12. Green Bay=Montez Sweat ED Mississippi, Packer fans rejoice as they finally get a 1st round pass rusher. Sweat has some holes, but has a high ceiling.

TE Jeff Heuerman=An upgrade at #2 TE, behind Graham, who I think sticks. Jack of all trades type.

OL John Miller=RG has been a rough spot, since they broke up Lang/Sitton so many years ago. Miller is a patch, but better than what they had last year.

LB Thomas Davis=A solid veteran addition, who can help the younger LB's develop, while still being useful on the field.

13. Miami=Jeffery Simmons IL Mississippi State, a top-5 prospect in my opinion, a torn knee and a domestic incident are all that stops him from being higher. Miami is taking the long view here, since none of the QB's fell.

QB Case Keenum=Expecting him to be cut by Denver. He's boring, but competent. Likely serves as a bridge to a rookie next year. 

RB Mike Davis=Runs hard and should be cheap. Could fill Gore's shoes as the thunder to Drake's lightning.

OT Jordan Mills=Is a downgrade from James, but doesn't kill you. I think Miami is in a tank year.

14. Atlanta=Christian Wilkins IL Clemson, Wilkins is an NFL ready starter, who should fit in nicely beside Grady Jarrett(who I think will be tagged) only knock is he's already 24.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick=The Falcons have been playing it fast and loose with Schaub behind Ryan. With Koetter coming back from Tampa, I think Fitzpatrick could follow.

RB T.J. Yeldon=Tevin Coleman probably prices himself out of their market, but Yeldon is an ok fallback option.

OL A.J. Cann=A little bit younger option than Levitre, gives the Falcons another option, as they rebuild the Guard position.

15. Washington=T.J. Hockenson TE Iowa, bit of a curveball, but I think both Reed and Davis are in their final years in Washington. Hock will get to learn for a year, then start in 2020.

QB Nick Foles=I think its easier for them to make cap room than the Jags. Foles is a good fit for Gruden's offense, and the Redskins love sticking it to rivals.

OL Jeff Allen=A useful utility player. The Redskins o-line is good, but injuries have been brutal 2 years running.

ED Brandon Graham=The pilfering of Philly continues. The Eagles cap situation is dire, and good players will be leaving. Graham/Payne/Allen/Kerrigan is a hell of a front. 

16. Carolina=Jonah Williams OT Alabama, I see a lot of people wanting to move him to Guard, and I don't get it. He's a great Tackle prospect. Huge upgrade from Kalil. He and Moton make for a nice young OT duo.

QB Tyrod Taylor=Cam is starting to really break down, Taylor gives them a solid backup, that they don't need to change the offense for.

ED Shane Ray=Never really panned out for Denver, but still young and worth a look. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes.

CB Kareem Jackson=Panthers were out manned  in the passing game last season. Jackson had a nice resurgent year last season, and brings veteran leadership.

17. Cleveland=Ed Oliver IL Houston, Oliver is a gap shooter, and should fit nicely between Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi. Some Grady Jarrett to his game, which Is why he's often mocked to Atlanta.

OT Trent Brown=LT is the Browns biggest need, and Brown just had Brady's back, surely he'll be nice for Mayfield.

LB Anthony Barr=Been very up and down, but great at his peak. Change of scenery should help, seemed to get in Zimmer's doghouse at times.

S Earl Thomas=The Browns spend big, to get a tag partner for Peppers. Randall gets pushed to the bench/slot. Thomas helps bring that culture of winning that Browns have needed.

18. Minnesota=Devin White LB LSU, Vikings fans groan hoping for an o-lineman, but White is BPA and fills a need, he's also for Spielman's style. White has excellent range sideline-to-sideline.

QB Brock Osweiler=Lack of cap room leads to the discount rack. Kubiak connection here, and he was actually decent in Miami, including an upset over Chicago.

WR Cole Beasley=I think he's an excellent fit for Cousins. Should be very cheap as an older/slot only guy. 3-wide set of Thielen/Diggs/Beasley is impossible to man cover, and they all eat up zones.

OT Ty Sambrailo=A Spielman type. 27, former day 2 pick, played for Kubiak. Was solid in relief in Atlanta last year.

19. Tennessee=Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma, outstanding deep threat. Small, but is constantly shedding tacklers. Young D-Jax maybe? Titans could use another playmaker.

QB Robert Griffin=With Mariota's injury history, an upgrade at backup QB is needed, you'd like to see them aim higher, but really almost anything is better than Gabbert.

OL Mike Iupati=He's not the player he once was, but he's still able to move a pile, and for what the Titans want, could be an upgrade for them.

ED Preston Smith=With Orakpo retired, and Morgan likely gone, Smith gives them a younger, higher upside option opposite Landry.

20. Pittsburgh=Trayvon Mullen CB Clemson, Mullen is a guy I expect to rise up boards. The Steelers have a few issues at CB, with only Haden being reliable. Hilton is a slot only guy, and Burns has been benched multiple times.

WR Phillip Dorsett=I think Brown ends up staying, however, i think Dorsett makes sense as a cheap pickup just in case that gets revisited in the summer. I don't think Washington is ready yet.

OT Chris Clark=Strictly a depth signing. Foster is almost certain to walk, and Gilbert is 50-50. Depth is needed.

LB Mychal Kendricks=So far it seems like he will be eligible to play, and LB plagued the Steelers all year, where Fort was probably their best guy. A veteran addition can't hurt.

21. Seattle=Johnathan Abram S Mississippi State, with Thomas almost a lock to leave, Safety needs to be restocked. 

OL Mitch Morse=Seattle has needed interior help for some time. Morse is a good player, but the Chiefs have bigger names to re-sign. 

IL Ndamukong Suh=I think Seattle makes a splash on defense, and they have the cap room to do so, I also think they tag Frank Clark. They are coming for LA's division crown. 

LB Jordan Hicks=Another guy the Eagles can't afford to attain, Hicks brings youth and speed upgrades on KJ Wright. Needs to stay healthy though.

22. Baltimore=Kelvin Harmon WR NC State, Harmon brings some size and contested catch ability to the position, which is something I think Jackson will benefit from.

OL James Carpenter=The Ravens interior line play other than Yanda was awful last year. Carpenter is a patch, but a sizable upgrade.

ED Ezekiel Ansah=The Ravens front 7 is doing some housecleaning. Ansah is a guy I think will be cheaper than expected due to recent durability issues.

LB Kwon Alexander= Another cheaper addition. I think Mosley will be tagged, but the Ravens use 3 off ball LB's as often as any team in the league.

23. Houston=Andre Dillard OT Washington State, I think he's a higher upside prospect than Risner. He's actually been compared to a young Duane Brown. Texans have been most sacked team 2 years running, regardless of QB.

RB Tevin Coleman=The Texans have a lot of cap space, so I think there is room for a Miller/Coleman/Foreman trio. I'm expecting a similar role as Atlanta.

ED Jadeveon Clowney=I'm highlighting him, because I think they agree to a longterm contract. Too important to let walk, especially with all their cap space.

CB Bradley Roby=Was overmatched last year, where he was covering most teams #1 as Harris usually stayed in the slot. With less asked of him, perhaps he'll bounce back.

24. Oakland=D.K. Metcalf WR Mississippi, an elite athlete, there are questions about his route running and durability. Sky-high upside though.

25. Philadelphia=Deandre Baker CB Georgia, probably should go higher, but he's not super flashy, just a consistently good CB. Eagles will be thrilled he fell.

RB Spencer Ware=Philly is the ultimate bargain shopping team. Ware gives them another option, without being someone they'd be beholden to.

WR Chris Hogan=A reliable set of hands. Was exposed a lot this season as a mediocre talent, still could do a lot worse as a 3rd or 4th WR.

LB Jake Ryan=Was coming on a bit, before missing the season due to injury. Don't think he's in the Packers plans.

26. Indianapolis= Dexter Lawrence IL Clemson, Indy can afford to go BPA a bit, Lawrence has some off field red flags, but can sometimes dominate on the field.

WR Golden Tate=Makes perfect sense as a slot guy, who run after catch skills. Maybe Ebron can help recruit him?

CB Pierre Desir=Should be signed to a longterm deal after really breaking out this past season.

S Landon Collins=Could be pricy, but nobody has more cap space.Looked like an all-pro prior to last year. Pairing him and Hooker could be a scary duo.

27. Oakland=Devin Bush, Oakland's LB play has been rough since they let Bowman go. Bush may be smaller than some would like, but he covers ground in a hurry.

28. L.A. Chargers=Dalton Risner OT Kansas State=I think Risner has a bit of a limited ceiling, but he's a good prospect. can slide in right away at RT.

QB Teddy Bridgewater=I don't see a starting job waiting for him anywhere. I think the media likes him more than the NFL does. Still this could be a potential heir apparent role.

WR Adam Humphries=Should come cheap(cheaper than retaining Williams) and allows team to keep 3-WR sets, could push Allen outside more, which might be better for everyone.

LB Deone Bucannon=Had 1 year where he looked the future of LB's, but has struggled ever since. Worth a flier for the Chargers.

29. Kansas City=Nasir Adderley S Delaware, true centerfielder the Chiefs need. Maybe more time will help Berry, but KC can't count on that.

WR Randall Cobb=Multiple down seasons in a row, and Cobb could be looking at a 1yr/2 mil kinda deal. I think he takes a cheaper deal with a good offense, in an effort to rehab his value before 30.

OL Nick Easton=Sometimes flashed in Minnesota, but inconsistent, and always banged up. Cheap depth, that could push for Morse's old job.

IL Henry Anderson=Sounds like they are switching to a 4-3, and while Houston and Ford(I think he'll be tagged) man the ends, Jones needs a partner inside.

30. Green Bay=Renell Wren IL Arizona State, another guy I expect to rise. Packers are rebuilding the front 7 on the fly. 

31. L.A. Rams=Jachai Polite ED Florida, feels super boom/bust to me. The media seems to agree as he's in many top-10's, and outside some 1st rounds. Wade Phillips tends to make these guys pan out.

QB Ryan Tannehill=He may be damaged goods, but I think rather than looking for a starting job, he'll look to rehab his value in a strong environment, ala Foles.

OL Rodger Saffold=I think he's a big key to the Rams offense, and they work out a long term deal.

S Lamarcus Joyner=Another long term deal candidate, despite a rough finish to the year.

32. New England=Jaylon Ferguson ED Louisiana Tech, losing Flowers hurts a lot, and might constitute taking a chance on a talented played with some off field issues.

TE Demetrius Harris=Gives them another pass catcher at TE. I expect more 2-TE sets assuming Gronk is back, which I do.

OT Greg Robinson=He's been taking baby steps since being a huge bust at #2 overall in 2014. I think he's an insurance policy/swing depending on Wynn's health/readiness.

LB Kyle Emanuel=Fits the Patriots mold of jack of all trades.

Chicago

WR Cordarrelle Patterson=Adds another toy to play with, but mostly a returner, allowing Cohen to play more at RB.

ED Clay Matthews=I think he's done with Green Bay, versatile player, who can split with Floyd, and kick to off ball LB in many sets.

S Ha-Ha Clinton Dix=Cheaper option than Amos, but still fills the dirty work role, allowing Jackson to ballhawk. 

Dallas

WR John Brown=Dallas needs another WR, and Beasley leaving allows Cooper to play more inside where he is among the NFL's best. Brown pushes Gallup to either step up, or be WR3.

TE C.J. Uzomah=Mediocre TE, gives depth, and can compete with Jarwin, whom I like.

IL Darius Philon=Had a nice season for the Chargers. Dallas could use another player up front.

New Orleans

RB Jay Ajayi=Cheaper than Ingram and possibly not a downgrade. Likely more insurance than timeshare with Kamara.

TE Jesse James=Better than what they had this year, if nothing special. Another useful weapon.

IL David Irving=Rankins is unlikely to be 100% healthy when the season starts, and Irving seems to have worn out his welcome in Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread