What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wisconsin school gives cheerleader "Big Boobie Award" (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers
WI HS accused of body shaming cheerleaders

There was the Big Boobie award for the girl with the biggest breasts. The coach giving the award, according to several parents among the 100 people in attendance, made a joke that the girl risked a concussion when she ran because of her “enormous boobs.” There was a Big Booty award for another girl. In a video from the event, held at a local catering hall, the coach presenting the award said: “We love her butt. Everybody loves her butt.”

The String Bean award went to a freshman who, as the Tremper cheerleading coach Patti Uttech later told school administrators, “was so light and skinny.”
It's 2019; can we not do this?

Older people (opening this can of worms) cannot wrap their head around what’s appropriate and inappropriate to say. I’m 37, dad is 59. He calls me up once a week asking why someone took something as inappropriate (something that’s in the news, family member upset, etc...). Inevitably after 10 minutes circling the discussion, I say “if you were ______ , would you find it funny since the joke is at your expense?”  At that point he invariably says “huh” and then we just chat about movies or whatever. Every. Single. Time. Same conversation - doesn’t get it, then it clicks but he forgets the entire thing a week later. 

Everyone thinks they’re a comedian, the problem is they’re not funny. 

Last edited by a moderator:
this is ridiculous what an embarassment for se wisco she should have a first class seat on my rocket ship to the sun while being eaten by bees and you just know there is no way in hell she would switch seats so that hitler could sit next to eva take that to the bank bromigos 

I am not sure how people aren't aware enough that these days people will go out of their way to be offended, but this is just throwing raw meat into the lions den.  That being said, this is about at the bottom of the list of things Tremper needs to worry about.

A little bit of discretion probably would have sufficed here. I wouldn't have done this regardless of the tone and tenor of it. 

It sounds bad in black and white print news.  

This took me all of an 8 second google search.  Less than 2 years ago, Douglas Richmond, was accused of having sexual relations with a female student in 2009-2010 at the same high school.  Seriously.  And before someone asks, my point is, is that is your HS image not tainted enough already without this kind of thing?  I mean aren't parents of HS kids already worried enough about predatory teachers, someone bringing a gun to school, horny teenagers, their kids getting into college but then someone thinks it's a good idea to bring into focus teenager's body parts?  It just seems like incredibly poor judgement.

Just be glad they didn't have male cheerleaders. Then we'd be talking about the "Big Brat" award.

Older people (opening this can of worms) cannot wrap their head around what’s appropriate and inappropriate to say. I’m 37, dad is 59. He calls me up once a week asking why someone took something as inappropriate (something that’s in the news, family member upset, etc...). Inevitably after 10 minutes circling the discussion, I say “if you were ______ , would you find it funny since the joke is at your expense?”  At that point he invariably says “huh” and then we just chat about movies or whatever. Every. Single. Time. Same conversation - doesn’t get it, then it clicks but he forgets the entire thing a week later. 

Everyone thinks they’re a comedian, the problem is they’re not funny. 
So what is appropriate?   I'm 54, educated and I can't figure it out.  Things that I have seen people get offended over really surprise me.  I'm a teacher and a vet so I'm open to a lot of criticism but I guess things just don't get to me the way they do to the younger generation.  I get it, there are some things off limits....like making fun of a high school girls body.  Not arguing that, but  you have to admit that this whole PC thing has jumped the shark.  (No offense to sharks).

This thread--and the link-- are worthless without pics.    😜
                                                                                                                        :heart:  Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty reacted to this

Standing Hampton said:
So what is appropriate?   I'm 54, educated and I can't figure it out.  Things that I have seen people get offended over really surprise me.  I'm a teacher and a vet so I'm open to a lot of criticism but I guess things just don't get to me the way they do to the younger generation.  I get it, there are some things off limits....like making fun of a high school girls body.  Not arguing that, but  you have to admit that this whole PC thing has jumped the shark.  (No offense to sharks).
In a sane world (  :rolleyes:  ), this would be something that would be a legitimate story.  Because of the near-incessant drumbeat of stories of outrage and faux-outrage, legitimate stories like this get lost in the shuffle.

Standing Hampton said:
I personally don’t care, but I also can see why someone can get offended sometimes.  Yeah sometimes I think people go overboard too, but it’s hard for me to say because I’m not in their shoes. If I make a joke about battered women, hey it’s just a joke. But if I tell it to someome whose mom used to get beat up on the reg, he might not find it funny.

I don’t know if it’s jumped the shark either, I think we’re just more aware of things now. I’m sure there were people offended with all kinds of things back in the 80s, but theyd just tell their neighbor, not the entire world.  

Standing Hampton said:
No, no we don't.

My wife works at an all girls high school. Stuff like this is a bad idea - a decent number of these kids are already tightly wound bundles of insecurity and ambiguity about their identities (I hear examples of this on a weekly basis). Having an authority figure do stuff like this causes problems. May not be with the kid who is the direct target of the award, but there's likely to be splash damage with others who witness stuff like that. If this happened at my wife's school, there'd be parents all over the administration calling for that teacher's job. Possibly, rightfully so. Seriously poor judgement there. You're a gym teacher at a high school, not MC of a Comedy Central Roast - act like it.

so i read that this years banquet will be coaches and cheerleaders only no parents allowed what in the hell type of a parent would have to be to let your kid go to that s show following this news story i say that but then i think to myself well tremper gonna tremper take that to the bank bromigos 

Standing Hampton said:
go thru life like you’re riding the ny subway.   blank 100 yard stare, head down, don’t look directly at anyone, say nothing and wear earphones.

so i read that this years banquet will be coaches and cheerleaders only no parents allowed what in the hell type of a parent would have to be to let your kid go to that s show following this news story i say that but then i think to myself well tremper gonna tremper take that to the bank bromigos 
Bad Idea Jeans sponsoring that event?

OrtonToOlsen said:
Thank you.  These dorks go bananas when I post a photo here of a middle aged man in public acting like a total dbag but, hey sure, let’s post up the sexual pics of the high school kids

:thumbup:

The Big Guy said:
Women are so much worse with body shaming and things of that sort than men are. It just doesn't usually get published like a manshaming story does.
This is a lot of social media right now. A bunch of idiot women snarking at each other.

My wife works at an all girls high school. Stuff like this is a bad idea - a decent number of these kids are already tightly wound bundles of insecurity and ambiguity about their identities (I hear examples of this on a weekly basis). Having an authority figure do stuff like this causes problems. May not be with the kid who is the direct target of the award, but there's likely to be splash damage with others who witness stuff like that. If this happened at my wife's school, there'd be parents all over the administration calling for that teacher's job. Possibly, rightfully so. Seriously poor judgement there. You're a gym teacher at a high school, not MC of a Comedy Central Roast - act like it.
I had an old girlfriend that summed this whole thing up for me.

"I was flat-chested up until I was a sophomore.  I hated my body.   Then I 'blossomed'.  By the time I graduated I was a DD cup.  I hated my body."

When people get their panties in a wad over being wished a "Merry Christmas", I'd say we've jumped the shark.  

You may be too young for the reference, but there was an episode of Happy Days were Fonzie.....nevermind.
:lmao:  

Oh Yea. He's too young to remember that.

Users who are viewing this thread