What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dbag won’t switch seats—would you? (2 Viewers)

Are you a jerk who would refuse letting a family sit together?

• Yes I’m a jerk

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • No I’m a decent person and would let a family fly together

Votes: 95 65.1%

• Total voters

Otis

Footballguy
Can’t tell you how many times someone is flying with a husband or wife or kid but the airline screws it up and seats people apart. Because airlines are teh suck. And they ask me to shift. And whether it’s a “worse” seat or not, I don’t think I’ve ever declined, nor even considered declining. I’ve seen other people refuse and I’m pretty convinced every time that they are giant dooshbags. I’m currently sitting next to one of them. 

Wife and I are at opposite ends of the cabin in first (look at me). Ask the toolbox next to me if he’d mind switching with her. He declines.  “I don’t really want the bulkhead.” (My wife is in the first row). 

So now my wife and I, in the only 24hour trip we’ve had away from our kids in ages, can’t talk during the several hour flight. 

Why are people such jacksticks?

Would you refuse to switch seats?  

ETA — because there seems to be some confusion on this (and I have no idea how that could be, especially because, well, English words, and especially given the context I provided above), let me clarify: YES, FAMILY INCLUDES LIKE THE PERSON YOU ARE MARRIED TO AND STUFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re not gonna believe this. 

Mrs. O previewed the menu for me since I’m four rows back. I was pretty stoked to get the omelet. 

I’m the last person to order in first class. GUESS WHO ORDERED THE LAST OMELET 

Steel cut oats for the Oats 

F me 

Here’s the offender.

[EDITED VERSION - A couple guys in here went LOLBANANAS that I posted a picture of a dooshbag in public on "social media."  So I've replaced that picture with this one.  Our villain is like this guy but a lot older and dooshier, and unlike the guy in this photo, he's the kind of guy who refuses reasonable requests from strangers; also note our villain is wearing a dooshy white watch. If you're desperate to see the picture of this guy, please shoot me a PM and I'll send to you, so you can avoid him in the future.  But, to respect the sensitivity of a couple of FFAers, who went bananas over this picture being posted on the massive social media machine that is the FFA, I've taken down the picture.  Hugs and Kisses, Oats] 

I believe he’s googling “more white watches on sale”

and also maybe “how to be a powerdoosh”

Last edited by a moderator:
The big fat guy next to him is also amazing.  Guy fell asleep and when the attendant came by to take his order, he was startled, and nearly jumped through the roof flailing his arms. Nothing funnier than a fat guy being funny. 

Can’t tell you how many times someone is flying with a husband or wife or kid but the airline screws it up and seats people apart. Because airlines are teh suck. And they ask me to shift. And whether it’s a “worse” seat or not, I don’t think I’ve ever declined, nor even considered declining. I’ve seen other people refuse and I’m pretty convinced every time that they are giant dooshbags. I’m currently sitting next to one of them. 

Wife and I are at opposite ends of the cabin in first (look at me). Ask the toolbox next to me if he’d mind switching with her. He declines.  “I don’t really want the bulkhead.” (My wife is in the first row). 

So now my wife and I, in the only 24hour trip we’ve had away from our kids in ages, can’t talk during the several hour flight. 

Why are people such jacksticks?

Would you refuse to switch seats?  
:lmao:

That's great, thanks. I thought this was a real problem. I hope to experience this one day.

I bet if you asked a couple sitting next to each other in coach if they wanted to switch they’d say yes...
Considered this.  Just didn’t fathom someone refusing, so really didnt’ think any of this through.  And then the opportunity passed. 

Don’t mean to sound unappreciative, but F if I have the time to be doing a book report every time I need to book a flight. Just going to avoid AA whenever humanly possible. 

It takes less time to research the quality of the specific seat on the specific model plane of the specific airline you are flying, and make any necessary changes to the seat you'll be sitting in, than it does to start a new thread and/or post here that contains more than three sentences. 

If you can't figure out how to streamline that process to get it done in about a minute, I recommend trying it with a good set of noise canceling headphones to limit distractions.

I'll switch unless it means I'm getting middle.    No way I'm taking middle.   Yes Oats, they have a middle seat back in coach.  

Considered this.  Just didn’t fathom someone refusing, so really didnt’ think any of this through.  And then the opportunity passed. 
Look on the bright side, you are getting your moneys worth of the free WiFi all the way down to your private island. 

My wife isn’t my family?
When you introduce your wife to someone, do you say, “I’d like you to meet my family, Otissa?”

Commonly a family is considered to be multigenerational unit. Your wife is part of your family, not an entire family.

Look on the bright side, you are getting your moneys worth of the free WiFi all the way down to your private island. 
I just so happened to fly 1st class thanks to my brother's upgrade recently and you had to pay extra for wifi.   I couldn't believe that you'd pay twice as much for the ticket and still have to pony up an extra $10 for crappy wifi.   

I just so happened to fly 1st class thanks to my brother's upgrade recently and you had to pay extra for wifi.   I couldn't believe that you'd pay twice as much for the ticket and still have to pony up an extra $10 for crappy wifi.   
That’s nuts. I figured you always flew 1st class?

When you introduce your wife to someone, do you say, “I’d like you to meet my family, Otissa?”

Commonly a family is considered to be multigenerational unit. Your wife is part of your family, not an entire family.
Thanks for clearing that up.  Makes this totally acceptable.  

Aren’t these all just like horny teenagers with no girlfriends?  At least here I can spar with gentlemen.  
Hey it will make the flight go faster and will entertain us. Return fire. 

Surprised so many attacked so quick is that the norm on there or just for Oats?

get with the new ####, fam

Hey it will make the flight go faster and will entertain us. Return fire. 

Surprised so many attacked so quick is that the norm on there or just for Oats?
No idea. I don’t understand imgur. I just use it to share pics here because thus neat board won’t let us. The whole commenting part is over my head. 

I'll switch unless it means I'm getting middle.    No way I'm taking middle.   Yes Oats, they have a middle seat back in coach.  
Yup, this is how I feel.  And if I'm flying with my wife and we're together (one of us being in the middle), I'm obviously not switching.

At first, I just figured that, deep down, the OP was really just upset with himself for not making the small amount of effort it would have taken to avoid this entire situation and make his wife happy. Then I realized it was Otis.

;)

At first, I just figured that, deep down, the OP was really just upset with himself for not making the small amount of effort it would have taken to avoid this entire situation and make his wife happy. Then I realized it was Otis.

;)
I’m upset with myself for letting it come to this. But the guy is still a Richard. 

Users who are viewing this thread