What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Tucker Carlson a journalist or a mouthpiece? (1 Viewer)

Meh. The guy went out of his way to provoke Carlson, not really surprised it went that way or that it didn't get aired. Dr. Dutch basically trolled him.

Tucker Carlson used to be an interesting opinion writer at the Weekly Standard. I used to read him. Shared elevators with him and joked about smoking unfiltered cigarettes. Seemed like a pleasant enough guy. Good sense of humor in the limited time I talked to him.  

Interesting to see how television has replaced print and what that means in terms of both content and temperament of the purveyors of the news.  

I don't think that "mouthpiece" is the most accurate word to describe him, since it would imply that he was simply delivering someone else's talking points.

I think that a better term might be "propagandist". 
How about blabbermouth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about it is one thing. Calling Calrson out personally on his own show is another.
Tucker brought him on for calling out the billionaires at Davos to their faces. 

And then he's surprised when he calls out Tucker? Seems ... strange.

Tucker brought him on for calling out the billionaires at Davos to their faces. 

And then he's surprised when he calls out Tucker? Seems ... strange.
Obviously he wasn't expecting to get pilloried himself. Bad judgement/lack of homework about his guest.

What's most interesting about it to me is that Bregman knew exactly what he was doing, knew Carlson would never air the clip. He made a clear decision ahead of time that the publicity/attention he'd get going viral with his direct attack was worth more than the publicity/attention he'd get by having his interview make the televised show via taking a less confrontational approach. Fascinating.

We've all seen the human centipede meme of foxnews>trump>trump voters, but that dude better illustrated that the head of the ham centipede is not foxnews, it's the billionaires. It's a 4 party human centipede.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, And I guess you'd go with Hitler.

You really want to keep painting me as things as I am not? Certainly not excellent of you to completely misrepresent me and my beliefs.
You look pretty excellent here to go along with your troll thread. Standard for you. 

Meh. The guy went out of his way to provoke Carlson, not really surprised it went that way or that it didn't get aired. Dr. Dutch basically trolled him.
That’s Tucker’s whole show. Ask some ridiculous rhetorical question, look annoyed, then cut the person off. 

Thought this interview was his best one. Too bad he didn’t air it. 

Tucker Carlson used to be an interesting opinion writer at the Weekly Standard. I used to read him. Shared elevators with him and joked about smoking unfiltered cigarettes. Seemed like a pleasant enough guy. Good sense of humor in the limited time I talked to him.  

Interesting to see how television has replaced print and what that means in terms of both content and temperament of the purveyors of the news.  
And the effect of that on the consumers.

He will ignore news that doesn't fit his agenda.  This precludes him from being a journalist, imo.

He will ignore news that doesn't fit his agenda.  This precludes him from being a journalist, imo.
Again, I don’t think he ever purports to be a journalist or a reporter. I’ve seen and heard him referred to himself as neither but rather a talk show host.  That seems more honest than a guy like lemon who DOES purport to be a reporter but injects his opinions into every discussion.

he is in the same camp as don lemon they have funders they have marching orders and they have an audience that they play to there is no journalism in what they do they just go for ratings and anyone who thinks otherwise is honestly fooling themselves take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread