Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BassNBrew

2019 FBG WSL 2 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

I was happy to see I was drafting in the middle after the first two picks at the end. I wasn't sure why that was but I like it.

Maybe I didn't need Hooper too but he was the top guy on my list obviously. Not sure if it is poor strategy or not to double up at the position.

If you had one of the top 2-3 TEs then Hooper would have been a wasted pick. With every other TE in the league, you're basically playing TD / big-game roulette. Nothing wrong with getting 2 bites at the apple every week IMO.

ETA: And since it's a 16-team league there's definitely some element of scarcity / keep-away that comes into play as well.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

5 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I was happy to see I was drafting in the middle after the first two picks at the end. I wasn't sure why that was but I like it.

Maybe I didn't need Hooper too but he was the top guy on my list obviously. Not sure if it is poor strategy or not to double up at the position.

I also drafted two ( Engram and Gronkowski). You can't count them both ever, but it gives you a much higher floor (assuming Gronk does not retire) to have two top options. An added bonus is that after around 17 or so, there aren't any that averaged 10 plus points a game last year.

I was on the clock when I got home and had very little time to draft, between eating dinner and getting ready to host bible study. I thought that I was lucky to get Drake, who may reclaim a larger role in the new Miami. Shortly after bible study ended, I was surprised to already be back up. Good pace by everyone. I was thrilled to also get Mark Ingram in the 6th round.

RBs still below most, but getting Drake and Ingram in the 5th and 6th has me hopeful of not being at the bottom of the running back barrel.

9 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

You may be on an island here with Dixon. In WSL 1, we are in round 11 and he is still available.

Yeah, I agree I'm prolly on an island all lonesome. And yes, I failed to check into WSL1 prior to setting up my queue, even though I had been in previous rounds. I've got no defense for the pick other than really liking Dixon a ton. Surely at this point it's not a value pick. It's a man crush pick.

I do appreciate your thoughts Stephen.

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Really like the Godwin pick Comet.  I was tempted but couldn't risk a QB issue.

Agree wholeheartedly.  He was definitely my 1B choice at 6.2, but passed for the same reason

5 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Yeah, I agree I'm prolly on an island all lonesome. And yes, I failed to check into WSL1 prior to setting up my queue, even though I had been in previous rounds. I've got no defense for the pick other than really liking Dixon a ton. Surely at this point it's not a value pick. It's a man crush pick.

I do appreciate your thoughts Stephen.

FWIW....he opened my eyes in his second game back against the Chiefs in week 14....he looked really strong, fresh, powerful....agree that many RB's did against KC, but down the stretch Dixon had some nice games on limited touches including doing some work in the receiving game....not sure how that backfield will shake out but if they don't add a stud RB in the draft and it's just the same crew, I can see Dixon having an impact on a team that is committed to the run....he seems to run kind of angry like he knows he needs to take advantage of every carry...not sure if it's a 5th round worthy type of angry, but I like his game and situation.....

Hey guys.....I know I'm up really soon. Getting hit with a decent snow storm here in northeast Philly, Horsham area. Trying to get out of this mess of a jobsite and start the trek home. As soon as I get on the road I'll check back in and make a selection if I'm up. Thanks for your patience. Peace out.

eta: Thanks ref, saw the same things you did at end of last year. I'll elaborate on Dixon further if I have the chance.

eta2: pick is in, QB Garoppolo

Edited by Ruffrodys05

@BassNBrew I have been making all my picks as Commisioner and still have not been able to connect via phone. I will really need phone connection over the next several days, so could you please resend the invitation email to me and let me try again to log in tonight?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

@BassNBrew I have been making all my picks as Commisioner and still have not been able to connect via phone. I will really need phone connection over the next several days, so could you please resend the invitation email to me and let me try again to log in tonight?

Thanks

I attempted to do this for you....not sure if it worked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Thanks

Done

Snipe alert..... was hoping Tate fell to 7.15 but I thought it was a reach to hope so at the time.  I just couldn't justify passing on Wentz, whom I think comes into the year really motivated to erase any locker room doubts and exorcise the 'ghost' of Nick Foles. Guess we'll see.    As for Tate, I really foresee him signing into a good QB situation-I guess the Colts would probably be a best case scenario at this point in time.

Reminder that I am going to have limited access over the next five days. Today will be the worst as I am flying to a business trip and mostly unavailable today, The four days after tomorrow, I will be able to check in randomly though the day, but will be doing a lot of driving and have some family time as well.

I do have a short list at the ready for this next pick, hopefully it comes up ahead of the flight.

Patience is a virtue!

one third of the way home....

1.01    Patrick Mahomes KCC QB1
Ride or die.  Think Bass intentionally kept rolling the dice until Ref drew the #1 slot just to see how far I would go. Then he bullied me into taking him.

3.01 Phillip Lindsay DEN RB15
7.01 Rasheed Penny SEA RB35

I am enamored with Lindsay’s quicks, explosiveness, and quick change of direction. Tyreek Hill kind of stuff IMO. Has ability to house every touch.  Runs with an attitude and the chip on the shoulder of an undrafted guy.  His injury was not a wear and tear type of thing. I guess I’ll be owning a lot of shares of Penny this year in these.

I didn’t really sniff anything else at the 2-3 turn. At 7-8 Lamar Miller got a drive by sniff, but I felt Penny’s upside was higher.  Plus I saw HOU could save 6.2 mil by releasing him and only have $1 mil in dead money. So if he gets released he could end up behind some other dudes in a worse situation. 

2.16 Stefon Diggs MIN WR14
4.16 Calvin Ridley ATL WR25 
5.01 Mike Williams LAC WR26
6.16 Marvin Jones DET WR37

Needed a WR and liked Diggs more than others at that turn.  Not much more to say. Loved my options at the 4-5 turn and glad to see several QB’s go prior to this turn so it helped these options fall.  That took a little sting off Mahomes in the first. I really wanted a piece of Ridley or Williams in WSL1 but did not manage that correctly. I love the ceiling for both of these guys and I think they are two of the next up and comers so to speak at the position.  I mean I know to a certain extent they already are, but I think they will be staples at the top of the WR group for a while.  This was more than just chasing their touchdowns from last year.  I think they are set up to assume bigger roles as early as next year as far as receptions, etc. even though they have solid WR1’s in front of them. Both of them have good QB’s which I factored in as well. Loved that duo there. Liked getting Jones at 6-7 as my WR4 and think he should out produce WR37 with Stafford. 

Sniffed Boyd and Jeffery at the 4-5 turn but not for too long.

Overall, I’m digging the weekly “pop” this team (1-7) can bring each week…now time to get some jags.

:banned:

• Like 1

Mr. I. sniped Pettis, so went with Dede Westbrook at 8.08. Been a fan since his rookie year and thought he made strides last year despite the obvious mess surrounding him. If Foles does indeed land there Dede will benefit the most out of all Jax WR's.

Going Hunt/Herndon at the 6/7 turn over taking a QB sure screwed me...  Wasn't expecting such a mad run on QB...  Looks like it's time to go the distance and see if I can make up points by taking the CHI DST

Edited by eNdblu

2 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Mr. I. sniped Pettis, so went with Dede Westbrook at 8.08. Been a fan since his rookie year and thought he made strides last year despite the obvious mess surrounding him. If Foles does indeed land there Dede will benefit the most out of all Jax WR's.

I legitimately giggled when Pettis was still there at my 8th-rounder. I'd have taken him at 6.03 if I didn't need a QB. (FWIW, Westbrook was my only other WR candidate at this pick if Pettis had gone.)

I'm sitting on Hopkins, Woods, Davis, and Pettis as my WR corps so far. If I don't lead the league in WR scoring this season or close to it, something has gone horribly wrong.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

15 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I legitimately giggled when Pettis was still there at my 8th-rounder. I'd have taken him at 6.03 if I didn't need a QB. (FWIW, Westbrook was my only other WR candidate at this pick if Pettis had gone.)

I'm sitting on Hopkins, Woods, Davis, and Pettis as my WR corps so far. If I don't lead the league in WR scoring this season or close to it, something has gone horribly wrong.

Didn't you say pretty much say this same thing in IBL last year?

I keed, I keed. 

Edited by Ruffrodys05

6 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Didn't you say pretty much say this same thing in IBL last year?

:lmao: God I hope not, considering I didn't take one until the late 3rd. If I ever said that someone should have smacked me silly.

Turns out when your 1.02 sits out the entire year and your 2nd-rounder misses half the season, it's really hard to compete for a title. Who knew? :wall:

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I'm only 4 deep right now....but I'll give ya a go....

Halfway home ...

QB: Goff, Newton - Inexplicable that Cam fell to QB18 despite news that he's ahead of schedule in his recovery and may even throw at OTAs. Should be a top-4 combo.

RB: Mixon, R. Freeman, Hines - Not great but not as bad as it could have been given how long I waited. I think Freeman gets some more run in 2019 and Hines looks like the next great PPR cheat code.

WR: Hopkins, Woods, Davis, Pettis - 4 #1 WRs, three on solid, pass-first offenses and one with top-5 draft pedigree. Looking for a big weekly advantage here to offset my weakness at RB/TE.

TE: Henry - Bullish on a big year, but may need to go 3-deep to cover the added risk of a guy coming off an ACL tear - was really hoping Reed would fall to me in the 9th.

Special round of applause to everyone, not only are y'all on your A-game already but these are definitely the fastest-paced WSLs I've ever been a part of. :thumbup:

8.16 Vance McDonald PIT TE18
9.01 Jimmy Graham GBP TE19
10.16 Gerald Everett LAR TE26

11.01 Greg Zuerlein LAR PK1

8-9 turns comes and I am without a TE after 17 are off the board. Felt pretty lucky to snag the primary TE for two of the best QB’s in the league. Not that it means anything, but this pair finished TE10 and TE 11 last year in this league, so getting them at TE 18/19 seemed all right. The other thing is I did not love or have to have anything else at this turn, so it was almost the perfect storm.  Both are at least red zone options and McDonald offers some love between the 20’s. 

10-11 turns come and I debated a few other options but thought I would use one of the “extra” picks (if you want to call them that) to try and solidify the TE position in this 2 PPR league.  Again, I didn’t love anything else here and snagging a piece of the LAR pie is never a bad idea IMO.  I think Everett starts becoming more of the game plan. Between the (3) of my TE’s I think I should post a score at the position that keeps me in the mix each week as I feel I have a good shot at at least a TD every week.  With what seems like 50 picks until I pick again, I decided to grab another piece of the LAR pie and lock down a top, maybe the top PK, as they will start going soon and I won’t be forced to take a middling one at the 12-13 turn.  Some uncertainty at the position heading into this year so comforting to lock down a guy who should average darn near double digits each week.

:banned:

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Nevermind.

Jones was still on my predraft list way late. Just hadn't noticed he was gone. At the time he was the only player worth more than a defense to me (although he wasn't there).

Edited by Biabreakable

With 3 picks left to go I am starting to like how my team has come together.

QB

4.09    57.    Brees, Drew NOS QB

13.08    200.    Manning, Eli NYG QB    

14.09    217.    Haskins, Dwayne FA QB (R)    

Happy to get Brees even though I used an early pick to get him. I was able to ignore the position for awhile because of that. I never thought I would be happy to draft Eli Manning but as late as it was at that point in the draft I was ecstatic about it. He was the only starter left at that point. I also got the rookie Haskins who should be a 1st round pick and play at some point this year. 

RB

1.15    15.    Cook, Dalvin MIN RB    

2.02    18.    Johnson, David ARI RB    

6.09    89.    McCoy, LeSean BUF RB    

I was very happy to get Cook and DJ near the turn. I regret the McCoy pick and wish I would have waited or went with another RB here. So it goes. Maybe McCoy surprised me with a bounce back year. Hopefully I never need him.

WR

7.08    104.    Miller, Anthony CHI WR    

8.09    121.    Washington, James PIT WR    

9.08    136.    Stills, Kenny MIA WR    

15.08    232.    Taylor, Taywan TEN WR    

16.09    249.    Butler, Hakeem FA WR (R)

17.08    264.    Samuel, Deebo FA WR (R)

As I ignored this position for such a long time my WRs are for the most part big play type players that I hope do enough collectively to make up for what they likely won't do individually.

TE

3.08    40.    Howard, O.J. TBB TE    

5.08    72.    Hooper, Austin ATL TE

With TE getting 2 points per reception I thought they lasted too long. As I was comparing the TE to the WR left available in the 5th round they could not compete with the guys left there under this scoring system, so I doubled down.

12.09    185.    Lutz, Wil NOS PK

I got a top kicker.

10.09    153.    Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def    

11.08    168.    Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def

I struck early on picking defenses and got 2 of them I like.

I think this team is going to be stronger than most at the QB TE and Defense. My RB pair if they stay healthy should both be in the top 10 but there are some other teams who have that and better depth at the position than I have. I expect to be weak at WR because of waiting so long, but perhaps my shotgun approach ends up making this good enough for my advantages elsewhere to help me win.

With three picks remaining, I am not exactly sure what to think about my team

Quarterback

1. 8.04   Mitchell Trubiski Bears
  2. 10.04 Nick Foles FA     

I waited on quarterback, first taking two wide receivers, then two tight ends and then I probably should have drafted one at 6.4, but really liked the value presented by Mark Ingram there. I do admit that I made the Drake selection at 5.13 without doing a lot of study. If I had taken Ingram first and decided to wait longer on RBs, I could have had my pick of Roethlisberger, Mayfield, Rivers, Brady and many more. But, I took Ingram and then watched as eight were taken, including all of my favorites go off the board before my next pick. Then, I gambled that one of Newton, Stafford or Trubiski would make it to me. Trubiski was the only one that fell and I was then destined to having one of the bottom tier quarterback positions in the league. I was happy to take Foles as my second, even though there is no certainty that he will be traded and starting somewhere. I expect that he will be a starting QB in 2019, but a lot of risk there. 

Running Back

1. 5.13 Kenyan Drake Miami - surely the new staff will give him more opportunities and more receptions to use him in space    
  2. 6.04 Mark Ingram FA - Ingram still has fresh legs and hopefully will land where he will be used, although staying in New Orleans would also be nice    
  3. 9.13 Dion Lewis Ten- Lewis is an awesome receiver and slightly above average running back otherwise
  4. 11.13 Giovani Bernard - Solid running back who got lost in Cinci, but could still see a solid role in the new staff's plans. Excellent receiver    

Not any star power here, but all four guys can catch the ball and I waited until RB30 to select my first one. Hopefully my receivers will carry my team, but these four are much better than I was anticipating after ignoring the position for the first four rounds.

Wide Receiver

1. 1.16 Antonio Brown Kind of FA - please sir, can you kindly stay off social media until a trade for your services is completed, maybe to Green Bay, Indianapolis or San Francisco?    
  2. 2.01 Michael Thomas New Orleans - I love to watch this guy play and he and Brees have such a great connection    
  3. 7.13 Golden Tate FA - a bargain toward the end of the seventh round, great route runner and solid after the catch skills, may I suggest New England?    
  4. 12.04 John Brown FA - an excellent downfield threat who is leaving Baltimore for greener pastures, I hope    
  5. 15.13 Desean Jackson FA - another awesome downfield threat, not good for a lot of catches but TDs are possible here
  6. 16.04 Taylor Gabriel Chicago - another speed merchant and downfield threat that could brother-in-law with his late round brethren

As long as Antonio Brown shows up to play, I love my wide receiver corps. Three guys that should catch a lot of passes and rack up yards combined with three excellent deep threats that should score touchdowns in multiple games.

Tight End

1. 3.13 Evan Engram returns to rookie season form in 2019    
  2. 4.04 Rob Gronkowski - I think that this guy truly loves to play and hoping that he waits until closer to the season to decide because if he waits, he will play

With TE getting 2 points per reception and waiting until the third round after six were already gone, I think I could have the best pair in the league as long as Gronkowski decides to play again in 2019.

Special Teams

1. 13.13 Mike Badgley - solid kicker with relatively low salary on very good offense in decent home weather field
  2. 17.13 Jason Sanders - solid kicker with relatively low salary in decent home weather field
  3. 14.04 Jaguars DST - very good fairly young defense that will be hungrier in 2019 and perhaps have a better quarterback and offense

Happy to add Theo Riddick at pick 281.

He has had over 50 receptions the last 3 seasons and continued to have a role after coaching change. I doubt he ever outscores my starters but he will likely catch more than a lot of the WR being drafted here.

• Like 1

Crippler

QB. Brady, Flacco, Rosen

i think QB is so important. With extra spot, why not carry 3. Have grizzled vet, new guy in Denver and young. Thought Brady and Rosen both equaled value. For resources spent of 7, 8, 11 , I will be good here and screwed someone

RB. Chubb, Jacobs, Singleterry, Harris, Holyfield

the ultimate risk position. Think Chubb will be good and Jacobs will rise up in PDSL. The rest should get me points and if 2 make big moves, I could win. If any rookie position breaks out, it is usually here

WR. Golloday, Robinson, Watkins, crowder, Sanu, Cobb

An okay core. Hoping Golloday breaks out and rest are vets that hope get not bad points and some good games week to weak

TE. Kelce, Smith Jr.

one stud and one huge risk. Rookie TEs take time and probably should have grabbed Thomas or Giescki a little earlier instead. But Kelce hold down fort for 15 weeks. 

Rest. Crosby, McManus, TB, Oakland. 

2 PK who will keep jobs which to me is important and why earlier resources and with D, you never know from year to year. Especially this early. I was always taking 19, 20. 

Some huge risk at RB and caring 3 QB. Will see how it goes but not unhappy. If a few guys just drop a few more picks like Stafford than maybe slightly different outcome

At 10 could have been lots of options. Knew I wanted a RB by 2nd at least

rounds 5, 6 got my top predraft by entering half round earlier for Jacobs and full round for Watkins. After that put in QB for 7, 8. Hoped for Washington in 9th. Only real change is if Hunter Henry had dropped in 4th but he did not. I think I prefer Hopkins/Henry to Kelce/Robinson but it is close

2 hours ago, Crippler said:

Crippler

QB. Brady, Flacco, Rosen

i think QB is so important. With extra spot, why not carry 3. Have grizzled vet, new guy in Denver and young. Thought Brady and Rosen both equaled value. For resources spent of 7, 8, 11 , I will be good here and screwed someone

RB. Chubb, Jacobs, Singleterry, Harris, Holyfield

the ultimate risk position. Think Chubb will be good and Jacobs will rise up in PDSL. The rest should get me points and if 2 make big moves, I could win. If any rookie position breaks out, it is usually here

WR. Golloday, Robinson, Watkins, crowder, Sanu, Cobb

An okay core. Hoping Golloday breaks out and rest are vets that hope get not bad points and some good games week to weak

TE. Kelce, Smith Jr.

one stud and one huge risk. Rookie TEs take time and probably should have grabbed Thomas or Giescki a little earlier instead. But Kelce hold down fort for 15 weeks. 

Rest. Crosby, McManus, TB, Oakland. 

2 PK who will keep jobs which to me is important and why earlier resources and with D, you never know from year to year. Especially this early. I was always taking 19, 20. 

Some huge risk at RB and caring 3 QB. Will see how it goes but not unhappy. If a few guys just drop a few more picks like Stafford than maybe slightly different outcome

At 10 could have been lots of options. Knew I wanted a RB by 2nd at least

rounds 5, 6 got my top predraft by entering half round earlier for Jacobs and full round for Watkins. After that put in QB for 7, 8. Hoped for Washington in 9th. Only real change is if Hunter Henry had dropped in 4th but he did not. I think I prefer Hopkins/Henry to Kelce/Robinson but it is close

I've tried 3 QBs twice and haven't made it past the halfway point. I'll admit that I considered it again here because you did get value on paper.  I've gone solo QB twice and won a championship and was runner up last year with Ryan only at QB.  The guy you screwed was Ref...he has Mahommes and Flacco out scored him zero weeks last year.  I think it's better said that you helped Ref by leaving him Vance McDonald. 

Chubb will carry you for quite some time, but Hunt won't be eating doughnuts all year.  I thought Jacobs retired, I know Singletary and harris both did and are in the HOF, I guess Holyfield's ear is healed enough to play this year.

Don't care for your WRs.  The core is one of the weaker ones.  You better hope Crowder moves on from DC to up his value.  Sanu could be cut, although that may be a blessing.  I'm not touching Cobb again.

I'm not concerned about your backup TE.  If Kielce gets hurt you are toast anyway.

(... thanks to @Stephen Holloway for pointing out I put this in the wrong thread originally).

I went position by position recapping WSL1 so I'll go round-by-round for this iteration. Because variety is the spice of life! (he writes last night while drinking a bourbon on the rocks, which is exactly the same drink he's had the last 400 times he's had a drink ...)

1.12 DeAndre Hopkins, WR3 HOU
Another late draft slot kinda limited my options here. I already went early-TE in WSL1 and didn't feel like going down that road again, so this choice made itself as I couldn't say no to the WR1 on my board.

2.05 Joe Mixon, RB11 CIN
Mixon was the last RB name for me before a big tier break, so I feel like I lucked out. This draft turns out a lot differently for me if he's off the board here. Expecting 1,500+ yards and 10+ total TDs on a bounceback Bengals offense. At least I hope it bounces back ... after all, Zac Taylor's used the same coffee pot as Sean McVay before, and you can't fake that kind of experience.

3.14 Robert Woods, WR18 LAR
All three Rams receivers are attractive in this format for different reasons - Woods' consistency, Cooks' big-play potential and Kupp's value coming off injury. His ceiling with Kupp back is probably below 2018's WR10 finish, but being in this offense carries a very attractive floor.

4.03 Hunter Henry, TE8 LAC
My first gamble of the draft. Has the physical talent to put up Kelce/Ertz-type numbers but it's the furthest thing from a guarantee. Fortunately, with 20 roster spots I can go 3-deep to spread the risk if I need to. Hope Rivers has been chugging some of that TB12 Andean mountain pickle water or whatever as he enters his age-38 season.

5.14 Corey Davis, WR31 TEN
@Sigmund Bloom's signature phrase - "assumption of rational coaching" - springs to mind. Is Mike Vrabel smart enough to realize he can't win a title in today's NFL by ranking 27th in scoring with a 51/49 run/pass ratio? If so, Davis has WR1 upside, even with a fundamentally limited QB like Mariota. If not, welp, my fantasy dreams will be shattered like those of a hundred thousand Corey owners before me.

6.03 Jared Goff, QB9 LAR
Just as in WSL1, I find myself facing the top of a QB tier of 7-8 names, fully expecting none of them to make it 26 more picks back to me. The ability to stack Goff with Woods in a best-ball broke the tie here.

7.14 Cam Newton, QB18 CAR
So ... about that "none of them will make it back" comment ... Newton was the next name on my list behind Goff and I'm flabbergasted that he fell this far. His issues from 2018 were so obviously tied to his shoulder that if he's out there Week 1 (which is sounding very likely) I fully expect him to return to top-10 form. Over the last three years a best-ball combo of any two QBs in the 9-12 range has averaged about 480 points, on par with a top-3 QB. Perhaps I'm optimistic (yay endowment bias!) but there seems no reason not to expect this from my duo.

8.03 Dante Pettis, WR43 SFO
Mind you, we're 8 rounds in and I still don't have an RB2, and my only TE is coming off catastrophic injury ... but there's no way I'm passing on Pettis falling into the 8th. I'm high enough on the Niner offense in 2019 that I'd take their #1 WR in this range if he had half Pettis' talent.

9.14 Royce Freeman, RB41 DEN
10.03 Nyheim Hines, RB43 IND

My very own thunder-and-lightning combo! Riding Flacco's right arm isn't going to win the Broncos a title, they'll run the stuffing out of the ball - and while Freeman didn't exactly channel Terrell Davis as a rook, it's waaaay too early to write him off. Hines shined in his scatback role and I expect much the same in '19 on what should be a top-tier offense.

11.14 Mike Gesicki, TE29 MIA
More than any other position, there is a strong correlation at TE between freak athletes and fantasy production. Having waited some time on a TE2 I'll probably need to go 3-deep, so might as well roll the dice on the freakiest athlete since Vernon Davis at the position.

12.03 Jay Ajayi, RB52 PHI
With the FA RB crop significantly better than a year ago, I think it likely Ajayi winds back up in Philly on a short-term deal. While fragile, he's still in his prime (26) and has starting RB upside. In the right offense he could be an absolute steal as my RB4.

13.14 Brett Maher, PK12 DAL
He's young, cheap, better than average, and kicks in Texas.

14.03 Quincy Enunwa, WR69 (nice!) NYJ
It seems like a decade ago that this guy was relevant, but it was just last September that he was the apple of Sam Darnold's eye, averaging 14ppg out of the slot. Then he got injured, because Quincy gonna Quincy. But in this format I don't mind taking swings at injury risks that are highly productive when on the field.

15.14 Blake Jarwin, TE32 DAL
Both Prescott and the Garrett system have been their best when they've had a reliable pass-catching TE to lean on. Jarwin may or may not be that guy going forward, but as a young, developing piece on a reawakened passing offense he could be in the mix most weeks if he grabs hold of the #1 role.

16.03 C.J. Anderson, RB67 LAR
I thought he'd go a lot sooner than this - not that he deserves to, but because recency bias is a helluva drug. But this far down, it's worth taking a flier on a guy who came off the couch in December and still managed to look like his old Pro Bowl self. Not unreasonable to expect 6-700 yards and a handful of TDs in some capacity for somebody next year.

17.14 Steelers, DST18 PIT
18.03 Falcons, DST20 ATL

They're defenses. They probably won't share a bye week. Moving on.

19.14 Rashard Higgins, WR94 CLE
Can anyone say for sure who the Browns' top outside WR is going to be in 2019? Personally I have no idea. But if you believe Mayfield is the real deal (spoiler alert: he is), then one or more of these guys are going to deliver insane value at their ADP. I'll throw a dart at the longest-tenured guy and hope for good things.

20.03 Trey Quinn, WR96 WAS
Mr. Irrelevant wraps up his WSL squad by drafting ... Mr. Irrelevant! MIND BLOWN. My only regret is not having the 16th pick in the 20th round to spend on him.

I'll be honest, I kinda like this team. WR will obviously be my powerhouse - if things break right I could lap the field, but even at worst I should be above-average if I avoid the injury bug. QB (assuming Cam makes it back for a full 16) should be top-tier as well. Mixon and some combo of Royce/Ajayi/CJ should produce two good scores a week with Hines a "break glass in case of emergency" floor. TE is a giant question mark, but at least there's the upside there to hang with the big boys.

The good news is I don't think I need anywhere near as many breakouts from this group as I do in WSL1 to make it to the endgame. The bad news is the team that wins usually gets a handful of breakouts late in the draft and I'm not sure I have enough candidates who qualify. My best hope is probably to just win the war of attrition and hope some of the unsexy Ajayis and Enunwas of the world score enough in December to get me across the finish line. Best of luck to all ... :suds:

• Love 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Stephen Holloway said:

Final Team Holloway Review

Quarterback

1. 8.04   Mitchell Trubiski Bears
  2. 10.04 Nick Foles FA - feeling better since not tagged by Eagles

I waited on quarterback, first taking two wide receivers, then two tight ends and then I probably should have drafted one at 6.4, but really liked the value presented by Mark Ingram there. I do admit that I made the Drake selection at 5.13 without doing a lot of study. If I had taken Ingram first and decided to wait longer on RBs, I could have had my pick of Roethlisberger, Mayfield, Rivers, Brady and many more. But, I took Ingram and then watched as eight were taken, including all of my favorites go off the board before my next pick. Then, I gambled that one of Newton, Stafford or Trubiski would make it to me. Trubiski was the only one that fell and I was then destined to having one of the bottom tier quarterback positions in the league. I was happy to take Foles as my second, even though there is no certainty that he will be traded and starting somewhere. I expect that he will be a starting QB in 2019, but a lot of risk there. 

Running Back

1. 5.13 Kenyan Drake Miami - surely the new staff will give him more opportunities and more receptions to use him in space    
  2. 6.04 Mark Ingram FA - Ingram still has fresh legs and hopefully will land where he will be used, although staying in New Orleans would also be nice    
  3. 9.13 Dion Lewis Ten- Lewis is an awesome receiver and slightly above average running back otherwise
  4. 11.13 Giovani Bernard - Solid running back who got lost in Cinci, but could still see a solid role in the new staff's plans. Excellent receiver    
  5. Added Riddick with one of my last three picks, hoping he stays in Detroit or lands in a spot with a chance to be the third down back

Not any star power here, but all four guys can catch the ball and I waited until RB30 to select my first one. Hopefully my receivers will carry my team, but these four are much better than I was anticipating after ignoring the position for the first four rounds.

Wide Receiver

1. 1.16 Antonio Brown Kind of FA - please sir, can you kindly stay off social media until a trade for your services is completed, maybe to Green Bay, Indianapolis or San Francisco?    
  2. 2.01 Michael Thomas New Orleans - I love to watch this guy play and he and Brees have such a great connection    
  3. 7.13 Golden Tate FA - a bargain toward the end of the seventh round, great route runner and solid after the catch skills, may I suggest New England?    
  4. 12.04 John Brown FA - an excellent downfield threat who is leaving Baltimore for greener pastures, I hope    
  5. 15.13 Desean Jackson FA - another awesome downfield threat, not good for a lot of catches but TDs are possible here
  6. 16.04 Taylor Gabriel Chicago - another speed merchant and downfield threat that could brother-in-law with his late round brethren
  7. Added Snead with one of last three picks for another wide receiver to hopefully score three weeks or more

As long as Antonio Brown shows up to play, I love my wide receiver corps. Three guys that should catch a lot of passes and rack up yards combined with three excellent deep threats that should score touchdowns in multiple games.

Tight End

1. 3.13 Evan Engram returns to rookie season form in 2019    
  2. 4.04 Rob Gronkowski - I think that this guy truly loves to play and hoping that he waits until closer to the season to decide because if he waits, he will play

With TE getting 2 points per reception and waiting until the third round after six were already gone, I think I could have the best pair in the league as long as Gronkowski decides to play again in 2019.

Special Teams

1. 13.13 Mike Badgley - solid kicker with relatively low salary on very good offense in decent home weather field
  2. 17.13 Jason Sanders - solid kicker with relatively low salary in decent home weather field
  3. 14.04 Jaguars DST - very good fairly young defense that will be hungrier in 2019 and perhaps have a better quarterback and offense
  4. Added Packers DST so I could have two

For this WSL I stayed totally away from rookies. Although they do seem to add value as later round picks that can really come up big, I decided that with the lack of sure-fire studs and the general uncertainty of this year's crop that my team would be better overall to add some higher floor, low ceiling type players to avoid zeros. The additional two roster spots in the WSLs seem to reward more risk, but the format where all you have to do is NOT BE THE LOWEST WEEKLY SCORING team also rewards consistent scoring.

Always enjoy drafting with all you folks and very glad that this year's versions seem to have much less whining and very good pace. Way to go everybody! See some of you in another month after we digest the combine and adjust our rookie evaluations.

3 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

QB: Goff, Newton

RB: Mixon, R. Freeman, Hines, Ajayi, C.J. Anderson

WR: Hopkins, Woods, Davis, Pettis, Enunwa, Higgins, Quinn

TE: Henry, Gesicki, Jarwin

K: Elliott

DST: Steelers, Falcons

... and before the draft is even over with, a Sleeper alert that Jason Witten is un-retiring and coming back to Dallas. Really? Seriously? :wall:

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

... and before the draft is even over with, a Sleeper alert that Jason Witten is un-retiring and coming back to Dallas. Really? Seriously? :wall:

He's not in the MFL player pool 

Dalton, Andy CIN QB-8.14

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB-4.14

Anderson, Rodney FA RB (R)20.14

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB-1.03

Michel, Sony NEP RB-2.14

Smith, Ito ATL RB-14.14

White, James NEP RB-5.03

Cooper, Amari DAL WR-3.03

Doctson, Josh WAS WR-12.14

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR-6.14

Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR-9.03

Perriman, Breshad CLE WR-18.14

Wilson, Albert MIA WR-10.14

Hill, Josh NOS TE -19.03

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE-11.03

Olsen, Greg CAR TE -7.03

Gould, Robbie SFO PK-13.03

Succop, Ryan TEN PK-15.03

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def-17.03

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def-16.14

14.16 Drew Lock TBD QB33
20.16 Teddy Bridgewater TBD QB37

Added Lock and Bridgewater. Putting my faith in Mahomes weekly floor. Had I known I could get Teddy with the last pick, I would have passed on Lock.  But I think Lock plays quickly.  Teddy should be starting for somebody come September and even if whomever he is playing for selects a young guy, Teddy hitting the bench may coincide with Lock entering the starting lineup. Having them both end up at the same destination would be ok too, like say Miami. Getting a starting QB with last pick of draft after taking one with the first pick of the draft is kinda nice.  This position is a strength and should finish #1 again overall which really doesn’t matter in survivor, but weekly floor should be among the highest each week.

12.16 Duke Johnson CLE RB56
13.01 Kalen Ballage MIA RB57
15.01 D’Onta Foreman HOU RB61

Added Duke, Ballage, and Foreman. Hunt should not be active for a while, maybe a long while, so Duke should have a role at least early.  Honestly would be happy to see Duke take his talents elsewhere.  Followed Duke up with Ballage who I really liked heading into last year, but obviously that didn’t turn out too well.  With only Drake really in front of him right now, I am hoping the new coaching staff gives him more run.  I like the upside there as well as with my last RB Foreman. Got a feeling Miller gets cut, and Foreman should be healthy and ready to roll. Releasing Miller frees up $6 mil in cap space and would only be $1 mil in dead money.  Could be a steal in the 15th. I tended to lean toward the upside “risk but pop” kind of guys in this draft and felt I stayed pretty consistent with that with this group. Could be really bad or fairly good. I know I like this group more than most.

16.16 DeVante Parker MIA WR81
17.01 Ted Ginn Jr. NOS WR82

At 16-17, liked adding a couple more guys that can pop. I can’t seem to ignore the Parker tantalizing talent upside.  He needs to end up at the right place at the right time somehow, but IMO, worth the dice roll in the 17th. At 26, just needs to put it all together, if he gets let go, I think he has some suitors and a change of scenery could be good. Ginn is just that best ball kind of guy that is nice to round your group out with. Injured some last year, but if healthy, a decent WR 5/6.  Some pretty heavy investment here in the first 6 rounds so will need those top 4 to carry the mail. I liken Ridley and Williams and their ADP a little like Tyreek Hill and his ADP a couple years ago before he made the jump.  Jones and Allen may not allow for that kind of jump, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see both finish in top 15. Almost added Demarcus Robinson here instead of Bridewater, but I think this group is fairly salty.

No additions here. I like this group. I think it is a collective strength considering the drop off and questions after the top 3 at this position and it came pretty cheap considering the 2 PPR. 

If rolling with one, I’m glad it’s this guy and looking back I don’t have a problem with the price I paid. 

18.16 Tennessee Titans DST22
19.01 Arizona Cardinals DST23

Boom…should be top duo in the league for sure.

Overall: I love this team, even though others might not.  Yeah it has some questions in Penny, Ballage, Foreman, Parker, but I think there is enough strength to allow for those upside gambles. :banned:

Edited by Stinkin Ref

5 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Thank the football gods he won't be doing color commentary for a year at least.

I have seen cardboard cutouts with more personality than Witten.

Good football player though.

4 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

14.16 Drew Lock TBD QB33
20.16 Teddy Bridgewater TBD QB37

Added Lock and Bridgewater. Putting my faith in Mahomes weekly floor. Had I known I could get Teddy with the last pick, I would have passed on Lock.  But I think Lock plays quickly.  Teddy should be starting for somebody come September and even if whomever he is playing for selects a young guy, Teddy hitting the bench may coincide with Lock entering the starting lineup. Having them both end up at the same destination would be ok too, like say Miami. Getting a starting QB with last pick of draft after taking one with the first pick of the draft is kinda nice.  This position is a strength and should finish #1 again overall which really doesn’t matter in survivor, but weekly floor should be among the highest each week.

12.16 Duke Johnson CLE RB56
13.01 Kalen Ballage MIA RB57
15.01 D’Onta Foreman HOU RB61

Added Duke, Ballage, and Foreman. Hunt should not be active for a while, maybe a long while, so Duke should have a role at least early.  Honestly would be happy to see Duke take his talents elsewhere.  Followed Duke up with Ballage who I really liked heading into last year, but obviously that didn’t turn out too well.  With only Drake really in front of him right now, I am hoping the new coaching staff gives him more run.  I like the upside there as well as with my last RB Foreman. Got a feeling Miller gets cut, and Foreman should be healthy and ready to roll. Releasing Miller frees up $6 mil in cap space and would only be $1 mil in dead money.  Could be a steal in the 15th. I tended to lean toward the upside “risk but pop” kind of guys in this draft and felt I stayed pretty consistent with that with this group. Could be really bad or fairly good. I know I like this group more than most.

16.16 DeVante Parker MIA WR81
17.01 Ted Ginn Jr. NOS WR82

At 16-17, liked adding a couple more guys that can pop. I can’t seem to ignore the Parker tantalizing talent upside.  He needs to end up at the right place at the right time somehow, but IMO, worth the dice roll in the 17th. At 26, just needs to put it all together, if he gets let go, I think he has some suitors and a change of scenery could be good. Ginn is just that best ball kind of guy that is nice to round your group out with. Injured some last year, but if healthy, a decent WR 5/6.  Some pretty heavy investment here in the first 6 rounds so will need those top 4 to carry the mail. I liken Ridley and Williams and their ADP a little like Tyreek Hill and his ADP a couple years ago before he made the jump.  Jones and Allen may not allow for that kind of jump, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see both finish in top 15. Almost added Demarcus Robinson here instead of Bridewater, but I think this group is fairly salty.

No additions here. I like this group. I think it is a collective strength considering the drop off and questions after the top 3 at this position and it came pretty cheap considering the 2 PPR. 

If rolling with one, I’m glad it’s this guy and looking back I don’t have a problem with the price I paid. 

18.16 Tennessee Titans DST22
19.01 Arizona Cardinals DST23

Boom…should be top duo in the league for sure.

Overall: I love this team, even though others might not.  Yeah it has some questions in Penny, Ballage, Foreman, Parker, but I think there is enough strength to allow for those upside gambles. :banned:

I like this team a lot Ref. Every team has some weaknesses but your team has some really nice boom/bust players that could take the group to near the top.

I loved the Bridewater pick and I hope he can play a full game at some point this year.

My love/hate relationship with Parker is over, but I agree if the light turns on for him he has the ability to be a top 24 WR.

Gerald Everett a really high upside TE who I tend to have on a lot of my teams.

Nice work!

QB

Cousins, Kirk MIN 

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT 

I took Big Ben and Cousins as the 11th and 14th QBs and they have both finished 3, 9, & 15 and 9, 3, & 5 the last 3 years. Should easily be a top 3-5 pair  

RB

Edwards, Gus BAL RB

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Peterson, Adrian WAS RB

I love the top 2, especially if Tennessee feeds Henry like they did at the end of the year. I hope the other 2 fill in as needed. I wish I had only taken one kicker and picked up R Bryce Love in the 18th  

WR

Beasley, Cole DAL WR

Callaway, Antonio CLE WR

Jones, Zay BUF WR

Lee, Marqise JAC WR (Q)

Nelson, Jordy OAK WR

Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR 

Sutton, Courtland DEN WR

The top 4 WRs are 2nd or 3rd year players with big upside. The last 3 are veterans who have a solid floor, and if Lee can bounce back from the ACL could have some upside too. I like this solid group. 

TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Thomas, Ian CAR TE

Uzomah, C.J. CIN TE

Rudolph as the 10th TE is decent value, as he hasn’t finished below 8th in the last 3 years. Just hoping he doesn’t choose this year to fall off. Thomas could be a steal if Olsen retires or injures his foot again. Uzomah, uhh... I wish Witten had unretired just a little sooner 

K

Butker, Harrison KCC PK

Carlson, Daniel OAK PK

Harrison should be great, just hoping Carlson has a job next year. Would have rather went solo and used the extra pick elsewhere.

DEF

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

Texans, Houston HOU Def

Two with top ten potential...

With a little luck could last a while 

Quarterback

6.02 Carson Wentz, Philly

8.02 Matthew Stafford, Detroit

Hoping Wentz picks up where he left off in 2017 before the injury vs the Rams.  After the locker room controversy and Foles departure, I'm betting on him having a little bit of a chip on his shoulder.  Not concerned about his back-yet :). Where I drafted him may have been early, but I kind of went with my homer gut on this one, and didn't think he'd be available with my next pick. Stafford fell off a cliff after Tate left and the Jones injury, but he's solid to say the least imho.  I really like my QBs

Running Back

3.15 Chris Carson, Seattle - better zone blocking scheme runner, but Penny's 1st round pedigree will always keep him in the picture this year    

5.15 Jordan Horward - Cohen's too good for him to repeat his rookie year success, but I'd happily take the average of his last 2 seasons.....trade rumors??   

9.15 Matt Breida - Mckinnon(and Garropolo) should be back but who knows how he'll hold up.  He showed a lot of toughness last year battling through that ankle injury.  Happy with him as my RB3. 

15.15 Carlos Hyde, KC - Could be a cap casualty, but I've always liked his talent.... a slight upgrade I guess with the move to KC

18.02 Spencer Ware FA - Took a flyer on talent, not happy with this pick at all......so

19.02  Chris Warren, Oakland -  Took another flyer I feel much better about.  Liked him during preseason last year, and hope he gets a shot with Marshawn's status still iffy. This left me with only 6 WRs vs the 7 I originally planned on, but I really like his potential.

I'm a little worried about my top 2 RBs.  Seattle was one of the more run heavy teams last year, so if that regresses, and Penny realizes his potential as a 1st rounder that I'm sure Carroll may want to justify, I could see Warren seriously under performing  vs last year.  Howard  didn't click with Chicago's scheme last year like his rookie season.  I guess we'll see.  Overall, not too excited about my RBs at this point in the preseason, but I do really like Warren to have some real value with Oakland this year.

Wide Receiver

2.04 Julio Jones, ATL - Super happy to get Julio here   

4.02 Jarvis Landry, Cleveland - A target magnet, and hopefully a  preseason with Mayfield at QB will lead to good things.   

7.15 Sterling Shepard, NYG - I really wanted Godwin/Tate here, but Godwin was long gone, and then @Stephen Holloway  sniped Tate at 7.13 😩, so I guess I'm at Eli's mercy here. The talent's there, but ODB, Saquon, and a healthy Engram caps his upside, even with good Eli showing up.

10.02 Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB - Rodgers singled him out last year over the other rookie WRs and Cobb won't be returning, so there's definitely potential for a big jump in 2019.  

11.15 Nelson Agholor, Philly  -  With Tate gone, a former 1st rounder with  a productive year under his belt (2017) was too good to pass up at this point in the draft.  Trade rumors are a worry though. Also with Ertz/Jeffery around the best he could be is a WR3, and that's with Jordan Matthews/Mack Hollins/potential FA WR in the picture, as well.  

17.15 Andy Isabella, Rookie -  I usually don't like rookie WRs this early in the preseason, but he was awesome vs Georgia last year (15-219yds) and I knew I'd draft him if given the chance based on that.  A gamble, but @Norseman had nabbed Beasley at 17.06, who I'd targeted.

I like this group's floor and upside.  Four of the 6 have good/great QB situations, and I'm predicting big improvements from Landry and Valdes-Scantling

Tight End 

1.13 Zach Ertz, Philly - Targeted him and Kittles here in this scoring format. 

12.02 Vernon Davis, Washington - I originally planned to wait even longer on a second TE, but Jordan's Reed's chronic issues screamed value for me here.  Davis is still extremely athletic at his advanced age, and Washington often had them both on the field last year.

Ertz has has been solidly sturdy the past 2 years after some early career injury issues.  If he goes down for any extended period of time I'm toast anyway.

Special Teams

13.15 Adam Vinatieri, Indy - Dome kicker, consistent, strong leg, good offense

14.02 Matt Prater, Detroit - Dome kicker, strong leg, solid offense

16.02 Cleveland DST - Young, fast, and hungry....I like the players, scheme, and DC fit. 

20.02 San Francisco DST -  Waited and only had a choice of them or Oakland.  This looks better if they take Bosa at the #2 pick/sign Earl Thomas.

Overall, I like everything but my RB's.  This was my first try with the WSL, so drafting pre-NFL draft and not knowing bye weeks is a nice twist.

Edited by Maggot Brain

On 2/28/2019 at 9:42 AM, Stephen Holloway said:

Wide Receiver

1.16 Antonio Brown Kind of FA - please sir, can you kindly stay off social media until a trade for your services is completed, maybe to Green Bay, Indianapolis or San Francisco?    

2.01 Michael Thomas New Orleans - I love to watch this guy play and he and Brees have such a great connection    

7.13 Golden Tate FA - a bargain toward the end of the seventh round, great route runner and solid after the catch skills, may I suggest New England?    

12.04 John Brown FA - an excellent downfield threat who is leaving Baltimore for greener pastures, I hope    

15.13 Desean Jackson FA - another awesome downfield threat, not good for a lot of catches but TDs are possible here

16.04 Taylor Gabriel Chicago - another speed merchant and downfield threat that could brother-in-law with his late round brethren

Added Snead with one of last three picks for another wide receiver to hopefully score three weeks or more

Really like these Wrs 

Edited by Maggot Brain

QB - Mayfield and Rivers:  Invested a 6th and 7th here and kind of meh about the results.  I was targeting Winston in the 6th and settled for Mayfield who I'm lower on than most.  Sort of a Wisdom of the crowd selection.  Immediately fired back with Rivers and will just hope he doesn't fall off the cliff this year.  Couldn't risk waiting and getting stuck with someone who would be too risky for an 8th round pick.  

RB - Gurley, Cohen, Thompson, Burkhead, and Powell: Giddy up.  As expected, the news that Gurley was hurt leaked out, thankfully after our first round was done.  Cohen in the late 4th was a great value.  With this duo in place I was set and could wait to cherry pick value late.  Bulkhead and Thompson will contribute and Powell has a place in the NFL.  Much prefer these guys over this year's version of Smallwood and Artis-Payne.

WR - Green, Hilton, Jeffrey, Humphries, Allison, Crabtree:  Boom!  Here's where the value fell in this draft and I scooped it up.  I'll toss this group in the mix for best in class.  Green is a decent WR1 for the late 2nd.  Hilton shouldn't be available at 3.5 in a 16 teamer.  Jeffrey in the 5th, cost me my choice of QB but there was no way I was passing on him.  Humphries will be a much sought after FA and I suspect Crabtree will end up someone that improves his outlook from a 17th round pick.  Allison is perfect for this format.  I saw some candidates for WR7, but didn't think they would move the needle with the guys in front of them.

TE - Doyle, Goedert, and ASJ: Well you guys pounded TE early and often unlike WSL1.  Missed out on many of my preferred options.  Obviously a weak spot, but Doyle and Goedert will keep me from eating donuts.  I see both of these guys having a floor similar to the handful of guys drafted before them, just less up side of being dominant.  I think ASJ will catch on somewhere and prefer him over the rookies who went many rounds before him.

K - Elliot and Bailey: Would have gone with only one kicker, but for the first time in ages I saw more potential help from a 2nd kicker than another position player.

D - Eagles and Packers: Shouldn't have taken the Eagles with Eliot on board not knowing the rest of the bye weeks.

I don't see any danger of an early out.  Last year these leagues were a battle of attrition.  I had one team in the championship that was running with 2 RBs for most of the year and was down to 2 WRs for the championship after running with 3 a majority of the year.  The strategy here was to fill the roster with guys who will be scoring points, I think that was accomplished.

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

WR - Green, Hilton, Jeffrey, Humphries, Allison, Crabtree:  Boom!  Here's where the value fell in this draft and I scooped it up.  I'll toss this group in the mix for best in class.  Green is a decent WR1 for the late 2nd.  Hilton shouldn't be available at 3.5 in a 16 teamer.  Jeffrey in the 5th, cost me my choice of QB but there was no way I was passing on him.  Humphries will be a much sought after FA and I suspect Crabtree will end up someone that improves his outlook from a 17th round pick.  Allison is perfect for this format.  I saw some candidates for WR7, but didn't think they would move the needle with the guys in front of them.

A.J. is key here.  If he comes back full strength, you're very good a WR with this group.  Crabtree should find a role somewhere, too.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:36 AM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

(... thanks to @Stephen Holloway for pointing out I put this in the wrong thread originally).

I went position by position recapping WSL1 so I'll go round-by-round for this iteration. Because variety is the spice of life! (he writes last night while drinking a bourbon on the rocks, which is exactly the same drink he's had the last 400 times he's had a drink ...)

6.03 Jared Goff, QB9 LAR
7.14 Cam Newton, QB18 CAR

2.05 Joe Mixon, RB11 CIN

9.14 Royce Freeman, RB41 DEN
10.03 Nyheim Hines, RB43 IND

12.03 Jay Ajayi, RB52 PHI

16.03 C.J. Anderson, RB67 LAR

1.12 DeAndre Hopkins, WR3 HOU
3.14 Robert Woods, WR18 LAR

5.14 Corey Davis, WR31 TEN

8.03 Dante Pettis, WR43 SFO

14.03 Quincy Enunwa, WR69 (nice!) NYJ

19.14 Rashard Higgins, WR94 CLE
20.03 Trey Quinn, WR96 WAS

4.03 Hunter Henry, TE8 LAC
11.14 Mike Gesicki, TE29 MIA
15.14 Blake Jarwin, TE32 DAL
13.14 Brett Maher, PK12 DAL
17.14 Steelers, DST18 PIT
18.03 Falcons, DST20 ATL

I'll be honest, I kinda like this team. WR will obviously be my powerhouse - if things break right I could lap the field, but even at worst I should be above-average if I avoid the injury bug. QB (assuming Cam makes it back for a full 16) should be top-tier as well. Mixon and some combo of Royce/Ajayi/CJ should produce two good scores a week with Hines a "break glass in case of emergency" floor. TE is a giant question mark, but at least there's the upside there to hang with the big boys.

The good news is I don't think I need anywhere near as many breakouts from this group as I do in WSL1 to make it to the endgame. The bad news is the team that wins usually gets a handful of breakouts late in the draft and I'm not sure I have enough candidates who qualify. My best hope is probably to just win the war of attrition and hope some of the unsexy Ajayis and Enunwas of the world score enough in December to get me across the finish line. Best of luck to all ... :suds:

Love your QB's and the value you got there, but obviously you have to take that FWIW coming from me. Not a huge fan of your RB's, you will need a lot of things to go right for you there after Mixon.  Kind of digging your WR's, I think Higgins is a nice late pick.  I'll being following QE this summer and preseason as I'm not sure what to think of him, neck and then ankle, but if healthy, he should smash WR69. I guess, like OJ Howard, Pettis will be one of the guys I miss on this year.  I'm not exactly sure where the buzz is coming for a guy who has caught a total of 27 NFL passes. Not sure he assumes the role everybody seems to think he will, especially if they bring somebody in like Brown or something which seems to be on the radar. I guess maybe WR43 could be about right. I like Hopkins and Woods as a 1-2 punch at the top.  Think you'll be solid at TE, Henry should be really solid, and Gesicki is a hell of an athlete.  I'm not freaking out about the Witten thing like other Jarwin owners might be.  Though I saw Witten may be on like a 25 play limit.  Honestly him coming back, maybe helps Jarwin as there may be less emphasis for DAL to bring in more competition at the position. If your RB's pan out, you should be pretty solid. Honestly the bourbon may have been the pick I liked the most.  :banned:

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 1