What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This Person Does Not Exist (1 Viewer)

Buckychudd

Footballguy
https://www.inverse.com/article/53280-this-person-does-not-exist-gans-website

At a glance, the images featured on the website This Person Does Not Exist might seem like random high school portraits or vaguely inadvisable LinkedIn headshots. But every single photo on the site has been created by using a special kind of artificial intelligence algorithm called generative adversarial networks (GANs).

Every time the site is refreshed, a shockingly realistic — but totally fake —picture of a person’s face appears. Uber software engineer Phillip Wang created the page to demonstrate what GANs are capable of, and then posted it to the public Facebook group “Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning” on Tuesday.

The underlying code that made this possible, titled StyleGAN, was written by Nvidia and featured in a paper that has yet to be peer-reviewed. This exact type of neural network has the potential to revolutionize video game and 3D-modeling technology, but, as with almost any kind of technology, it could also be used for more sinister purposes. Deepfakes, or computer-generated images superimposed on existing pictures or videos, can be used to push fake news narratives or other hoaxes. That’s precisely why Wang chose to create the mesmerizing but also chilling website.
https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Crazy to refresh this page and realize the "person" is completely computer generated.

Apparently a bunch of those Instagram models are fake people too.  Some computer nerd is making a bunch of money "modeling" shoes and crap for Instagram.

So what happens when you keep refreshing and see all your friends, your wife, parents, co-workers, etc.  Then you realize your whole life has been a big sham and nobody exists and this is just one giant dream.

I wonder what the Evangelizing grocery store clerk would say about that......

Just got a guy who had part of eyeglass frame from his  left ear to left Temple but missing rest of glasses. Like it started rendering him with glasses and said screw it.

I just got Laura Linny. 

eta:  Screen captured it as proof!

Last edited by a moderator:
refreshed like 20 times, didnt get any attractive female faces, gave up.
I got one right now but there’s some sort of Eddie Munster mutant type thing attached to her head.

I thought this was just a created head for a person but there’s background weirdness in some and two heads in the one I am looking at so is it really more of a picture morphing site that uses existing real facial features/pictures and tries to put them together. If the latter, I'm not as impressed.

Color me not impressed. It’s just taking pictures and altering them. It fails miserably if there are glasses, really bad if sunglasses are on a woman’s head.

So what should  you do if you see yourself on this site  (asking for an imaginary friend)
Oh my imaginary friend says I'm the imaginary friend which means I'm imaginary then, if he's right and I'm really not sure that he's wrong, so I might be made up like the words to this song.

Users who are viewing this thread