What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dbag won’t switch seats—would you? (1 Viewer)

Are you a jerk who would refuse letting a family sit together?

• Yes I’m a jerk

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • No I’m a decent person and would let a family fly together

Votes: 95 65.1%

• Total voters
Ha, think you're steamed now, wait until Mrs. Oats goes to the john and white watch guy follows a minute later.  At least Mrs. Oats will be relaxed the rest of the trip. 

To answer the poll question I’ll move unless it’s a middle seat and I’m in a window/aisle. I think it’s pretty unreasonable for a family to expect someone to downgrade to a middle seat while they upgrade. Besides that scenario of course I’d switch seats. 

I had an old lady refuse once. Pissed me off too. Yes, the front row can be annoying since you cant have anything under a seat in front of you but it's not that big of a deal. Sucks to be apart on a long trip. What a dbag.

In all honesty, the bulkhead does (relatively) suck. Everything coming out of the arm rest and you can't store anything underneath.
This is what i was thinking.  I will usually switch, but understand if people don’t want to.  First class bulkhead window seat is not as good as a seat as an aisle.  Especially if you are taller (although the guy in the picture doesnt look that tall).  I prefer aisle being taller and since I try to drink a lot of water so like not bothering anyone to get up and use the bathroom.  

If you are tall the bulkhead sucks. Can’t fully extend legs-which is what you want in 1st on long flights. 

Can’t tell you how many times someone is flying with a husband or wife or kid but the airline screws it up and seats people apart. Because airlines are teh suck. And they ask me to shift. And whether it’s a “worse” seat or not, I don’t think I’ve ever declined, nor even considered declining. I’ve seen other people refuse and I’m pretty convinced every time that they are giant dooshbags. I’m currently sitting next to one of them. 

Wife and I are at opposite ends of the cabin in first (look at me). Ask the toolbox next to me if he’d mind switching with her. He declines.  “I don’t really want the bulkhead.” (My wife is in the first row). 

So now my wife and I, in the only 24hour trip we’ve had away from our kids in ages, can’t talk during the several hour flight. 

Why are people such jacksticks?

Would you refuse to switch seats?  
I’d switch for you...always 

Me and my wife were flying to our honeymoon and we were asked to move from the front to the last row of the plane.  A mother was traveling with 2 kids and one kid was seated next to us so they were separated.    The stewardess asked really nice and explained the situation.  We didn't hesitate to move for them.  The stewardesses seat was near ours in the back and she kept handing us handfuls of sky vodka to take with us.  It was a cool gesture but sky vodka  :X .

Would I move? Sure.

But it's pretty lame to expect a guy that paid for a first class ticket to be inconvenienced (even though it's obviously extremely small) just so you can talk to your wife for a couple of hours.
Yep, blame the airline for separating the two of you, first and foremost. 

Meh--a little of the pot calling the kettle black here.  I probably would make the switch if I was being asked to do so--but it's not the dudes fault that you didn't book your tickets early enough to not get two seats.  It's possible that he booked the seat he did specifically because he didn't want a bulkhead. Finally--you posted a picture of him online without his consent because he sat in the seat he was assigned to sit in--and are mocking and impuning his character.  I'm not sure that you aren't a bigger doosh than him specifically in regards to this instance. 

Why don’t you go back to coach and ask some couples if they would mind switching.  I’m sure you’ll have better luck there.  

Short flight , I'd probably switch no matter what if asked. Longer flight (2.5 hours or more), it better be equal or better seat. I'm with others that think bulkhead is worse than non-bulkhead.

I'll switch unless it means I'm getting middle.    No way I'm taking middle.   Yes Oats, they have a middle seat back in coach.  
I’m with you. I’m not a small guy, always had broad shoulders (size 48 jacket), so I hate the middle and even the window. I always pick my seats as early as I can.

Now, in this case, first class is all the same. Seats are more than big enough so there’s no reason not to switch. I don’t fly enough the last couple years so I don’t get upgraded at all anymore, so my opinion doesn’t matter.

Funny thread.

Schtick def agree with the folks that said the bulkhead does kinda suck in first in many planes. Maybe he wants to be comfortable too.

I’d probably have done it switched but then started a thread about why does this puffy guy HAVE to sit next to his wife.

LMAO. I just read the polll question. "No--I'm a decent person and would let a family fly together"----good  lord this is priceless. He's making it seem like two grown adults sitting 20 feet of one another in first class is "separating a family". Good god Otis--take some medication for that massive case of affluenza that you obviously have. ( I mean this in a fun and joking manner). 

Me and my wife were flying to our honeymoon and we were asked to move from the front to the last row of the plane.  A mother was traveling with 2 kids and one kid was seated next to us so they were separated.    The stewardess asked really nice and explained the situation.  We didn't hesitate to move for them.  The stewardesses seat was near ours in the back and she kept handing us handfuls of sky vodka to take with us.  It was a cool gesture but sky vodka  :X .
Kind of have to when they pull the kid card.

In this situation though the kid moves to the back and that person moves up to your row, no?

I’m with you. I’m not a small guy, always had broad shoulders (size 48 jacket), so I hate the middle and even the window. I always pick my seats as early as I can.

Now, in this case, first class is all the same. Seats are more than big enough so there’s no reason not to switch. I don’t fly enough the last couple years so I don’t get upgraded at all anymore, so my opinion doesn’t matter.
6'4" myself.  Theres nothing that will get me to take middle.  Flying is terrible enough as it is.  

Last year, the wife and I had a vacation with eleven separate flights. Although we had guaranteed tickets, we didn't have guaranteed seating. We had a few legs where they split us apart. I asked the adjacent seats to switch and most of the time we were able to get someone to switch. But sometimes, we couldn't get them to switch and sat apart. I didn't consider it to be a big deal.  

On the other hand, I was flying alone a few years ago and had a window seat, my personal preference. When I went to my seat, there as someone already sitting in it. I asked the guy sitting there and he told me that he was further back in the cabin and his kid, who was in the middle seat, was split from him and that if I want to watch his kid for the whole flight, he would move back to his seat (which was also a middle seat by the way). Now I know that this airline allows you to pick your seat for a price (I had) but if you don't want to pay they randomly assign you a seat and it's usually a middle seat. So this guy was just being cheap. Although I let him stay, I thought that at least he would have taken the pair of seats that were further back.

Users who are viewing this thread