What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dbag won’t switch seats—would you? (1 Viewer)

Are you a jerk who would refuse letting a family sit together?

• Yes I’m a jerk

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • No I’m a decent person and would let a family fly together

Votes: 95 65.1%

• Total voters
No we were not sitting together. It was a last minute flight.

But we are all adults and could handle the 2 hours separate...... ;)
Ah well.  I agree tough to make this happen logistically with four people if they’re all over the cabin. 

I havent read this whole thread -- but has the idea been floated this guy may have been an air Marshall?   They have to have their seats coordinated so that the attendants know what seat they're in.    That's not to say they couldn't switch, but there's a bit more to it than just some guy being an ###.  

The greater good is moving swiftly on the sidewalk, not standing in front of the turnstile while you look for your Metrocard, and not imposing on strangers to give up their seats on airplanes for your own wants.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I’ve done this plenty of times, and never once refused. I know it’s hard to believe in this “me first” or “me only” world of Trumpsters, but it’s true, we can be decent to other folks if we just try a tiny bit. 

The greater good is moving swiftly on the sidewalk, not standing in front of the turnstile while you look for your Metrocard, and not imposing on strangers to give up their seats on airplanes for your own wants.
You nailed the first two. 

The worst is when people are leaving a theater or stadium and as soon as they leave, they just stand there, blocking the exit as they gaze at the outside like its their first time.

Can’t tell you how many times someone is flying with a husband or wife or kid but the airline screws it up and seats people apart. Because airlines are teh suck. And they ask me to shift. And whether it’s a “worse” seat or not, I don’t think I’ve ever declined, nor even considered declining. I’ve seen other people refuse and I’m pretty convinced every time that they are giant dooshbags. I’m currently sitting next to one of them. 

Wife and I are at opposite ends of the cabin in first (look at me). Ask the toolbox next to me if he’d mind switching with her. He declines.  “I don’t really want the bulkhead.” (My wife is in the first row). 

So now my wife and I, in the only 24hour trip we’ve had away from our kids in ages, can’t talk during the several hour flight. 

Why are people such jacksticks?

Would you refuse to switch seats?  
Why don't you book your trip ahead of time d&c*h@ad  :)

I'll switch as long as I don't get stuck in a middle seat. 

Last trip I'm with my family and we have 3 seats in a row.  A$$h@t asks my family to split up so his will 3 be together and for us to go to their seats since his son is only 14 years old and mine is older (17).  14?  Kid doesn't need or even want to be near you.  He got so belligerent with people around him about it that the stewardess removed him from plane.  But that's not the funny part.  His family didn't even get off with him.  The two of them ditched him and kept going.  

Maybe you missed the part where I said I’ve done this plenty of times, and never once refused. I know it’s hard to believe in this “me first” or “me only” world of Trumpsters, but it’s true, we can be decent to other folks if we just try a tiny bit. 
You have been asked plenty of times to move seats so someone can sit next to their wife? Hmmm.

It's pretty telling that the OP has a very hard time handling himself when he doesn't get "his way".  Goes over the rails (to the point he posted a picture of the guy online) when a passenger politely declines to give up the seat that he was properly assigned, starts an internet thread posing the situation as a "topic" that is up for discussion -and proceeds to act rude and snarky with every person that posts an opinion that doesn't mirror his perfectly.   While much of it is funny--it's actually pathetic that he seems to have zero self awareness of how out of control his sense of entitlement is.  

It's pretty telling that the OP has a very hard time handling himself when he doesn't get "his way".  Goes over the rails (to the point he posted a picture of the guy online) when a passenger politely declines to give up the seat that he was properly assigned, starts an internet thread posing the situation as a "topic" that is up for discussion -and proceeds to act rude and snarky with every person that posts an opinion that doesn't mirror his perfectly.   While much of it is funny--it's actually pathetic that he seems to have zero self awareness of how out of control his sense of entitlement is.  
SCOREBOARD!!!!112

The worst is when people are leaving a theater or stadium and as soon as they leave, they just stand there, blocking the exit as they gaze at the outside like its their first time.
The absolute worst are the people clogging up the main aisles at Costco, chatting it up while they eat their samples.  I was practically yelling at people yesterday.

I'd like to offer up a spot on this worst people list to the guy who pees in the stalls when there are tons of open urinals and then proceeds to piss all over the seat.

I'd like to offer up a spot on this worst people list to the guy who pees in the stalls when there are tons of open urinals and then proceeds to piss all over the seat.
Same guy who doesn't flush his poop. Wtf? Too much trouble to press a lever?

First you are trapped like a rat in the window seat.

Second that bulkhead on most planes leaves you limited legroom and I swear it narrows as it gets close to the window. It's like 10% better than Exit Row aisle if there's no person in the middle seat.

IMO second row aisle is the sweet spot or last row aisle is the sweet spot. Second row makes sure you don't get screwed on food option (but lets be honest the food sucks). Last row you can recline from the get go and they don't say anything.

Now put down the iPad and pay attention to Mrs O on your getaway :lol:
I guess I'm that guy you all love who chooses first class bulkhead every flight and leaves you all the good seats.  I work on most of my flights, and I hate when the person in front of me reclines and my work space is limited.  In the bulkhead, big deal, I have to pull my table out of my seat arm.  Big deal, I have to plan an extra 20 seconds to pull out my power cord, headphones, laptop, and book before sitting down.  But I have work space, which is all I need.  And I get off the plane first, which seems to matter alot this winter the way United is running (and me running to my next flight).

I guess I'm that guy you all love who chooses first class bulkhead every flight and leaves you all the good seats.  I work on most of my flights, and I hate when the person in front of me reclines and my work space is limited.  In the bulkhead, big deal, I have to pull my table out of my seat arm.  Big deal, I have to plan an extra 20 seconds to pull out my power cord, headphones, laptop, and book before sitting down.  But I have work space, which is all I need.  And I get off the plane first, which seems to matter alot this winter the way United is running (and me running to my next flight).
OMG WTF THAT IS THE WORST SEAT ON THE PLANE OUTSIDE OF A MIDDLE COACH SEAT HAVE YOU GONE COMPLETELY MAD???1111111juanito 

Last edited by a moderator:
Otis GB, I’m still with you on this one. 

I have my favorite seats in first class. I don’t like row 1. I like the last row of first so there’s no one behind me so I don’t feel bad reclining. Also, on flights going east to west, they start in at the last row for food  choices so I don’t get stuck with the worst option. And on long flights I like the aisle seat so I don’t have to bother my seat mate if I have to pee. So my ideal seat is last row of first in the aisle, which I think is where your buddy was.

But if someone asked me to switch seats to the window in row 1 (IMO, the worst seat In first) so they could sit by their spouse, I would happily accommodate them. If my favorite seat in first is a 10, the worst seat in first is a 9.8. There’s just not that much difference.

I havent read this whole thread -- but has the idea been floated this guy may have been an air Marshall?   They have to have their seats coordinated so that the attendants know what seat they're in.    That's not to say they couldn't switch, but there's a bit more to it than just some guy being an ###.  
if you are trying to shuffle airmarshalls around on a plane it probably means you are a terrorist take that to the bank brohans 

kutta said:

I have my favorite seats in first class. I don’t like row 1. I like the last row of first so there’s no one behind me so I don’t feel bad reclining. Also, on flights going east to west, they start in at the last row for food  choices so I don’t get stuck with the worst option. And on long flights I like the aisle seat so I don’t have to bother my seat mate if I have to pee. So my ideal seat is last row of first in the aisle, which I think is where your buddy was.

But if someone asked me to switch seats to the window in row 1 (IMO, the worst seat In first) so they could sit by their spouse, I would happily accommodate them. If my favorite seat in first is a 10, the worst seat in first is a 9.8. There’s just not that much difference.
Jesus it’s so refreshing to hear a reasonable perspective on this.  Couldn’t agree more.  And that’s my point—you are a super seatdork or just a jackhole if you let that 0.2 difference be enough for you to decline the move.  “No, good sir, I shall not accept your offer!  I worked very hard to select the most optimal seat in the cabin to address all of my various comforts and preferences, and I shall not cede on this issue!  Good day, sir!”

Last edited by a moderator:
gianmarco said:
Nominated for most predictable post of 2019.
Finally, the Webby I deserved back in Aught Six.  I’ll take it late.  Hell, I’ll take it posthumously.  

First post updated to try and resolve the hopeless confusion about what the word “family” means.  HTH

speaking of- I'm flying out this afternoon with my family. 

I'll have the phone live-streaming for when the airline decides at the gate to split our family up. I'll probably need a lawyer when finished, so alert the lawyer thread please.

please note, by "family" I just mean me. 

kidding. actually- the kids and wife are included in my nukeyalur family "me" unit.

kutta said:

You may be "with" Otis on it being okay to ask someone to switch seats but do you really think it's right to refer that person as a "dbag" if he/she politely declines your offer?

kutta said:

The question is if a guy is a "dbag" if he doesn't move for you. The answer to that is "no". 

I realize this is schticked up material from Mr. Otis which I really do enjoy. But, at the root of it he seemed deeply offended by white watch guy, like the guy just mowed his lawn offended. This is misplaced.

I don't think I have ever been asked to move so someone could sit next to their wife on a 3 hour flight. Husband of the year material O is here.

Otis said:
Who is asking them to inconvenience themselves. I’m offering them the same damn accommodations in the same class so people traveling together can be travel together.  Would love to hear more about this “inconvenience.” 

FWIW, I suspect in lots of instances people don’t give a crap about one seat versus the other and didn’t spent nine hours researching and selecting their seat in advance. Provided they aren’t sociopaths. 
In all honesty, they probably spent 90 seconds.  Online check-in, see available seating.  Click.  Click.  I'm guessing Mrs. O enjoyed the three hours away from your ignorant lazy ###.

I know the OP is trolling here, but this is a good discussion to have. I was looking at vegas flights recently on frontier. Choosing my seat was like 42 bucks. 

Thats a lot of money to spend on a seat to have to give up potentially because some people didnt feel like spending that. 

10 years ago i think pretty much always moving was the right thing. Now i dont think we should be expecting random strangers to wipe their butts with 42 bucks so we can share some time on the plane with our wives. 

shuke said:
The absolute worst are the people clogging up the main aisles at Costco, chatting it up while they eat their samples.  I was practically yelling at people yesterday.
You'd love it over here.  The Germans love chatting in front of doors, stairways, escalators...

First post updated to try and resolve the hopeless confusion about what the word “family” means.  HTH
That brings up a good point.  Is there a difference if its two friends traveling together who ask someone to switch seats?  Or two co-workers?

By the way, I always choose aisle seats in coach.  Always.  Like everyone, I hate middle seats, but I hate window seats only slightly less (I really don't care for being blocked in, and I hate asking people to get up way more than I hate being asked to get up).  If someone asked me to switch from an aisle to a window to allow a family to sit together, I'd do it because I'm an accommodating person, but I wouldn't like it one bit, and my flight experience would be materially affected.

Users who are viewing this thread