What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dbag won’t switch seats—would you? (1 Viewer)

Are you a jerk who would refuse letting a family sit together?

• Yes I’m a jerk

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • No I’m a decent person and would let a family fly together

Votes: 95 65.1%

• Total voters
Maybe not “bad” seats, but to me, bulkhead is worse than any other seat in first. I’d rather sit in first bulkhead than anywhere in coach, but to me it’s still the worst seat in first. The guy planned ahead and chose his seat, and is not a dbag for not wanting to downgrade his seat. 
I wasn’t calling him that. I was talking about the guy who sat next to his kid in a story later in the thread. That guy sat in someone else’s seat to basically make the person switch without giving them the option to say no. That’s ridiculous and if you fly with your kid, spend the time and money making sure you are together. It’s not hard. 

It's happened to us two or three times,  and we don't travel that much. They'll split the kids out away from us...makes no sense at all. So there you go.
Did you have assigned seats or not? You made it seem like you did and they switched you. Every family flight I’ve booked, I’ve made sure our seats were together during the purchase. If you didn’t get assigned seats or didn’t pay extra to choose seats then I don’t see what the airline did wrong. I’ve got 3 boys and when I got tickets to a Panthers game, I had limited options because I was looking for 5 seats, but I made sure we had 5 together. On the flights, I made sure I found 2 and 3 together. It wasn’t difficult. 

Reminds me of a post I read on the round rock AAA baseball website. Some mom moved down to the front row and was bugging about the guy who would not leave the season tickets seat he probably paid 1500 for, do she could sit with her section jumping kids.

This is the story of the ant and the grasshopper from the grasshopper's perspective. "I didn't plan, and you did. That's not fair!!!!!"

Mrs Oats posting in FBGals about how she didn’t mind her cheapass husband putting her at the bulkhead because she didn’t have to sit next to him.  And some guy with a nice watch winked as he walked by giving her the feelings...

I assume this was mostly schtick and the O man is just stoked to be going on vacation, starting with seats in the front of the bus and was giving us a funny thread.

White watch guy was totally fine saying no. Window seat bulk head is the worst seat in first class. 
Why??

To answer the poll question I’ll move unless it’s a middle seat and I’m in a window/aisle. I think it’s pretty unreasonable for a family to expect someone to downgrade to a middle seat while they upgrade. Besides that scenario of course I’d switch seats. 
This is the only correct answer. Any other is demonstrably wrong and stupid. 

Dear Otis,

I hope you enjoy your non-flight portion of the trip.

Sincerely, Jaysus (from the internet)

Maybe not “bad” seats, but to me, bulkhead is worse than any other seat in first. I’d rather sit in first bulkhead than anywhere in coach, but to me it’s still the worst seat in first. The guy planned ahead and chose his seat, and is not a dbag for not wanting to downgrade his seat. 
I don’t get the “bulkhead is way worse.”  Johnsonface had the same three hour flight either way. He would have looked at his stupid phone with his stupid Chinese knock off black colored AirPods in his ears either way at his stupid show.  What’s the difference??

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying back in the morning. Same situation but slightly different. Otis sitting directly behind Mrs. O in first. Both window seats. Will see if one of our neighbors is not a Richard tomorrow. Will report back. 

Flying back in the morning. Same situation but slightly different. Otis sitting directly behind Mrs. O in first. Both window seats. Will see if one of our neighbors is not a Richard tomorrow. Will report back. 
well, depending on how tonight goes, you could just keep finding ways to cross/uncross your legs so that you kick the hell out of the back of her seat.  

Also the crowd who comes out with “this gentleman paid his money and selected his seat and should not have to switch” are dooshy as the villain here. They and this attitude are the reason the world is a mess. Everyone is a me first jerk. It’s sad really. Like I said, 10/10 times I make the swap, whether happy about it or not, because it’s the right thing to do. If you don’t understand that, I can’t help you. 

Also the crowd who comes out with “this gentleman paid his money and selected his seat and should not have to switch” are dooshy as the villain here. They and this attitude are the reason the world is a mess. Everyone is a me first jerk. It’s sad really. Like I said, 10/10 times I make the swap, whether happy about it or not, because it’s the right thing to do. If you don’t understand that, I can’t help you. 
holding a mirror up to society otis

Huh. Let that sink in for a bit. 

I'd switch, and I was on the receiving end of someone switching with me so I could sit with my wife on our honeymoon flight. Having said that, starting a thread to cry about this then getting crushed in the imgur comments is sad. :lol:  

First you are trapped like a rat in the window seat.

Second that bulkhead on most planes leaves you limited legroom and I swear it narrows as it gets close to the window. It's like 10% better than Exit Row aisle if there's no person in the middle seat.

IMO second row aisle is the sweet spot or last row aisle is the sweet spot. Second row makes sure you don't get screwed on food option (but lets be honest the food sucks). Last row you can recline from the get go and they don't say anything.

Now put down the iPad and pay attention to Mrs O on your getaway :lol:

I don’t get the “bulkhead is way worse.”  Johnsonface had the same three hour flight either way. He would have looked at his stupid phone with his stupid Chinese knock off black colored AirPods in his ears either way at his stupid show.  What’s the difference??
Bulkhead sucks for a bunch of reasons.  Including having to put the bag that normally goes in front you - easily accessible - up above instead.  It's ####### annoying.

That said, I've switched into it before as a favor to someone who wants to sit with a spouse, or co worker, or kid, or whatever.   In fact, I can't remember ever refusing to switch.  Hell, I've even switched into a middle seat (I always sit on the aisle - control issues) on rare occasions.

So anyway, I get why it's annoying.  It would annoy me too.  Not enough to secretly take a pic of the guy and post it online though.  That's pretty weird.

This has to be Schlick right?

You know you can pick your seats more than 24 hours in advance, right? Especially in International Business Class. 

Who is planning your travel where you guys keep ending up separated? If it’s the Mrs.... maybe she’s trying to tell you something, GB? :(  

I agree here. 

To recap, 90% of the FFA disagrees with Otes.

Perhaps it’s  time to re-evaluate some emotions here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have assigned seats or not? You made it seem like you did and they switched you. Every family flight I’ve booked, I’ve made sure our seats were together during the purchase. If you didn’t get assigned seats or didn’t pay extra to choose seats then I don’t see what the airline did wrong. I’ve got 3 boys and when I got tickets to a Panthers game, I had limited options because I was looking for 5 seats, but I made sure we had 5 together. On the flights, I made sure I found 2 and 3 together. It wasn’t difficult. 
we always travel with reserved seats. 

hasn't stopped the airlines from moving us around. does it seem like I'd make this up for any particular reason?

"hi... this is the first trip my wife and I have together alone in a decade since the kids, and...I'm a moron and totally forgot to book our seats together. Wed both be really appreciative if you were cool with switching with my wife." 

"Yes"

"Awesome! Thanks for switching!"

"Yeah... I'm not switching. Just agreeing that you're a moron"

we always travel with reserved seats. 

hasn't stopped the airlines from moving us around. does it seem like I'd make this up for any particular reason?
Well, I have no idea what airlines you fly and what exactly a reserved seat means to you, but damn if I or my wife/kids have ever been moved if I selected a seat assignment when I purchased. Definitely don’t think you are lying but once I have a seat assignment, I have never been moved without my request, ever. I’ve flown a lot over many years.

IMO second row aisle is the sweet spot or last row aisle is the sweet spot. Second row makes sure you don't get screwed on food option (but lets be honest the food sucks). Last row you can recline from the get go and they don't say anything.
Careful with this on Delta.  I don't know how other airlines do it, but Delta first class follows (most of the time) "FEBO," meaning on even-numbered flights they start the order-taking in the front, and on odd-numbered flights they start in the back.  Occasionally they deviate, but I'd say I've seen them stick with this on 90+% of my flights, so at least with them you should check your flight number when making your seat selection.

This is all so bizzare to me.... I fly a good bit and have never had an airline move me from an otherwise reserved seat, unless it was a comp upgrade to first. 

Also, you can select your meal in advance on Biz class international.. at least on delta one class. It’s kinda nice not having to worry about it. 

Ask the toolbox next to me if he’d mind switching with her. He declines.  “I don’t really want the bulkhead.” (My wife is in the first row). 
I think generally I’m amenable especially if a guy wants to sit next to his wife, but I specifically don’t mind the first row. It’s cool, put your feet up, no one leaning back in front of you, right by the stewardess, it’s fine.

I'd switch, and I was on the receiving end of someone switching with me so I could sit with my wife on our honeymoon flight. Having said that, starting a thread to cry about this then getting crushed in the imgur comments is sad. :lol:  
The Imgur comments thing is super weird. Especially because it doesn’t say anything about the situation. It’s a picture of an old dude. :shrug:  

I think generally I’m amenable especially if a guy wants to sit next to his wife, but I specifically don’t mind the first row. It’s cool, put your feet up, no one leaning back in front of you, right by the stewardess, it’s fine.
This. I don’t get the “oh man the bulkhead is bad” shtick. It’s like everyone went on that stupid flight rating site and read that  some “expert” concluded it’s a lesser seat and therefore took that as gospel.  You get more space and don’t have to look at the back of any slobs the entire flight.  And you’re the first ones off the plane.  I don’t get it.

This is all so bizzare to me.... I fly a good bit and have never had an airline move me from an otherwise reserved seat, unless it was a comp upgrade to first. 

Also, you can select your meal in advance on Biz class international.. at least on delta one class. It’s kinda nice not having to worry about it. 
I don’t ever care enough about the meal. And I also find that kind of impossible. “Let’s see, three weeks from now, for breakfast, will I be in the mood for oatmeal or eggs?”

Do you think all the posts and comments on the internet are generated by computers? 

A lot becoming clearer.
Oh. Well those opinions from pubescent teenage boys, without any context whatsoever, are incredibly useful data. 

First you are trapped like a rat in the window seat.

Second that bulkhead on most planes leaves you limited legroom and I swear it narrows as it gets close to the window. It's like 10% better than Exit Row aisle if there's no person in the middle seat.
I don’t get a “trapped like a rat” in the window seat either. I mean, it’s true, but it’s also offset by the fact that you have to unplug all your crap and get up every time the guy next to you wants to take a leak. This is huge on long/international flights where you may want to skew. And the guy next to you also controls the window shade. Frankly I haven’t ever figured out which seat is better, window or aisle. 

You're seriously going to try and switch here? You're right behind her. 

You could lick her friggin ear if you wanted too.

If you ask someone to switch in this situation,  you are the dbag. 

Users who are viewing this thread