What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dbag won’t switch seats—would you? (2 Viewers)

Are you a jerk who would refuse letting a family sit together?

• Yes I’m a jerk

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • No I’m a decent person and would let a family fly together

Votes: 95 65.1%

• Total voters
You missed your chance at revenge. Should have stopped in the airport and gotten a 3 pc meal of KFC, then busted it out 2 hours into flight. That's how the plebes do airplane revenge in coach. That and fart a lot.

play tetris on your phone with the sound way up and no earphones in? Or, better yet, some app for your kids. Manspread and rub knees? Ned Ryerson him and try to sell him insurance? Pretend you are part of an MLM and try to get him to sign up for DoTerra? Bring up politics? Talk, at length, about your fantasy football season, and how injuries crushed your playoff chances? Tell him, in detail, about your last round of golf? Tell him all about the Illuminati and how they're using vaccines and chemtrails to mind control us?

Kind of have to when they pull the kid card.

In this situation though the kid moves to the back and that person moves up to your row, no?
We were up front and the plane had 2 seats on the last row of the left side.  She moved us there and the mother and other child took our seats.

If I'm alone:

--Short flight (< 1.5 hours) -- I'll move pretty much anywhere if someone asks.

-- Not a short flight -- I'll move pretty much anywhere for a family (i.e. kids with parent(s))

-- Not a short flight -- I'll move to a comfortable seat for a husband/wife or friends. But I won't move to a crappy seat and be uncomfortable.

If I'm with my wife -- I'll move just about anywhere for a family (i.e. kids with parent(s)), and possibly for less (free drink, $5, a chocolate bar).

If I'm with my wife and we are separated, I'll ask if they seem cool and if it doesn't work, not a big deal.

Late to this party but this is a total dbag move.  Especially in biz.  There isnt a bad seat in biz.  

Only acceptable refusals are:

asking you to switch to a different class

asking you to take a middle seat.  

I’ll always switch unless the seat is a substantial downgrade, in which case I’ll explain as simply as possible - my seat good, your seat bad!

Happened once on a cross country flight, family of 3 across from me, I’m the aisle, husband in the middle two rows behind them (sandwiched between whales, nonetheless). Quite simply, I didn’t pay an extra $100 a leg for the roomier seat to sit in the middle, I’m sorry. Me being prepared and you being unprepared is no reason for me to be uncomfortable for 6 hours. 

I guess I don't understand why this guy is the doosh.  He paid for the seat he wanted and explained why he didn't want to switch (it is a downgrade).

Otis is the entitled doosh here. His time was so valuable he couldn't take the time to choose his seats beforehand. Then doubled down on his childish ways and started sneaking pictures of the guy and talking trash about him behind his back. Grow up and quit blaming others for your lack of preparation. 

I just landed. Had to deal with the "getting in front of people while deboarding," guy. 
I'm fine with that guy - he has another flight to catch and is freaking out about it.

I've had some flights where they announced that people should stay in their seats for an extra couple of minutes while the people with short connections get to the front of the deboarding line.  Makes sense to me.

I’ll always switch unless the seat is a substantial downgrade, in which case I’ll explain as simply as possible - my seat good, your seat bad!

Happened once on a cross country flight, family of 3 across from me, I’m the aisle, husband in the middle two rows behind them (sandwiched between whales, nonetheless). Quite simply, I didn’t pay an extra $100 a leg for the roomier seat to sit in the middle, I’m sorry. Me being prepared and you being unprepared is no reason for me to be uncomfortable for 6 hours. 
yeah, back when seats all cost the same, I'd be more likely to change.  If I'm paying extra for a good seat and someone wants me to move downgrade on a long flight, I'd be less likely nowadays.  

I guess I don't understand why this guy is the doosh.  He paid for the seat he wanted and explained why he didn't want to switch (it is a downgrade).

Otis is the entitled doosh here. His time was so valuable he couldn't take the time to choose his seats beforehand. Then doubled down on his childish ways and started sneaking pictures of the guy and talking trash about him behind his back. Grow up and quit blaming others for your lack of preparation. 
I work in the jewelry profession and manage a full service shop in a very affluent area.   One of my buddies has a jewelry store a couple miles away.  I cannot tell you how often both him and I get customers that come in the very last second wanting a jewelry or watch repair that would normally take several days or weeks and expecting it to be done in 24 hours or less.   My buddy put a sign up in his shop that reads "Poor planning on your end does not constitute an emergency on my end".  While I'd never put that sign up in my shop--I am absolutely jealous that he has that sign in his.   Enabling people like this just grows their sense of entitlement.   

Last edited by a moderator:

The guy is the doosh because Otis is the protagonist. That's how these things work.

This is exactly where I am  

We got an email about a flight we are taking in 6 months. Wife jumped onto the computer to make sure we got the seats we wanted. Not that difficult. 

The most unsurprising part of this story is that someone in first class was not going to accommodate your needs. I wouldn't have even bothered making the request.

Not defending him, but just the same, you can sit away from your wife for a plane ride and it will be fine.

LMAO. I just read the polll question. "No--I'm a decent person and would let a family fly together"----good  lord this is priceless. He's making it seem like two grown adults sitting 20 feet of one another in first class is "separating a family". Good god Otis--take some medication for that massive case of affluenza that you obviously have. ( I mean this in a fun and joking manner). 
hey look jv ...have you seen this guy's outdoor kitchen?  

If you have, you wouldn't be asking these kinds of questions.  

But he prefer to ask a guy who paid two grand to sit where he wanted, to move where he doesn't want to. Then ridiculed him and posts his pic. 
I’d be surprised if the guy actually paid for first class. First of all, on a lot of flights with open first class seats you can upgrade for $100 or so. Second, I’ve flown first class dozens of times over my career and I’ve never paid for it. I’ve never even been in those platinum frequent flyers. My BIL travels almost every week and he’s the top AA FF program and he’ll get upgraded every flight. I’d bet that guy is in sales and frequent flyer. I would have switched because in first class, every seat is comfortable and you never have to worry about being stuck in a bad seat. I’ve had horrible experiences with big obese people even in the aisle.

More i think about it, i think O might be the dbag for even asking
Lol. Don’t know if you’ve never flown first class, but there aren’t really bad seats. It’s not like the cases I’ve seen where people assume you’ll just move because they were lazy or cheap. Otis didn’t ask the guy something even remotely inconvenient. The guy has his right to keep his seat, but a ##### bag is like the guy above who sat in someone’s seat to make it even harder for someone to say they won’t switch. I’ve flown a ton with my wife and some with wife and kids and I’ve booked the seats together every time. It’s not hard. 

I usually do too.  This is my bad. Just a craz week at work and when you buy on miles or points they make everything impossible. 
Yeah...so you're sitting in the seats you bought and selected, but want this guy to switch. He's a bit dickish not to, but this is far from a family with kids who selected and purchased seats next to eachother getting split up because airlines are horrible and this guy denying you to sit next to your kids.

Yeah...so you're sitting in the seats you bought and selected, but want this guy to switch. He's a bit dickish not to, but this is far from a family with kids who selected and purchased seats next to eachother getting split up because airlines are horrible and this guy denying you to sit next to your kids.
I assume this was mostly schtick and the O man is just stoked to be going on vacation, starting with seats in the front of the bus and was giving us a funny thread.

White watch guy was totally fine saying no. Window seat bulk head is the worst seat in first class. 

I’ve seen the whole bad airlines mentioned multiple times. I’ve never had an airline split up my seats that I pre-booked, ever. I don’t think this happens much, if at all, but the whole buy separated seats and see if people will switch happens way way more. 

I’ve seen the whole bad airlines mentioned multiple times. I’ve never had an airline split up my seats that I pre-booked, ever. I don’t think this happens much, if at all, but the whole buy separated seats and see if people will switch happens way way more. 
It happens all the time to people who are lax checking in.  Sounds like he didn't check in online at all.  

It happens all the time to people who are lax checking in.  Sounds like he didn't check in online at all.  
Agreed, it’s very easy to make sure you are together. If you are flying with family members and either wait too long or go the cheap route, you live with your seats or don’t get mad if people don’t want to move. Many people will. I will unless it’s a bad move. I’m not giving up my aisle for a middle or squeezing next to a huge person.

The guy is probably not someone I want to be friends with. But it’s also possible you had the air of a guy who’d go mental over this, which he sensed. In most cases he’d switch no problem, but he rebuffed you in the name of in-flight entertainment. He smirked as you huffed and puffed and squirmed in your seat all frustrated, watched gleefully as you craned your neck around and mouthed  “I love you...” to the Mrs followed by blowing air kisses off your mammoth hands, snapped pics of you and texted them to his buddies...”I so unhinged this dude next to me...”.

Maybe I do want to be friends with him.  :oldunsure:

Can’t tell you how many times someone is flying with a husband or wife or kid but the airline screws it up and seats people apart. Because airlines are teh suck. And they ask me to shift. And whether it’s a “worse” seat or not, I don’t think I’ve ever declined, nor even considered declining. I’ve seen other people refuse and I’m pretty convinced every time that they are giant dooshbags. I’m currently sitting next to one of them. 

Wife and I are at opposite ends of the cabin in first (look at me). Ask the toolbox next to me if he’d mind switching with her. He declines.  “I don’t really want the bulkhead.” (My wife is in the first row). 

So now my wife and I, in the only 24hour trip we’ve had away from our kids in ages, can’t talk during the several hour flight. 

Why are people such jacksticks?

Would you refuse to switch seats?  
You sound like a baby

I barely talk to my wife on flights.

I usually have my tablet loaded with tv/movies, put on the nch and zone out

It's happened to us two or three times,  and we don't travel that much. They'll split the kids out away from us...makes no sense at all. So there you go.

Lol. Don’t know if you’ve never flown first class, but there aren’t really bad seats. It’s not like the cases I’ve seen where people assume you’ll just move because they were lazy or cheap. Otis didn’t ask the guy something even remotely inconvenient. The guy has his right to keep his seat, but a ##### bag is like the guy above who sat in someone’s seat to make it even harder for someone to say they won’t switch. I’ve flown a ton with my wife and some with wife and kids and I’ve booked the seats together every time. It’s not hard. 
Maybe not “bad” seats, but to me, bulkhead is worse than any other seat in first. I’d rather sit in first bulkhead than anywhere in coach, but to me it’s still the worst seat in first. The guy planned ahead and chose his seat, and is not a dbag for not wanting to downgrade his seat. 

Users who are viewing this thread