What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Harris and North Carolina election fraud: New election now looks likely (1 Viewer)

According to what I heard on the news yesterday, there are 5 people on this committee that decides stuff: 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans. You need 4 of them to certify the election, and the Democrats refused; all 3 Republicans voted to certify. You need 3 votes to have a new election, which means one of the Republicans would have to agree to that. Perhaps after the son’s testimony this will happen, but who knows? It looks really bad for Harris here. 

Your own son, who is a federal prosecutor, tells you not to hire this guy because of his election tampering, but you hire him anyway.  Nothing to see here.  Let's talk about real voter fraud!

Harris testifies today and It will be interesting to hear what he says based on his sons testimony yesterday. 

One thing that has been buried is there was a democratic group trying to do the same thing.  It is an embarrassment on our state and think with so much impropriety there needs to a new election. 

With that said this is my voting district and I will be shocked if any Republicans on the board cross party lines with their vote

As a friend asked, at what point do we stop debating whether Harris should be seated and start wondering if he should be prosecuted?

According to what I heard on the news yesterday, there are 5 people on this committee that decides stuff: 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans. You need 4 of them to certify the election, and the Democrats refused; all 3 Republicans voted to certify. You need 3 votes to have a new election, which means one of the Republicans would have to agree to that. Perhaps after the son’s testimony this will happen, but who knows? It looks really bad for Harris here. 
:lol:  

Harris just said that he didn’t take his son’s warning seriously. 

But earlier he testified that he had no prior knowledge that the guy he hired had a history of fraud. That turned out to be a lie. It seems to me that Harris is guilty of perjury at least. 

Harris just called for a new election.

He also said he suffered 2 stokes in January so I’m wondering if he would run again.  

They're supposed to announce a decision later today. But with Harris supporting a new election, it's probably a done deal.

The election will not take place until November. The district will be without representation until then.

Elections board unanimously votes for new election

Score 1 for democracy.

Why weren't  Harris, his campaign people and Dowless arrested in that hearing room and taken into custody?
I'm curious about this as well. Voter fraud in NC is a felony (not sure how much time one would get it caught) so I'm curious as to how there seems to be no penalty for election fraud

Just curious, was a new election the only recourse here? Could they have simply declared McCready the winner? The way Harris quickly came around to the idea made me wonder if it was a strategic retreat to avoid something even worse.

Interesting that @GoBirds and @jon_mx are both notably absent clamoring for Republicans to capitulate. 
I'll say the same thing I said in the Northam/Fairfax threads: Can't we just condemn bad behavior without trying to use the incident to nail our opponents on hypocrisy charges? I think most Republicans seem to recognize that what Harris' campaign is accused of doing is beyond the pale, and I haven't heard anyone defending him, especially after the revelations of the past couple days.

zftcg said:
Just curious, was a new election the only recourse here? Could they have simply declared McCready the winner? The way Harris quickly came around to the idea made me wonder if it was a strategic retreat to avoid something even worse.
I don’t see how. McCready was behind. 

Correction- you’re right they were fraudulent votes. But they don’t know how many they were. 
In any event, McCready and the Dems seem to be celebrating the call for a new election as a victory, so maybe it was a full capitulation by Harris 

Last edited by a moderator:
When Cooper became governer, the Republican controlled houses limited his power.  The also took away his appointments for the election board and giving that power to them.

Tom Skerritt said:
Interesting that @GoBirds and @jon_mx are both notably absent clamoring for Republicans to capitulate. 
Amazing isn't it?  Noonan? Jon?  Knowledge Dropper? Stealth? Where are all the conservatives mouths?  Election fraud is one of Trump's biggest lies. He loves running his mouth about it. Now we have actual proof that he exists. And lo and behold, the fraud comes from the Republicans. Yet they're avoiding this thread like the plague. 😆

Amazing isn't it?  Noonan? Jon?  Knowledge Dropper? Stealth? Where are all the conservatives mouths?  Election fraud is one of Trump's biggest lies. He loves running his mouth about it. Now we have actual proof that he exists. And lo and behold, the fraud comes from the Republicans. Yet they're avoiding this thread like the plague. 😆
Right?! And they’ll come in saying “but they’re having a new election” and that’s great and all. But where is the outrage? Such hypocrites. 

Amazing isn't it?  Noonan? Jon?   Knowledge Dropper? Stealth? Where are all the conservatives mouths?  Election fraud is one of Trump's biggest lies. He loves running his mouth about it. Now we have actual proof that he exists. And lo and behold, the fraud comes from the Republicans. Yet they're avoiding this thread like the plague. 😆
@jon_mxElections In North Carolina are Dead! There will never be another election. 

Oh, I saw this thread had a few new responses. Thought maybe one of the Trump crew checked in to apologize for pretending it was the Democrats we had to worry about with election fraud. But nope. They're still pretending they didn't hear about this.

@jon_mxElections In North Carolina are Dead! There will never be another election. 
Keep doing your false  narratives and personalization.  It is easily the #1 reason for the suckiness of this forum.  Just ignore the topic.  It seems you care more about attacking me than supporting these brave women.  Or are they only brave when they attack conservatives?  

Oh, I saw this thread had a few new responses. Thought maybe one of the Trump crew checked in to apologize for pretending it was the Democrats we had to worry about with election fraud. But nope. They're still pretending they didn't hear about this.
No, it is just Tim posting cross topics.  

Keep doing your false  narratives and personalization.  It is easily the #1 reason for the suckiness of this forum.  Just ignore the topic.  It seems you care more about attacking me than supporting these brave women.  Or are they only brave when they attack conservatives?  
You have a strange definition of attacks. For the record I wasn’t attacking you; I was making fun of the absurdity of your argument that, because a few Democrats haven’t behaved well, the entire metoo movement is officially dead. 

That argument is so silly on its face that I would feel ashamed and undignified to offer any kind of serious rebuttal. My only recourse is to offer mocking humor. 

You have a strange definition of attacks. For the record I wasn’t attacking you; I was making fun of the absurdity of your argument that, because a few Democrats haven’t behaved well, the entire metoo movement is officially dead. 

That argument is so silly on its face that I would feel ashamed and undignified to offer any kind of serious rebuttal. My only recourse is to offer mocking humor. 
Oh no, going back to the other thread and projecting that I support racist policies is not an attack.  Come on Tim 

Users who are viewing this thread