What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Harris and North Carolina election fraud: New election now looks likely (2 Viewers)

Right. The district is only in part of the county. South and east party..... richest,  whitest part

Yes.  They separated out the wealthiest part of the county from the rest
Gotcha - I was just looking at full county so no way for me to know.  Assuming all the other counties are entirely in that district the the R/D split seemed to move toward the D around 3-4% I think.  Don’t know what would be typical during a special election.  

Bishop will win. And Trump will take credit and feel vindicated about making the 2020 campaign all about illegal immigration. Sigh

These people are still voting for Trump and people like Trump...it’s depressing. 
:confused: They JUST voted for the Dem........ today. McCready won that area by a good amount (13 points). Bishop gets the seat because of the rural vote...... not the rich white people

Last edited by a moderator:
His lead is growing and the gap in Mecklenburg is narrowing. Here
This is about ~ flipping 1100 votes or turning out another 2200. 

Observationally Dems still haven’t figured out the suburban/rural turnout. And I think that was a problem in 2016 too, but I think they know it and they seem to be working at it.

There were 2-3 races like this in red districts/states in 2017-18 and they presaged what happened in the midterms.

I try to not let politics affect my mood but I would think that the result tonight is not good news for Trump.
Once in a while I do. 

I’m depressed that rural people vote for Trump. I’m depressed that anyone would vote for a guy like Bishop with that terrible message. I like rural people. I don’t understand how they could be so afraid of illegal immigrants, how they could buy into this nonsense and hate that the President peddles. It’s terribly depressing to me. 

This has got to be what Trump’s diplomats and other administration officials go through. Soooo the plan is: Trump will do it. He’ll campaign in every close district and state on the eve of the election. That’s the plan. They don’t even know if he’s helping or hurting but oh hell yes he’s parachuting in.

Once in a while I do. 

I’m depressed that rural people vote for Trump. I’m depressed that anyone would vote for a guy like Bishop with that terrible message. I like rural people. I don’t understand how they could be so afraid of illegal immigrants, how they could buy into this nonsense and hate that the President peddles. It’s terribly depressing to me. 
:violin:

This is about ~ flipping 1100 votes or turning out another 2200. 

Observationally Dems still haven’t figured out the suburban/rural turnout. And I think that was a problem in 2016 too, but I think they know it and they seem to be working at it.

There were 2-3 races like this in red districts/states in 2017-18 and they presaged what happened in the midterms.
No idea what your point is, but, my point at the time was that he was simply headed to victory.  And I was right.  

Please explain. Because Twitter said so?  County was split and was just 10% of the votes. Union was the huge number. Of course I dont understand the specifics or demographics.  @The Commish?
Wasserman is the US House editor for the Cook Report. 

Maybe Commish can explain the demos of the area better, I take it Robeson is pretty rural. It looks real rural to me. So I think that's the challenge. Apparently the Dems did much better in suburban areas but that didn't make up a failure to turn out the vote in rural areas. 

Wasserman is the US House editor for the Cook Report. 

Maybe Commish can explain the demos of the area better, I take it Robeson is pretty rural. It looks real rural to me. so I think that's the challenge. Apparently the Dems did much better in suburban areas but that didn't make up a failure to turn out the vote in rural areas. 
Ah, ok. Union sounds pretty rural. 

ETA: its pushing 1 am in NOLA what the heck are you doing?   

Please explain. Because Twitter said so?  County was split and was just 10% of the votes. Union was the huge number. Of course I dont understand the specifics or demographics.  @The Commish?
Robeson county is incredibly rural.  There are no urban areas at all.  That county is always one that is going to go GOP.  The only question is by how much.  I'm not sure the point of the tweet but if there was a larger than normal turnout, then my guess is they are trying to say the GOP "base" is motivated?  Not sure.  If so, that's a pretty "water is wet" sort of statement.  There should be no question that both bases are motivated.  The only question is who's well is deeper and who's going to be able to turn out the vote?

Personally, I don't see how a county like this means much in general election.  There's no question it will turn out for the GOP but with the EC in place it voting 70% vs 60% GOP isn't going to matter all that much given the county's population.

There were two things that seemed to be rather shocking to me in this race:

1.  That it was a race at all and won by approx 2 points.  That's quite unreal to me.
2.  That the whitest, richest suburb of Charlotte voted the way they did.  Trump won that portion of the district in 2016.  Last night the Dem won by 13 points.  And that area has a TON of voters in it.  In a general election, 1-2 points could equal thousands of votes.

My :2cents:  

Robeson county is incredibly rural.  There are no urban areas at all.  That county is always one that is going to go GOP.  The only question is by how much.  I'm not sure the point of the tweet but if there was a larger than normal turnout, then my guess is they are trying to say the GOP "base" is motivated?  Not sure.  If so, that's a pretty "water is wet" sort of statement.  There should be no question that both bases are motivated.  The only question is who's well is deeper and who's going to be able to turn out the vote?

Personally, I don't see how a county like this means much in general election.  There's no question it will turn out for the GOP but with the EC in place it voting 70% vs 60% GOP isn't going to matter all that much given the county's population.

There were two things that seemed to be rather shocking to me in this race:

1.  That it was a race at all and won by approx 2 points.  That's quite unreal to me.
2.  That the whitest, richest suburb of Charlotte voted the way they did.  Trump won that portion of the district in 2016.  Last night the Dem won by 13 points.  And that area has a TON of voters in it.  In a general election, 1-2 points could equal thousands of votes.

My :2cents:  
I doubt that would hold if Sanders of Warren were the nominee.  You know how scared these banker types are of them...

I doubt that would hold if Sanders of Warren were the nominee.  You know how scared these banker types are of them...
I'd really like to see a breakdown via exit polls.  I agree with you, but I also know that area is driven by the soccer moms just as much as the banker types.  It's hard to say what last night really means without being able to dig deeper, but it certainly gave me pause as an observer.  This is an area that has been DEEP RED for decades....like, "Dems, don't even bother here, you're wasting your time/money" RED.  

Users who are viewing this thread